Nurse available by email
FellowshipHarvard
8010 Frost Street
San Diego, CA 92123
858.505.5500
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kristi Maas to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists Medical Group to a friend?
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I am lucky to have Dr. Maas has my fertility doctor. She has made this process a lot easier because this whole process is very emotional, physically demanding, and financially straining. Dr. Maas listened carefully to my wants and needs.... I was able to see her during almost every appointment which was great.... I saw Dr.Maas after 7 failed iui’s. I was 39 when starting the IVF process, so my age was the main factor. I did not have endometriosis, PCOS, and both my tubes were clear. All of my numbers were good as I was going through all the iui’s
Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
I am lucky to have Dr. Maas has my fertility doctor. She has made this process a lot easier because this whole process is very emotional, physically demanding, and financially straining. Dr. Maas listened carefully to my wants and needs. She asked about my prior fertility treatments and made a new plan for me. I was able to see her during almost every appointment which was great.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Trust the process. The doctors and nurses are rooting for you and want to see you get pregnant.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
She had a open and honest conversation with me. She explained all the necessary items pertaining to IVF. She was gentle but also blunt when needed.
Describe the protocols Kristi Maas used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists Medical Group and their degree of success.
I saw Dr.Maas after 7 failed iui’s. I was 39 when starting the IVF process, so my age was the main factor. I did not have endometriosis, PCOS, and both my tubes were clear. All of my numbers were good as I was going through all the iui’s, but I did have a fibroid but it was in a good area (if there is such a place). I thought I didn’t have anything that could prevent me from getting pregnant, so my previous doctor was shocked at all my negative iui’s and told me I had unexplained infertility. After that I went to Dr. Maas because I knew IVF was the next step for me. For my medications leading up to my egg retrieval, I was on 150 Menopur a night and 300 mg of Gonal-f. I did these shots for 11 nights. I also did Centroid for 5 or 6 days. My egg retrieval was fairly easy. Overall, only the cost of the IVF cycle was hard. Medications weren’t that bad, some bruising on my stomach and I didn’t really have any reactions to them. I planned on doing a frozen embryo and genetic testing because I needed to get my thyroid down first. (Didn’t have a thyroid problem when starting the iui’s but my thyroid number increased sometime during those iui’s.)
Every nurse that I came into contact with was great! They really cared about me and wanted me to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The clinics are clean and organized. Almost every person I came into contact with was very nice. My clinic has two offices which is a positive and a negative. The clinic closest to my house was great for some appointments and early morning blood tests before I had to go to work. One weakness is that the clinic closer to my house is not staffed all the time. So I had to drive almost an hour to the other office many times. They also do not have late appointments. Their last appointment is at 2:30pm. This was very challenging for my work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The large amount for IVF was $11,200. Anesthesia was $500. Genetic testing was $4,500. Medication was $3000 -3500 (but I had some from prior treatments so it would have been another $1,000 embryo transfer is $3,500
Describe Kristi Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
I had 6 embryos make it to Day 5 and ready for genetic testing and to freeze. Unfortunately I only had 1 embryo come back as inconclusive, so we tested that embryo again and it came back normal! So for my embryo transfer I only had one little fighter go in.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
San Diego

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.

Dr. Maas took the time to explain everything to us in as much detail as we asked for. She spent several hours of consultation with us during our treatments. She gave hugs when needed. She called me personally to let me know when cycles didn't work.... Dr. Maas is incredibly smart and an excellent communicator. She helped us feel empowered throughout the process while helping us keep realistic expectations. She uses evidence based practice every step of the way.
You are in excellent hands with her. Please note that she works between two offices so you may have to drive farther to see her on some days if you dont want to see a different doctor in the practice.
My first IUI cycle was with clomid with an ovidrel trigger. Second was letrozole+gonal-f with ovidrel trigger. Third was gonal-f+cetrotide (antagonist protocol) with ovidrel trigger. My only ivf cycle was gonal-f+menopur and was planning on using micro hcg and cetrotide but it was cancelled due to poor response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
All of the staff was fantastic!! They were warm, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Strengths: multiple locations for monitoring and consults, several doctors, organized. Weaknesses: procedures only at the office farther away from me, and you have to pay for parking which just adds insult to injury after paying thousands of dollars for treatment.
Insurance covered IUI procedures but not meds. IVF would have costed around $10 thousand. We put down a $6k deposit but got it back after our cycle was cancelled.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?