Nurse available by email
FellowshipCleveland Clinic
10777 Nall Avenue
Overland Park, KS 66211
913-588-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kristin Holoch to a friend?

4.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Holoch] found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!...allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch has been a great Dr and I would highly recommend her. Dr Holoch is very trustworthy, kind, and compassionate. She found a uterine polyp on my exam, and called me directly to discuss it. She explained the process to remove the polyp and all of the risks. We also discussed my next steps in our fertility journey. We had a 20 minute conversation at 6pm and she didn’t try to rush me off the phone. I could tell she genuinely cared about me as a person!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
I would advice a prospective client of Dr Holoch to make a list of questions before your appointment. Dr Holoch allows plenty of time to make sure all of your questions are answered, so be prepared so you can make the most of your appointment time!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Holoch always explained everything in a way we would understand. She was always very patient with me and made sure all of my questions were answered during my appointments.
Describe the protocols Kristin Holoch used in your cycles at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Holoch recommended we start with fertility pills (clomid 1 cycle, letrozole the other 5 cycles). Clomid caused me to have some intense side effects and it made my lining too thin, so Dr Holoch switched me to letrozole the next cycle. The first two cycles we did timed intercourse and the last 4 we did IUI. None of them have been successful, but we plan to move onto IVF in the near future. During my saline sonogram, Dr Holoch found a polyp. She plans to remove the polyp before we move onto IVF.
The nursing staff has been very knowledgeable and compassionate. The online patient portal is a wonderful tool to have. The nurses are quick to respond to questions in the portal.
Describe your experience with Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has a great patient portal that allows easy flow of communication between patient, nurses, and Dr. The clinic is clean and organized. The only downside is the wait time In the waiting room for appointments; however this is common at most Dr.’s offices. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone!
Overland Park

I didn't have a good experience as a patient with Dr. Holoch. We only saw her 3 times in the year that we went through treatment with her. Our treatment plan never changed, despite several failed IUI cycles. She was late to every appointment. She was 30 minutes late to our last appointment and then was very defensive when talking with us. No one came in to tell us that she was running behind, so we just sat there waiting. Then our appointment only lasted maybe 15 minutes.
Advocate for yourself and push for your protocol to be changed if what you are doing isn't working.
The first couple of appointments were better, but after that we always just felt like a number. I felt like we were rushed for our appointments and all the results were provided through the portal and not explained in person or over the phone.
Every IUI it was Femara for 5 days, Gonal F for usually 2 days at 75 units, and progesterone supplements after the IUI. I had 7 IUIs done and every single one resulted in a BFN.
There was one excellent nurse named Jen that we loved. She truly cared about her patients and was the only one that didn't make you feel like you were just a number. Everyone else seemed to always be in a hurry. Several of my scans were only like 5 minutes long and they didn't communicate anything to me during it.
They are quick to get you an appointment, but other than that I just felt like a number. The front desk staff was usually friendly. The wait time was usually about 15 minutes. Advocate for yourself or they will just keep doing the same thing every single time. I also only had a doctor do my IUI once.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
IUIs were $600 each plus medications, so for me each IUI was around $1,000. Monitoring and lab work was covered by my insurance.
Describe Kristin Holoch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Overland Park

Dr. Holoch is incredibly smart and up to date on all new medical treatment options. She clearly explained each and every step of the way so we never left the office feeling confused. She made it a point to include us in each decision that we made for our treatment. Her bedside manner is impeccable and I truly felt like she was invested with us during our entire process. I did not feel like I was a part of a large "system" where all treatments were directed down the same pathway, each step was highly individualized. Honestly, I can not say enough great things about Dr. Holoch and I will continue to recommend her to any of my friends who need infertility help!!
Be honest and open with her. She is incredibly responsive to each person's wants/needs and does all she can to make it happen.
Dr. Holoch was incredibly open and kind beginning at day one, thru our miscarriage and then until we got pregnant. She was always available for questions and really listened to what we desired to do with out treatment. I felt like we made shared decisions with her and that she was always concerned about our well-being (both physically and mentally).
I saw/interacted with several of the nurses throughout our treatments, and each time they were incredibly personable and supportive. They were always available to help me and very quick to respond to any email questions or concerns.
The clinic is easy to find and professional appearing. The office has everything you need and there are many people around to help direct your care exactly where it needs to go. You probably will wait a little bit, but not more than 20 minutes, which is extremely good in my experience.
The cost for each IUI was definitely in the range of what I have seen everywhere. I am not completely sure on the exact amount.
Overland Park

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristin Holoch at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Our initial visit [with Dr. Holoch] was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
Our initial visit was very straightforward and a plan was developed. I think after that I had more concerns about discovering the true reason behind my infertility and multiple miscarriages and so far have no answers in that regard. Not sure if they don't explore as the treatments are all the same though. She has adjusted medication behind the scene but have not seen since first visit.
Make sure you write out your questions up front and don't be afraid to ask as there is not time later on to go back over them with her.
Medicated IUI cycle with clomid on cycle day 3-5, an ultrasound around day 12, an ovedril injection shot, and then prometrium for two weeks after insemination. Prometrium as I have had two miscarriages. For cycle two added additional medication, letrzole as I had one ultrasound showing small follicles and my second ultrasound showed they shrinked so started that for 5 days and by third ultrasound there was one mature follicle. Both cycles resulted in negative tests. On third cycle now
Some of the nurses were incredibly compassionate and answered my questions and some refused to give me any information during the ultrasound, saying it would be gone over later. I also overheard a nurse comment that she was selling IVF when she was giving me our overview packet but she might have meant it in another way. Otherwise they are excellent and usually call back quite quickly and are accommodating with their hours
Strengths is hours and having everything in one location. Weakness is timeliness only when it comes to IUI procedure. It is usually an hour after scheduled time which is hard to plan around and the waiting can cause anxiety
Medications ranged form 50-$100 dollars for each and I have taken four different types with each cycle. Ultrasounds are around $150 and I had to have three one cycle. Insemination is $650.
Preference for single embryo
Overland Park

I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult....Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate... We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult...Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own
Upon meeting Dr Holloch she was kind and compassionate. She provided my husband and I with our first feeling of hope to expand our family in a year. We were disappointed that it would be the only time we ever actually saw her over our treatment of 8 months. And we’re told the only way we would be able to see her would be to schedule an IVF consult.
I would say to have done research. Know the important questions to ask, things to expects, and to discuss your expectations as patients with her.
I was only able to see Dr. Holloch one time at our initial consult. During each monthly visit I had a new nurse who clearly had not reviewed my file and did not ask the questions I had assumed would be important to know for my appointment. Ie mid sonogram would ask if I was in for egg retrieval’s or IUIs.
After reviewing my medical history and tests I had already completed through my obgyn at an attempt to discuss the factor causing my infertility. She determined the best plan was to have my husband complete two separate semen analysis - both which came back with “perfect” little swimmers. After ruling out make factor and knowing all my tests came back “normal” Dr. Holloch suggested we try 4 rounds of chlomid (50 mg) in our own aka take a pill everyday for a week then use our OPK at home kits to know the days we should be doing the baby dance. 4 months later no baby. Month 5 and 6 Dr. Holloch had planned to increase chlomid to 100 mg and start IUIS. Neither helped. Dr hollochs (aka her nurses) next recommendation was to schedule an IVF consult (for a small fee of 350$) with Dr Holloch as this was the “next best step and only solution” for my family.
The nursing staff were all over the place. Over 6 months at the clinic I never had the same nurse. I was disturbed that each nurse would have a different answer to my same question. During my second IUI the nurse laughed as she was in the middle of turkey basting me and said “oh I hope I did that right” .. me too since I just paid the receptionist over 600 dollars. Other nurses made promises that today was the day you would be making a baby - not a good thing to promise a desperate woman.
Overall the nurses are friendly but disorganized. Don’t expect to have a personal relationship formed at this clinic with the staff. I certainly felt like another number not a human being trying to build a family.
600 dollars for one round of IUI. 200 dollars per sonogram before the IUI (this cost depends on your insurance, my insurance covered 60% of cost 200 is what I was still owed) 250 dollars for an initial consult. 350 dollars for IVF consult. My HSG test was quoted at up to 2500 dollars and thankfully insurance covered almost all of that. Each semen analysis was a couple hundred dollars (do not recall specific amount).
What specific things went wrong at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?

4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive....Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background....I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF.... I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg.
4 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Holoch was a great doctor--caring and compassionate. I never felt rushed during my appointments with her. Her explanations were also clear and easy to understand--she was talented at explaining complex concepts to patients without any medical background. I would recommend her to anyone experiencing infertility.
I don't really have any advice to give. Dr. Holoch was great.
Dr. Holoch was always very kind and supportive.
I went through 3 unsuccessful IUIs with my own eggs with a different doctor who ended up leaving the KU Med clinic I went to. A few months later, thanks to funding we received from the Baby Quest Foundation, I was able to begin ovarian stimulation with Dr. Holoch in anticipation of going through IVF. Unfortunately, the stimulation was not successful. I only had 5 eggs, and my estrogen levels were low enough that Dr. Holoch did not think I would have more than 1 viable egg. She therefore recommended canceling the IVF and instead doing an IUI, which was not successful. I was then 37. My wife at the time was 28. Given the lack of success with my eggs, we decided to begin an IVF cycle with her eggs. She went through the stimulation and had 13 eggs retrieved, 11 of which were mature. We ended up with 5 fertilized eggs (with sperm from a donor), 2 of which gave us good embryos. We froze the embryos and 1 of them was transferred into my uterus a month later. This is how we had our son.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Christina Williams was the primary nurse. Different coordinators were in charge at different points in time.)
Dr. Holoch was great, but her staff was a disaster. Nurses kept forgetting that my wife and I were a same-sex couple, that she was going to go through egg retrieval and that I was going to carry the baby. The clinic was a bit of a circus. We'd show up at the time of our appointment and it was basically unpredictable whether we'd be seen on time, or how much time it would take. More than once, they ordered the wrong medications and/or forgot to order certain medications. If I had not been on top of things, I would have missed some of the medications I was supposed to take during the stimulation period. Our experience with this clinic was not great. If we had known this ahead of time, we would have selected a different clinic. We're not sure who is to blame--the doctor, the nursing/coordinating team, the system in place, or all of the above.
Because the nursing staff was very disorganized, we did not have a great experience with this clinic. We do not know if our experience extends to the whole clinic or just to the staff who worked with Dr. Holoch. Either way, we would not recommend this clinic.
The canceled IVF cycle, the successful IVF cycle, and the egg transfer ended up costing about $15,000. This does not include any of the medicine.
Given the higher risk associated with twin pregnancies, and because my wife was younger and her eggs were likely to be healthy, Dr. Holoch recommended transferring only 1 embryo at a time, which is what we did.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch was amazing at listening and explaining everything to me and my husband. She even called me directly a few times. She is amazing at her job! I would recommend her. The only thing I don't like about this clinic is you deal with the nurses majority of the time and only see the doctors if needed.... We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Holoch did an excellent job making sure I was comfortable but the clinic is very busy so I definitely get not being able to use too much time
We did 2 IUIs with no success. We wanted to move forward with IVF. We did 3 months on depo for my endometriosis after my retrieval. Then a frozen transfer of 2 embryos. They let us decide on number of embryos to transfer but encouraged just 1. We ended up with twins.
Nursing staff were ok. They were friendly but I don't feel communicated very well. They took a long time to return calls and then ask the Dr and then call back.
The clinic was great and I would use them again. The biggest issue I had was with communication. I felt like I had to be on my own stuff or things would get missed. I had issues with billing that I had to keep calling about. I also had to remind nurses what my plan of care was. The clinic is great if you're in top of everything but if you're not probably not the best for you
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I had appointments sometimes others were a range normally when they opened and these were normally more for weekend during my treatments
I believe with everything IUIs and IVF it was around $22,000
They encourage PGS testing and single embryo transfers

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she [Dr. Holoch] cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect...She took her time to explain the process, the likely reasons for my miscarriage, was encouraging but not pushy after our loss, and honest the whole way through
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
She is professional, kind, and honest. She is compassionate in the deliverance of suboptimal news, is honest but not blunt about predicted outcomes, and is able to have a sense of humor along the way!
Be upfront with any concerns- she is willing to listen and doesn’t take things personally.
We originally used all injectables on my first transfer with her. My lining grew slowly so she offered ideas to adjunct the medications that worked. After my miscarriage, my uterus behaved differently with the injectables and she cancelled the transfer with concern for suboptimal lining. She was very thorough in describing that she didn’t want to chance losing an embryo. The subsequent transfer we used vaginal estrogen and injectables and it was perfect.
She was extremely organized and communicated well with appropriate response times. Not the biggest snuggler but she was an awesome guide.
Weakness: They don’t get many long distance patients like myself so there was some learning curve. There was some delay in communication from front office staff to back. Strengths: welcoming, timely, organized, compassionate. The transfer nurse is one of the best humans on the planet.
Copay, STD testing, HSG ultrasound, transfer, costs for our donor for all of that and embryo storage.
She gave us the option of what we wanted to do and outlined the probabilities of both as well as the risks involved.
Overland Park

She [Dr. Holoch] took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so... I initially felt not taken care of but the care has gotten much better since that initial visit. She takes time to call me and my husband and talk to us fully about all options. I appreciate her dedication.... Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
Make sure she reviewed your chart prior to that initial appointment
She took time to explain everything we needed to do, she answered all my silly questions and continues to do so
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Maddison )
Maddison is awesome! She was super helpful to us when we received bad news, always compassionate, and explained all of our options every time. She goes above and beyond anything we could ask for.
The office is very welcoming, they are prompt with time of appointment, it’s a very relaxing environment, and the front desk staff is awesome. They all just want to help you. I appreciate them so much
Overland Park

I felt like she [Dr. Kristin Holoch] was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.... She was extremely thorough and to the point, yet very knowledgeable and friendly.
I felt like she was very knowledgeable and respectful of our situation. She seemed interested in what we had to say, and what we had experienced up until our first appointment with her. She was friendly, down to earth, and extremely proactive.
Write down all of your questions! She will answer them all!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kansas University Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Shannon)
Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Cannot say enough about how compassionate, and relatable, and friendly, and intelligent she is. She seriously makes the entire trip to the clinic so easy. Hands down the best nurse we've ever worked with!
I feel like the staff at this clinic do a very good job of making you feel welcome and comfortable. We are often put in a lot of really awkward situations, and a majority of the staff here have helped ease that discomfort!
General consultation appointment-$300 Sonogram-$187/ea IUI-$600 ($300 IUI, $300 Semen part) Bloodwork-Varies on testing.
Overland Park

Dr. Holoch has been absolutely wonderful. At this point ivf is our next and only step. She is very invested in our success on our first round. She has been sure to answer any and all questions and I cannot wait to get started!... Don’t be afraid to ask any questions. She won’t beat around the question and answer it fully.... Dr. Holoch has answered every question I have had fully. You can tell she also is very invested in my success.
We have not yet been given our protocol for our ivf cycle in about 6 weeks.
Our clinic has been great so far. I truly have no complaints. Every time I need an appointment, they make sure to get me in and everyone I’ve seen has always been friendly. Treatment plans and communication have always been given within a very timely manner. Just be sure to ask the questions you have.
My estimated cost for our ivf cycle is about $18,000