Not available by email
Medical SchoolMercer
777 Hemlock Street
Macon, GA 31201
478.633.1000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kristina Hawkins to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Central Georgia Fertility Navicent to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 62%Neutral: 38%9
I love Dr. Hawkins! We are about the same age. I have a beautiful love story (i married at age 37) and I genuinely feel that she wants me to be pregnant just like a best friend would. With my last loss we used injectables and I got pregnant on the first cycle. Then I lost the baby and Dr. Hawkins got a little emotional as we went into her office. I truly feel she was hurt by the loss of my pregnancy like a best friend would be.
How was your experience with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
You will love her. She is personable and very thorough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?
During my last miscarriage, Dr. Hawkins got a little emotional. She felt my pain. The staff know me and I feel as though they want to help me get pregnant and carry the baby to term.
Describe the protocols Kristina Hawkins used in your cycles at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent and their degree of success.
Femara 5mg. I had used clomid under the care of another Dr had miscarriages. Femara is supposed to be better than clomid and we were hoping a different medicine would produce a different outcome. I didn't ovulate on the femara. Injectable cycle 9 days of stim with gonal f. I wanted something more aggressive as I am an older woman. Achieved pregnancy but ultimately had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent. (Assigned nurse: Dee Nelson )
Dee is awesome. Very thorough with exams and instructions on how to take meds. Returns calls immediately. I never have unanswered questions when I leave the office.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
The clinic is great. Unfortunately they are the only clinic in the middle ga area. I wish there were more doctors/nurses. I'm sure they would appreciate more help. That said that doesn't take away from the care I have received.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
Co pay for visits with Dr. For monitoring, these visits were covered with no co pay. Meds were covered and only required co pay.
Macon

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kristina Hawkins at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Hawkins is nothing shy of amazing. She truly cares about her patients. My favorite thing about her is that she lays out all the options for treatment plans and gives percentages of success rate. She also warns about cost which I appreciated.... My first 6 mo the seeing Dr. Hawkins we ran many test to see what our issues were. These test included seman analysis, saline ultrasound and blood work. My first medicated cycle we did 50 Mg of clomid to see how I would respond.
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Be patient with her. She is very busy with them interns but she does have your best interest at heart.
I felt more like a human with Dr. Hawkins because when I was having an ectopic pregnancy she walked with me every step of the way. She consistently checked on me throughout the whole process. We couldn’t have made it through such a tough time without her.
My first 6 mo the seeing Dr. Hawkins we ran many test to see what our issues were. These test included seman analysis, saline ultrasound and blood work. My first medicated cycle we did 50 Mg of clomid to see how I would respond. She monitored the whole first cycle. I responded well, but I did not conceive. My second cycle I did the same medication without monitoring. I conceived. It ended in an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my left Fallopian tube. Third cycle we did 50 mg of clomid, monitoring, failed round. Fourth we bumped up the dosage to 100 mg and monitoring. Another failed round Fifth round we went to 150 mg and monitoring and plus the trigger shot. Also another failed round. Each time my follicles grew beautifully and I ovulated I just could not conceive. This is when she offered us a referral to an ivf clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia and Dee)
In my honest opinion, her nurses were awful. They never return phone calls. See even made jokes about me only having one tube due to an ectopic pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I do t have anything good to say about the clinics nurses. That is who patients see 90% of the time. Most of the time when I came in they had no idea what was going on I would have to remind them where I was in my cycle and why I was there. My biggest advice to new patients would be advocate for yourself. Do not let the nurses push you around.
My insurance covered 80 percent with my care from dr. Hawkins.
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?

2017 - 2019
I only saw Dr Hawkins during my consultation. All other experiences were with her nurse, who was kind and took the time to answer my concerns. I did feel like I should be speaking with Dr. Hawkins more.... I do not ovulate and my cycles are long. We tried clomid and letrozole for several cycles, but my follicles did not respond. I was told by the nurse that I would need to choose between injectables or IVF but I was discouraged from injectables because of the risk of too many follicles maturing.
2017 - 2019
She was very compassionate and seemed to be very knowledgeable. I did not interact with her more than once or twice. She gave me hope but I haven’t been back since I was referred for IVF after 3 cycles of failed prescription meds.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
I loved the nurse! She seemed to really care and would go out of her way to see me for ultrasounds. She seemed to be very knowledgeable but it was hard to trust her making all the decisions about how to proceed. I expected the doctor to be more involved.
Describe your experience with Central Georgia Fertility Navicent.
The front desk secretary was very rude during my initial call. During office visits, she kept it very short but was nice. I did feel the environment to be very cold and unwelcoming. During my visit where I was asked lots of questions before treatment, I was with a man other than Dr Hawkins and a grad student (also make). That was very uncomfortable for me. I picked Dr Hawkins because I felt more comfortable with a female.
What specific things went wrong at Central Georgia Fertility Navicent?

2012 - 2016
Dr. Hawkins is also a teaching dr, so you only see her when necessary (for consults and procedures). Which has never bothered me bc for the most part you only go in for blood test and ultrasounds to check your progress. But, she does review all of the results and responds via nurses....Also, she does not do IVF, she will refer you to another clinic for that, but she will do the monitoring for the IVF cycles.
2012 - 2016
Dr. Hawkins is also a teaching dr, so you only see her when neccessary (for consults and procedures). Which has never bothered me bc for the most part you only go in for blood test and ultrasounds to check your progress. But, she does review all of the results and responds via nurses.
It has nothing to do with Dr. Hawkins, she's absolutely fantastic, but every woman's body is different and things may not always work the way they should or textbook style. Be patient, be cautiously optomistic and be flexible. Also, she does not do IVF, she will refer you to another clinic for that, but she will do the monitoring for the IVF cycles.
Very personable and empathetic. They cry when you cry and jump for joy for you! I love everyone in that office.
About 3 rounds of clomid, different strengths, no results. 2 rounds of ovidrel, increasing dosages, not enough results. Several rounds of Follistem for a natural insemination, varying dosages trying to get the right number of follicles. 1 cycle resulted in trigger shot. Neg preg test. Moved on to IVF. Dr. Hawkins does not do IVF, but will do monitoring for them.
Cynthia and Dee are great! They tolerate me quite well and return my phone calls promptly.
I had insurance for several treatments, fortunately. For noninsurance covered procedures, price could range from $50 to $300 per visit.

2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Hawkins doesn't do IVF, but does everything else and works closely with clinics that do IVF...She performed all tests and I've met with her 2 times regarding plans of action. She was very knowledgeable and did a good job explaining every step, option, risk, and success rate.
2013 - 2015
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Hawkins doesn't do IVF, but does everything else and works closely with clinics that do IVF. She has been my primary specialist regarding infertility although I went to another clinic for the egg retrieval and transfer. She performed all tests and I've met with her 2 times regarding plans of action. She was very knowlegeable and did a good job explaining every step, option, risk, and success rate. The nursing staff were also fantastic.
To see her first.
Dr. Hawkins and her team were always friendly and empathetic. They listened to me and helped me understand everything.
They took the time to get to know me and, since I interacted with them the most, were really great about getting my questions answered by the doctor.