Nurse available by email
ResidencyThomas Jefferson
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Krystene DiPaola to a friend?

6.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates to a friend?
Although we did not receive the results we expected, I would go to see Dr. Dipoala again. She is a very kind doctor and calls to check in on her patients. When I had some issues and called into the office in the middle of the night, she had called back an hour later to give me medical advice.... I was diagnosed with pcos at my consultation appointment. From there I was placed on femara, but was not responding well. My eggs took a very long time to grow, so my dosage was increased within the same cycle.
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Although we did not receive the results we expected, I would go to see Dr. Dipoala again. She is a very kind doctor and calls to check in on her patients. When I had some issues and called into the office in the middle of the night, she had called back an hour later to give me medical advice. She was very considerate and compassionate durring the care I received. We were disappointed that durring our last IUI, we were told if it did not work that we would move onto injectables, then following the failed IUI we were told it was not an option. This was my last appointment with the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Be sure to call with any questions you have. Dr. Dipoala is very quick with results and is always there to listen to your questions and concerns
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Dr. Dipoala was very kind and has a warm bedside manner.
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
I was diagnosed with pcos at my consultation appointment. From there I was placed on femara, but was not responding well. My eggs took a very long time to grow, so my dosage was increased within the same cycle. The following 3 IUI I experienced the same thing. I was finally placed on the max dose and still no results. I was then placed on clomid and ovulated much earlier than while on femara, we did 2 cycle on clomid with no results. I was then told I would start injections, but at my next appointment the Dr. Said my ovary was not visible enough to do injections (she couldnt see a section) and that I should lose 75 lbs and then I may not need to see a specialist. She also said that if I wanted to move to IVF I would need to lose 75 lbs. She used these methods because she thought that femara along with IUI would give us a great chance at conception. My husbands sperm analysis had come back with 2% morphology. Dr. Dipoala said she likes to see it at 4% but there was a large volume of sperm in the samples and that it should not be a great impact.
The nursing staff was amazing. The nurses performed all of my IUI procedures. They were very comforting durring each IUI and very friendly.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I think overall the clinic is set on caring for their patients. I have no complaints. They are very good at responding to their patients phone calls, and answering all questions you may have. The only issue I ran into while at the clinic was someone forgot to send my script over to the pharmacy. I had called to let them know that I went to pick up my medicine and it was not in the system. Another doctor within the practice had called me about 10 minutes later and told me he personally called the pharmacy and it was ready to be picked up. I was genuinely impressed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
My insurance covered most of my costs. We had to pay for medications out of pocket, and pay what my insurance charged for diagnostic testing. Each cycle cost about $300 out of pocket.
Describe Krystene DiPaola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
When we spoke about IVF at the last appointment she briefly went over that at my age, and with our diagnosis that she would feel most comfortable transferring one egg. But we decided to take a break from treatment and have not been back for about a year.
Snyder

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.

she [Dr. DiPaola] is very knowledgeable...made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately...worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful...start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI
Dr. DiPaola worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful
Go in prepared with questions you have because she is very knowledgeable
Dr. DiPaola made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately.
Clomid- start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI - 3 rounds of IUI with clomid. After 4 trials the chances of getting pregnant drop significantly Gonal-F plus IUI - wanted to work within the means of my insurance because IVF is not covered. I was on a very low dose, however I produced too many follicles and needed to skip the IUI Femara plus Gonal- F and IUI - last step before moving onto IVF
The nursing staff is very compassionate and patient. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and answer questions to the best of their ability. Some of the nurses are new to the staff and not as experienced which can cause some delays with ultrasounds and IUI’s
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day and they clinic is open 7 days a week including holidays. Everyone immediately makes you feel welcome. Blood work is also offered there so you don’t have to go to an outside facility but you can if it is more convenient. As with any doctors office they do run behind, so if your appointment is not early be prepared to wait. At times you can hear the office staff complaining about nurses and doctors which is unprofessional
My insurance covered all costs prior to IVF. With IVF it will cost $4500 for the procedure, approximately $1500 for ultrasounds and blood work and possibly another $1500 for medication. Typically medication costs about $4500 however I have some stored away as per the advice of Dr. DiPaola

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We chose to transfer two embryos each time [with Dr. DiPaola] in hopes of best results. I had lots of embryos from each cycle but only a couple made it to day 5 each time, which also helped to influence the decision to transfer 2...She greeted me with a smile at each visit, gave encouragement, honest opinions, gave details and never rushed me...She was patient, compassionate, elaborated everything into common terms. She made me feel optimistic and was encouraging. She was perfect. She adjusted meds and dosages based upon my needs. She is the reason I have children.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Trust her knowledge and know she truly cares about her patients.
For the failed cycle, i was placed on birth control for one month. I used Gonal f, cetrotide, micro hcg, a trigger shot, followed by progesterone suppositories. On the cycle which was successful, I used Lupron for a few weeks, followed by gonal f, Lupron, micro hcg, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, and estradiol tablets. It was believed that my estrogen levels dropped too quickly after the transfer of my first ivf. She said she gave me the meds she did because I was unexplained infertility. I responded well to each cycle but had no embryos to freeze.
They were efficient, professional, compassionate, and very knowledgeable about fertility.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I have no negatives to describe. The positives were they are quick with blood draws in the morning, great with communication about mes dosages, very compassionate and professional. The office is located right off of the highway and easy to access.
Two attempts of ivf was 6,000. Meds and bloodwork and ultrasounds were out of pocket. The amount included icsi, sedation, retrieval, transfer, etc. A payment plan was available after a down payment of about half.
We chose to transfer two embryos each time in hopes of best results. I had lots of embryos from each cycle but only a couple made it to day 5 each time, which also helped to influence the decision to transfer 2. The first cycle failed but seconf cycle resulted in twins.
Snyder

She [Dr. DiPaola] is very friendly and compassionate. Although I saw all of the doctors at the clinic for various procedures, she made me feel like I was her only patient at my visits with her. She knew my medical history and took time to address my questions and concerns (even though I had many!)...Took the time to answer all of our questions, never felt rushed, personally called with results throughout the process and discuss my concerns
She is very friendly and compassionate. Although I saw all of the doctors at the clinic for various procedures, she made me feel like I was her only patient at my visits with her. She knew my medical history and took time to address my questions and concerns (even though I had many!)
Ask any questions you have, none are too small or insignificant
We did IVF with PGD since I am a balanced translocation carrier. I had a good AMH, we did an antagonist protocol with gonal-f, lo dose HCG, and cetrotide with ovidrel trigger. Stimmed for 9 days, retrieved 44 eggs, 37 mature, 32 fertilized.
They called me quickly with test results and were easy to reach with questions. Always friendly.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Good communication, always available to answer questions or discuss concerns. In my case my protocol used birth control pills to regulate my cycles/ down regulate, so time between cycles felt long, but necessary due to irregular cycles.
$4500 IVF cycle fee ($4000 for second cycle), $1500 biopsy fee for genetic testing, $1225 transfer fee for FET. Most monitoring (bloodwork, ultrasounds) covered by insurance. Meds about $3000 for 2 cycles (They were able to provide us with about $2000 worth of meds)
We are doing PGD/PGS and are young, so she recommended single embryo transfer.
Snyder

She [Dr. Krystene DiPaola] is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
She is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
Make sure to have all of your questions ready, and ask her to repeat if you need.
She is very good with patients, she listens and answers your questions. She is a very thoughtful person, and answers very politically correct, but in a good way.
She used 2 different protocols on me. One with just gonal f and cetrotide and the other long lupron and low dose hcg. Overall, we did not yield as many embryos as we both had hoped for.
They are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I would say the strengths are their approach, they have a good clinical approach. I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
They have a 3 tier package. 1st IVF = $4,000 2nd IVF = $3,500 3rd + IVF = $3,000 It is a great price, as all IVF is expensive.
She was all for transferring 2 at a time.

IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
She made us feel like she's really trying to help us get pregnant, very positive but honest and realistic...I appreciate her bedside manner. She is always honest and seemed to be concerned/disappointed when things didn't work out. She listened to our questions and never made us feel like we were a burden.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and express your concerns. She will listen and not make you feel like an idiot
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
The nursing staff that does weight and blood pressure are fantastic. Overall the ivf nurses have also been great, but considering the high range of emotions involved with the process sometimes I felt like I was bothering a specific nurse on the rare occasion that I called with questions. Overall they didn't do anything terrible. I don't personally have a need for overly bubbly happy interactions but I did feel as though a happier attitude could have gone a long way.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Flexible, willing to make times work as much as they can. I have met with all of the doctors throughout our time and love them all.
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
UC Health Center for Reproductive Health
West Chester

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.

She [Dr. Krystene DiPaola] was an amazing doctor. She transferred clinics to far way...After my visits she would have me sit in her office. She would review and explain things. Go over our plan. If plan adjusted she would make sure I understood. Very caring. Very educational...Clomid quickly showed it was not working and she didn’t waste time with it. Progesterone was used after every trigger shot and was inserted vaginally.
She was an amazing doctor. She transferred clinics to far way. Or I would of stayed with her. I also only transferred due to wanting to stay the route of IUI and not moving to IVF. After my visits she would have me sit in her office. She would review and explain things. Go over our plan. If plan adjusted she would make sure I understood. Very caring. Very educational
If your lucky enough to get her take her. You won’t regret it.
This doctor was very passionate and carting. This doctor treated you like you were family. Answered all questions. Gave no Judgement.
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
Clinic was the first step. Then we moved to another medicatio. Can’t remember now. Had to take medication every round to make my period start. Then had a trigger shot after taking pill form. Did several rounds of this then moved to IUI. . Clomid quickly showed it was not working and she didn’t waste time with it. Progesterone was used after every trigger shot and was inserted vaginally.
It’s been a while, but the communicated really well. Always let me doctors know when I called and got back to me right away.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
They won’t always do IUIs as long as you want them to due to be affiliated with a hospital and being bound by more polices and regulations. The doctors are amazing and patient. They care and do it not for the money.
UC Health Center for Reproductive Health
West Chester

She [Dr. Dipaola] always was really happy to see us and personally called...She has outstanding bedside manner. Explains procedures in a way we both understand. She seemed to be very caring and sympathetic. She was there for all our scans but one. We like her so much we got her a stuffed "animal like" uterus and ovaries. We would definitely recommend her to friends.
Ask as many questions you need to understand what is going to happen.
She always was really happy to see us and personally called.
I can't remember the specific protocols my wife and I went through.
Staffing seemed helpful however at times seemed timid.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I like that the clinic kept to there schedule. I didn't have to wait long at all. The clinic was very clean. Billing was there weakness. Sometimes they had trouble explaining the charges or know what the exact bill would be even when I wasn't using insurance.
Aproximatly 6k
They let us decide how many to transfer. The 3rd embryo did not make it.