Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolUMDNJ
ResidencyThomas Jefferson
FellowshipU. of Cincinnati
4510 Main Street
Snyder, NY 14226
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Krystene DiPaola to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates to a friend?
Dr. Dipoala is very genuine and compassionate. She is very easily understood and explained everything to great detail. The only negative experience I had was when I was told I was moving onto injectible medications if the current cycle didn't work. The cycle had failed and I called the office to have my scripts sent for my meds and Dr. Dipoala had changed her mind and said I was at too high of a risk for multiples. We were devastated and decided to switch from letrazole to Clomid for that round. The cycle had failed.
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
Make sure that you voice what you want to do, instead of going with the flow.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates?
I felt that because we are young, she did not give the same quality of care that she would to a couple that is older than us. Some of the procedures and tests that I was informed were necessary were never scheduled, because I was told I didn't need them. (ie. CD3 ultrasounds to check for cysts)
Describe the protocols Krystene DiPaola used in your cycles at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates and their degree of success.
I think I had pretty standard IUI protocol. I would call the office on CD1, take oral medications CD3-7 / CD5-9, go in for CD 10 ultrasound and follicle check, repeated follicle check until the follicles were mature, did a trigger shot and IUI was 36 hours after trigger.
The nursing staff at BIVF is absolutely terrific. They are very compassionate, caring and organized. They make sure you're questions are answered.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
The clinic over all is terrific! The staff is pleasant and friendly. Appointments usually do run behind, but that's not a terrible weakness. I don't see any overall weaknesses. The strengths include an amazing support group, friendly and informative nurses, the doctors get back to you in a fashionable manor if you call the emergency line, and the location is close to home.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Krystene DiPaola at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
With my insurance paying a good portion of cost, we paid about $400 for each IUI cycle.
Snyder
she [Dr. DiPaola] is very knowledgeable...made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately...worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful...start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI
Dr. DiPaola worked within the means of my insurance coverage when providing treatment. However, she did make it seem as though a gonal- f treatment would more than likely work but we were unsuccessful
Go in prepared with questions you have because she is very knowledgeable
Dr. DiPaola made me feel very comfortable right away. She listened to me and addressed all of my concerns compassionately.
Clomid- start off slow because we are diagnosed with unexplained infertility Clomid plus IUI - 3 rounds of IUI with clomid. After 4 trials the chances of getting pregnant drop significantly Gonal-F plus IUI - wanted to work within the means of my insurance because IVF is not covered. I was on a very low dose, however I produced too many follicles and needed to skip the IUI Femara plus Gonal- F and IUI - last step before moving onto IVF
The nursing staff is very compassionate and patient. They truly go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and answer questions to the best of their ability. Some of the nurses are new to the staff and not as experienced which can cause some delays with ultrasounds and IUI’s
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
There is a doctor on call 24 hours a day and they clinic is open 7 days a week including holidays. Everyone immediately makes you feel welcome. Blood work is also offered there so you don’t have to go to an outside facility but you can if it is more convenient. As with any doctors office they do run behind, so if your appointment is not early be prepared to wait. At times you can hear the office staff complaining about nurses and doctors which is unprofessional
My insurance covered all costs prior to IVF. With IVF it will cost $4500 for the procedure, approximately $1500 for ultrasounds and blood work and possibly another $1500 for medication. Typically medication costs about $4500 however I have some stored away as per the advice of Dr. DiPaola
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We chose to transfer two embryos each time [with Dr. DiPaola] in hopes of best results. I had lots of embryos from each cycle but only a couple made it to day 5 each time, which also helped to influence the decision to transfer 2...She greeted me with a smile at each visit, gave encouragement, honest opinions, gave details and never rushed me...She was patient, compassionate, elaborated everything into common terms. She made me feel optimistic and was encouraging. She was perfect. She adjusted meds and dosages based upon my needs. She is the reason I have children.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Trust her knowledge and know she truly cares about her patients.
For the failed cycle, i was placed on birth control for one month. I used Gonal f, cetrotide, micro hcg, a trigger shot, followed by progesterone suppositories. On the cycle which was successful, I used Lupron for a few weeks, followed by gonal f, Lupron, micro hcg, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories, and estradiol tablets. It was believed that my estrogen levels dropped too quickly after the transfer of my first ivf. She said she gave me the meds she did because I was unexplained infertility. I responded well to each cycle but had no embryos to freeze.
They were efficient, professional, compassionate, and very knowledgeable about fertility.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I have no negatives to describe. The positives were they are quick with blood draws in the morning, great with communication about mes dosages, very compassionate and professional. The office is located right off of the highway and easy to access.
Two attempts of ivf was 6,000. Meds and bloodwork and ultrasounds were out of pocket. The amount included icsi, sedation, retrieval, transfer, etc. A payment plan was available after a down payment of about half.
Describe Krystene DiPaola's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
We chose to transfer two embryos each time in hopes of best results. I had lots of embryos from each cycle but only a couple made it to day 5 each time, which also helped to influence the decision to transfer 2. The first cycle failed but seconf cycle resulted in twins.
Snyder
She [Dr. DiPaola] is very friendly and compassionate. Although I saw all of the doctors at the clinic for various procedures, she made me feel like I was her only patient at my visits with her. She knew my medical history and took time to address my questions and concerns (even though I had many!)...Took the time to answer all of our questions, never felt rushed, personally called with results throughout the process and discuss my concerns
She is very friendly and compassionate. Although I saw all of the doctors at the clinic for various procedures, she made me feel like I was her only patient at my visits with her. She knew my medical history and took time to address my questions and concerns (even though I had many!)
Ask any questions you have, none are too small or insignificant
We did IVF with PGD since I am a balanced translocation carrier. I had a good AMH, we did an antagonist protocol with gonal-f, lo dose HCG, and cetrotide with ovidrel trigger. Stimmed for 9 days, retrieved 44 eggs, 37 mature, 32 fertilized.
They called me quickly with test results and were easy to reach with questions. Always friendly.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
Good communication, always available to answer questions or discuss concerns. In my case my protocol used birth control pills to regulate my cycles/ down regulate, so time between cycles felt long, but necessary due to irregular cycles.
$4500 IVF cycle fee ($4000 for second cycle), $1500 biopsy fee for genetic testing, $1225 transfer fee for FET. Most monitoring (bloodwork, ultrasounds) covered by insurance. Meds about $3000 for 2 cycles (They were able to provide us with about $2000 worth of meds)
We are doing PGD/PGS and are young, so she recommended single embryo transfer.
Snyder
She [Dr. Krystene DiPaola] is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
She is very kind and makes you feel like you are the only one she is speaking with at the moment. She is very hands one, but during quick appointments, she trying to move you out quickly. She shows compassion in hard times, and joy when things are going well. She is overall a really good doctor and thinks outside the box if needed.
Make sure to have all of your questions ready, and ask her to repeat if you need.
She is very good with patients, she listens and answers your questions. She is a very thoughtful person, and answers very politically correct, but in a good way.
She used 2 different protocols on me. One with just gonal f and cetrotide and the other long lupron and low dose hcg. Overall, we did not yield as many embryos as we both had hoped for.
They are good, they hold a support group and help answer all the questions you have. Only one time did I feel like a burden, but just asked to speak to another nurse.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I would say the strengths are their approach, they have a good clinical approach. I wish there was more in-depth talk about male factor and that the embryology team would speak with you, at least once. IT would be helpful to know what is going on with your embryos. Doctors are great, but embryology could be better.
They have a 3 tier package. 1st IVF = $4,000 2nd IVF = $3,500 3rd + IVF = $3,000 It is a great price, as all IVF is expensive.
She was all for transferring 2 at a time.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
She made us feel like she's really trying to help us get pregnant, very positive but honest and realistic...I appreciate her bedside manner. She is always honest and seemed to be concerned/disappointed when things didn't work out. She listened to our questions and never made us feel like we were a burden.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
Ask questions and express your concerns. She will listen and not make you feel like an idiot
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Krystene DiPaola at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
The nursing staff that does weight and blood pressure are fantastic. Overall the ivf nurses have also been great, but considering the high range of emotions involved with the process sometimes I felt like I was bothering a specific nurse on the rare occasion that I called with questions. Overall they didn't do anything terrible. I don't personally have a need for overly bubbly happy interactions but I did feel as though a happier attitude could have gone a long way.
Describe your experience with UC Health Center for Reproductive Health.
Flexible, willing to make times work as much as they can. I have met with all of the doctors throughout our time and love them all.
What specific things went wrong at UC Health Center for Reproductive Health?
UC Health Center for Reproductive Health
West Chester
She [Dr. Dipaola] always was really happy to see us and personally called...She has outstanding bedside manner. Explains procedures in a way we both understand. She seemed to be very caring and sympathetic. She was there for all our scans but one. We like her so much we got her a stuffed "animal like" uterus and ovaries. We would definitely recommend her to friends.
Ask as many questions you need to understand what is going to happen.
She always was really happy to see us and personally called.
I can't remember the specific protocols my wife and I went through.
Staffing seemed helpful however at times seemed timid.
Describe your experience with Buffalo Infertility and IVF Associates.
I like that the clinic kept to there schedule. I didn't have to wait long at all. The clinic was very clean. Billing was there weakness. Sometimes they had trouble explaining the charges or know what the exact bill would be even when I wasn't using insurance.
Aproximatly 6k
They let us decide how many to transfer. The 3rd embryo did not make it.