Medical SchoolPenn St
ResidencyMadigan Army Med Ctr
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
2817 Reilly Rd
Fort Bragg, NC 28307
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kyle Tobler to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Womack Army Medical Center to a friend?
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Everything was very much like herding cattle because they were seeing a good sized group all at once. So no real personal contact. Very rushed. Until I got ohss then I was treated as I would hope to be and had already been.... he [Dr. Tobler] is a good doctor, but you will not have much personal one on one time, as we all felt like cattle being herded. It’s very rushed. Hard to understand what’s happening and the whole process since everything is done in a large group all at once.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
Everything was very much like herding cattle because they were seeing a good sized group all at once. So no real personal contact. Very rushed. Until I got ohss then I was treated as I would hope to be and had already been. And once we lost Charlie-Jo at 36 weeks he was compassionate and willing to work us in for future cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
That he is a good doctor, but you will not have much personal one on one time, as we all felt like cattle being herded. It’s very rushed. Hard to understand what’s happening and the whole process since everything is done in a large group all at once. You must give your own trigger shot. But If a serious health issue arises he will give you personal attention.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
Ivf being done at army facility, they only do I believe 4 a year, they put everyone in a group and do everyone at once bussing in and out like cattle. Very chaotic. Not much one on one time, until I developed severe ohss by day 5, day of my transfer. We had to change to a freeze all, and I had 2 embryos to freeze and 2 morulas, which they tell us are riskier to use, best to do another full cycle and make more embryos because we are both so traumatized from losing Charlie-Jo Gracelynn at 36 weeks, we agree we want more many more embryos to feel secure we may have a chance. After I developed severe ohss, I got more one on one personal time. After we lost Charlie they have tried to work with us on getting in a cycle in March/April for egg retrieval, but must wait until August for a transfer because they don’t do cycles all year.
Describe the protocols Kyle Tobler used in your cycles at Womack Army Medical Center and their degree of success.
I honestly don’t remember most of the shots. Menopure & gonal and something else, I had 3 different ones and one of them I had an allergic reaction to and had to take Benadryl to help curb the side affects. Then there was the trigger shot. I took 2 different suppositories before transfer and and continued one of them 3 times a day. I also wore a hormone patch 3 days and then replace. I have a calendar somewhere with the protocol I can find and send later. Oh! And baby aspirin. And a Valium the morning of transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dori )
Dealing with nurse Dori was amazing. She always took the extra time to explain things and even stayed on the phone with me to help me get through giving myself a trigger shot before I flew back the next day to do transfer. I don’t like needles so she helped me best she could from afar. She always is very responsive via phone, text, or email. Absolutely perfect for her position couldn’t have anyone better.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
I believe this clinic does care about their patients, but being army, they must do it in groups and it’s chaotic. But our experience was overall good, and we got a “baby in our arms”, as said was their goal, but she wasn’t breathing. We made it to 36 weeks with Charlie-Jo before delivering our sleeping beauty. The clinic doctor and nurse have been very compassionate concerning our loss.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Womack Army Medical Center.
It was a cattle call with patients staggered and constantly full waiting room and hectic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center.
Being as I was seeing a doctor at a military treatment facility, that portion was covered, the lab used is civilian owned and contracted with the government/army etc. Our cost was $9,800 and $2,500 for thawing 2 embryos/morulas at a time. We pay a sperm storage fee of 30$ a month I believe, and 50$ a month for our 2 morulas. Of course airfare, and hotel stay until the Fischer house had an opening and I was able to stay there and be close within walking distance of hospital.
Describe Kyle Tobler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Womack Army Medical Center.
I was on board widh transferring 2 embryos as reccomendes. It resulted in one 36 week stillborn beautiful daughter. We would agree to transfer 2 embryos again.
Fort Bragg
Dr. Tobler took his time to explain my diagnosis and the bet course of action to take.... I am honestly impressed with the infertility clinic at womack. I am more than a number. They have diagnosed me with things that other doctors have told me were just inexplicable.... My last cycle was 5 mg of femara and 75 iu of gonal-f. I still do not know the results of the IUI, but I am hopeful, we will be doing 2 more IUI's before moving into IVF.
Latino, Black or African-American
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
I am honestly impressed with the infertility clinic at womack. I am more than a number. They have diagnosed me with things that other doctors have told me were just inexplicable. Dr. Tobler took his time to explain my diagnosis and the bet course of action to take.
Ask any questions you want.
Even though there are many patients that are seen at Womack, it never failed that no matter how much time I needed to get all of my questions answered, they did just that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie is by far the best nurse in the infertility clinic, she takes the time to call me back in a timely manner, she even calls when she knows that I am on my breaks from work or after I am off from work. When I have, what my husband calls "silly concerns" she answers them anyway. I am very grateful for her and all of the dedication she puts into my care.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Be patient with call back times. Be understanding of their course of action, and ask questions when you have them. Be okay that it might take longer than you had expected it to take and that sometimes the answer isn't always what you're looking for.
$220 per IUI. all medication was free and/or covered.
Fort Bragg
He [Dr. Tobler] seemed distract and not concerned with my situation. He was super short and didn’t fully answer questions. He was nice overall. He does do well with interacting with patients. My main concern is their ability to treat IUI patients with the same care and concern as their IVF patients.... I was on 75 of gonalF and then the pregnyl trigger shot. I started gonalF on day 3 of my cycle and did IUI day 8.... The nurses so much more concern and care than the doctors.
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
He seemed distract and not concerned with my situation. He was super short and didn’t fully answer questions. He was nice overall. He does do well with interacting with patients. My main concern is their ability to treat IUI patients with the same care and concern as their IVF patients.
Make sure that you advocate for your own healthcare and stay on top of them.
They were in the middle of an IVF cycle and I felt like they did not care about IUI patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Jessica )
The nurses are more on top of things than the doctors in this clinic. The nurses so much more concern and care than the doctors.
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
Strength is that they are all very nice. Weakness is that they can get distracted and take too much on. Strength is that they will call you back in a timely manner. Weakness is that if you are an IUI patient during and IVF cycle you will be put on the back burner. Sometimes within the clinic you can feel like just a number to the doctors, but I truly believe the nurses care.
Due to this clinic being military and only serving military families and IUI will cost $260.
Fort Bragg
His [Dr. Kyle Tobler's] strength is he had a warm bedside manner. Very friendly, looked you in the eyes. Weakness compassion he was very energetic so it may have come across wrong. I had surgery and he wasn't very clear to details or statistics. I felt like it was the first time he was doing one.... The clinic [Womack Army Medical Center-Fort Bragg] was very Detailed. They have a grant for medication so I did not have to pay for that which saved some money. Nurses were always a phone call away and would answer any questions. No weaknesses
How was your experience with Kyle Tobler at Womack Army Medical Center?
His strength is he had a warm bedside manner. Very friendly, looked you in the eyes. Weakness compassion he was very energetic so it may have come across wrong. I had surgery and he wasn't very clear to details or statistics. I felt like it was the first time he was doing one.
Ask questions
Warm bedside manner
Describe your experience with your nurse at Womack Army Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dorian Eldridge)
Very detailed, compassion
Describe your experience with Womack Army Medical Center.
The clinic was very Detailed. They have a grant for medication so I did not have to pay for that which saved some money. Nurses were always a phone call away and would answer any questions. No weaknesses