6.3

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

1 patient review filtered by:

She [Dr. Lipkin] gives you the minimum (information wise)...When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
had 2 nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed...never got to retrieval since I ovulated...Strength - very organized, efficient, great billing department, great front desk staff, great hours/opened weekends, Weakness - nurses bedside manners are lacking. Advice - do your research on the doctors & maybe have a consultation with a few to figure out best match for you. I stayed too long with Dr Lipkin. I've understood more & been taken care of more by Dr Olcha than I did with Lipkin.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
I was at New Hope for 2 months before switching doctors (from Lipkin to Dr Olcha…did a review for him too). I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. It was our 1st meeting & not even 5 minutes in she said “You know….you don’t have to take so many notes…we are the experts, you need to trust”. I explained that I do that anywhere for future reference in case I forget. When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On our 2nd meeting (which I scheduled since after 2 months I hadn’t seen her yet since our original consultation), I had a list of questions. I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. One of my questions was “why where we doing “mini ivf vs. regular ivf?”. Her response was “because we cant create something out of nothing”…after this I froze, felt shocked & realized no point in asking more questions. I felt like crying. I realized then that she did not care for me. She did not believe she could get me pregnant. I was just one more…one more body. I asked what was my ovarian reserve & she said it should be 4-5 follicles per ovary so yours is low even for your age”. I asked my new doctor the same question a month later & he said it was consistent with my age (2-3 total). Our 2nd meeting was also when I found out by a nurse I was pregnant but when talking to Dr Lipkin 5 mins later as she explained “well you are ..except you are not”…she had no compassion when telling me, just told me I had a chemical pregnancy and happens to a lot of women. I left the clinic and had to google what a chemical pregnancy was since still wasn’t very clear. I had a trigger shot & came next day to confirm retrieval. It turned out I had ovulated so missed the chance. The doctor that came in to explain is the one who became my new doctor (Dr Olcha – did review for him here too). She never called me or emailed me. After 2-3 weeks post that event & not hearing from her plus all reasons above, I decided to switch to Dr Olcha & Im soooooo glad I did. The experience has been night & day. Anytime I talked to friends who had gone thru this process they would ask me questions & I could not answer. I had lists of questions for my doctor yet felt like I was just one more, going for blood work & sonogram but no real doctor connection, a doc looking out for me & really watching/customizing my case. The clinic is super efficient but her bedside manners are not the best. A friend of mine who had her wife pregnant there said the same thing…bedside manners are lacking. Dr Lipkin – THUMBS DOWN big time. Big disappointment, big waste of time. Dr Olcha (separate review) – THE BEST! So happy I made the switch. They are night & day & he is pure LIGHT
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She has no bedside manners, not compassionate. if you care to have someone who has your best interests, actually cares, is compassionate - I would NOT go with her. Advice - schedule consultations once a month or whenever you need them since she wont....she relies on nurses to send email with recommendations but not much personal touch/interaction from her side.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Like a # with her. I had a consultation with her and she seemed cold, robotic, very factual which is fine, answering questions with a smirk (ego type of laugh)…I felt like I was just one more for her. She is not tactful, her answers are short & she wont tell you anything unless you ask. She gives you the minimum (information wise). I When asking about retrieval & if she would do all my procedures she laughed and said “no there is a group of doctors here & depends who is assigned for it that day. But don’t worry (insert laugh)…’it’s a very easy procedure – anyone can do it really” (thought it was very unprofessional & didn’t like fact she thought this was a joke. For someone who’s never done this, it’s a pretty big deal specially the 1st time. She did not give me that comfort security feeling at all. On my consultations with her - I felt rushed & was trying to get as much in since I could feel her being annoyed. It was very clear to me every time I was just a body to her...didnt get the feeling a)she was doing her best for me or b)even believed I could get pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
Nursing staff doesnt have the best bedside manners. Emails are detailed and easy to follow (its a clinic thing not linked to the doctors per se) but did notice Dr Olcha has a separate nurse support group (smaller group so more hands on vs all the nurses for the full clinic)
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
trigger shot $100 never got to retrieval since I ovulated. before my next cycle/retrieval I switched to Dr Olcha thank God!
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
had 2 nurses emailed me 2 different conflicting instructions. Luckily I stayed at clinic until I was told my next steps (didnt know yet at this point they always email you & you dont have to wait there for it). I asked for clarification & nurse called me & confirmed
Lana Lipkin