6.3

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2020, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Lana Lipkin] is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail...I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries.
The clinic [New Hope Fertility Center] is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is LGBTQ friendly and culturally competent. She is patient and a good listener. She considers my desires and opinions when creating her management plan. She clearly communicates her plan and strategy and is happy to answer all of my questions in detail.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to tell her what is important to you because she will listen and take your priorities into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
She is a fantastic listener, always willing to explain all the reasons behind her strategy and to answer all my questions.
Describe the protocols Lana Lipkin used in your cycles at New Hope Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I have only completed 2 cycles with Dr. Lipkin. The first cycle she used Letrizole to gently stimulate my ovaries. I produced 4 follicles. After and ovidril trigger, all four were retrieved. Only two were immediately mature enough to have ICSI. The remaining 2 were cultured until they were mature enough and also had ICSI. Only one made it to blastocyst (rated: 312). That single blastocyst was transferred and did not end in pregnancy. The second cycle was again with Letrizole stimulation. I only produced 2 follicles and began to have an LH surge on my own. She monitored my LH (but did not trigger me). They were able to retrieve both eggs and only one reached blastocyst (rated: 411). This blastocyst we decided to freeze due to the stress of Covid-19 (I am an essential worker) and in order give my ovaries a break before attempting to stimulate them again in 1mo in hopes of getting another blastocyst for transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The entire staff at New Hope is kind, welcoming, and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
The clinic is well run, clean, organized, and good at communicating. The waiting room is inviting and has snacks and beverages and monitors that indicate when and where a patient is being called for blood/sono/financial/etc. I have found the staff to be 100% kind and compassionate and helpful.
Well oiled machine. They offer early hours which allowed me to monitor without missing any work. They move people through in a timely and respectful manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center.
Our insurance doesn't cover our fertility treatments but New Hope has significantly reduced prices for patients paying out of pocket. We have been pleasantly surprised by the cost and expected it to be almost twice the cost.
Describe Lana Lipkin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at New Hope Fertility Center.
Dr. Lipkin and I both decided that it would be best to only transfer one embryo at a time. I typically am unable to produce more than one egg that reaches blastocyst anyway.
What specific things went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New Hope Fertility Center.
There was a single email from a nurse with my trigger and retrieval time that had a typo in the hour in one portion of the email but was correct in another portion. I emailed back to clarify and got a prompt response with an apology for the error and the corrected/consistent trigger & retrieval time.
Lana Lipkin
New Hope Fertility Center

My first cycle and my current cycle have both been with a mini-IVF (low dose) protocol. This cycle, in response to issues from the last, Dr. Lipkin made several changes including lowering the dose of the injection and (planning to) leave a full 36 hours between trigger and retrieval instead of the 34 hours that was done last time...highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
The nurses [at New Hope Fertility Center] have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
How was your experience with Lana Lipkin at New Hope Fertility Center?
Dr. Lipkin is no nonsense. She’s not the most “touchy feely” but is compassionate nonetheless. I feel like I’m in very competent hands with her. She is patient and answers all my questions. She has also been good about not pushing us to do a retrieval during cycles that didn’t have many follicles. She doesn’t seem stuck on the clinic’s numbers but instead is focused on helping us get the outcome we want.
You need to advocate for yourself at New Hope in general. If you have questions or want to meet with Dr. Lipkin, ask. It was not offered as often as I would prefer but whenever I requested to meet, I was able to do so fairly quickly.
Dr. Lipkin is personable and takes the time to answer all my questions clearly and thoroughly each time I meet with her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New Hope Fertility Center.
The nurses have been great about walking me through the IVF process and helping answer everything from the “is this normal?” vein of questions to helping me schedule travel around upcoming IVF steps. While it can be difficult to get hold of nurses on the phone at times, they are great with email response and also in person. We have had several nurses really go above and beyond to help explain things and take time with us during this process
Describe your experience with New Hope Fertility Center.
New Hope has very experienced, smart doctors and their mini-IVF protocol, which I believe they pioneered there, is a great fit for our needs. It can sometimes feel like a bit of an infertility factory (ie impersonal, crowded waiting room, conveyor belt feeling when you go in for monitoring). That said, they are a well oiled machine and pretty much everyone there has been friendly with us, and occasionally gone above and beyond to bring the human touch to our experience. We are generally pleased so far with our experience there.
Generally, monitoring is smooth and runs like a well oiled machine. Occasionally, it will take a bit longer on busy mornings. I have noticed a range of thoroughness among the ultrasound technicians. Several times the people didn’t seem to look very carefully or thoroughly for follicles, but others are more methodical.
We are currently under insurance (2 cycles) so it has just been co-pays plus about $500 for mini IVF medications.
I have not made it to transfer yet, but New Hope in general and Dr. Lipkin specifically are highly supportive of a single embryo transfer as the default as far as I can tell.
Lana Lipkin