Medical SchoolKuban State
ResidencyMayo Clinic
FellowshipDuke
810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Georgia Regents to a friend?
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
I felt that Dr. Jordan could be pushy at some point when it comes to treatment. Our biggest issue would be that I had to travel over 2 hours for each appointment. This means a lot of time off work. When discussing the ivf process, we thought we could monitor in our home town but due to PCOS that was quickly shut down. I was upset with the fact that she wouldn’t allow me to monitor in my home town but as we went through the ivf monitoring I was very thankful that we travelled to Augusta for Dr Jordan to complete our monitoring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan can come off very short but she knows what she is talking about. You have to trust the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Jordan was very caring when it comes to the fact that we had been trying for over 3 years to have a child.
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Georgia Regents and their degree of success.
Dr. Jordan had us complete 3 months of letrozole and time sexual inter course. When this didn’t work we moved on to IVF. We skipped iui because our issues weren’t producing eggs or sperm. The issues was the egg and spent coming together. Once we decided on ivf we set up a consultation appointment and everything move along quickly from there. My ivf monitoring only took around 10 days as my eggs progressed very well on the meds prescribed. We were able to retrieved 14 eggs all fertilized but only 6 made it to 5 day blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
Stacy was the ivf coordinator for the clinic. She always returned emails and phone calls efficiently and answered all my questions.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
I don’t like that the equipment is on the outdated side. The TVs in the monitoring rooms were not used so it was hard to see exactly what was going on with the scans. I do like the fact that the clinic is in it owns building and there isn’t a lot of traffic in and out.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents.
Dr. Jordan office was $3900. This covered everything in the cycle. The lab was $4500. Meds were close to $6000
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Georgia Regents.
We chose to only transfer one embryo at a time. This is due to age and the fact that at this time we have no other issues.
Augusta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents.

Anovulation, Male Factor
She is blunt and will tell you what you need to hear. ... Dr. Jordan objectively evaluates us as a couple. She treats our infertility as a puzzle and adjusts her plans as needed. She has taken the time to explain every aspect from timing, biology, and procedures to us. ... Dr. Jordan adjusts to the situation and there were a few times I thought we would be doing something and then we weren't.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan adjusts to the situation and there were a few times I thought we would be doing something and then we weren't. This last visit I thought I was getting an ovulation trigger shot for example and she decided I was late enough in my cycle that we would wait for my period and do another round of Clomid before trying IUI next month. It was more confusing than upsetting - but I would rather my doctor adjust to the situation than to stick to their guns stubbornly and not get the results.
She takes your infertility personally and will adjust to the situation to get you to where you want to be - pregnant. She is blunt and will tell you what you need to hear.
Dr. Jordan objectively evaluates us as a couple. She treats our infertility as a puzzle and adjusts her plans as needed. She has taken the time to explain every aspect from timing, biology, and procedures to us. She performed a SIS on me and explained everything as she was doing it and I felt very comfortable with her in a rather uncomfortable situation. She has been optimistic and has helped me to be more optimistic about our situation.
The first appointment was meeting the team, discussing family and personal histories, and getting blood work workups to get hormone levels and to test me for genetic screenings. The following appointment was a saline sonogram (SIS) and she was very clear about what she was doing and made sure my husband and I could see what she was explaining on the sonogram. The SIS was to see if my uterus was fibroid/polyp free, fallopian tubes were patent (open), ovaries - to check my egg reserves. At our 3rd appointment she went over our mild infertility issues. She discussed that there is likely a cervical mucus issue for me along with my anovulation and my husband's slight motility issues. She suggested that we do IUI to bypass the cervix and insert more sperm straight into the uterus to help more sperm be where they need to be. She explained the whole process and was very reassuring that we should get pregnant within 1 or 2 IUI procedures. Since I respond to Clomid I will take Clomid and I will come back for an ultrasound to check that I responded to the medication and that my egg/s are ready to descend on CD 10-12. Then about 2 days after that my husband and I will both come in to do the IUI.
Nursing staff are personable and have gone above and beyond to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic has been very professional, organized, and tailored to each couple in how to treat our infertility. The staff goes out of their way to make my husband included in all of our visits/my procedures. I feel confident that we will get pregnant soon. I feel very comfortable with everyone who has been involved in my care.
I have paid $275 for my SIS. My genetic preconception tests and hormone blood work was almost completely covered through my insurance - I owed $10 of a $1250 bill. Dr. Jordan works very hard to keep the clinic's costs reasonable compared to what I have seen some other clinics charge.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
...Dr Jordan [Georgia Regents] also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr Jordan is a very straight-forward person who immediately gives the impression that she is highly experienced, well trained, specially educated, and fully capable of handling your case. She presents all of the facts as they are and then tells you your chances, possible setbacks, and even explains the financial details. It's easy to see that fertility/infertility is her passion and that she cares more about success than money. Her bedside manner can come off as slightly flippant because she is so knowledgable, but she will listen when you advocate for yourself and gives you her full attention.
Be willing to let her have control because she knows what she is doing, but also be prepared to speak up for yourself when you have concerns.
Dr Jordan always referred to me by name and knew my case history without having to look it up each time. When there was a setback, she took extra time to assure me that she was very dedicated to getting me pregnant and genuinely cared for my wellbeing.
I am 31 and always suspected endometriosis but it was never confirmed. Dr Jordan also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue. My AMH was 3.4 so my protocol for IVF was micro-dose lupron antagonist. I did 20mcg lupron twice a day with 75mg menopur and 250mg Follistim each night for 10 days. I had 11 mature follicles at my last scan and 13 eggs were retrieved. All were fertilized using ICSI due to male factor infertility. 8 fertilized, 6 grew normally, transferred 1 (we were given the option of transferring 2 since my endo was so severe but we chose 1) and 5 embryos made it to freeze. My beta 8 days later was positive and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with one boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents.
I has many painful setbacks during my care and each time I saw a nurse, they seemed truly sympathetic and compassionate. They all cheered a great deal when my Tests were positive.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is small and operates on a university research budget, so office setting, decor, and atmosphere suffer. It is clean and efficient, but it isn't like the fancy clinics you'll see in commercials. However, the staff more than makes up for the appearance.
7,000$ plus medications
Augusta

She [Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] created two miracles despite a grim initial diagnosis!...personable doctor who pays close attention to each individual patient. Amazing bedside manner, always reassuring...Three IUI attempts. IFV with lupron protocol. ICSI after egg retrieval...It was very nerve wracking at 30 years old to find out I have extremely low ovarian reserve, along with a male infertility factor...She assured us she would get us pregnant and sure enough, 7 months later we became pregnant with twins via IVF!
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Absolutely amazing doctor! It was very nerve wracking at 30 years old to find out I have extremely low ovarian reserve, along with a male infertility factor. After two years of trying we lost all hope until we found Dr. Jordan. She assured us she would get us pregnant and sure enough, 7 months later we became pregnant with twins via IVF! I can’t say enough about how wonderful a doctor Dr Jordan is and how she has changed out lives. She created two miracles despite a grim initial diagnosis! I would happily recommend Dr. Jordan to anyone going through infertility. She is a miracle worker!
She is a great, personable doctor who pays close attention to each individual patient. Amazing bedside manner, always reassuring, an absolute miracle worker!
Very personable. Takes plenty of time and caters to each particular patient. Care is wonderful! Dr. Jordan made me feel like I was her only patient and she seemed to truly care and want the best outcome.
Three IUI attempts. IFV with lupron protocol. ICSI after egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Swetman)
Very friendly and knowledgeable. Was there to answer our questions a long the way. Kept us updated vie phone or in person.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
Very clean, comfortable clinic. Great doctors and staff! Easy to get an appointment. Very personable and everyone knows who you are. Comfortable environment. This is a clinic that gets results! Would recommend to anyone!
Transferred two embryo's due to one embryo being four cell and the other 8 cell. Four cell embryo's chances of making it to blastocyst stage were not high and would not be able to freeze.
Augusta

Dr. Jordan is very knowledgeable. She pays close attention to results and looks for the underlying issue. I had been seeing my OB for 2.5 years before visiting Dr. Jordan and not once was anything said about my TSH level. Dr. Jordan put me on thyroid medicine immediately. She also noticed that my husbands blood results were off and was the one to determine he had an issue with his pituitary gland. She was laid back, honest, and always patient with us.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Ask all the questions you need to ask and trust her answers. She knows what she is doing.
Stacy, the ivf coordinator, always made me feel like a human. She was busy but never seemed bothered by my questions. She knew my name and seemed to always remember my case.
I was on the microdose flare protocol. They chose this protocol based on my blood work. This protocol was very successful for me. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs, 16 of which were mature. I did not get OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Swetman)
Stacy was amazing! She knew my case, responded to all of my concerns, and just had a good personality.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.
Doctors Fee - $2900* Lab Fee - $3650 Anesthesia Fee - $375 Embryo Cryopreservation <=8 - $475 First year of storage - $435 Injection Training - $25 *I received a discount on my doctor fee due to the clinic being 4 hours away from my home.
My doctor did recommend transferring only one embryo. She made this recommendation based on the quality of the embryo.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally...She is very straightforward and very blunt but she gets amazing results. She also is very organized and makes sure to take the time to explain everything to you. She also will make sure that your physical health and mental health are optimized before she proceeds with treatment. She doesn’t want to treat and charge money if she doesn’t think she will be successful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Don’t let her scare you. Her bluntness is because she cares.
She always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Cindy )
They were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
Only weakness is people get scared away because they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
Selective embryo transfer
Augusta
[Dr. Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan] is amazing. She’s extremely knowledgeable...I wouldn’t want another doctor...In your first appointment, eat before you go. You will be there for hours...Dr. Jordan made my treatment tailored to my needs, because of my PCOS she gave a specific concoction of drugs to give me the results...She has an accent , Sometimes it’s hard to understand her , but for the most part it’s not that bad... Also, write down any questions you may have before your appointment so you won’t forget.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan is amazing. She’s extremely knowledgeable. She has an accent , Sometimes it’s hard to understand her , but for the most part it’s not that bad. Her prices are the best in the state. I wouldn’t want another doctor.
In your first appointment, eat before you go. You will be there for hours. Also, write down any questions you may have before your appointment so you won’t forget.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacy swetman )
Stacy is really quick to respond or get your prescriptions in. However, when I lost my baby at 9 weeks I never heard an “ I’m sorry for your loss” it was an absolute nightmare trying to coordinate my d&c through Stacy and my RE.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
They are awesome about keeping good records. I’ve never had anything lost by them. However, they NEVER answer the phone. Trying to get in touch with anyone is a nightmare. It takes a full 3-5 business days to get a call back. The nurse coordinator communicates through e-email.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Georgia Regents.
Dr. Jordan’s office allowed me to do my monitoring closer to him. Their office was 2 hours away. They coordinated with my reproductive endocrinologist. I was able to stay close to home for monitoring.
For medication, retrieval, and transfer I paid under 20k.
What specific things went wrong at Georgia Regents?