Medical SchoolKuban State
ResidencyMayo Clinic
FellowshipDuke
810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Georgia Regents to a friend?
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
...Dr Jordan [Georgia Regents] also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr Jordan is a very straight-forward person who immediately gives the impression that she is highly experienced, well trained, specially educated, and fully capable of handling your case. She presents all of the facts as they are and then tells you your chances, possible setbacks, and even explains the financial details. It's easy to see that fertility/infertility is her passion and that she cares more about success than money. Her bedside manner can come off as slightly flippant because she is so knowledgable, but she will listen when you advocate for yourself and gives you her full attention.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Be willing to let her have control because she knows what she is doing, but also be prepared to speak up for yourself when you have concerns.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr Jordan always referred to me by name and knew my case history without having to look it up each time. When there was a setback, she took extra time to assure me that she was very dedicated to getting me pregnant and genuinely cared for my wellbeing.
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Georgia Regents and their degree of success.
I am 31 and always suspected endometriosis but it was never confirmed. Dr Jordan also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue. My AMH was 3.4 so my protocol for IVF was micro-dose lupron antagonist. I did 20mcg lupron twice a day with 75mg menopur and 250mg Follistim each night for 10 days. I had 11 mature follicles at my last scan and 13 eggs were retrieved. All were fertilized using ICSI due to male factor infertility. 8 fertilized, 6 grew normally, transferred 1 (we were given the option of transferring 2 since my endo was so severe but we chose 1) and 5 embryos made it to freeze. My beta 8 days later was positive and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with one boy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents.
I has many painful setbacks during my care and each time I saw a nurse, they seemed truly sympathetic and compassionate. They all cheered a great deal when my Tests were positive.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is small and operates on a university research budget, so office setting, decor, and atmosphere suffer. It is clean and efficient, but it isn't like the fancy clinics you'll see in commercials. However, the staff more than makes up for the appearance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents.
7,000$ plus medications
Augusta
Dr. Jordan is very knowledgeable. She pays close attention to results and looks for the underlying issue. I had been seeing my OB for 2.5 years before visiting Dr. Jordan and not once was anything said about my TSH level. Dr. Jordan put me on thyroid medicine immediately. She also noticed that my husbands blood results were off and was the one to determine he had an issue with his pituitary gland. She was laid back, honest, and always patient with us.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Ask all the questions you need to ask and trust her answers. She knows what she is doing.
Stacy, the ivf coordinator, always made me feel like a human. She was busy but never seemed bothered by my questions. She knew my name and seemed to always remember my case.
I was on the microdose flare protocol. They chose this protocol based on my blood work. This protocol was very successful for me. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs, 16 of which were mature. I did not get OHSS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Swetman)
Stacy was amazing! She knew my case, responded to all of my concerns, and just had a good personality.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.
Doctors Fee - $2900* Lab Fee - $3650 Anesthesia Fee - $375 Embryo Cryopreservation <=8 - $475 First year of storage - $435 Injection Training - $25 *I received a discount on my doctor fee due to the clinic being 4 hours away from my home.
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Georgia Regents.
My doctor did recommend transferring only one embryo. She made this recommendation based on the quality of the embryo.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally...She is very straightforward and very blunt but she gets amazing results. She also is very organized and makes sure to take the time to explain everything to you. She also will make sure that your physical health and mental health are optimized before she proceeds with treatment. She doesn’t want to treat and charge money if she doesn’t think she will be successful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Don’t let her scare you. Her bluntness is because she cares.
She always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Cindy )
They were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
Only weakness is people get scared away because they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
Selective embryo transfer