Good

Duke

Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan works at

810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905

I felt like a patient, sometimes like a number [with Dr. Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan]. She had a lot going on. But I had other doctors in her practice that were very helpful. So mainly I felt like a human...She had decent bed side manner. Can be stoic at times, but you have to see past that. She was good at explaining things and giving us realistic advice. I seen her twice throughout the IVF process, the other was through telehealth. Overall good doctor, could be better at time management.
Strengths [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates]- everyone is nice and caring...Weakness- the equipment is a bit dated, sometimes hard to get a hold of the office, but they end up calling back. The front desk lady can do a better job at greeting guests and getting them checked in at a timely manner. Time management of the clinic could be a lot better
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
She is a good doctor
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
I felt like a patient, sometimes like a number. She had a lot going on. But I had other doctors in her practice that were very helpful. So mainly I felt like a human
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Lupron for 14 days, follistim, ovidrell trigger shot, progesterone shots and estrogen patches . I had to take cabergoline for a few days. If I can remember they wanted to reduce the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation. Which happened anyways. I had to drink a lot of protein and Gatorade
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy swetman)
Stacy was amazing to me. She was so compassionate and wasn’t bothering by my multiple questions. Also I had to do some financial help and her communication with the company and with me were great.
Describe your experience with Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Strengths- everyone is nice and caring Weakness- the equipment is a bit dated, sometimes hard to get a hold of the office, but they end up calling back. The front desk lady can do a better job at greeting guests and getting them checked in at a timely manner. Time management of the clinic could be a lot better
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
I went to Macon clinic. Appointment times were early but fine, even though it was an hour away from me. I was in and out quickly and Dee was good at informing me of my progress
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Dr Jordan transferred 2 embryos to give me a better chance of 1 sticking. 3day transfer, for the likely hood of the embryos surviving.
What specific things went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
One day they called late to inform me of what to do next. One time- lack of communication with the Macon clinic about me doing blood work
Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan
Augusta

I don’t like that the equipment is on the outdated side. The TVs in the monitoring rooms were not used so it was hard to see exactly what was going on with the scans. I do like the fact that the clinic [Georgia Regents] is in it owns building and there isn’t a lot of traffic in and out....Stacy was the ivf coordinator for the clinic. She always returned emails and phone calls efficiently and answered all my questions.
I felt that Dr. Jordan could be pushy at some point when it comes to treatment. Our biggest issue would be that I had to travel over 2 hours for each appointment. This means a lot of time off work. When discussing the ivf process, we thought we could monitor in our home town but due to PCOS that was quickly shut down. I was upset with the fact that she wouldn’t allow me to monitor in my home town but as we went through the ivf monitoring I was very thankful that we travelled to Augusta for Dr Jordan to complete our monitoring.
Dr. Jordan can come off very short but she knows what she is talking about. You have to trust the process.
Jordan was very caring when it comes to the fact that we had been trying for over 3 years to have a child.
Dr. Jordan had us complete 3 months of letrozole and time sexual inter course. When this didn’t work we moved on to IVF. We skipped iui because our issues weren’t producing eggs or sperm. The issues was the egg and spent coming together. Once we decided on ivf we set up a consultation appointment and everything move along quickly from there. My ivf monitoring only took around 10 days as my eggs progressed very well on the meds prescribed. We were able to retrieved 14 eggs all fertilized but only 6 made it to 5 day blastocyst.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
I don’t like that the equipment is on the outdated side. The TVs in the monitoring rooms were not used so it was hard to see exactly what was going on with the scans. I do like the fact that the clinic is in it owns building and there isn’t a lot of traffic in and out.
Dr. Jordan office was $3900. This covered everything in the cycle. The lab was $4500. Meds were close to $6000
We chose to only transfer one embryo at a time. This is due to age and the fact that at this time we have no other issues.
Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan