Good

Duke

Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan works at

810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905

Dr. Jordan and her team [Augusta U RMIA] worked efficiently to research my condition and bring together a multidisciplinary team of doctors (maternal-fetal medicine specialist and hematologist) who could determine if and how I could undergo IVF, pregnancy and the postpartum period. ... She came back to me within days with a plan for managing my risk for clotting that she said she felt very confident about and that kept us on track for our scheduled cycle (with little tweaks):
Before establishing care, I had trouble reaching the front desk [at Augusta U Repro Med & Infert Assoc] to make an appointment and didn’t receive a call back. And while I was undergoing IUI, I called to inform the clinic that my period arrived, as instructed, but was unable to leave a voice message because the mailbox was full. ... The care is always very warm and friendly. My IVF coordinator, a nurse, is prompt with correspondence. She does a great job keeping everything straight. ... I know that the clinic serves a large volume of patients.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jordan takes the time to explain treatment options, which is critical, especially in the field of reproductive medicine. I appreciate this quality, because not only do I have important decisions to make about my care and my future, but I’m also paying out of pocket for treatment. Also, while experiencing infertility and undergoing treatment, I always felt comforted by Dr. Jordan's light-heartedness and confidence. Even before we achieved our goal of a pregnancy, I had all of the trust and faith in the world in Dr. Jordan and her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
As Dr. Jordan is talking with you, take notes — not just notes on what she says but also notes on questions that come up in your mind while she is talking. There’s a lot of information to absorb throughout the process, but she and her staff are always there to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jordan supported me through the ups and downs of infertility treatment. She did so through the individualized care she provided that addressed my unique needs and also through her genuine care and concern. I experienced a complication before my IVF cycle, which we thought would cancel or delay the cycle. Her care and concern, displayed through her phone calls to me during my ER visit and the days following, was also very telling of her human-focused approach to care. And when the tide turned in my husband's and my favor and we experienced a successful IVF cycle and frozen embryo transfer, she showed such genuine happiness for us.
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
A few years ago, well before my husband and I decided to start trying to conceive, I was diagnosed with a rare genetic blood clotting disorder called protein S deficiency. It didn’t require ongoing management — just no use of most birth control pills, and I’d have to use Lovenox, a pregnancy-safe blood thinner, during the first trimester of pregnancy. Considering my protein S deficiency and our goals, Dr. Jordan recommended taking a conservative approach — meaning stimulate my ovaries to produce a small handful of follicles and, therefore, quality eggs — to manage my clotting risk. Before my IVF cycle, Dr. Jordan put me on a special birth control pill for my condition, but I developed a DVT, which we initially thought would delay or cancel the cycle. Dr. Jordan and her team worked efficiently to research my condition and bring together a multidisciplinary team of doctors (maternal-fetal medicine specialist and hematologist) who could determine if and how I could undergo IVF, pregnancy and the postpartum period. She came back to me within days with a plan for managing my risk for clotting that she said she felt very confident about and that kept us on track for our scheduled cycle (with little tweaks): First, we wouldn’t use birth control pills to maximize how my ovaries respond to the medications, which wasn’t a concern because of my age and egg quality. Not using birth control pills meant timing the IVF cycle off of my natural cycle. Second, we would skip the dose of blood thinner I would've taken right before the egg retrieval, and Dr. Jordan would use as few pokes as possible to grab the eggs. Third, we would do a frozen cycle versus a fresh cycle to give my body time to recover from any potential OHSS between the egg retrieval and transfer. Dr. Jordan's treatment strategy was successful: We started with 10 follicles, which dropped to nine by the second ultrasound and remained at nine through the last ultrasound before the retrieval. Dr. Jordan retrieved seven eggs, six of which fertilized using ICSI. All six made it to day 5 blastocyst. Dr. Jordan didn't recommend PGS testing, so we did not test the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Swetman)
Describe your experience with Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Before establishing care, I had trouble reaching the front desk to make an appointment and didn’t receive a call back. And while I was undergoing IUI, I called to inform the clinic that my period arrived, as instructed, but was unable to leave a voice message because the mailbox was full. I know that the clinic serves a large volume of patients. Having direct contact with Dr. Jordan mitigated both of these issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
IUI cost around $1,000 per cycle — including ultrasound, trigger shot, sperm collection and washing and the insemination. One IVF cycle will cost around $15,000 — including medications, clinic fees and lab fees.
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
We transferred one embryo, which according to American Society for Reproductive Medicine guidelines, is appropriate for my age (younger than 35).
Augusta

[Dr. Gavrilova's recommendations were] blunt and concise but ultimately helped me to a positive pregnancy test for the first time in my life...was very knowledgeable about fertility. I appreciated the fact that she personalized my treatment plan every step of the way. After seeing 2 other fertility specialist Dr. Jordan was very candid with me about what I could personally be doing to improve my chances of a healthy pregnancy.
The nurse Stacy [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] knew my name when I called her. She almost always answered my calls directly to her with my many questions...17 eggs were retrieve at my egg retrieval...[staff was] Extremely knowledgeable, responsive, & compassionate...Due to my age, 39, we decided to transfer 2- 5 day embryos...We were able to coordinate Ultrasounds, & last tests with the fertility clinic in my hometown which made the every other day testing very easy. I would encourage any patient at least to have a consultation with Dr. Jordan. You will not regret it.
Dr. Jordan was very knowledgeable about fertility. I appreciated the fact that she personalized my treatment plan every step of the way. After seeing 2 other fertility specialist Dr. Jordan was very candid with me about what I could personally be doing to improve my chances of a healthy pregnancy. She recommends were blunt and concise but ultimately helped me to a positive pregnancy test for the first time in my life. Even though I only have one embryo left and positive test ended in a chemical pregnancy I still feel like their is hope for my husband and I to have a beautiful baby in our image one day.
When seeing Dr. Jordan please be sure to share both your emotional & physical emotions with her. I personally feel like in doing so she can honestly treat you & emotionally as well. Fertility treatments have a lot of ups & downs. Trust me you will need the support in every way you can get it.
The nurse Stacy knew my name when I called her. She almost always answered my calls directly to her with my many questions.
My egg retrieval cycle began with both me & my spouse taking 100mg tabs of doxycycline twice daily for the first 7 days for the cycle. On Day 1 to 13, I administered AM & PM Lupron Microdose injections 20 units. On cycle day 3 to 5, I added Follistim 250 IU & Menopur 75IU. As a result, 17 eggs were retrieve at my egg retrieval.
Extremely knowledgeable, responsive, & compassionate. She has the most appropriate personality to manage the rollercoaster of emotions throughout fertility treatments.
The drive to Augusta was a over a 2 hour drive for my husband & I but it was worth every minute. We were able to coordinate Ultrasounds, & last tests with the fertility clinic in my hometown which made the every other day testing very easy. I would encourage any patient at least to have a consultation with Dr. Jordan. You will not regret it.
My professional fees for Dr. Jordan were $3000, Lab costs $4500, Medications $6000.
Due to my age, 39, we decided to transfer 2- 5 day embryos.
Augusta

Dr. Jordan prefers single embryo transfers because the risk of multiples having health problems/death is not worth it...Felt like a human because she is extremely friendly. She gives you her full attention and doesn’t leave any details out. Makes you feel warm and welcome each time she’s in the room...is extremely busy but she makes you feel like she can sit and talk to you all day. She is excellent at telling you what to expect and what each procedure entails. She could do a better job with the details of what comes next in the process. I am a nurse so I feel like I ask appropriate questions as to what to expect. That information isn’t always readily given to you.
Ultrasound appointments were generally done first thing in the morning, starting at 8:00 am [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates]. You’re seen as you get there so people usually come early to get in line...The clinic is small and Dr. Jordan’s business is booming. She could use a larger office space with additional patient rooms. Overall the clinic is always very clean. You may have trouble getting in touch to make an appointment because scheduling initially goes through Augusta University Hospital. Once you’re an established patient, communication becomes much easier.
Dr. Jordan is extremely busy but she makes you feel like she can sit and talk to you all day. She is excellent at telling you what to expect and what each procedure entails. She could do a better job with the details of what comes next in the process. I am a nurse so I feel like I ask appropriate questions as to what to expect. That information isn’t always readily given to you.
Don’t hesitate to go see her!
Egg retrieval medications started with SQ Lupron injections morning and night (on a Wednesday). Then a couple days later we added SQ Menopur and SQ Follistim injections in the evening. The next Monday, Wednesday and Friday I went into the clinic and had my estrogen levels drawn and transvaginal ultrasounds for follicle counts. On Wednesday’s visit my estrogen levels were high and I was told to start drinking 40-60 grams of protein every 4-6 hours and to decrease my Follistim dosage that evening. On Friday’s visit my estrogen levels doubled and I was told to stop the menopur and Follistim altogether and begin drinking 80 grams of protein every 4 hours. My retrieval was on the next Monday and I had to do the HCG trigger shot over the weekend prior to. They retrieved 30 eggs under sedation and told me to continue drinking the protein to prevent Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Sweatman, RN )
The nursing staff is great. Very compassionate and receptive to questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Ultrasound appointments were generally done first thing in the morning, starting at 8:00 am. You’re seen as you get there so people usually come early to get in line.
I do not recall specific costs.
Augusta

When I first visited Dr. Jordan , my cycles were irregular. She prescribed me Provera to bring on a period. After my period started , I was able to schedule an HSG with the clinic. The HSG was performed & that’s when Dr. Jordan discovered my tubes were blocked. After a few more visits - it was determined that I would have to undergo tubal removal , to better enable IVF...She listens to my goals & my issues INTENTLY! She even ensures that I understand what is going on & what to expect. She comforts me when I cry & remains positive
The clinic [Georgia Regents]does a great job updating me of progress, schedule changes & providing further information. They also work really close to Dr. Jordan & ensure they are supporting her directions It can be better in answering phones & returning calls in a timely manner...[the nurses are] Very knowledgeable & super caring ! Very attentive to Dr. Jordan...You most make a deposit of 3600 that goes towards the clinic. I was told medications would be around 3000-5000. And the lab procedures would be around 5000
I have never had a doctor to comfort me after I received bad news. But she did that. I truly needed that. She always encouraged me to keep the faith . Dr. Jordan made my husband feel a part of the process & that made him happy ! I fully believe in what she says!
Dr. Jordan is very direct & blunt. It may come as a surprise - but she means well & truly cares.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Very knowledgeable & super caring ! Very attentive to Dr. Jordan
The clinic does a great job updating me of progress, schedule changes & providing further information. They also work really close to Dr. Jordan & ensure they are supporting her directions It can be better in answering phones & returning calls in a timely manner
I trust her decision. I’m a bit heartbroken that I have to have my Fallopian tubes removed - but I feel it is for the best.
What specific things went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
It was really really minor, but the clinic did forget to call me when I first tried to schedule an appointments

2017 - 2019, Successful
[Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] discovered that for us IVF was the best option. She followed my cycle closely, and I saw her at each appointment. She was very involved and knew exactly what was going on and what I had already been through. She knows her patients very well and never forgets little details. Always explains very well and is willing to answer any questions her patients may have. For each result she explained what that meant and what the next action plan was. She covers every base and if there is a chance in a pregnancy, she will not give up on you..We are not a number, but people who she strives to help and to make us a successful outcome. She connects with patients like no other doctor and goes above and beyond to help us understand and to get positive and desired results. I am only coming back for her for future pregnancies, and do not wish to see any other clinics or doctors if I move.
All of the nurses [at Georgia Regents] have shown compassion and deep care for us. When we came in one morning and we discovered that we had just lost a baby, there was always one nurse with us at all times, while Dr. jordan was contacting one of the high risk doctors for us to see, making sure we had the best care, instead of simply sending us to the emergency room. The staff in this clinic would never abandon us or send us somewhere. During this most difficult time in our lives, they were our rocky, like family! I absolutely love this clinic and it’s staff and Dr. jordan. Amazing experience!!!
If could, I would rate Dr. jordan as a 20 instead of a 10/10. She is amazing and so knowledgeable of what she is doing. If anyone can help, she can and I value her opinion very highly. I would say that Dr. Jordan is the doctor that I most trust and would not want to see any other. We have moved cities and we are already planning to return to her for future embryo transfers. I would travel hours to see her. I have suggested her to some friends going through infertility. She is simply amazing and will be completely honest with you, never deceiving or creating false hopes. Very truthful! She cares and is extremely compassionate. I value her very much!
There is no advice needed as she will do everything to understand you and your case, and will do everything to help and turn your visits into a positive pregnancy test. After many years of trying, my husband and I met with her, and she never gave up on me. I have PCOS and other barriers that prevented me from getting pregnant and she never gave up, always wanting to understand what was not working. Her perseverance allowed us to find out what was wrong and how to overcome it. She is amazing!
Dr. Jordan actually and truly cares! We are not a number, but people who she strives to help and to make us a successful outcome. She connects with patients like no other doctor and goes above and beyond to help us understand and to get positive and desired results. I am only coming back for her for future pregnancies, and do not wish to see any other clinics or doctors if I move.
Dr. Jordan discovered that for us IVF was the best option. She followed my cycle closely, and I saw her at each appointment. She was very involved and knew exactly what was going on and what I had already been through. She knows her patients very well and never forgets little details. Always explains very well and is willing to answer any questions her patients may have. For each result she explained what that meant and what the next action plan was. She covers every base and if there is a chance in a pregnancy, she will not give up on you.
All of the nurses have shown compassion and deep care for us. When we came in one morning and we discovered that we had just lost a baby, there was always one nurse with us at all times, while Dr. jordan was contacting one of the high risk doctors for us to see, making sure we had the best care, instead of simply sending us to the emergency room. The staff in this clinic would never abandon us or send us somewhere. During this most difficult time in our lives, they were our rocky, like family! I absolutely love this clinic and it’s staff and Dr. jordan. Amazing experience!!!
This clinic cares and works with you in every way possible. They are not about making money or getting numbers, but they are about achieving results for their patients lives (healthy pregnancies). I would recommend this clinic and it’s staff to any couple trying to conceive. They will care for you and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and that you matter.
Dr. Jordan was amazing and explaining why a single embryo transfer was best for us. She gave us absolutely every single reason and explained why for each of them. She does not make her decision lightly or careless. Every single decision she makes is very thoughtful and carefully considered, allowing us to feel at peace with her care.
Augusta

Dr. Jordan is an excellent doctor...She took her time and explained every procedure and what she was seeing. She answered any questions I had. Even though she is super busy, she never seemed rushed when talking to me...Since she is associated with AU, there are students studying with her. They always introduce themselves and I am sure if it was an issue, then they don't have to be in the room.
The nurses [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine] have been wonderful. One even held my hand during a procedure where there was a bit of pain. The nurses have called me back ASAP to reassure me about things. The nurses are the best I have ever had at a doctors office...The clinic forgot to order one lab, but at my next appointment they ordered it. It was an extremely minor error.
Dr. Jordan is an excellent doctor. From your visit, she explains that she wants her patients to be informed about everything. She took her time and explained every procedure and what she was seeing. She answered any questions I had. Even though she is super busy, she never seemed rushed when talking to me.
Dr. Jordan always took her time to answer all my questions. She also always explained everything so I knew what to expect.
Letrozole 2.5 mg- Cycle days- 3-5. Produced 2 mature follicles. Used to maximize egg production for IUI. Ovidrel trigger shot- only used when a positive ovulation test was not obtain by a certain date. IUI- We have male factor infertility. After 3 failed IUIs, we will move onto IVF.
The nurses have been wonderful. One even held my hand during a procedure where there was a bit of pain. The nurses have called me back ASAP to reassure me about things. The nurses are the best I have ever had at a doctors office.
The clinic is smaller and very much no frills. I like that. They are extremely busy and there have been times where wait times are high. They are hiring new staff to make things better. The clinic is easy to get to with plenty of free parking.
IUI is not covered by our insurance. With the ultrasound, sperm analysis and wash, trigger shot and the actual IUI procedure, it was around $1200.
Augusta
[Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan's] protocols are unparalleled. She succeeded in getting me and my husband pregnant with our first embryo transfer...is confident, dedicated, caring, intelligent, wonderful, amazing and I could go on and on. It is truly an honor and privilege to have a doctor so invested in your success...The level of communication that Dr. Jordan provides is unlike any other doctor I've been treated by. She made me and my husband feel extremely important, and we never felt like a number. She takes time to answer all of your questions and is genuinely invested in your success.
Stacy (the IVF care coordinator) and all of the nursing staff [at Georgia Regents] are incredible. Stacy is reachable by telephone or email at all hours of the day and constantly on top of everything. I cannot stress enough how incredible she is. She and Dr. Jordan make an unbelievable team...I know it is much more affordable compared to other clinics in Georgia and surrounding states... From the moment you walk in the door, you know you are in a caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. They are willing to work with you on appointment times and extremely accommodating. The clinic is efficient and organized. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
I cannot say enough wonderful things about Dr. Jordan. She is an absolute miracle worker. She took excellent care of me and my husband while we underwent IVF. Her protocols are unparalleled. She succeeded in getting me and my husband pregnant with our first embryo transfer, and we now have the sweetest, most adorable baby and are eternally grateful. Dr. Jordan is confident, dedicated, caring, intelligent, wonderful, amazing and I could go on and on. It is truly an honor and privilege to have a doctor so invested in your success.
Trust Dr. Jordan completely. She is the absolute greatest and only wants the absolute best for you.
The level of communication that Dr. Jordan provides is unlike any other doctor I've been treated by. She made me and my husband feel extremely important, and we never felt like a number. She takes time to answer all of your questions and is genuinely invested in your success. I was able to reach her by email through Stacy, her IVF coordinator, at any and all hours of the day which was priceless. During such a stressful and emotional process, knowing Dr. Jordan is reachable to alleviate additional worries is such an incredible peace of mind. Dr. Jordan was always there for us and constantly doing whatever she could to ensure success.
We trusted Dr. Jordan entirely and followed the protocol she designed for us. She successfully got us pregnant with our first frozen transfer.
Stacy (the IVF care coordinator) and all of the nursing staff are incredible. Stacy is reachable by telephone or email at all hours of the day and constantly on top of everything. I cannot stress enough how incredible she is. She and Dr. Jordan make an unbelievable team.
I love this clinic. From the moment you walk in the door, you know you are in a caring facility. The team doesn't make you feel like a number. They are willing to work with you on appointment times and extremely accommodating. The clinic is efficient and organized. There isn't one weakness of this clinic.
I do not remember specifics of the cost however I know it is much more affordable compared to other clinics in Georgia and surrounding states.
Augusta

She is blunt and will tell you what you need to hear. ... Dr. Jordan objectively evaluates us as a couple. She treats our infertility as a puzzle and adjusts her plans as needed. She has taken the time to explain every aspect from timing, biology, and procedures to us. ... Dr. Jordan adjusts to the situation and there were a few times I thought we would be doing something and then we weren't.
The clinic [Georgia Regents] has been very professional, organized, and tailored to each couple in how to treat our infertility. The staff goes out of their way to make my husband included in all of our visits/my procedures. ... Nursing staff are personable and have gone above and beyond to answer my questions. ... Dr. Jordan works very hard to keep the clinic's costs reasonable compared to what I have seen some other clinics charge.
Dr. Jordan adjusts to the situation and there were a few times I thought we would be doing something and then we weren't. This last visit I thought I was getting an ovulation trigger shot for example and she decided I was late enough in my cycle that we would wait for my period and do another round of Clomid before trying IUI next month. It was more confusing than upsetting - but I would rather my doctor adjust to the situation than to stick to their guns stubbornly and not get the results.
She takes your infertility personally and will adjust to the situation to get you to where you want to be - pregnant. She is blunt and will tell you what you need to hear.
Dr. Jordan objectively evaluates us as a couple. She treats our infertility as a puzzle and adjusts her plans as needed. She has taken the time to explain every aspect from timing, biology, and procedures to us. She performed a SIS on me and explained everything as she was doing it and I felt very comfortable with her in a rather uncomfortable situation. She has been optimistic and has helped me to be more optimistic about our situation.
The first appointment was meeting the team, discussing family and personal histories, and getting blood work workups to get hormone levels and to test me for genetic screenings. The following appointment was a saline sonogram (SIS) and she was very clear about what she was doing and made sure my husband and I could see what she was explaining on the sonogram. The SIS was to see if my uterus was fibroid/polyp free, fallopian tubes were patent (open), ovaries - to check my egg reserves. At our 3rd appointment she went over our mild infertility issues. She discussed that there is likely a cervical mucus issue for me along with my anovulation and my husband's slight motility issues. She suggested that we do IUI to bypass the cervix and insert more sperm straight into the uterus to help more sperm be where they need to be. She explained the whole process and was very reassuring that we should get pregnant within 1 or 2 IUI procedures. Since I respond to Clomid I will take Clomid and I will come back for an ultrasound to check that I responded to the medication and that my egg/s are ready to descend on CD 10-12. Then about 2 days after that my husband and I will both come in to do the IUI.
The clinic has been very professional, organized, and tailored to each couple in how to treat our infertility. The staff goes out of their way to make my husband included in all of our visits/my procedures. I feel confident that we will get pregnant soon. I feel very comfortable with everyone who has been involved in my care.
I have paid $275 for my SIS. My genetic preconception tests and hormone blood work was almost completely covered through my insurance - I owed $10 of a $1250 bill. Dr. Jordan works very hard to keep the clinic's costs reasonable compared to what I have seen some other clinics charge.
Augusta

[Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] was present at all of our appointments and spent 30-45 min with us each time...She either performs or oversees the performance (in the room guiding the process) of all your treatments...would only be single embryo transfer...she has been very good at shining light on the positives through examples of prior patient outcomes and how our results relate
The general nursing staff [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] are satisfactory, not great or bad...When an update was requested through the care coordinator, a simple number of embryos was given without explanation of what happened to the others...$3600 for IVF $4000 for IVF medications $4600 for lab $1200 for IUI $5000 for genetic testing
Dr. Jordan is very knowledgeable and has a great track record. She is highly structured, very professional, and uses her years of experience to guide clinical judgement. She explains the treatment path and can back it up with research references. She was present at all of our appointments and spent 30-45 min with us each time. I can be a pessimist, and she has been very good at shining light on the positives through examples of prior patient outcomes and how our results relate.
Her demeanor is very matter-of-fact and some could view as not-relatable, but she has your best interest in mind. She truly wants you to have success through your treatment and will do all that she can to make it happen.
She meets with you at every appointment and discusses your situation thoroughly. She either performs or oversees the performance (in the room guiding the process) of all your treatments. I like to know EVERYTHING about my diagnosis and treatment plan, and she gives me as many details as I like.
We started with three IUIs, because there was no evidence of any issues on my behalf and my spouse had slightly lower sperm count. With each IUI, it became more apparent that my spouse's sperm count was lower than initial tests showed. We paused treatment for my spouse to go to a urologist; he had varicoceles on both sides and had a variocelscotmy. We restarted treatment and were told we could attempt IUIs again, but we chose to move ahead with IVF. We had a straight-forward IVF treatment and were planning on a fresh transfer. The COVID-19 situation stopped our treatment at egg retrieval. She retrieved 19 eggs, 4 inseminated that day, 7 others were inseminated via ICSI the next day after maturing for 24 hours, and 4 eggs made it to the embryo stage. The four were biopsied and sent for genetic testing. Two were recommended for transfer. We are currently waiting for our first frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy)
The general nursing staff are satisfactory, not great or bad. The care coordinator seems to care but isn't a great communicator. I'd ask questions and get simple answers with no details on why.
The clinic is part of the hospital, so it is not the most glamorous office compared to private practices. They had all the necessary equipment needed, and the lab portion is located right behind the clinic (note: the lab is billed separately from the clinic and doesn't always accept the same insurances).
$3600 for IVF $4000 for IVF medications $4600 for lab $1200 for IUI $5000 for genetic testing (costs include clinic fee, lab fee, and genetic testing facility fee)
For our situation, we were told there would only be single embryo transfer, because we've had one successful natural pregnancy and I'm under 35. We were told the risks associated with multiple embryo transfer and understood her approach.
After egg retrieval and initial feedback for three days from Dr. Jordan, there were a few days of no communication. When an update was requested through the care coordinator, a simple number of embryos was given without explanation of what happened to the others. It felt insensitive and left us wondering what happened to our other fertilized eggs.
Augusta

Dr. Jordan is very knowledgeable. She pays close attention to results and looks for the underlying issue. I had been seeing my OB for 2.5 years before visiting Dr. Jordan and not once was anything said about my TSH level. Dr. Jordan put me on thyroid medicine immediately. She also noticed that my husbands blood results were off and was the one to determine he had an issue with his pituitary gland. She was laid back, honest, and always patient with us.
The clinic [Georgia Regents-Augusta] is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.... Stacy was amazing! She knew my case, responded to all of my concerns, and just had a good personality.... Doctors Fee - $2900* Lab Fee - $3650 Anesthesia Fee - $375 Embryo Cryopreservation <=8 - $475 First year of storage - $435 Injection Training - $25 *I received a discount on my doctor fee due to the clinic being 4 hours away from my home.
Ask all the questions you need to ask and trust her answers. She knows what she is doing.
Stacy, the ivf coordinator, always made me feel like a human. She was busy but never seemed bothered by my questions. She knew my name and seemed to always remember my case.
I was on the microdose flare protocol. They chose this protocol based on my blood work. This protocol was very successful for me. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs, 16 of which were mature. I did not get OHSS.
The clinic is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.
My doctor did recommend transferring only one embryo. She made this recommendation based on the quality of the embryo.
Augusta
Dr. Jordan was personable, she remembered details of our previous appointments and followed up on personal events that were taking place. She was kind and genuine. ... I had a great experience with her. So much so that I would travel back to her office for any future embryo transfers versus starting treatment at a facility where I am geographically. I cannot wait to see her again. ... I'm thankful that she only implanted one embryo. My body is small and my baby was very large.
The nurses [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine & Infertility Assoc] lost my receipts for treatment I had paid for. Thank goodness I carry records on my person. I wasn't informed of how my embryos were doing until the very end so I didn't know at what stage some had stopped developing. ... It can take a while to get your first appointment but waiting is worth it if you want to have a baby. They do everything they can to make sure you end up pregnant with a viable embryo. The money is worth it. ...
Be open and honest with her about all your frustrations and previous medical care. She truly cares about you as a person and wants to help you conceive.
I took two injections each night for about a week and then did my trigger shot. In between these days I had blood work and ultrasounds to make sure my eggs were developing properly. Then I had the egg retrieval and five days later the embryo transfer to my womb. It was a quick process.
The nursing staff were very kind and personable.
It was very efficient!
Altogether my husband and I paid around $9500 for medications, visits, and treatments.
The nurses lost my receipts for treatment I had paid for. Thank goodness I carry records on my person. I wasn't informed of how my embryos were doing until the very end so I didn't know at what stage some had stopped developing.

2015, Successful
...Dr Jordan [Georgia Regents] also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue.
Dr Jordan is a very straight-forward person who immediately gives the impression that she is highly experienced, well trained, specially educated, and fully capable of handling your case. She presents all of the facts as they are and then tells you your chances, possible setbacks, and even explains the financial details. It's easy to see that fertility/infertility is her passion and that she cares more about success than money. Her bedside manner can come off as slightly flippant because she is so knowledgable, but she will listen when you advocate for yourself and gives you her full attention.
Be willing to let her have control because she knows what she is doing, but also be prepared to speak up for yourself when you have concerns.
Dr Jordan always referred to me by name and knew my case history without having to look it up each time. When there was a setback, she took extra time to assure me that she was very dedicated to getting me pregnant and genuinely cared for my wellbeing.
I am 31 and always suspected endometriosis but it was never confirmed. Dr Jordan also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue. My AMH was 3.4 so my protocol for IVF was micro-dose lupron antagonist. I did 20mcg lupron twice a day with 75mg menopur and 250mg Follistim each night for 10 days. I had 11 mature follicles at my last scan and 13 eggs were retrieved. All were fertilized using ICSI due to male factor infertility. 8 fertilized, 6 grew normally, transferred 1 (we were given the option of transferring 2 since my endo was so severe but we chose 1) and 5 embryos made it to freeze. My beta 8 days later was positive and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with one boy.
I has many painful setbacks during my care and each time I saw a nurse, they seemed truly sympathetic and compassionate. They all cheered a great deal when my Tests were positive.
The clinic is small and operates on a university research budget, so office setting, decor, and atmosphere suffer. It is clean and efficient, but it isn't like the fancy clinics you'll see in commercials. However, the staff more than makes up for the appearance.
7,000$ plus medications

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Jordan took a vested interest in my treatment and success at becoming a mom...was always honest about the likelihood of sucess. She discussed all options fully and made recommendations, but ultimately supported our decisions. Although we had a very tough case involving Diminished Ovarian Reserve and male factor infertility, we continued to try every option including donors and IVF. I would recommend her to anyone...Be aware that she is very blunt, but she cares deeply about patient sucess...We tried 3 IUI cycles, then IUI cycles with donor sperm. After years of continued good response to clomid, Dr. Gavrilova-Jordon felt comfortable moving forward with IVF. We were able to do one IVF cycle and transfer a 3 day embryo, which did not result in a pregnancy. I would have moved forward with another cycle if we hadn't moved.
Stacy [nurse at Georgia Regents] was phenomenal and answered any questions with compassion and understanding. She had a quick response and took her time to make sure we understood all the steps...If I arrived early enough, the monitoring appointment was quick. If you end up being the last on in the door, you might wait for hours...Over the course of our 7 IUIs and 1 IVF, we spent $25,000...All of the nurses on staff are friendly and helpful. The clinic is hard to get in touch with. Often you are left with answering machine and leaving messages. If you choose the right option your call is returned promptly.
Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan was always honest about the likelihood of sucess. She discussed all options fully and made recommendations, but ultimately supported our decisions. Although we had a very tough case involving Diminished Ovarian Reserve and male factor infertility, we continued to try every option including donors and IVF. I would recommend her to anyone.
Be aware that she is very blunt, but she cares deeply about patient sucess.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy )
Stacy was phenomenal and answered any questions with compassion and understanding. She had a quick response and took her time to make sure we understood all the steps.
Over the course of our 7 IUIs and 1 IVF, we spent $25,000.
Augusta
She [Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally...She is very straightforward and very blunt but she gets amazing results. She also is very organized and makes sure to take the time to explain everything to you. She also will make sure that your physical health and mental health are optimized before she proceeds with treatment. She doesn’t want to treat and charge money if she doesn’t think she will be successful.
They [nurses at Georgia Regents] were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of... they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
Don’t let her scare you. Her bluntness is because she cares.
She always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cindy )
They were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of.
Only weakness is people get scared away because they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
Selective embryo transfer
Augusta
[Dr. Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan] is amazing. She’s extremely knowledgeable...I wouldn’t want another doctor...In your first appointment, eat before you go. You will be there for hours...Dr. Jordan made my treatment tailored to my needs, because of my PCOS she gave a specific concoction of drugs to give me the results...She has an accent , Sometimes it’s hard to understand her , but for the most part it’s not that bad... Also, write down any questions you may have before your appointment so you won’t forget.
I nervously waited for HCG beta blood results, and they [staff at Georgia Regents] never called. I had to call and find out...For medication, retrieval, and transfer I paid under 20k...They are awesome about keeping good records. I’ve never had anything lost by them. However, they NEVER answer the phone. Trying to get in touch with anyone is a nightmare. It takes a full 3-5 business days to get a call back. The nurse coordinator communicates through e-email.
Dr. Jordan is amazing. She’s extremely knowledgeable. She has an accent , Sometimes it’s hard to understand her , but for the most part it’s not that bad. Her prices are the best in the state. I wouldn’t want another doctor.
In your first appointment, eat before you go. You will be there for hours. Also, write down any questions you may have before your appointment so you won’t forget.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy swetman )
Stacy is really quick to respond or get your prescriptions in. However, when I lost my baby at 9 weeks I never heard an “ I’m sorry for your loss” it was an absolute nightmare trying to coordinate my d&c through Stacy and my RE.
Dr. Jordan’s office allowed me to do my monitoring closer to him. Their office was 2 hours away. They coordinated with my reproductive endocrinologist. I was able to stay close to home for monitoring.
For medication, retrieval, and transfer I paid under 20k.
I nervously waited for HCG beta blood results, and they never called. I had to call and find out from RE. I was extremely upset.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She is compassionate, intelligent and very encouraging. She makes sure she goes above and beyond to make me comfortable and to make sure I understand the process. ... Dr. Jordan cares about her patients in a personal way. She encourages and comforts me. Although, we are still struggling to have a baby, dr. Jordan is by far the best doctor I’ve ever seen.
The staff [at Georgia Regents] is friendly. ... We’ve done a procedure to remove polyps from my uterus. We’ve done and HSG test and had my husband’s sperm tested. We’ve done many cycles with femera and ultrasound monitoring and lifestyle change but it hasn’t worked. ... We’ve tried for a long time and still don’t have our miracle but we know it will happen. Dr Jordan is amazing at what she does and I fully trust her as a patient.
Dr Jordan is the best doctor I’ve ever had. She is compassionate, intelligent and very encouraging. She makes sure she goes above and beyond to make me comfortable and to make sure I understand the process.
You will be pleasantly surprised at how caring she is.
We’ve done a procedure to remove polyps from my uterus. We’ve done and HSG test and had my husband’s sperm tested. We’ve done many cycles with femera and ultrasound monitoring and lifestyle change but it hasn’t worked. Dr. Jordan suggested our next step should be IVF, but we currently do not have the money.
It’s small but the doctor is great. The staff is friendly. You may have to wait some but dr. Jordan is worth the wait, she’s awesome! We’ve tried for a long time and still don’t have our miracle but we know it will happen. Dr Jordan is amazing at what she does and I fully trust her as a patient.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Jordan came into me room with a bubbly and energetic spirit. She shared he her story and her purpose. They she asked me a couple of questions regarding why I was there and what were my expectations. She clearly communicated that there are no guarantees however she and her staff will provide their best efforts to assist me during this process...
The clinic staff [of Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates] is great and seems to work together as a team. The only weakness I would say is the building and space is small...With all testing, lab work and services around $12,000.00...The staff was very nice. They answered all my questions and made sure I had an understanding of what my options are. Also making me aware of the risk and making me no promises.
Dr Jordan came into me room with a bubbly and energetic spirit. She shared he her story and her purpose. They she asked me a couple of questions regarding why I was there and what were my expectations. She clearly communicated that there are no guarantees however she and her staff will provide their best efforts to assist me during this process.
She is truthful and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
Very nice staff. They made sure I was comfortable.
The clinic staff is great and seems to work together as a team. The only weakness I would say is the building and space is small. I would tell any new patient that you are in good hands. Ask as many questions as you need to ensure you understand the process. I wish you the best on your journey.
With all testing, lab work and services around $12,000.00

2018 - 2020, Successful
Dr Jordan was very attentive and caring from the beginning. She was always optimistic about my treatment even when I wasn't. She explains everything in a way that is easy to understand and she always ensures all questions are answered...recommended letrozole and I underwent several cycles. After each cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test, with Dr Jordan's advice I decided to try IVF. I used gonal-f, leuprolide,and menopur to induce ovulation. I had 5 day embryo transfer which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test. Currently I am 12 weeks pregnant.
There are multiple nurses [at Augusta University Medicine and Infertility Associates] who are all very nice and attentive...It took a while after my OBGYN referred me to get an appointment (maybe 3 months). The office stays very busy but always able to accommodate an appointment that works with my schedule. Sometimes routine visits seemed rushed and like they knew they had to get to the next room because they had so many patients to see...I had 5 day embryo transfer which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test. Currently I am 12 weeks pregnant.
Trust Dr. Jordan. She knows what treatment is best for you. She is an expert and very good at her profession.
Dr. Jordan has wonderful bedside manner and truly shows she cares about her patients.
I started seeing Dr Jordan after my OBGYN referred me. I had been a year without taking birth control and no positive pregnancy test. My OBGYN had me try multiple clomid cycles which also failed and 1 unsuccessful IUI. Dr Jordan recommended letrozole and I underwent several cycles. After each cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test, with Dr Jordan's advice I decided to try IVF. I used gonal-f, leuprolide,and menopur to induce ovulation. I had 5 day embryo transfer which resulted in my first positive pregnancy test. Currently I am 12 weeks pregnant.
There are multiple nurses who are all very nice and attentive.
Dr Jordan preferred single embryo transfer due to my age and it being my first pregnancy. She explained the risks of more than 1 embryo transfer at a time.
Augusta

She [Dr. Gavrilova-Jordan] created two miracles despite a grim initial diagnosis!...personable doctor who pays close attention to each individual patient. Amazing bedside manner, always reassuring...Three IUI attempts. IFV with lupron protocol. ICSI after egg retrieval...It was very nerve wracking at 30 years old to find out I have extremely low ovarian reserve, along with a male infertility factor...She assured us she would get us pregnant and sure enough, 7 months later we became pregnant with twins via IVF!
[Georgia Regents is a] Very clean, comfortable clinic. Great doctors and staff! Easy to get an appointment. Very personable and everyone knows who you are. Comfortable environment...Three IUI attempts. IFV with lupron protocol. ICSI after egg retrieval...[Nurses are] Very friendly and knowledgeable. Was there to answer our questions a long the way. Kept us updated vie phone or in person...Transferred two embryo's due to one embryo being four cell and the other 8 cell. Four cell embryo's chances of making it to blastocyst stage were not high and would not be able to freeze.
Absolutely amazing doctor! It was very nerve wracking at 30 years old to find out I have extremely low ovarian reserve, along with a male infertility factor. After two years of trying we lost all hope until we found Dr. Jordan. She assured us she would get us pregnant and sure enough, 7 months later we became pregnant with twins via IVF! I can’t say enough about how wonderful a doctor Dr Jordan is and how she has changed out lives. She created two miracles despite a grim initial diagnosis! I would happily recommend Dr. Jordan to anyone going through infertility. She is a miracle worker!
She is a great, personable doctor who pays close attention to each individual patient. Amazing bedside manner, always reassuring, an absolute miracle worker!
Very personable. Takes plenty of time and caters to each particular patient. Care is wonderful! Dr. Jordan made me feel like I was her only patient and she seemed to truly care and want the best outcome.
Three IUI attempts. IFV with lupron protocol. ICSI after egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacey Swetman)
Very clean, comfortable clinic. Great doctors and staff! Easy to get an appointment. Very personable and everyone knows who you are. Comfortable environment. This is a clinic that gets results! Would recommend to anyone!