Medical SchoolTemple
Lansdale
1690 Sumneytown Pike
Lansdale, PA 19446
215-887-2011
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Larry Barmat to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Abington Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Barmat is very direct but very honest and upfront. He genuinely cares but will not waste your time on things he does not feel are necessary or that will not work. I've always felt like he had my best interest and truly cared.... Testosterone protocols, which allowed for the follicles to start around the same time. I often experienced issues where one follicle would take off in size and this protocol has brought me the most success with number of eggs retrieved.
6 IUI, 5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Very smart, looks at your best interest and never seems about the money. Listens and provides honest feedback. Supports thoughts and ideas but also only within reason. Goes through all options, discussed experimental ideas but then advises if not necessary for your current situation. Compassionate but not too emotional.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
His empathy can appear dry.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Larry Barmat used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Overall the nurses are great. There are a few that I felt had attitude in their tone. I do understand the job is demanding but as infertility patients we are extremely vulnerable. I do not think any were lacking knowledge or assistance but some were definitely more friendly and more compassionate then others.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Billing lacks on communication and responsiveness. A great group of doctors, however they all have different approaches or suggestions which at times is conflicting and confusing. Nurses are thorough and responsive. Biggest negative is billing area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Cost were in range with other facilities and average cost in general.
Describe Larry Barmat's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Typically, I was allowed to transfer 2. They always explained everything in full detail.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Langhorne

[Dr. Larry Barmat is a] Great doctor, very knowledgeable. Amazing bedside manner and treated you like a real person. Brought humor to the situation when all you wanted to do was cry. Very patient and kind. We are very lucky to have him as our doctor.... We started with clomid which did not work and then moved on to another pill. That made me ovulate but it did not work again so we switched to the injectibles. None produced a full term pregnancy
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Listen to what he says even though you may not want to hear it. He’s the expierenced one.
Very down to earth and listened to every question you had. Made you laugh at times when you wanted to cry
I couldn’t love the staff at Abington more. They are beyond compassionate and friendly. They really make you feel like they are the only one they are caring for
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Morning hours are def a strength, the only weakness is that you have to pay to park. The friendly staff, down to even the receptionist and billing people. If they say they will return your call that day, they always do. You never sit and wait for your appts, they are very timely.
Out of pocket we have spent close to $4000 so far the rest was covered by insurance. IVF will cost around $17,000 which is completely out of pocket
Abington

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine.

2008 - 2013
Dr. Barnard was my favorite doctor at Abington. He was always compassionate and spent time with me answering every question I had. Dr. Barmat even called me after my miscarriage to explain what had been wrong with the baby....My very first cycle was not successful. So for the second, they did ICSI in case the shell of my eggs was too hard. That cycle resulted in my daughter. When we went back for baby #2, they had switched from injectable progesterone to progesterone suppositories. Because I responded better to the shots, we switched back to that.
2008 - 2013
How was your experience with Larry Barmat at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
He is so very smart. Trust in him that he wants you to be successful.
Always compassionate and answered all questions.
i never had a negative experience with any of the staff at Abington.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
One of their top benefits is the number of satellite offices meaning you don’t have to drive to Abington for every appointment. All staff is very experienced and interact with couples all day. They know how hard the process is and are always compassionate and respectful.
I was extremely lucky. My insurance covered my treatments.