OU Physicians Reproductive Health

Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Texas Galveston
ResidencyU. of Tennessee
FellowshipU. of Wisconsin
840 Research Parkway
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
405-271-1616
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend LaTasha Craig to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend OU Physicians Reproductive Health to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Craig is caring, upbeat, thorough, and truthful. She is a wonderful doctor and has a great bedside manner while at the same time being honest and upfront about the diagnosis and treatment options.... For IVF, she chose the Microdose Lupron Protocol. I primed for three weeks with Aygestin bc I can’t take regular birth control. Three days after stopping Aygestin I started Lupron... They retrieved 19 eggs. 11 were mature, they fertilized 6 with ICSI and 5 conventional.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with LaTasha Craig at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of LaTasha Craig at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
She will do everything in her power to make sure you get pregnant!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with LaTasha Craig at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
She was very empathetic when speaking to me about IUI and IVF.
Describe the protocols LaTasha Craig used in your cycles at OU Physicians Reproductive Health and their degree of success.
For my five IUI’s I took 2.5 mg Femara twice a day CD 3-7, came in for an ultrasound on CD 9-10 and sometimes once more if needed. Triggered with 10,000 IU Pregnyl and did the IUI exactly 36 hours later. I always produced 1-3 mature follicles during that time. I was told to take a pregnancy test 15 days after the IUI. For IVF, she chose the Microdose Lupron Protocol. I primed for three weeks with Aygestin bc I can’t take regular birth control. Three days after stopping Aygestin I started Lupron 10ML twice a day. On the third day we added in 375 follostim and 75 Menopur along with the Lupron 10ML twice a day. I had bloodwork done on the third day of stims and my estrogen was 277. They decreased my Follistim to 350. I had bloodwork and ultrasound on day 5, 7, 8 and 9 of stims. They decreased my Follistim each time bc my estrogen kept coming back on the high end. My follicle count on my baseline ultrasound for IVF was 9–10 and on Day 9 of stims I had 23 follicles. I was down to 200 Follistim on Day 9. I triggered at 12:30AM the morning of Day 10 with 10,000 IU a Pregnyl and had my egg retrieval at 11:30 AM on Day 11 (35 hours after trigger). They retrieved 19 eggs. 11 were mature, they fertilized 6 with ICSI and 5 conventional. 3 from the icsi group fertilized and 3 from the conventional group fertilized. On Day 3 we had 3 B+ embryos, 1 B and 2 C’s. She recommended transferring two in Day 3 or waiting until Day 5 and transferring one. We do not want twins so we decided to transfer one on day 5. It was a 4B+A embryo. On Day 6 when my clinic freezes, we had one 4BB+ embryo left to freeze. I came in for bloodwork 10 days after my transfer and 15 days after my egg retrieval and I was not pregnant. We are now gearing up to start a frozen embryo transfer with our one frozen embryo. Dr. Craig recommended not PGS testing due to my age and low AMH and no past history of miscarriages. Based on my past AFC of 5-12 she estimated we’d get approximately 7-10 eggs and we ended up getting 19 so I responded really well to the meds. My husband also has mild male factor infertility with a 1-2% morphology, 37% motility and count of 16-22 million.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Amber Jackson)
All of the nurses at OU are fabulous. I have never once had a negative experience with any of them. They are all extremely compassionate. Each time they call on the phone with results they take time to ask how I’m doing and answer any questions I have without seeming rushed. They given me hugs, consoled me when I’ve cried, and remained optimistic about me getting pregnant throughout the whole process. Amber and Connie are definitely my favorite. They both go above and beyond!
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
My only complaint is that nothing is done electronically other than your records. I wish they would utilize their patient portal or email with results. They call patients every afternoon with results so I always feel like I’m on edge waiting for the phone call with a pen and notepad waiting to write things down. I’d feel a lot better if details were emailed so I could refer back to them. I’m also a numbers person so I’d have to take a picture of the ultrasound screen with my follicle count or measurements or write down my husbands semen analysis numbers. I’d rather just be able to access all of that on a patient portal or email.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Bloodwork and ultrasounds are done between the hours of 7-9 AM. I never had to wait in the waiting room longer than 10-15 mins. Nurses perform the bloodwork and the doctor performs the ultrasounds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under LaTasha Craig at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Medication from Acaria online pharmacy for IVF was $3500. IVF with ICSI was $9580. Anesthesia was $500. IVF sperm work up was $315. ART screening was $167. IVF consult was $50. IUI was $350. IUI ultrasounds and bloodwork were $88. Infectious disease testing was $160.
Describe LaTasha Craig's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
She ultimately left the decision up to us and showed us the statistics on SART.org. We have one child already that was conceived naturally 5 years ago and really didn’t want multiples so we chose to only transfer one embryo. She recommended the transfer on Day 3 if we chose to transfer two embryos and Day 5 of we chose to transfer one embryo.
2014 - 2018
Dr Craig makes sure to ask questions about me that aren’t related to just infertility. And I never feel rushed like she doesn’t have time to answer a question I might have. There have been a few times where I’ve found something on google and have asked her about it and she never got offended or acted like I was trying to second guess her....she has pointed out that by losing weight I can increase my chances, but never made me feel ashamed or guilty for being overweight.
2014 - 2018
Dr Craig has always made me feel like I was important. She doesn’t sugar coat things, but is able to say things in a way that is to the point but not harsh. I have weight issues and she’s never once made me feel like being overweight was the root cause of my issues with infertility. But she has pointed out that by losing weight I can increase my chances, but never made me feel ashamed or guilty for being overweight. I’m not one to ask a lot of questions but I do a lot of my own research and basically everything that I’ve found has corresponded with the plans Dr Craig has used for me. And the few questions I have had have been explained as to why we haven’t gone a particular route in a respectful manner and didn’t leave me feeling like I was less of a person because I didn’t have the Dr in front of my name. If you are looking for a doctor that only talks about rainbows and butterflies and holds your hand and treats you with kid gloves, Dr Craig is not going to be the doctor for you. But if you are looking for a real human that is rooting for you to be a mom and sets realistic expectations a long the way, then Dr Craig would be a great fit for you.
Trust that she knows what she is doing, but if you have ideas or questions don’t be afraid to voice them. She will respect your opinion, and even if you want to try something that she doesn’t feel like will be the best fit for you, as long as it isn’t harmful she’s willing to let you try. She really lets the patient guide their steps within reason of course.
Dr Craig makes sure to ask questions about me that aren’t related to just infertility. And I never feel rushed like she doesn’t have time to answer a question I might have. There have been a few times where I’ve found something on google and have asked her about it and she never got offended or acted like I was trying to second guess her. She just explained why we hadn’t gone that direction for me, or explained why it may not have been good information. She’s never made me feel like I was stupid for bringing something up. I’ve been to doctors where if you mention something they stop short of rolling their eyes and blow you off. I’ve never felt that way with Dr Craig.
I came to Dr Craig after having tried 3 rounds of clomid and times intercourse and 3 or 4 rounds of Femara and timed intercourse through my OBGYN. After my first meeting we decided to try an IUI on my next cycle. We ended up doing four cycles with IUI and on the fourth cycle I was pregnant! Unfortunately when we went in for our ultrasound it was discovered that I had a septum in my uterus and the baby had attached to the septum tissue which isn’t healthy tissue and so the baby didn’t grow. I was crushed. In the week that followed I expressed my frustration of having to go back for another ultrasound to confirm what we already knew. I’ve always been a okay what do we do next kind of person, and so having to wait was really hard. Once we had confirmation that the baby was attached to the septum we induced miscarriage using cytotec. And once my hcg level was back to the negative range we scheduled surgery to remove the septum. Dr Craig performed the surgery, my septum was very minimal. I should also mention that I had done an HSG with my OBGYN and it wasn’t repeated with Dr Craig and the HSG didn’t reveal the septum. I don’t want to give the impression that Dr Craig missed diagnosing the septum, she didn’t. Once the surgery was complete we did 4 rounds of timed intercourse with no drugs while working on weight loss. Then we did five more IUI’s without success. We are currently saving for IVF as our next step so treatment is on pause currently.
Every nurse I have had experience with except for one has been the best experience I’ve ever had with a doctors office nursing staff. The nurse that I haven’t had the most positive experience with I would say it’s because our personalities clash, and not because she is not a good nurse or capable.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Everyone from the receptionist to the check out person is so encouraging, even in times of distress. I do wish they had appointments for treatment available in the later part of the afternoon, but that just what would work best for my schedule. The clinic opens at 730 and closes at 430. Bloodwork appointments are typically from 730-830 and then IUI appointments are anywhere from 10-1130 am and then consults etc are in the afternoon. I can’t say what the schedule is like for IVF treatments as I’m not at that step.
Everything possible that can be billed to insurance has been. But I don’t have fertility coverage so IUI’s have been out of pocket. The total cost of the IUI for self pay is $350-$400.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
I loved hearing about the specifics of each process and procedure, and Dr. Craig really took the time to go into details with me. I felt like she probably didn't do that with everyone, but she knew it made me more comfortable, so she took the time to do that, which I really appreciated. Even though we didn't have the desired outcome, Dr. Craig walked alongside us for the entire journey - the good and the bad - and was there to explain and support.
European, Middle Eastern
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Write down the questions you have before your visit -- it's a nurse that will call you back if something comes up later, Dr. Craig is mostly available during your scheduled visits.
Dr. Craig was so friendly and empathetic. She guided my spouse and I through the physiological part of infertility, but was also mindful of the emotional component. She was kind but realistic when setting expectations for us.
Clomid or letrozole with trigger shot for IUI. We did this four times. None were successful. Dr. Craig gave us the option of more IUI or moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Cynthia was always so kind and helpful. I was impressed with her level of knowledge and her ability to share it with me in a practical way. Also, the staff is so prompt when calling you back! I felt like I could call anytime, for any reason.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
The clinic is very organized. I never had a long wait. They have early morning appointments so it's easy to get in before work. It's also very clean and attractive. They are so helpful when trying to wade through the maze of fertility insurance.
Three of our IUIs were through a NIH grant, which they helped us qualify for, so the costs were minimal for those. The 4th IUI was about $600, which we paid out of pocket.
2012 - 2017
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
LaTasha is a warm and caring woman. She was kind when my ovarian reserve was low, and she helped adjust my meds along the way to help. I was very happy to use her. It's been 4 years since my last treatment, and we are gearing up for another round--this time we got hugs!...She knew her stuff medically as well...but her warmth was comforting during this time... the only time I saw Dr. Craig was my intake appointment and for transfer. Every other appointment (2 transfers worth), we saw PAs or other doctors from the practice.
2012 - 2017
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
LaTasha is a warm and caring woman. She was kind when my ovarian reserve was low, and she helped adjust my meds along the way to help. I was very happy to use her. It's been 4 years since my last treatment, and we are gearing up for another round--this time we got hugs! She was also interested in our other 2 children. She knew her stuff medically as well...but her warmth was comforting during this time.
Be patient.
Oh bless! It's a small clinic--everyone knew us and knew our story! They cared about us and us getting a baby!
I do not remember exactly. Lupron, folistem,
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Ugh. She started out great, but she made a mistake by not ordering meds for us. So, I called frustrated because the meds weren't ordered, and I wanted to price them out with different companies. After that she was cold and uninterested in the process. That cycle was a chemical. The next cycle, we got the calendar. She had dates messed up (listed LAST DAY OF BIRTH CONTROL in all caps but had birth control pill listed to take the next day). I asked her about this, and she responded. But, it honestly made me question the entire process. Were our meds correct? Right dosage? Etc? How detailed had she been in creating the calendar? And again, super distant after I questioned her.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Honestly, I just don't think they were super on top of things or as personal as the first time we used them (comparing 2013 to 2017). I felt like I had to call them (when last time, they were proactive). I never had the same nurse which was disappointing. Lastly, the only time I saw Dr. Craig was my intake appointment and for transfer. Every other appointment (2 transfers worth), we saw PAs or other doctors from the practice.
$13,XXX for original IVF plus many fees along the way...$700 here, $100 there. $4,XXX for transfer #2 plus a few fees alonr the way...$200 here and there $3,xxx for transfer #3 (flat rate negotiated)
Now that we have two children and are using a gc, we are set on eset. First transfer, we were all on board for DET. The risks are just too much this time.
What specific things went wrong at OU Physicians Reproductive Health?
2013 - 2016
She [Dr Craig] was kind, caring and explained things well. It can be a bit of an overwhelming process and would be very helpful if she could hand me a print out of what she covers. They did give me a few papers that needed to be updated....I used clomid, a trigger shot and iui three times. I used femara ( I think is what it's called) instead of clomid because we were afraid that clomid was thinning my lining. I was told that my clomid dosage was considered normal until I started in on a study then my clomid dosage doubled and that was awful!
2013 - 2016
She was kind, caring and explained things well. It can be a bit of an overwhelming process and would be very helpful if she could hand me a print out of what she covers. They did give me a few papers that needed to be updated.
Ask questions several times if you are like me and need to take notes
They treated us fine. It is just so busy that it's easy to feel overwhelmed.
I used clomid, a trigger shot and iui three times. I used femara ( I think is what it's called) instead of clomid because we were afraid that clomid was thinning my lining. I was told that my clomid dosage was considered normal until I started in on a study then my clomid dosage doubled and that was awful! My mood swings were unlike anything I have ever experienced!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Starkey)
She was wonderful! She helped us to feel completely comfortable and even excited about the process. She was so easy to communicate with that I considered her a friend, but she was still very professional! I was actually sad to leave her when our treatment was over.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Some of their strengths are that they are top of the line, always trying new things, always having several clinical trials, very professional, helpful and kind. Weaknesses are just feeling like another patient but I don't know how you can help that with such a busy place. I would really appreciate a printed paper or email that covered each visit.
around $450 per iui cycle times 4 so a couple thousand dollars. three cycles were completely free because of an experimental trial with male vitamins
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr Craig is a caring, compassionate provider. Infertility is hard but I trusted her completely and feel that my trust was rewarded. I cried tears of sadness and joy in her office. When I finally did get pregnant, I knew it was because of her help.... Dr Craig seemed to truly care about me and our situation. She remembered mine and my husband’s name and details about us. She knew us and didn’t have to spend the whole appointment looking at my chart.
2013 - 2015
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Do what she says. She knows her stuff.
1. Clomid with times intercourse (2x) 2. Clomid with injection induced ovulation (1x) 3. Clomid with IUI (3x) 4. Femara with IUI (1x) 5. Injectables with IUI (1x) 6. IVF-twins born! Negative pregnancy test every time until IVF. Dr Craig would try every protocol for 3 months. I didn’t always do that because I was anxious to get pregnant t faster and each additional protocol had a higher success rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Amber was kind, organized, as she coordinated my entire ivf cycle.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Strengths: Efficient, organized, good communicators, prompt with sharing test results. Weaknesses: long wait time to be seen as a new patient. Call 6-8 weeks before you want to have your first appointment. After you’re an established patient, appointment making is easy.
Monitoring appointments were done first thing in the morning. Dr Craig usually did ultrasounds. If she wasn’t available, another doctor did it. If no physicians were available, I saw a pa or nurse. That only happened once during the course of my treatment.
My insurance covered most of it. I paid $50 copay every visit.
She told us the risks and benefits but left it up to us. She did say that most people choose multiple embryo transfer but the official recommendation was a single transfer. after we made the decision to transfer 2, our decision was never questioned.
2011 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
2011 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
There is not a better doctor out there than Dr LaTasha Craig. From the first time she said hello I knew I was cared about. She truly cares about her patients. She is genuine and honest and takes time to explain everything. She is a shoulder to cry on when results aren't as I would have wished and she celebrated with us when we found out we were expecting! We have now adopted her as family because of the way she made us feel. I highly recommend her to everyone!
Please, please, please give Dr Craig a call and book an appointment with her! You will be in the best hands possible! She cares about each of her patients!
Dr Craig is the most genuine person I know. She celebrates your joys with you and sympathizes during your sorrows. I don't think there is a better doctor out there! She is now family!
I don't remember the exact protocol but we discovered that I had very few eggs left especially of good quality. She set my expectations that we may not make it to egg retrieval but she would give it everything she had. We made it to egg retrieval and I am now the mom of twin boys!
Describe your experience with your nurse at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. (Assigned nurse: Constance Wharton)
The entire team, especially Connie Wharton and Cynthia Prieto, were so caring and warm and wonderful! They made me feel welcome and were genuinely happy to see us at every visit. Very organized and understanding of my dislike of having my blood taken. They were careful and accommidating.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
Large office, very clean and well taken care of. The men's clinic is across the hall so men don't have to feel like they are in the wrong office. The staff is very caring. I can't find anything negative to say about this clinic
My medication was more expensive than the egg retrieval and embryo transfer
I only had two embryos and I begged for both to be implanted together. Due to my age and financial situation as well as everything we had been thru, Dr Craig agreed to the multiple embryo transfer
Oklahoma City
I really appreciate the way Dr. Craig communicates. You can see the passion she has for her profession and she’s optimist yet realistic and she doesn’t leave room for uncertainty. You can tell that she takes the time to review each patient’s file and she never makes us feel like she’s in a hurry.... Since we’re primarily dealing with MFI, she’s been so great about working with my husband’s urologist and she’s kept everyone on the same page.
Have an open heart and mind.
Dr. Craig makes us feel like we’re her only patients every time we are at her office. She was honest, straightforward and informative.
We are very much still in the middle of treatment. Since we’re primarily dealing with MFI, she’s been so great about working with my husband’s urologist and she’s kept everyone on the same page.
They all seem to work very cohesively.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
I really love working within the OU network because it has such a strong team of resources. The clinic is conveniently located, it’s very clean and everyone shows professionalism at all times. Thus far in our journey, we have not found any cons
I believe the Office visIt is $225. We are paying for everything out of pocket.
2013 - 2014
She [Dr. Craig] was the first person to give me the comfort I needed after having a miscarriage the year earlier. She was always so kind and explained all the details of what was happening. It was wonderful to have such a warm and upbeat doctor...I saw Dr.Craig at each visit and that was such an importance to me. I will forever be grateful for all she did for our family... she wanted to be more proactive with Clomid, HCG and an IUI.
2013 - 2014
She was warm and caring. She made me feel like everything would be okay and after trying for so long made me still feel hopeful that I would have a baby. She was such a strength in a time where I emptied of it. I saw Dr.Craig at each visit and that was such an importance to me. I will forever be grateful for all she did for our family.
That you will be in great hands with her. I’ve recommended many people to her.
She was the first person to give me the comfort I needed after having a miscarriage the year earlier. She was always so kind and explained all the details of what was happening. It was wonderful to have such a warm and upbeat doctor.
I had tried 8 cycles of clomid and two with HCG shots. The 8th one resulted in pregnancy but soon after a miscarriage. So when I was ready to try again the following year she wanted to be more proactive with Clomid, HCG and an IUI.
Best nursing staff ever! So friendly and helpful along the way.
Describe your experience with OU Physicians Reproductive Health.
I had a wonderful experience at OU. In such a difficult time they were a bright light that continually made me feel hopeful. They were quick with results and appointment times always worked with my schedule.