5.3

Lansing
1515 Lake Lansing Road, Suite F
Lansing, MI 48912

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Dr gago just remembered all her patients and you are respected and treated very compasionate...She gave me alot of strategies to get through the ivf process and was helpful and did the best that they could...The only thing I didn't like about the whole frustrating procedure was that I kept on miss carrying...always were nice and helpful with everything
They [Gago Center for Fertility - Brighton] were awesome at everything I had no complaints. They always were nice and helpful with everything. I couldn't ask for a better staff. They worked with .e on payments and that helped alot.i was just so grateful that I got to go through the process. But I wish that I would have had better luck to concieve
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
I had a great experience very helpful. All of her staff is like family. Each visit was fast and easy they talked to me like I was a family member. The only thing I didn't like about the whole frustrating procedure was that I kept on miss carrying. And they were all hugging me and right with me and it helped
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Be patient and try not to think about the whole process too much. Miscarriage can happen
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Gago Center for Fertility.
They were the best nursing staff I could ask for
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
They were awesome at everything I had no complaints. They always were nice and helpful with everything. I couldn't ask for a better staff. They worked with .e on payments and that helped alot.i was just so grateful that I got to go through the process. But I wish that I would have had better luck to concieve
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility.
12,000for ivf and 3,500 per transfer and like 6,000for all medicine for ivf process and transfer
Describe Laura April Gago's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gago Center for Fertility.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr Gago is very knowledgeable. She moves VERY quickly. I tell people that they need to be firm and ask all questions until things are clear. She makes assessments quickly but will slow down if asked to. ... We used estrogen then low dose hcg with gonal f, cetrotide and onmitrope. Triggered with ovidrel and lupron. After retrieval bromocriptine and progesterone.
The financial coordinator [at Gago Center for Fertility] is short and somewhat rude. The front desk staff always seems stressed and inconvenienced. The nurses that do the blood draws and ultrasounds are wonderful. No pain and they are very nice and caring. The costs are very high. ... Very abrupt. When asked questions she gave answers very quickly that didn’t make me feel comfortable with her answers. Like she was annoyed that I had any questions.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Be vocal. Ask all questions needed. If there are any concerns, bring them up.
The doctor herself always treated daringly and like a human. Her staff sometimes shuffles people through like a number.
Describe the protocols Laura April Gago used in your cycles at Gago Center for Fertility and their degree of success.
I don’t know the name of the protocol. We used estrogen then low dose hcg with gonal f, cetrotide and onmitrope. Triggered with ovidrel and lupron. After retrieval bromocriptine and progesterone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gago Center for Fertility.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
The financial coordinator is short and somewhat rude. The front desk staff always seems stressed and inconvenienced. The nurses that do the blood draws and ultrasounds are wonderful. No pain and they are very nice and caring. The costs are very high.
Base cost for me was $14770. I feel like I have completely overpaid.
We only had one pgs normal embryo to transfer. Prior to the process Dr Gago explainer all risks for multiples and we agreed single transfer would be best.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr Gago had a great talk with me the first time we spoke and she made me feel comfortable...very helpful and informative. I think I had alot to learn about fertility and I'm thankful for the staff that was patient and helpful with me.. ask questions so you can understand what you are getting into and review the information that they give you.
It's [Gago Center for Fertility] a smaller clinic than other big hospitals. Try to be receptive of the information that they give you and ask for updated information to keep yourself in the loop as you go. Get to know which staff members are helpful and ask to speak with them...[nurses] were helpful when they could be...wanted you to call the first day of your cycle to make appointments.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago was very helpful and informative. I think I had alot to learn about fertility and I'm thankful for the staff that was patient and helpful with me. I was just getting to understand how their business worked when our contact was ended.
Try to ask questions so you can understand what you are getting into and review the information that they give you.
I did not work with them to long. They wanted you to call the first day of your cycle to make appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Gago Center for Fertility.
They were helpful when they could be.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
It's a smaller clinic than other big hospitals. Try to be receptive of the information that they give you and ask for updated information to keep yourself in the loop as you go. Get to know which staff members are helpful and ask to speak with them.
My health insurance company covered alot of it.
Brighton

Dr Gago was willing to listen to our concerns. We were first diagnosed with male factor infertility by another doctor ... Dr Gago is a lovely lady, she is willing to listen and address any concerns that I may have. ... I had adopted embryos that were transferred so for me I used a typical protocol: estradiol tablets, baby aspirin & progesterone in oil (first transfer), vaginal progesterone (second transfer). Dr Gago had me to vaginal probiotics for the second transfer as well.
The financial person [Gago Center for Fertility] was not very helpful but the portal allows to pay bills online. At the same time the portal is not the greatest at showing anything regarding past treatment or results (other than past & current appointments). The great thing is if you schedule blood work or ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning you are not waiting a long time to get that done.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr Gago is a lovely lady, she is willing to listen and address any concerns that I may have. She allowed me to order medication from overseas which reduced some of the cost of my medications that I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr Gago has 3 clinics that she works out of, therefore she is a busy doctor. Call early because it takes 3-4 weeks to see her because she gets booked fast. Once you are a patient, things tend to move pretty quickly. The nurses are really good and stay on top of most treatment plans. It's best that you stay on top of the medication protocols, double check things because sometimes things fall out of their radar and not everything gets communicated clearly. You are your best advocate!
Dr Gago was willing to listen to our concerns. We were first diagnosed with male factor infertility by another doctor and came to her as patients ready to do frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos. Dr.Gago took the time, care to make sure that my uterus was in good condition before starting the treatment to to transfer the embryos.
I had adopted embryos that were transferred so for me I used a typical protocol: estradiol tablets, baby aspirin & progesterone in oil (first transfer), vaginal progesterone (second transfer). Dr Gago had me to vaginal probiotics for the second transfer as well. First and second transfers were pretty much identical otherwise (first transfer resulted in 1 live birth while the second transfer resulted in miscarriage).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gago Center for Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Rivord)
The nurse coordinator was amazing at responding (via e-mail or voicemail) to my questions or concerns. She helped me figure out the medication protocol and the scheduling of the second cycle (she was not working at the clinic for my first cycle and did not have anyone to explain to me the medication protocol). The care staff was great as well - I didn't have to wait a long time to see them, like I would have to wait for Dr. Gago (which makes sense, she was always catching up on her patients).
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Front desk person sometimes forgets to return calls. The financial person was not very helpful but the portal allows to pay bills online. At the same time the portal is not the greatest at showing anything regarding past treatment or results (other than past & current appointments). The great thing is if you schedule blood work or ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning you are not waiting a long time to get that done.
For the frozen embryo transfer we paid $4,000 the first cycle. Everything outside of the actual transfer it depended on our insurance coverage (which wasn't much). For the second frozen embryo transfer we got a discounted fee as a returning patient $3,200.
The doctor allowed us to decide if we wanted to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. Given that I am under 35 years old and I did not have any issues with my health she was ok with us transferring 2 embryos since that is what we wanted.
What specific things went wrong at Gago Center for Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Gago Center for Fertility.
For my first transfer, I was not told about the transfer date until I called in and asked about my cycle schedule. I was stressed because I had to make sure my medication arrived on time (since I ordered it late) for me to start my cycle on time with no delays.