Nurse available by email
ResidencyUCLA
FellowshipOHSU
2701 NW Vaughn St, Suite 205
Portland, OR 97210
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laura Greenberg to a friend?

6.5

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Synergy Women's Health Care to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
After working with her [Dr. Laura Greenberg] the past several months, I can tell you she is compassionate but extremely level headed and experienced. She doesn't jump to conclusions or push treatment and is understanding. I enjoyed working with her and she helped me feel relaxed and calm about surgery. I appreciate that she gave me the option of how much detail she went into about risks and really took a lot of time with me leading up to the surgery to talk through things.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
I admit I originally had a negative view of Dr Greenberg because I am someone that likes to talk through everything and deal with a compassionate doctor. I trusted her as a doctor but was not sure she would hear me out and guide me with my best interests in mind. After returning to continue original diagnostics and have more of a fertility discussion, I concluded the reason my first visit felt negative was because she had it as a new patient annual exam. And therefore was not prepared to spend the time talking through all my options which is why I felt rushed and a lack of compassion. After working with her the past several months, I can tell you she is compassionate but extremely level headed and experienced. She doesn't jump to conclusions or push treatment and is understanding. I enjoyed working with her and she helped me feel relaxed and calm about surgery. I appreciate that she gave me the option of how much detail she went into about risks and really took a lot of time with me leading up to the surgery to talk through things. If I decide to pursue one more IUI before IVF, I would likely work with her over the clinic I'm currently with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
If you want matter of fact, clinical, a starting place for exploring fertility treatments, this is a good place to start. Her approach is efficient and I like that she doesn’t jump right to IVf or making assumptions about fertility or push you to IVf like a lot of fertility clinics do. This is likely because she is a specialist at a women’s health clinic not a fertility clinic. Which is precisely what I wanted when I started exploring my options again. I didn’t want to unnecessarily escalate it to the next level and I think she is a good doctor to start with and work with if you do not need IVF. (such as treating women's health and underlying causes/surgery, clomid only cycles, or IUI)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
Originally, I felt she didn’t want to hear my story, where I was coming from, where I was in my journey, whcih made me feel like a number. After years of treatments with my ex-husband and taking a break after a divorce, I wanted to explore where my fertility is and what my options are. She didn’t really want to discuss anything. Ran tests and gave me pamphlets for sperm donors. I followed through with my early diagnostics with her and got treatment recommendations and my experience improved throughout my interactions. I learned my AMH is much lower than it should be but she treated me with compassion and explained why it doesn't lessen my chances of a viable pregnancy right now. After several months of unexplained fluid in the uterus and increased pain, I had surgery and she was compassionate and I trusted her implicitly throughout the course of treatment. I think I originally felt like more of a number because of the office and their policies, not because of her as a doctor. I still have issues with some of the ways the office does things, including financial, but I would highly recommend her as an experienced doctor who made me feel comfortable as a first step in diagnosis and possibly if pursuing IUI's.
Describe the protocols Laura Greenberg used in your cycles at Synergy Women's Health Care and their degree of success.
Her initial evaluation was that I could do IUIs with injectibles but that I definitely have a shortened timeline. She wouldn't recommend several IUIs because of the cost and my history of them not working. However, she performed a laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, and D&C to treat underlying causes and I have seen many positive changes since that surgery. I am really happy with that decision and think it will give me the past chance at success with whatever course of action I choose
Describe your experience with Synergy Women's Health Care.
It doesn't always seem like everyone is clued into what is happening and they definitely put finances above patient needs or having compassion towards patients. I understand they need to get paid and make money but demanding prepayment for something the patient will not end up owing seems like poor policy to me and is onerous to the patient. That being said, the people you deal with in the front office are generally kind. I just think it's a policy problem and lack of ability to be logical/rational in certain situations.
Vaughn-Portland

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care.

Dr. Greenberg was good at listening but her bedside manner was coldish and we didn't know since she was our first experience. ... instead we feel like we wasted 2 years of our lives hoping and she really didn't know as much as other professionals in her field do. ... This was a while ago, but the strategy never changed. ... While I did appreciate her candor, she also could have offered more education and explanation to help with future IUIs and their success..instead we felt like we were just shooting an arrow blind and hoping something would hit.
How was your experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
Again, Dr. Greenberg was good at listening but her bedside manner was coldish and we didn't know since she was our first experience. Now after meeting with some other specialists, we're left thinking, "wow, I wish Dr. Greenberg had told us this or explained that..." instead we feel like we wasted 2 years of our lives hoping and she really didn't know as much as other professionals in her field do. While I did appreciate her candor, she also could have offered more education and explanation to help with future IUIs and their success..instead we felt like we were just shooting an arrow blind and hoping something would hit.
Please please please, just don't settle if she's the first one you're visiting. Get a second opinion and learn more about your options. You may like her and that's great, but for us, after meeting with other Drs, I just wish we had taken the time to meet with others as well. We would have saved a lot of heartache, time and money.
Dr. Greenberg was good at listening but was also not what I would call a "warm and fuzzy person." While I did appreciate her candor, she also could have offered more education and explanation to help with future IUIs and their success..instead we felt like we were just shooting an arrow blind and hoping something would hit.
This was a while ago, but the strategy never changed. It was always 1) take progesterone and clomid 2)test for ovulation and let them know when you're ovulating 3) come in and have the IUI done 4) hope for the best Sometimes, I never knew, do I let you know when the smiley face is blinking or solid, should this happen the day of, the day after, what? Usually they would just plug you in when they had an opening which never felt very scientific.
I didn't really interact with any nurses. I would get my blood drawn, but mainly you do interact with Dr. Greenberg directly. That, I guess is the positive!
Describe your experience with Synergy Women's Health Care.
Strengths: Small clinic feel, online portal for your info and communication, less than a month wait to get in Weaknesses: They have since moved office locations, and it does feel a lot more professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care.
Costs were reasonable. For what we were doing costs seemed good. I think that's why we went with the first person we looked into. The price was right! But not covered by my healthcare which is nothing to do with them. The costs seemed very reasonable.

European, Other
How was your experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
She was very thoughtful and empathetic when we met with her for a consultation. We appreciated that she offered several options for treatment. She did give us a diagnosis of "unexplained infertility," which gave us a bit of an answer to our issues. We did our 1st IUI with Dr. Greenburg and I felt like she didn't fully prepare us for it. I would have appreciated had she gone over ovulation tests and how to use them. She just told us to call when we got a positive ovulation test. We ended up misreading the test and did our IUI too early. During several of our appointments, my husband asked questions that we felt she blew off. We got the impression that she did not take us seriously. It felt like she did not appreciate questions and that we should just take what she says at face value because she's the doctor. My husband likes to know the reason behind everything, so he was displeased with the lack of answers. We were supposed to do a second IUI with Dr. Greenberg. We were going to be on a vacation during the IUI and had found a Dr. in our vacation location to do the IUI. Dr. Greenberg said she'd call in a referral for us, but she forgot and we missed out on our second IUI.
Follow up on everything. Do not assume she will do what she says she will and make sure that you are getting the care you asked for.
At our consultation, it felt like I was treated like a human. She listened thoughtfully and was empathetic. As we continued our treatments with her, we started to feel more like a number. It felt like she did not take our questions and thoughts seriously and did not really listen to our questions. For instance, my husband asked several questions that she basically blew off and didn't fully answer.
Dr. Greenberg prescribed Clomid for our first IUI. We did an ultrasound and our first IUI in the same day. For our second cycle, she prescribed Clomid again but failed to call in a referral for our out-of-state IUI, so we ended up just doing that cycle with Clomid and no procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Synergy Women's Health Care.
Our nurse was kind and responded quickly to the messages I sent via the office's online portal.
Describe your experience with Synergy Women's Health Care.
The clinic has changed locations several times in the last year. We went to the clinic in 2 different locations. This was through no fault of their own - their office flooded and the damage had to be repaired. I appreciated their flexibility through the flood and moving process. Even though they were scrambling to set up temporary office space, it never interfered with my appointment scheduling and the staff always had a good attitude about it when I visited.
We paid for a consultation with Dr. Greenburg, ultrasounds, one IUI, Clomid prescriptions
What specific things went wrong at Synergy Women's Health Care?
Vaughn-Portland

Dr. Greenberg is in a small homey clinic, listens to my needs and lets me know what her reccomendations are but really lets me choose my path. She is kind. Her online portal is helpful and allows me to keep in contact with her office....[Protocols] Clomid: ovulation IUI increase chances... Great office staff [Synergy Women's Health] and all inclusive for beginners with infertility. Because its a womans clinic, my husband feels awkward at times.
How was your experience with Laura Greenberg at Synergy Women's Health Care?
Come with the questions to ask.
Individualized care
Clomid: ovulation IUI increase chances
Describe your experience with your nurse at Synergy Women's Health Care. (Assigned nurse: Tammy)
Always helpful. Calls back quickly.
Describe your experience with Synergy Women's Health Care.
Small. Homey. Closes early, has to refer out if later at night or weekends. Great office staff and all inclusive for beginners with infertility. Because its a womans clinic, my husband feels awkward at times.
Lower than large clinics in the area!