Nurse available by email
ResidencyWash U. St. Louis
FellowshipWash U. St. Louis
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laura Lawrence to a friend?
9.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates to a friend?
Dr Lawrence referred to many numbers (stats) of others in my same age group and situation on many occasions. She left it up to us to decide whether or not we wanted to do a high or low dose protocol since the numbers are 50/50 for success rates. This was not something I was prepared for. I wanted her to give us an individualized treatment plan and not leave that hard decision up to us...She talks very fast and it’s not always clear what she’s talking about. She can use a lot of medicinal terms and then try and explain all of them which can get confusing. I trust her knowledge and capabilities.
They [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] have multiple locations which makes it more convenient. Dr Laurence has her own office location which makes it very nice and easy. It’s never busy. They also Have their own HSG machine and hysteroscopy capabilities so you don’t need to go to another facility if you need these tests...The nursing staff is the best! So communicative and helpful! They really take the time to advocate for you and explain everything.
How was your experience with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask her to repeat herself if needed or slow down when talking. Also I found it helpful to also consult with the nurses.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Describe the protocols Laura Lawrence used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I am currently in the middle of my first IVF cycle. Using cloned, Omni trope, follistim, Ganirelix, and Ovidrel. Using low doses of each given my age, low AMH (.95), and high FSH (13).
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They have multiple locations which makes it more convenient. Dr Laurence has her own office location which makes it very nice and easy. It’s never busy. They also Have their own HSG machine and hysteroscopy capabilities so you don’t need to go to another facility if you need these tests.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Luckily our insurance covers most of our cost. But the IVF lab isn’t under contract so we had to pay $5300 for those costs. Additional $400 for doctor fees and $2000 for PGTA testing. Meds were about $1000
Describe Laura Lawrence's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We both agreed on single transfer which we are very happy about.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

Dr. Lawrence has always taken her time to explain things in a simple yet scientific matter. She never rushes her time with us and always makes me feel like I’m the only patient she sees. She has called us after working hours to check on how we are doing and never tries to rush us into a decision. She is very caring and is very empathetic towards us and our infertility journey.... IVF recommended due to diminished ovarian reserve and low follicle antral count.
Strengths [of DFW Fertility Associates]: organization, friendliness, caring, patience, timely, available Weakness: the billing department of the clinic is sometimes hard to get in touch with. Overall this clinic is amazing. They have 3 different locations which is nice to have options. They have always answered the phone professional and were caring understanding when I was an emotional wreck. Everyone in the office seems to understand the stress that comes with infertility and treatments.
Dr. Lawrence has been amazing with us. Our first doctor was very pushy and dismissive about our emotions about this crazy journey. Moving our care to Dr. Lawrence has been the best decision for us. We drive 1.5 hours to see her and it’s always worth it. Our first consultation with she spent almost 2 hours going over history and recommendations. We knew after that appointment that we were in the right hands. She has always been very open with us about expectations which I really appreciate. I wouldn’t want her to fill our heads with dreams when it might not become reality. When our first round IVF did not result in any embryos Dr. Lawrence seemed to be just as disappointed as we were. She called and made sure my husband was available for the bad news. She was compassionate and said she already has a plan whenever we want to sit down and talk. She told us to take our time and call when we are ready to talk about next steps. I love that she has encouraged us to never rush into a decision when everything is finically and emotional draining. We love Dr. Lawrence!
She cares about this process just as much as you do. She is going to be honest with you about expectations and will recommend the best plan in order to achieve the goal of pregnancy.
IVF recommended due to diminished ovarian reserve and low follicle antral count. We requested a more reserved plan because of regilious reasons and she honored that. Plan was Cycle day 3- baseline blood work, sono, and desogen (birth control) x 10 days After completed, sonogram followed by 5 day break. Stim started with clomid 100mg x 5 days, ominitrope 33 units until retrieval Stim day 3 added Gonal F 150 units until retrieval Stim days 5 ganrelix every night until reterival and blood work/ sonogram every other day until reterival.
Very sweet and always called me back quickly. I felt like I bugged them to death sometimes and they never acted upset that I was calling again.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Strengths: organization, friendliness, caring, patience, timely, available Weakness: the billing department of the clinic is sometimes hard to get in touch with. Overall this clinic is amazing. They have 3 different locations which is nice to have options. They have always answered the phone professional and were caring understanding when I was an emotional wreck. Everyone in the office seems to understand the stress that comes with infertility and treatments. They have been more than gracious when I was emotional and stressed out about something.
$2800 to the lab for storage and cyropreservarion $7,250 for Dr. Lawrence IVF fee $500 anesthesia
She recommended single embryo transfer based on my age but we have not reached the point of a transfer yet.
Southlake

2015 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
[Dr. Lawrence is] an incredible doctor. She is passionate about what she does and truly wants the best for her patients. If one protocol doesn’t work she is will try something else for a better result. She understands that many decisions in infertility made based on finances and not desires and that this process is a huge emotional and financial burden.... Due to my age, my Dr was willing to transfer 3 non tested, day 3 embryos. We ended with one healthy boy.
This is satellite office so it’s smaller and very personal. You will know everyone very quickly. The main office [DFW Fertility Associates] is very professional looking and a lot busier. The nurses at the lab where the retrievals and transfers are done are fantastic! Especially christy!...IVF with meds is about $12000 per round... Her current sono tech Kelly is fantastic, I see her often and she is the one who calls with results
2015 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
She’s an incredible doctor. She is passionate about what she does and truly wants the best for her patients. If one protocol doesn’t work she is will try something else for a better result. She understands that many decisions in infertility made based on finances and not desires and that this process is a huge emotional and financial burden. She has given me a son and a daughter and when my son passed away she was at his bedside. I recommend her to anyone who is having trouble conceiving. She is incredible and I am very grateful for her guidance
She will do everything she can to get you pregnant! She will be your biggest cheerleader!
She came to see me in the hospital when my water broke on Christmas Eve at 21 weeks. That was above and beyond
To be honest, even though I am a nurse, I did not pay attention to the specific drugs and doses. I trust my doctor and assume she knows best. I know she did make changes throughout my 4 retrievals to maximize the results but I did not obsess over the specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Her nurse has changed a few times)
I loved her first nurse, Corbet. However she went back to hospital nursing. Her current sono tech Kelly is fantastic, I see her often and she is the one who calls with results
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This is satellite office so it’s smaller and very personal. You will know everyone very quickly. The main office is very professional looking and a lot busier. The nurses at the lab where the retrievals and transfers are done are fantastic! Especially christy!
IVF with meds is about $12000 per round
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Lawrence] has a great way of being positive and being direct. She does not sugar coat things or pretend them to be what they are not. And she allowed me to be in charge of my process, even when it went against her recommendations. She remained supportive and honest. I do not see her every visit, and her staff make up for it. She was not at one of my two IUIs because it was on the weekend and I had the on-call doctor. She has been the doctor at both retrievals. I have been very happy in her care.
I think the strength of this clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy.... Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking.
European, East Asian, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
I love Dr. Lawrence. I feel confident she knows what she is doing and has my best interest and health at heart. I don't feel like she is only doing what she wants to make her look good. She is a fast talker, so I have needed to ask her to slow down or to repeat things to make sure I understand them. And she is patient when I ask questions because I want to make sure I understand. She has a great way of being positive and being direct. She does not sugar coat things or pretend them to be what they are not. And she allowed me to be in charge of my process, even when it went against her recommendations. She remained supportive and honest. I do not see her every visit, and her staff make up for it. She was not at one of my two IUIs because it was on the weekend and I had the on-call doctor. She has been the doctor at both retrievals. I have been very happy in her care.
Ask questions and be sure you ask her to repeat herself or slow down. She is a fast talker with lots of energy!
The staff in the office are awesome. They are very kind and helpful. And they are very busy. Even still, they take the time to say hello, talk to me and see. The times I am able to talk with Dr. Lawrence, she is very kind an always seems to know where I am in my cycle. I know she has many patients, and it blows me away that she is able to remember! And it is a busy office, so I have needed to be diligent about my care and what i am doing. There have been a few times where I needed to correct the nurse about what the doctor and I had talked about for medication. She was very kind and double checked and let me know I was right. I always feel like they are compassionate and treat me well. And as a busy office, things can get confused.
During my first IUI, we did Clomid. I had a very high egg count and we were confident it would be enough. When we had a negative result, we boosted it up and tried again. When that didn't work, she was very frank and we decided to do IVF. During the first cycle, I was on 150u Menopure, 300 Gonal F, and Ganerelix. During the first 5 days I needed to drop the Menopure and start Ganerelix because I was developing too many too fast. The retrieval produced 44 eggs, 38 mature, 28 inseminated and 8 were able to be tested. We ended up with 1 normal embryo. None of us predicted this result. When we decided to do a second round to gather more eggs, she was frank about trying things differently. I went on birth control to suppress the estrogen, with the goal of it not getting too high too fast again. This was not successful, because when I went in for my baseline, I had a follicle developing. I needed to trigger and let that one go before we could proceed. Then they had me take Estrace. During this time, before I was supposed to be done, my body had a period. I went in for a baseline and we began injections. This time I did 150u Menopure for 3 days and then dropped to 75u on day 3. This was a planned strategy and was on target in order to help me not produce too much too soon. I was still taking 300 Gonol F and began Ganerelix on day 5. I am currently in the middle of this treatment, so I cannot report on the retrieval. I hope the results are better!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Jill)
Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking. I have had to ask her to double check a few things because I remembered being told something different. She has always been kind and helpful about this. When she has had to explain changes in my medication, she is very clear and succinct.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I think the strength of this clinic is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy. Be an advocate for your care and be sure you pay attention to what your process is. And don't be afraid to ask questions - they are very open to you being involved! It is a welcoming office.
IUI was about $950 plus medication. I paid for this out of pocket both times. IVF was financed with ARC. The cost was about $18,000 the first time and $15,000 the second time because we had meds left over from the first so we didn't need to buy as much. We paid for ICSI and Genetic testing for both rounds.
I have not had experience with transfer yet, as we are on our second round of retrieval.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Lawrence, herself, called after we found out my first transfer did not work and told me how bummed she was and let me ask all my questions. She is first class!.. irst I had an HSG that found polyps in my uterus and a blocked fallopian tube (at the ovary). She then scheduled me for surgery of the polyps (can't do anything about the tube) and did the procedure herself. Recovery was very minimal. Because of my age (37 at the time), she had me on max doses of the ovarian stimulation drugs pre egg retrieval and because we were dealing with a post vasectomy low sperm count, we did ICSI. 8 eggs retrieved and 2 grade BB embryos that were PGS tested as genetically perfect.
Her nurse [at , Jill is the coordinator also. She is so very knowledgeable. She makes sure she is always available for you and your questions, even if they seem silly. She never makes you feel dumb and always makes sure you are comfortable and encouraged. Her other nurse, Kelly, is also her son tech. I love Kelly too! She makes you feel comfortable and talks with you and laughs with you. Sonos are never an unpleasant experience. I always leave there office feeling good about things even after getting bad news.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I am still seeing her and getting ready for my second transfer. She looks at me and my unique hormonal and body issues and adjusts the plan to me. She is open to all questions and answers truthfully and with respect. She always has a smile on her face which makes me feel like everything is going to be OK. I know, because she tells me, that she will never give up on me and my desire to have a family!
Come with your questions ready! She will answer all of them. I took notes with the consultations (that is how I learn best) and was glad I did because she is so passionate about what she does that she gives you all the information you could ever need. Don't be afraid to ask her to slow down. She speaks really fast when she gets excited.
The office is so caring! They call me by my first name, remember my husband's name (even though they have only met him once or twice), they remember my work schedule and location, and they call me to check up on how I am doing at random. Dr. Lawrence, herself, called after we found out my first transfer did not work and told me how bummed she was and let me ask all my questions. She is first class!
First I had an HSG that found polyps in my uterus and a blocked fallopian tube (at the ovary). She then scheduled me for surgery of the polyps (can't do anything about the tube) and did the procedure herself. Recovery was very minimal. Because of my age (37 at the time), she had me on max doses of the ovarian stimulation drugs pre egg retrieval and because we were dealing with a post vasectomy low sperm count, we did ICSI. 8 eggs retrieved and 2 grade BB embryos that were PGS tested as genetically perfect. I was on the typical Estrace tablets and then added progesterone injections (injections are more reliable than pills or vaginal in achieving the appropriate and consistent levels of progesterone. We did our first transfer November 16 and it did not take. I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr. Lawrence or the clinic as everyone was shocked it did not work. They all said how perfect and smooth the transfer went. We are currently getting ready for transfer #2 and she has me on birth control for a couple weeks, Leupron injections because I made cysts my last 2 cycles for some unknown reason, and will do Estrace and Progesterone injections later in the month. I made some personal changes to my lifestyle and medications to help with success of the next transfer and my piece of mind (off the magnesium supplement for my IBSC, doing acupuncture, and seeing a chiropractor). I am very hopeful and Dr. Lawrence is very supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jill VanSlyke)
Her nurse, Jill is the coordinator also. She is so very knowledgeable. She makes sure she is always available for you and your questions, even if they seem silly. She never makes you feel dumb and always makes sure you are comfortable and encouraged. Her other nurse, Kelly, is also her son tech. I love Kelly too! She makes you feel comfortable and talks with you and laughs with you. Sonos are never an unpleasant experience. I always leave there office feeling good about things even after getting bad news.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Friendliness and knowledgeable are their strengths. Their hours are also awesome for me. I am a nurse and they will come in for me early so I don't have to miss too much work if I have to have a son or blood work on a day I work. The only down side or weakness is the girl who answers the phone. She works for Dr. Lawrence and the OBGYN that shares the office. She is not very friendly on the phone and I often feel I am bothering her when I call. I have never had contact with her in the office, just on the phone.
I believe our total will be, after medications for the entire process, one retrieval, and 2 transfers: $18,000-$20,000
She let us decide if we transferred only one embryo or 2. We chose one embryo to transfer for 2 reasons. #1 I really wanted 2 children and would have loved to have the second embryo for a second child. #2 I wanted to have no regrets incase the first did not take (which it didn't) I didn't want to loose our only 2 embryos at once.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Dr. Lawrence is extremely knowledgeable about infertility and all things related to it and IVF. She was very helpful with helping us understand everything and reexplained everything in easier terms when my husband was confused. She’s so funny and makes conversation, especially during rough procedures to help put us at ease.
I love that dr Lawrence has her own office [at DFW Fertility Associates]. There was never a long wait and they were very efficient. I would say I wish they had an extra room where they could talk and explain to patients about information. It was still private but we would have to use the nurses office if Dr Lawrence was with another patient in her office.... We got a loan for $18,000 and that has covered everything so far. If our first transfer fails, we still have money from our loan for a second transfer.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Be ready to learn a lot more about your fertility issues than you knew before. Lots of great info!
Dr. Lawrence made us feel like we were her only patients. She was well versed on infertility and gave us answers and an actual infertility diagnosis that we hadn’t been able to get. It seemed like a lot at first, but she was thourough in all her testing to make sure she new my body and why we had been experiencing infertility. She was very honest and up front about the issues we would face even with IVF but still made us feel hopeful. Her staff is so amazing too!
She ran numerous tests on me to make sure we had a proper diagnosis. She always made sure to do bloodwork and ultrasounds before each procedure. Before egg retrieval and starting meds for that, she was very upfront about letting us know that even with IVF medications there was a strong possibility that I could get little to no eggs. But she never said it was impossible. She was right because we only got 3 eggs. And because I had max dosages of all meds she recommended we freeze our eggs and wait to transfer so my body could rest and we were okay with that. As we started the process to transfer issues came up with my thyroid and blood sugar levels so she stopped the cycle until I could see an endocrinologist. We were disheartened at first, but knew that she was doing what was best for me. Even if it prolonged the journey.
Kelly and Jill were wonderful! They were/are genuinely invested in our journey and are hopeful with us. I always new what appointment/procedure was next based on the calendar they gave us. They were very clear when giving us injection instructions and made sure we knew how to do it ourselves before we were cleared to start. We will never forget them!
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I love that dr Lawrence has her own office. There was never a long wait and they were very efficient. I would say I wish they had an extra room where they could talk and explain to patients about information. It was still private but we would have to use the nurses office if Dr Lawrence was with another patient in her office.
We got a loan from an outside source that they recommended. They were very up front about cost and our options. We got a loan for $18,000 and that has covered everything so far. If our first transfer fails, we still have money from our loan for a second transfer.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Lawrence never gives information without research to back it. She is incredibly knowledgeable about the most groundbreaking technology, tests, and procedures in relation to fertility treatments. She is also kind and empathetic which has been a breath of fresh air.... It’s huge to have people that understand or have been through infertility treatment themselves and you get that with Dr. Lawrence and her staff.
DFW Fertility Associates have their own lab, very technologically advanced. Lots of great resources available to you as a patient. All major procedures are done at the same location and your embryos are stored right there at the Glen Lakes Office. They work to get you in on the weekend if needed. I don’t like that they have baby pictures hanging in the waiting room because most women suffering through infertility do not want to see baby pictures while going through treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Build a relationship with her, she really does care and want to see you be successful in treatment.
We were always treated with the utmost respect and kindness. Dr. Lawrence and her staff were very sensitive and caring when things didn’t go as planned. They made sure we were well informed and even called numerous times after hours to check on us. It’s huge to have people that understand or have been through infertility treatment themselves and you get that with Dr. Lawrence and her staff.
Round 1 of IVF: highest doses of gonal-f , micro dose lupron, menopur. Ovidrel trigger shot, egg retrieval that resulted in 7 eggs. ICSI was performed due to male factor infertility. No eggs fertilized. Round 2: gonal-f, ganirelix, and clomid. We reduced meds to help relax my body and not over work my ovaries. This cycle resulted in my body ovulating through the meds so we converted it to an iui that was not successful. Round 3: same meds as round 2, but we went to retrieval a day earlier. Retrieved 4 eggs, performs PICSI & ICSI. 1 egg fertilized. It grew to day 6, we had it genetically tested and frozen. We transferred the embryo in November 2017 and I am currently 23 weeks pregnant
Very kind and friendly. Kelley is so awesome!!
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We used ARC to finance our cycles. We bought 2 cycle plus program that included 2 cycles of IVF. Our doctor uses a global fee. They are very open and honest about billing.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?

Male Factor, Other
Laura [Dr. Lawrence] took the time to fully explain what was wrong with my uterus. She also helped us understand the percentage of Iui vs ivf would work for us. We never felt pushed one way or the other. Laura was very thorough in my diagnoses and did not leave anything up to wonder about. She was very open about the cost and she even helped make a rough schedule of IVF for us so we could understand what to plan for.
The waiting room [at DFW Fertility Associates] really needs an update the atmosphere makes you feel like you’re at some rich elderly lady’s house. The staff is fabulous. The med city location needs updating. The clinic always seems to be running on time. I have never had to wait on hold for long periods of time.... Kelly is the primary nurse I’ve had most interaction with. Kelly is always so warm and welcomes any question I might have. She goes above and beyond to find out cost information for on certain tests and treatments.
Male Factor, Other
Laura took the time to fully explain what was wrong with my uterus. She also helped us understand the percentage of Iui vs ivf would work for us. We never felt pushed one way or the other. Laura was very thorough in my diagnoses and did not leave anything up to wonder about. She was very open about the cost and she even helped make a rough schedule of IVF for us so we could understand what to plan for.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask her to repeat something and don’t be afraid to tell her you are confused or don’t understand what she’s talking about.
Laura loves to teach her patients so they truly understand all aspects of care, she did not push IVF on us she let us take the time to process and decide if we wanted to proceed with IVF.
At this time I am still in the process of ivf and cannot answer this question accurately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The waiting room really needs an update the atmosphere makes you feel like you’re at some rich elderly lady’s house. The staff is fabulous. The med city location needs updating. The clinic always seems to be running on time. I have never had to wait on hold for long periods of time.

PCOS, Other
Dr. Lawrence was to the point and didn’t waste anytime. She got us started with testing on our very first appointment. She was easy to talk to, willing to answer every question, and was reassuring the whole time. I felt so comfortable and at ease with her. Can’t wait to continue with treatment!... She made jokes, she asked my husband about his eye when he was having trouble with it, she said she wanted to value my time and we could get testing started ASAP or come another day. She chatted about my friend and her baby and remembered when they came to her for treatment.
[DFW Fertility Associates is] Easy to locate! In the Medical City hospital. Quick wait time in the waiting room. No issues. Small office but has everything you need. I’ll go somewhere else for procedures but I haven’t been to that office yet.... I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me!
PCOS, Other
Go to her!! Don’t waste time anywhere else.
So sweet! I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me! My OBs office is NOT like that at all!
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Laurence treated me like a friend. She went out of her way to let me know I was important to her. It was obvious that she had my best interest in mind. She called me numerous times to check on me or to let me know she was disappointed about our failed cycles.... First cycle we used max drugs because of my low ovarian reserve. I only produced 2 eggs that round. The next 2 cycles we used less drugs. It was more successful. We added ICSI to help with the fragmenting.
The location [of DFW Fertility Associates] is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.... the drugs varied depending on the protocol anywhere between $2000-$5500. Doctor fee was about $2500 and lab fee was about $3500.
Dr. Lawrence is very knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure i understood every detail of the treatment. I always felt like I was the only patient she had that day. She never made me feel rushed.
Be honest with her. She is very open to listening and accommodating to your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was very compassionate and knowledgeable about the IVF process. She never missed a beat. Always on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The location is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.
She said she would transfer no more than two considering my age.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Lawrence] called me at 9pm with her kids in the background the night of my retrieval to make sure I was ok. During my pregnancy she called to check on me. My husband is a phyisician also, and never once did she talk over my head and she explained EVERYTHING to us. Even with the million questions I asked every visit. She never seemed like she needed to have me hurry up and leave. I could not have gone through IVF without her. She's amazing!!...
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office [at DFW Fert Assoc - Med City], so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable...Everything was told to us upfront. There wasn't any hidden fees or last minute charges. The only thing we didn't know off hand was the cost of the medications because they varied...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She is amazing. She was understanding and compassionate. I never felt like I was just a number. She has incredible bedside manners!
You will not go wrong! Be ready with questions so will answer every one!
She would hug me every time I saw her in the office. She called me at 9pm with her kids in the background the night of my retrieval to make sure I was ok. During my pregnancy she called to check on me. My husband is a phyisician also, and never once did she talk over my head and she explained EVERYTHING to us. Even with the million questions I asked every visit. She never seemed like she needed to have me hurry up and leave. I could not have gone through IVF without her. She's amazing!!
I honestly can not remember, I do know she was cautiously aggressive with my treatment.
She only had one nurse and she was great, extremely informative.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office, so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Lawrence is awesome! She gets the fertility challenges because she has been through several of the procedures herself. She is compassionate and a great doctor, and really takes the time to listen to you....he really took the time with us learning our history and reading our records. She made us feel important, and was making sure we understood where we were in the process. I highly recommend her....Estrogen priming and microdose Lupron. Max dose of Follistim and Menopur.
Strengths - small clinic [DFW Fert Assoc], takes time with patients. Weaknesses - can run behind schedule because they really take their time with patients....Kelly is amazing. She really takes time with her patients, and gets to know them through the process. She knows her stuff, and has been doing fertility for a while so she can answer many quick questions....We used the ARC 3 cycle success plan to finance our treatment....Dr. Lawrence is a great doctor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Lawrence is a great doctor. We have not started our IVF procedure yet with her but we are already impressed. She really took the time with us learning our history and reading our records. She made us feel important, and was making sure we understood where we were in the process. I highly recommend her.
Ask questions...if you don't understand why she wants to do something. Ask her to explain why and show research to prove what she wants to do.
Estrogen priming and microdose Lupron. Max dose of Follistim and Menopur.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Strengths - small clinic, takes time with patients. Weaknesses - can run behind schedule because they really take their time with patients.
We used the ARC 3 cycle success plan to finance our treatment.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
First IUI [with Dr. Laura Lawrence] we did clomid and then a trigger shot. Since I had recurrent loss, I started progesterone right after the IUI. I tested negative that round and on my next baseline sono there was a cyst so I did 2 weeks of birth control. The cyst cleared so we did another IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot. It was successful!.. Lawrence was so warm and welcoming! She has a great sense of humor which made us feel so comfortable. She never pushed us to do something we didn’t want to do.
This clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is an excellent facility. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The clinic is comfortable. We really loved everything about the process. The office itself is a little dated but that didn’t bother us.... Each IUI was about $900.... First IUI we did clomid and then a trigger shot. Since I had recurrent loss, I started progesterone right after the IUI. I tested negative that round and on my next baseline sono there was a cyst so I did 2 weeks of birth control. The cyst cleared so we did another IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot. It was successful!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She was straight to the point of getting us pregnant! She did not want to fiddle around which was exactly what we wanted. I will trust her with all of my babies! When I went on bedrest later in my pregnancy, she came to visit and sent cookies. She truly cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is an excellent facility. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The clinic is comfortable. We really loved everything about the process. The office itself is a little dated but that didn’t bother us.
Each IUI was about $900.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Keep a list of questions [for Dr. Laura Lawrence]. She is a talker, which i like, so make sure you have yours ready so you don’t get lost in conversation and forget them...We are doing 100mg clomid with insemination. My cycles are very short and my eggs develop a little too quickly. My husband has low count, so we are giving an iui a shot before jumping into ivf...is very personable. She talks to us very openly and honestly. You can tell she has your best interests in mind.
The only thing I don’t like about the medical city location [of Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] is that it is small and for any procedures you have to go to the other office..The nurses here are top-notch. They always return my calls the same day and always call back when they say they are going to. They LISTEN to me. ... This is not a big enough con for me to want to go elsewhere. The other office is right down the street and I love dr Lawrence.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Lawrence has been great. She has had to deliver some unpleasant news to us, but did so compassionately. She gave us a heads up that IVF is likely in our future, but did not pressure us to make that decision and was willing to try however many IUIs we wanted prior to making that jump.
Keep a list of questions. She is a talker, which I like, but make sure you have yours ready so you don’t get lost in conversation and forget them.
Dr. Lawrence is very personable. She talks to us very openly and honestly. You can tell she has your best interests in mind.
My husband had very low count and I appeared to be ovulating, but there was a question on my egg quality. Dr. Lawrence was very upfront with us that IUI may not work because Clomid would not fix my short follicular phase, but she let us try it anyway. I was on 100mg of Clomid on CD 3-7. I went in for monitoring on CD 9 and 10 and had two follicles that were ready to go so I triggered the evening of CD 10 for a CD 12 IUI. On IUI days, my husband's number were less than half of what they had been on previously so our hopes were not high. Luckily, we got a positive pregnancy test 14 days post IUI!
The nurses here are top-notch. They always return my calls the same day and always call back when they say they are going to. They LISTEN to me. on CD 9 when I went in for monitoring they told me that I should come back on CD 11 for my next on since my eggs were close, but not close enough. Knowing that I normally ovulate early I asked if I could come back the next day and they happyily agreed, even though they did not think it was necessary. On CD 10 my follicles had grown 2x what they expected and we were ready to go. If Kelley had not listened to me we would have missed our chance. I am forever grateful that they let you have an opinion on your treatment.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The only thing I don’t like about the medical city location is that it is small and for any procedures you have to go to the other office. This is not a big enough con for me to want to go elsewhere. The other office is right down the street and I love dr Lawrence.
My insurance has covered all of the diagnosis testing, but iui and IVF are out of pocket. The prepaid iui is only $1000.
N/A at this time