Ohio Reproductive Medicine

Nurse available by emailDoctor, Nurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolBuenos Aires
ResidencyWayne State
FellowshipJohns Hopkins
4830 Knightsbridge Blvd.
Columbus, OH 43214
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laura Londra to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.6
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Ohio Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Dr. Londra is very passionate about what she does and she is extremely careful in raising your hopes up (at least for me). Even though sometimes it's not what you'd like to hear, but she will let you know your exact chances and explain further if necessary. I think too that she is sometimes too careful which can be good and bad too...I do have a connection and a history with Dr. Londra herself and she has always treated me like a human being and not a number.
Black or African-American, Other
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Mae sure you ask questions if you don't understand or are not sure about anything during your appointment with her before you leave. She will answer any question question you have to the best of her knowledge and if you have any doubt, be sure to let her know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
I do have a connection and a history with Dr. Londra herself and she has always treated me like a human being and not a number. Some of the nurses (not Sally) on the other hand, at one point treated me like a number and acted very rude and working in healthcare and seeing myself at the other end was not a good feeling at all. Fertility is such an emotionally and financially devastating journey that if a nurse is rude does not help but worsen matters. I only hope they know the reason and vision behind what they do as fertility nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Sally)
Sally is one of the most caring and understanding nurse that I have ever met. I don't know if it's because of her experience. She is the best nurse ORM could ask for, trust me
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Their strength is because they are close to where I live and the only one my insurance covers. Weakness, the IVF nurses treats you like a number and do not take the time to explain things to you. When they mess up for any reason, they try to pin it on you the patient. The billing department needs to be checked for the occurrence of error and over charging patients because no one is taking the time to do proper calculation and contacting insurance companies in a timely manner. Also, ORM leaders should take a look into who sits at the front desk and who answers calls attitude. For God's sake, this is a clinic not a baby buying business market.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Even though my insurance paid for part of it, it was still expensive.
Describe Laura Londra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Oh yes, she did. she would not transfer ore than one embryo which my partner and I were really against it.
What specific things went wrong at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Columbus
I felt like Dr. Londra was my friend. We didnt share our fertility challenges with anyone, but I always had her to express my feelings to. She calmed me when i was anxious and I instantly trusted her to take care of me.... I dont remember everything from memory. She started with low dose pills and closely monitored results. Each month she made adjustments, increasing dosage and adding injectibles. But, the increases were gradual and I really appreciated that.
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Don't hesitate! I was embarrassed and nervous to start treatment. But after being in her care I regret that I didnt start sooner.
Dr Londra got to know me and my husband. She had a warm bedside manner and explained treatments thoroughly. She always made me feel comfortable to ask questions and she gave honest answers.
Describe the protocols Laura Londra used in your cycles at Ohio Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I dont remember everything from memory. She started with low dose pills and closely monitored results. Each month she made adjustments, increasing dosage and adding injectibles. But, the increases were gradual and I really appreciated that. We started with the least invasibe treatment and moved up the ladder. I didnt want to take risks with multiples and she agreed. She was up front that after the treatments we'd done, IUI would not significantly increase oir chances, but let us decide if we wanted to try it. We decided to save our restricted insurance coverage for IVF. The retreival was uncomfortable, but she talked me through it. We did a fresh transfer of 1. She was out of town for a conference for the transfer, but left me in good hands and gave me her cell phone number before she left in case i had questions or just needed to hear her opinion. I was so nervous after getting blood drawn for my first pregnancy test. I was waiting on pins and needles for a nurse to call me. The call came the same afternoon as my test, and it was Dr. Londra herself! I was so thankful she took the time to call me to share the news, answer my questions, and tell me next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Sally)
Nurse Sally was great. She's been doing this for awhile so was very knowledgeable. She was compassionate and honest. Always made me feel comfortable asking questions.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The billing department was lacking in their communication and ability to follow up with my insurance company. They told me my insurance coverage wrong twice and really frustrated me. Eventually they got it straightened out.
I domt remember. My insurance covered a lot of my prescriptions, ultrasound visits, and even IVF since it was my first round. Going forward it will all be out of pocket since tge coverage for infertility has a lifetime max.
Dr. Londra shared the risks of transferring multiple embryos as well as how little multiple ones would increase the chance of pregnancy. She left the decision up to us and said they would go with what we decided. We considered transferring 2. But after speaking with her, we decided to go with 1 and are thankful for her information and advice.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
We kept testing and went in for ultrasounds to see if the baby was growing, it was not. She [Dr. Londra] told my husband and I face to face and gave me her cell phone number. Up until that point we had mostly dealt with her nurse (whom we loved). After the miscarriage she would call to check in but never pressured us to start treatment again...Ask questions. She will make time to answer all of them.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Londra was very candid throughout our treatment. She was often humorous which I appreciated. I learned a lot about my body and about pregnancy and fertility in general. She always explained what she was seeing and made sure that I also understood.
Ask questions. She will make time to answer all of them.
I became pregnant right away but my blood tests showed that it was not a viable pregnancy. She called me when the numbers did not look good. We kept testing and went in for ultrasounds to see if the baby was growing, it was not. She told my husband and I face to face and gave me her cell phone number. Up until that point we had mostly dealt with her nurse (whom we loved). After the miscarriage she would call to check in but never pressured us to start treatment again.
I don’t remember the exact names of my treatments. I remember I had an X-ray of my uterus first. I went on a drug that was for breast cancer but a side effect was that it made follicles grow and eggs mature. I took those pills for 4-5 days during my cycle and then would come in for anultrasound where my follicles would be measured. I would give myself a trigger shot when they looked good and then have sex and hope for the best.
Sally was very knowledgeable about the process. During our first round with the trigger shots, I had a different nurse because Sally was on vacation. I was pretty clueless and the nurse gave me vague directions. The next month we had Sally again and she was very precise. She told me exactly what time to give myself the shot, showed me where and how to do it, and told me exactly when to have sex. We ended up pregnant after that cycle. I would also like to say that on our first meeting, Sally told us about and applied for a grant on our behalf which went through so we did not have to pay as much in the end.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The office is very clean and receptionists are pleasant. They were usually on time during appointments. We did have to wait for an hour during our first visit because the computers were down. I think it was a fluke because every other time (about 20 visits) I went right back.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Londra was wonderful to us. She answered all our calls and made us feel important. We were confident with her. She was trustworthy, easy to understand, had a good bedside manner and was gentle. We contacted her with questions even after we conceived our daughter and she was happy to answer our questions.... She treated us like we mattered. We felt like she wanted to help us conceive and we look forward to having another cycle with her.
5 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient. Ask all the questions you want and trust her.
We used a protocol that Dr. Friedman had us on. He retired while we were doing a frozen cycle. Dr. Landry picked up where he left off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
I called the nurse almost every day. We had approximately 3 nurses. They were all knowledgeable. They communicated well and were very familiar with our course of treatment. We were very pleased with the facility as a whole.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
The facility is adequate for the procedures conducted within. They provide opportunity for every service needed including blood draws. We used a clinic closer to home as we had over an hour drive and they communicated with the clinic, even sent our information electronically in advance so we didn’t have to do anything but walk in.
We took out a personal loan. The total cost ending with one child was around 20000. We had to transfer 5 embryos after two miscarriages.
We implanted two embryos first and miscarried both. We decided to only do one after each time and had success with our last transfer.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Londra always made sure my questions were answered. She remembered personal details that made it feel more like a human relationship than her 47th ultrasound that day. She shows a great deal of care that I could achieve a pregnancy...Occasionally her accent made me misunderstand, but she was always happy to answer clarifying questions, so it was never an issue. I really appreciated the time she would spend making sure I was fully informed at each visit and had all my questions answered.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
She is so compassionate that if you’re seeking bluntness you have to ask for it. She will err on the side of cautious optimism, but she will always give me her real opinion when asked. I think it’s just good bedside manner.
During ovarian stimulation, I was self-injecting 2-3 medications each night. One of them made my skin very itchy! I don’t remember more specifics because it was over a year ago.
Sally always had all the ducks in a row, which I appreciated. Any questions I forgot to ask the doctor, she either knew the answer or found out for me. She was always quick to return phone calls.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths abound! The pharmacy, cryo lab and blood labs are in the same row of buildings so everything is convenient. For a new patient the layout is a maze, but the staff are always helpful to point you in the right direction. A few times the billing was confusing.
The procedures associated with IVF with ICSI were around $4000, and medications were an additional $1500, approximately.
She strongly recommended only transferring one embryo, but I agreed with her reasoning. I think it’s smart to keep the chances of multiples to a minimum.
Columbus
Dr. Londra was always showed empathy through the process and took time to explain each step.... Dr. Linda cares about her patient and shows such thought the process. She was kind and yet straight forward with me. On top of being so great she listened to me on what has worked and didn’t work in the past.... We started letrozole with provera and did 1 IUI to check sperm counts. She let us decide is we wanted another IUI but didn’t feel it was necessary.
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Linda cares about her patient and shows such thought the process. She was kind and yet straight forward with me. On top of being so great she listened to me on what has worked and didn’t work in the past. After the birth of my daughter we sent a picture and received a beautiful card back.
Trust her. She is a safe person to let take charge of this delicate time and process.
Sally is a perfect communicator and shows such love for what she does. Easy to talk to explains things well.
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
Good communication across the board. Easy to schedule appointment and always returned phone calls in a timely manner. Two separate waiting rooms which was confusing at first. Very minimal wait. Take a notebook and a folder I feel like sometimes you forget what happens because it can be overwhelming.
2000
Columbus
Dr londra was warm and caring, she wanted to help my wife and i conceive a child... Dr londra was extremely knowledgeable and caring, she made sure we knew what was happening every step of the way. She was positive with us but, honest. On our first two unsuccessful tries she provided kind words and motivation to keep us trying. Now we have a beautiful 6 month old boy. We are so thankful for her services
How was your experience with Laura Londra at Ohio Reproductive Medicine?
Pick her, she is amazing
Describe your experience with Ohio Reproductive Medicine.
This facility took a scary, unknown experience for us and made us feel comfortable, and gave us the skills and knowledge to create an amazing life. We are so incredibly grateful for their services and our experience there.
My insurance covered everything but the cost of the insemination and the donor specimen