Medical SchoolNYU
Tuckahoe
115 Main Street
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-793-2990
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laura Meyer to a friend?

Good

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Meyer took her time explaining the treatment plans and asking me how I felt about things moving forward. At times I felt she opted for the absolute most conservative approach, sometimes costing me months while waiting.... Antagonist protocol was used every time I cycled, with the best result the first time, average dose, yield 3 embryos. Turns out I am a poor responder (with diminished ovarian reserve). Dr opted to increase meds to max dose for 2 additional cycles with very poor results.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Be active in the direction of care you want to receive. Research your diagnoses and come to the table informed of ALL your options. Just because a clinic suggests one course of action doesn’t mean you need to accept it. At times I felt like I was being directed in a manner I wouldn’t have chosen had I been more informed. There are multiple protocols, make sure the dr is open minded to trying multiple till you find something that works for your body.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
The volume of patients makes it difficult to feel like your treatment is a priority. Bedside manner and time taken to address concerns made me feel more connected
Describe the protocols Laura Meyer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Nurses were the best part of this clinics staff- they were kind and conscientious and seems to always have my best interests at heart.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
It felt at times like a processing plant with high volumes of women passing through the dated waiting room. I wish I had done more research before choosing the clinic I would end up spending years with. I went local as I didn’t anticipate I would need as much help as I did. At times I felt like I wasn’t being listened to as an informed client. And the fact only one type of protocol was used in my case leads me to believe I could have saved years of treatment and could have had success sooner with more a appropriate protocol somewhere else. I ultimately ended up going elsewhere and had success with the first cycle on a new protocol (micro-dose lupron).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Cattle call with a full waiting room. Gina, the receptionist was always pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
I used all my insurance with dr Meyer and had to pay out of pocket for genetic screening, some additional procedures. Copay added up over time and I think the all in cost I had in addition to my “life-time allowance” with insurance was about 10k
Describe Laura Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Dr would only do single transfer, regardless of my asking to transfer 2 embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Greenwich

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.

After my first failed attempt, Dr. Meyer suggested I try something different with my second frozen transfer, and had me try a natural cycle. She made this suggestion based on seeing success with similar patients. The natural cycle involved taking crione gel inserts 3 times daily, and 1 tablet of estrace. This attempt resulted in a positive pregnancy...was an incredibly patient and supportive doctor. I had apprehension moving forward with IVF after my 3 failed IUIs, but she never discouraged me from trying something new, and was open to trying other options I inquired about, prior to moving forward with IVF.
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr.Meyer was an incredibly patient and supportive doctor. I had apprehension moving forward with IVF after my 3 failed IUIs, but she never discouraged me from trying something new, and was open to trying other options I inquired about, prior to moving forward with IVF. During the beginning stages of my IVF cycle, I went through a separate traumatic experience unrelated to my fertility. When Dr. Meyer found out from Dr.Brauer, she personally called me to ask how I was doing. I don't know any doctors that would take the time to reach out to their patients this way. I was really touched and am so appreciative for all her support.
To know that you are in safe hands, and to trust Dr. Meyer's suggestions when opting to try something different. As an example, when my first ivf transfer didn't work, Dr. Meyer suggested I try a natural cycle, based on seeing this work for patients in similar circumstances. I was nervous at first, but trusted her judgement and opted to try the crinone gel versus the progestrone shots. Now, here I am 14 weeks later in my second trimester! I'm so glad I trusted her to try something different.
Dr.Meyer, Nicole and the rest of the nurses at GF were always so friendly whenever I came in for an appointment. They all remembered my name and would ask how I was doing. Dana at the front desk was also amazing, and did an incredible job answering any questions I had whenever I called in or saw her.
My treatment based on an unexplained infertility diagnosis, involved 3 IUIs with clomid. I then requested to try Letrozole with timed intercourse. I tried Letrozole for 3 months before moving forward with IVF. For my retrieval Dr. Meyer had me take Gonal F and Menopur, which helped produce 18 eggs. 4 embryos made it to day 5 and 6, and 3 resulted in viable embryos after PGS testing. For my first frozen transfer, I took the progestrone shots which resulted in a chemical miscarriage. After my first failed attempt, Dr. Meyer suggested I try something different with my second frozen transfer, and had me try a natural cycle. She made this suggestion based on seeing success with similar patients. The natural cycle involved taking crione gel inserts 3 times daily, and 1 tablet of estrace. This attempt resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole was another reason why I trusted Greenwich Fertility so much. She was an incredible support system, and was always there for me whenever I called for questions to set my mind at ease. She would check up on me regularly even when she wasn't calling to give test results, and made me feel like I was a priority. I was very lucky to have Dr. Meyer and Nicole throughout my fertility journey.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The entire team at Greenwich Fertility was always so warm and supportive. Dana at the front desk was amazing. She was so helpful with all of my insurance frustrations, and would follow up regularly until any issues were resolved. She was also super supportive and a great voice to have at the end of the line whenever I would call in. I always preferred going to the Tuckahoe office because of Dana. While at GF, I also saw Dr. Brauer. She like Dr. Meyer truly cares for her patients, and provided me with such reassurance and support throughout my journey. All the other nurses at GF were very knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. The team is incredibly unique and unlike any doctor's office. They truly care for your well being, and the hope for a successful outcome.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer to family and or friends. She is a fabulous doctor who proceeds with respect for her patients and for the human body. I would without hesitation go back to her for future fertility treatments...I always felt that she worked within my level of comfort and preferences while guiding me to facilitate the best outcome...appropriately weighed risks and advised on SET...always took time to explain everything thoroughly and to answer any questions you had. Never felt rushed and always felt like she was most interested in ensuring you were comfortable and well informed.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
I would highly recommend Dr. Meyer to family and or friends. She is a fabulous doctor who proceeds with respect for her patients and for the human body. I would without hesitation go back to her for future fertility treatments. She is a doctor you can trust and one of a kind.
Ask questions as she is open and honest and will take the time to answer them. Trust that she has your best interest at heart.
Dr. Meyer always took time to explain everything thoroughly and to answer any questions you had. Never felt rushed and always felt like she was most interested in ensuring you were comfortable and well informed.
I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility, so Dr. Meyer recommended a progressive approach. Tried IUI, was unsuccessful, then proceeded to IVF. Did two retrievals before transfer and I am currently carrying an active and healthy pregnancy. When I requested to proceed with the transfer without additional hormones, Dr. Meyer was respectful of that. I always felt that she worked within my level of comfort and preferences while guiding me to facilitate the best outcome.
Very organized and detailed, compassionate and always followed up diligently.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Strengths - staff and doctors are caring and wonderful people. You never feel like you are a number. Strengths - several locations, so you go where it is most convenient for you on the day. Early appointment times which was great, so you could minimize time lost from work. Weaknesses - none that I can think of beyond sometimes (not often) long wait times, but that seems common with medical practices in general.
Most was covered by insurance with the exception of the PGS, for which the full amount was out of pocket.
Dr. Meyer appropriately weighed risks and advised on SET.
Greenwich

Overall a good doctor. Still definitely just starting out her practice and a bit cautious (very inclined to try less invasive procedures for longer than others)... Be clear about what you want to achieve and how aggressive you want to be with your treatment.
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Overall a good doctor. Still definitely just starting out her practice and a bit cautious (very inclined to try less invasive procedures for longer than others). With time and experience, expect her to be fantastic.
Very personal bedside manner, always had separate appointments after failed procedures to discuss next steps, good about knowing persoanl details and following up on prior discussions
Very personable and generally very helpful in accommodating schedules.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?