Good

Harrison, NY 10528
914.630.5700

1 patient review filtered by:

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Meyer took her time explaining the treatment plans and asking me how I felt about things moving forward. At times I felt she opted for the absolute most conservative approach, sometimes costing me months while waiting.... Antagonist protocol was used every time I cycled, with the best result the first time, average dose, yield 3 embryos. Turns out I am a poor responder (with diminished ovarian reserve). Dr opted to increase meds to max dose for 2 additional cycles with very poor results.
It felt at times like a processing plant with high volumes of women passing through the dated waiting room [at Greenwich Fertility]. I wish I had done more research before choosing the clinic I would end up spending years with. I went local as I didn’t anticipate I would need as much help as I did. At times I felt like I wasn’t being listened to as an informed client. And the fact only one type of protocol was used in my case leads me to believe I could have saved years of treatment and could have had success sooner with more a appropriate protocol somewhere else. I ultimately ended up going elsewhere and had success with the first cycle on a new protocol (micro-dose lupron).
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Be active in the direction of care you want to receive. Research your diagnoses and come to the table informed of ALL your options. Just because a clinic suggests one course of action doesn’t mean you need to accept it. At times I felt like I was being directed in a manner I wouldn’t have chosen had I been more informed. There are multiple protocols, make sure the dr is open minded to trying multiple till you find something that works for your body.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
The volume of patients makes it difficult to feel like your treatment is a priority. Bedside manner and time taken to address concerns made me feel more connected
Describe the protocols Laura Meyer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Nurses were the best part of this clinics staff- they were kind and conscientious and seems to always have my best interests at heart.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
It felt at times like a processing plant with high volumes of women passing through the dated waiting room. I wish I had done more research before choosing the clinic I would end up spending years with. I went local as I didn’t anticipate I would need as much help as I did. At times I felt like I wasn’t being listened to as an informed client. And the fact only one type of protocol was used in my case leads me to believe I could have saved years of treatment and could have had success sooner with more a appropriate protocol somewhere else. I ultimately ended up going elsewhere and had success with the first cycle on a new protocol (micro-dose lupron).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Cattle call with a full waiting room. Gina, the receptionist was always pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
I used all my insurance with dr Meyer and had to pay out of pocket for genetic screening, some additional procedures. Copay added up over time and I think the all in cost I had in addition to my “life-time allowance” with insurance was about 10k
Describe Laura Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Dr would only do single transfer, regardless of my asking to transfer 2 embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Laura Meyer