5.6

Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai / NYU
Columbia

Laurel Stadtmauer works at

The IVF Center (formerly Fertility C.A.R.E.)

Winter Park
5901 Brick Court
Winter Park, FL 32792

2020, Unsuccessful
If you are looking for a very intelligent doctor who has lots of experience, she [Dr. Stadtmauer] is it. She diagnosed me in seconds of testing and got right to the details and course. If you don’t want blunt info, she is not for you. She got right to the point, has been down this road with thousands of couples, and had a very scientific way about going things. Not totally nurturing and motherly if you are looking for that. She does know her stuff though!
Overall clinic [Jones Inst for Repro Med] is amazing! They have so much knowledge, everything for the most part is in one building, and they have a reputation. Only negative I have is the communication. I had a hard time getting a hold of someone in my early stages of IUI and for someone new to the game, that was frustrating. Seems like they have figured some of those glitches out but occasionally hard to get a hold of someone.
How was your experience with Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
If you are looking for a very intelligent doctor who has lots of experience, she is it. She diagnosed me in seconds of testing and got right to the details and course. If you don’t want blunt info, she is not for you. She got right to the point, has been down this road with thousands of couples, and had a very scientific way about going things. Not totally nurturing and motherly if you are looking for that. She does know her stuff though!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
Make sure you break through the statistics and knowledge she has to show who you are as a human/woman.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
She was very blunt but I appreciate that. She saw how emotional I was and did what she could to help the process along. Only reason I didn’t put 100% human because I felt like it was somewhat clinically and not 100% based on me.
Describe the protocols Laurel Stadtmauer used in your cycles at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed) and their degree of success.
I went to this doctor for initial discussion and testing which included pelvic ultrasound, HCG test, and blood work. Then we set up the plan from there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Heather Houston )
I only had 2 negatives. One was lack of communication. You have to communicate through a portal which ended up being great but in the beginning when I had no idea what was going on, communication was horrible and I had to call and stalk the nurse. Once we got into a grove it was much easier but you have to advocate for yourself. Second was when I had a question about a medication that I wasn’t aware of, I got a short answer on their end. Overall they were amazing but this one time the nurse talked to me like I should know exactly what’s going on. I know she deals with it all day everyday but I had no idea and it was my first time.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
Overall clinic is amazing! They have so much knowledge, everything for the most part is in one building, and they have a reputation. Only negative I have is the communication. I had a hard time getting a hold of someone in my early stages of IUI and for someone new to the game, that was frustrating. Seems like they have figured some of those glitches out but occasionally hard to get a hold of someone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
In no fault to them (my insurance) I had to pay out of pocket for my fertility drugs and will have to pay for IVF. Other than that it was covered and I only payed around 20% of the costs
Describe Laurel Stadtmauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
Unknown. Didn’t get that far
Norfolk
I was very happy on how caring she [Dr. Laurel Stadtmauer] was in the process of ivf and how long it will take to recover after egg retrieval in April and that with Covid-19 I have waited until I can come bto do my frozen transfer when I could do it again. ... Gonnal-F pen, ganirelex, and the protocols and how to do the shots and wasn't that hard to do.
The clinic doesn't have any weakness that I saw. The strengths they have is calling you back right away that way you now what the next steps will be with ivf and when to do your shots and they get you in and out in timely matter. ... [the nursing staff] Very nice and understanding and caring. ... Doing a frozen embryo was better because of quilty.
I was very happy on how caring she was in the process of ivf and how long it will take to recover after egg retrieval in April and that with Covid-19 I have waited until I can come bto do my frozen transfer when I could do it again.
That Laurel stadtmauer would be a good doctor to help them through everything.
I felt cared for and she understood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Lena and Heather)
Very nice and understanding and caring.
My health insurance covered most of it
Doing a frozen embryo was better because of quilty.
Virginia Beach

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
I began seeing dr stadtmauer in 2016 for fibroids and she has been managing my care since then. There have been a few instances where it seemed she wasnt aware of everything that was going on but overall she has been a great dr... [Protocols] 300 units of gonal f and 150 units of menopur nightly. Cetrotide each morning. It was not explained to me why this protocol was best... Jones is a good place. The only downfall which really didnt bother me is that you may not always see the same dr.
Jones is a good place. The only downfall which really didnt bother me is that you may not always see the same dr. I would also encourage people to ask questions so that you are not missing anything. The staff is all friendly and welcoming.... Lena kept me informed throughout the entire process. She showed me how to take all my medications and helped me order them as well. She even visited me on transfer day.... Because I had not met deductibles I had to pay out of pocket for my 1st round of meds.
Ask lots of questions, don't wait to be told
The staff at Jones is great. They always greet me by name when I come to the office. There were some instances when Dr Started seemed as if she didnt remember everything that was going on, but overall I enjoyed my care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Lena S)
My employer covers ivf 100% for three cycles. Because I had not met deductibles I had to pay out of pocket for my 1st round of meds.
Norfolk

She [Dr. Laurel Stadtmauer] is very knowledgeable in every aspect of infertility. She may be a bit hard to communicate with but when it comes down to it I trust her ability to point me in the right direction. She takes every question I have and gives me the honest answers that I would expect while going through infertility...She shows empathy and has complete knowledge of my past attempts. I don’t feel like I have to reiterate my journey every appointment.
Including a clinical IVF trial about $10,000 not including medication [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...Phone calls are a bit tough to be returned but other then that I have no complaints. From the front desk to the waiting room you feel comfortable and welcomed. It’s not the fanciest facility but I’d rather have old chairs and office decor old and have the money go into equipment and an incredible staff then a fancy place with a terrible staff.
She is very knowledgeable in every aspect of infertility. She may be a bit hard to communicate with but when it comes down to it I trust her ability to point me in the right direction. She takes every question I have and gives me the honest answers that I would expect while going through infertility.
Have patience.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
The nurses are incredible and truly care for each patient.
Including a clinical IVF trial about $10,000 not including medication.
Norfolk

Dr Stadtmauer is very knowledge however when first meeting her, she was very hard to read and it was a little hard to keep the conversation going. She’s very question/answer not elaborative. I found that it was best to write down my questions when meeting with her regarding treatment and next steps...We were identified as unexplained, therefore, the game plan was to just try IUIs with femara, ovidrel and then follow up with progesterone. We did this three times under the treatment of Stadtmauer which resulted in no positive pregancies.
This practice [Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] sees so many patients every single day & you can feel and see that in how they communicate and execute your treatment. Although there is very little to no warm and cozy feeling - these doctors know their stuff...I was prescribed two different progesterone medications which included peanut oil. I have a severe allergy to peanuts which I made the clinic very aware of...although you have multiple professionals looking at your specific case, they don’t know or remember if you have specific needs because they haven’t been your primary care doctor the whole time.
Write down everything that comes to mind and go into her office with it. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with all of the information and you can go down one trail of discussion and completely forget to get it all out before leaving the office.
This practice sees so many patients every single day & you can feel and see that in how they communicate and execute your treatment. Although there is very little to no warm and cozy feeling - these doctors know their stuff.
There are so many doctors here and although that’s great, sometimes everything feels less personable because you might not see your specific doctor each visit. I also feel like that’s a good and bad thing because although you have multiple professionals looking at your specific case, they don’t know or remember if you have specific needs because they haven’t been your primary care doctor the whole time. The office is clean, professional and the doctors themselves are extremely smart, however, there is no sugar coating or hand holding.
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
Virginia Beach

2015, Successful
I have had a very good experience with Dr. Stadtmauer. She has answered every question I have and helped me in whatever I needed... Be your own advocate. I did have to ask for some specific tests to be done but she's always willing to listen and hear you out.
She [Dr. Stadtmauer] has answered every question I have and helped me in whatever I needed. It has been a great experience. My only complaint is really with the office. They try to get back but when it comes to the coordinators it is sometimes like pulling teeth....
I have had a very good experience with dr. Stadtmauer. She has answered every question I have and helped me in whatever I needed. It has been a great experience. My only complaint is really with the office. They try to get back but when it comes to the coordinators it is sometimes like pulling teeth....
I really felt like Dr stadtmauer could pick me out of a line up and call me out by name.