5.6

Albert Einstein
Mount Sinai / NYU
Columbia

Laurel Stadtmauer works at

The IVF Center (formerly Fertility C.A.R.E.)

Winter Park
5901 Brick Court
Winter Park, FL 32792

During my first appointment with Dr. Stadtmauer, she was very attentive, understanding, and communicated well with me. I had a good knowledge of my diagnosis and she was able to answer my questions more directly, while giving me a piece of mind and reassuring me she was confident in treatment options, which was very relieving....So far, I have used Letrozole and Clomid to help release mature follicles before IUI. Because I have PCOS, I do not ovulate on my own and have to take Progesterone to bring on my cycle.
Reaching the clinic [Jones - Norfolk] via the phone is very easy, straight forward, and a wonderful experience. The receptionist and nurses are pleasant and helpful over the phone. The portal online has been a good resource to use, although a few times I have gotten delays in responses a little longer than expected or hoped....Dr. Stadtmauer's billing team has done a fantastic job making sure billing procedure codes are properly done to ensure coverage is effective.
How was your experience with Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
I loved Dr. Stadtmauer and her communication. She never lets me speak negatively and is always assuring me there are new medications and treatments to try. She reminds me my diagnosis is common, I am young, and she has more positive outcomes than negative outcomes in my case and is always excited to see me and start another round. She makes me excited to come and see her and not dread another failed cycle like I have in the past.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
Be open! She is there to communicate with and she will not be able to fully express her medical advice and expertise if you don't explain all the problems. She is VERY knowledgeable and very willing to take the next step to ensure her patients are happy and comfortable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
During my first appointment with Dr. Stadtmauer, she was very attentive, understanding, and communicated well with me. I had a good knowledge of my diagnosis and she was able to answer my questions more directly, while giving me a piece of mind and reassuring me she was confident in treatment options, which was very relieving. The only downfall I would have to say was that due to having to come multiple times a week for appointments and measurements, I would sometimes see other physicians who were not updated on my care or aware of my concerns and diagnosis at all, almost as if they had not read my chart at all. I did not have a problem seeing another physician, but was never notified, and struggled to communicate and get my questions answered when meeting with someone other than Dr. Stadtmauer.
Describe the protocols Laurel Stadtmauer used in your cycles at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed) and their degree of success.
So far, I have used Letrozole and Clomid to help release mature follicles before IUI. Because I have PCOS, I do not ovulate on my own and have to take Progesterone to bring on my cycle. Because of this, I can go months with no cycle, resulting in very heavy cycles once I take the Progesterone. Dr. Stadtmauer was able to help track my follicle growth and measurements of my lining to ensure proper timing of ovulation, as heavy cycles resulted in longer cycles and threw of normal schedules. Unfortunately, after three cycles of Letrozole, she was unable to find mature follicles to be released by the trigger shot so we are going to repeat this process with Clomid next month.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
The nurses were all very supportive and always showed compassion and were very uplifting even after appointments with not so great news. They always had smiling faces, know me by name, and are always VERY helpful via phone, in office and in the exam rooms.
Describe your experience with Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
Reaching the clinic via the phone is very easy, straight forward, and a wonderful experience. The receptionist and nurses are pleasant and helpful over the phone. The portal online has been a good resource to use, although a few times I have gotten delays in responses a little longer than expected or hoped. Wait times have been average, although they could be better. Getting an appointment is sometimes hard, but with a busy office that is expected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurel Stadtmauer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
The office visits with Dr. Stadtmauer were covered by my insurance, with just a copay being patient responsibility. The ultrasound appointments were covered and billed correctly, which was a relief, as some in the past have been billed as experimental and not covered. All lab tests have been covered as well. Dr. Stadtmauer's billing team has done a fantastic job making sure billing procedure codes are properly done to ensure coverage is effective. I have gotten a break down of costs up front before vists and ultrasounds with the price in case my insurance was to deny or not cover the services so I am aware of the costs before the services are rendered.
Describe Laurel Stadtmauer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
This has not been an option in my care yet.
Norfolk

Dr. Stadtmauer is very clinical in her approach to patient care - I would say limited on the warm and fuzzies - but you can tell she has compassion and empathy for her patients. And she is very, very knowledgable about fertility issues and felt like she never spoke down to me or was short with me when I asked a hundred questions.... she's not the hand-holding, warm and fuzzy type of doctor. But I did not need that at all since this was my third cycle and I felt pretty good about what to expect at that point.
Strengths - very smart, patiently answers all questions, is direct and no-nonsense and explains everything very well. Weaknesses - she's not the hand-holding, warm and fuzzy type of doctor. But I did not need that at all since this was my third cycle and I felt pretty good about what to expect at that point.
She's no nonsense.
The nursing staff were very warm. They take the time to answer all your questions and they are incredibly responsive via the portal. Same day, if not within hours, usually!
Jones' strength is that they are part of a Medical School, so a few times I had students in the room during appointments and some procedures. The Doctor will ask you first if you are comfortable with the student in the room. I liked that Jones is part of a Medical School because I felt like they would be at the cutting-edge of research. They are also doing studies at the clinic, and I would have participated if I qualified because I wanted to help study fertility (and also get some discounts!). I loved that there was a team of doctor's so I never had to worry about my doctor being sick the day of a transfer or retrieval (this is the stuff you worry about at a solo-doctor clinic after you spend tens of thousands on a drug protocol for the weeks leading up to "the big day".) I also liked how there was more than one doctor looking at my case because you get more expertise weighing in. Weakness would be the clinical setting if you want a super sensitive, hand-holding experience.
We qualified for a "buy two cycles, get your third for free - or receive half your money back" program and that put my mind at ease!
I only had one embryo to use so this does not apply.
Virginia Beach
Dr Stadtmauer always makes me feel like we have options, even if it’s not what we first imagined.... She’s not phased by surprises or needs to make adjustments to plans, which really helps to keep me calm. When I didnt respond fast enough to the first round of IVF stimulation, she quickly changed course, adjusted meds, and moved forward. She also provided me with natural supplements (at my request) instead of more pills when I wanted to deal with blood sugar issues.
The Jones Institute has a wonderful reputation and is extremely convenient. And the nursing team in the clinic OR is spectacular. But with only one IVF coordinator nurse, it can be hard to get a hold of someone if you want to ask questions and receive immediate feedback. You have to be a patient patient.... There’s been a lot of turnover in the staffing of the primary IVF coordinator (we’ve worked with three different people in the last 9 months).
She’s not phased by surprises or needs to make adjustments to plans, which really helps to keep me calm. When I didnt respond fast enough to the first round of IVF stimulation, she quickly changed course, adjusted meds, and moved forward. She also provided me with natural supplements (at my request) instead of more pills when I wanted to deal with blood sugar issues. Her confidence and experience make everyone feel safe and cared for.
Trust her experience and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Dr Stadtmauer always makes me feel like we have options, even if it’s not what we first imagined. She’s matter of fact but very calm and caring
We added human growth hormone to my first and second round of stimulation because I wasn’t responding fast enough to standard meds. This helped a lot. We also waited an extra day for the last stimulation before retrieval because she knew it took my body more time to develop the right size eggs.
There’s been a lot of turnover in the staffing of the primary IVF coordinator (we’ve worked with three different people in the last 9 months). But everyone has been very kind, very patient, and very understanding.
Like with all medical care, it’s important to remember that you are the only one advocating for yourself. You need to keep organized and make sure you follow up as needed. The Jones Institute has a wonderful reputation and is extremely convenient. And the nursing team in the clinic OR is spectacular. But with only one IVF coordinator nurse, it can be hard to get a hold of someone if you want to ask questions and receive immediate feedback. You have to be a patient patient.
We were very lucky to have IVF covered by our United HealthCare plan, so none of the services were painfully expensive except the medications (around $8K per round) and anesthesia, around $2K at first, but then cheaper once I hit my insurance deductible.
Norfolk
Dr. Stadtmauer was amazing and very optimistic when I felt unsure. She gave me options and left if up to me to decide without pressure. Her staff is amazing and personable. Everytime I visited I walked away feeling assured that I was being taken care of... The doctor and her staff were great at explaining everything step by step. I felt very comfortable... I paid between 10-13k for IVF
[Jones Institute for Reproductive Med has a] Great location and they validate your parking. The clinic is clean and presentable. Everyone from reception all the way to seeing the doctor is polite and explains the process very well. Sometimes it gets lengthy waiting on the doctor.... Once I was assessed by the nursing staff I went straight to ultrasound, very little waiting... I paid between 10-13k for IVF
Have a list a questions ready
Polite and effecient
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
I paid between 10-13k for IVF

2015 - 2017, Successful
[Dr. Stadtmauer] always made sure I understood the plan and made sure I was okay with whatever plan we decided. She never rushed through appointments and made sure she thoroughly knew my history and chart before each appointment...She is very knowledgeable about infertility and treatments. She will work with you on a course of action that you agrree with and give education on things you are unsure of. She will call you after procedures and treatments to see how you are ing. Outstanding physician.
Valerie [nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was awesome in helping to order meds and explaining the process. The other nurses were awesome, especially Shakena. They made sure I was comfortable at each appointment and that I understood everything...The clinic has 3 locations, Norfolk, Virginia Beach and Newport News are great. The Norfolk location has the most equipment and most of the big services are done there. They are great at coordinating services wherever you are located.
Dr. Stadtmauer is the best doctor to go to. She is very knowledgeable about infertility and treatments. She will work with you on a course of action that you agrree with and give education on things you are unsure of. She will call you after procedures and treatments to see how you are ing. Outstanding physician.
Be honest and open with her. Let her know all of your issues and don't be afraid to ask questions or ask for a different treatment if you are not comfortable.
Dr. Stadt always made sure I understood the plan and made sure I was okay with whatever plan we decided. She never rushed through appointments and made sure she thoroughly knew my history and chart before each appointment.
For the retrieval I used Gonal F, menopur and cetrotide. Not sure of the doses, but I used it for about 10 days before retrieval. I went to the doctor every other day to twst blood levels after a few days they start ultrasounds to check follicle size. The retrieval day, I came 2 hours early and once I went back they gave me anesthesia so I was out of it. Before I went back my husband gave his sample. So after I woke up we were told his sperm count and how many eggs were retrieved. 3 days after they called and told me how many made it to day 3 and day 4 they called and updated the number for transfer the next day. 1st and 2nd transfer were hard, full bladder and they had a hard time transferring. 1st ended in a chemical, 2nd negative test, 3rd Dr. Stadtmauer was there for and used a sydney transfer for my tilted uterus. Miscarried at 10 weeks. 2nd and 3rd transfer prep were estrogen patches and pills and progesterone shots
Describe your experience with your nurse at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed). (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Valerie was awesome in helping to order meds and explaining the process. The other nurses were awesome, especially Shakena. They made sure I was comfortable at each appointment and that I understood everything.
Sperm testing $120 Ultrasound $240 Pregnancy test $10 Transfer $3,895 Physician $75 -$85 Retrieval $11,240 Fertility meds $~$5,000
They always transfer two unless you ask for one or only have one. Three can be transferred after a certain number of tries and/or age.
2017, Unknown Success
I did feel like the coordinators and nurses [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were lacking that quality. We often felt like numbers to them. Sometimes the sense of urgency was lost and even though it was our first IVF cycle, we felt like they expected us to know things we did not. While I wasn't overly impressed with the IVF coordinator, the business office was kind and courteous and we navigated this expensive treatment.
Overall, my experience with Dr. Stadtmauer was a great one. I really felt like she was on our side and she listened to all my concerns. After 4 years of trying to conceive and failed treatments, she understood that I knew my body and she didn't try to talk us into or out of anything we didn't feel 100% comfortable with. As a self-pay patient, we were interested in the share-risk program and I believe she was a big advocate in helping us get approved for it. I do wish I was able to see her more through out my treatment, but with us living 2 hours away, the schedule didn't always work in our favor. However, all the doctors I saw in between very kind and made sure to answer all my questions if they arose. When it came time to hear the results of my beta, Dr. Stadtmauer called me personally and I could tell the genuine excitement in her voice. Although this was only my first round of IVF, I felt like we had been on this journey with her for longer and she was so happy for us. Overall, I would recommend working with Dr. Stadtmauer!
Make sure you are explicit about your goals, concerns, and expectations. When we had our consultation, she listened to our history and our past experiences and she adjusted our treatment based on that.
Living 2 hours away from the Jones Institute, it was important for us to feel like our RE was part of our team. Dr. Stadtmauer took the time to meet with me as well as speak with me over the phone to answer questions I had so I wouldn't have to make the trip up. While I wasn't able to see her much during my cycle due to the way the schedule worked out, once it came time for my beta, she called with such genuine excitement and took the time to talk with me about my cycle (what went well/what didn't). I felt like she was celebrating with me. While I would have liked to see her more during my cycle, overall she made me feel like we were in this together.
They were very knowledgable, but I did just feel like a number. I also had a hard time getting a response from the nursing staff when questions arose.
While Dr. Stadtmauer made us feel like we were a team, I did feel like the coordinators and nurses were lacking that quality. We often felt like numbers to them. Sometimes the sense of urgency was lost and even though it was our first IVF cycle, we felt like they expected us to know things we did not. While I wasn't overly impressed with the IVF coordinator, the business office was kind and courteous and we navigated this expensive treatment.
We did the shared risk program which included 2 fresh IVF cycles, frozen cycles until the embryos from the last retrieval were used up, ICSI, and cryopreservation which totaled $19,000. This did not include medication.
Dr. Stadtmauer listened to us and knew that we were comfortable with the transfer of two embryos if we had them. Two embryos were transferred and one took!
What specific things went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine (closed).
I was awaiting news of my fertilization rate and was told we would know by 10am at the latest the day after the retrieval. Around 11am/12pm I called because I still had no indication of what my results were. After many message and voicemails, I finally received a call back that I should have my results soon. The results didn't come through until almost the end of the business day through the online portal. It was a long and nerve wrecking wait. I also experienced something similar with our freeze report. We were told they would watch the embryos until the next day to see if they progressed to a point where they could be frozen. At the end of the day, I received our final report which indicated none were frozen. I was confused as I was told they would wait a day to give them time to grow. After my voicemails, I finally had my call returned a few days later to get clarification, but no indication as to why they didn't wait a full day to watch and see if the remaining embryos would progress.
Norfolk
She [Dr. Laurel Stadtmauer] actually listened to my concerns... I got pregnant once with iui treatment but had one miscarriage. In the process of trying again. The doctor was willing to try other options and listen to my concerns. The only disadvantage was she wasn't at the office that much so I had to see a couple different doctors.... When I got pregnant they said the nurse would call me with results of my hcg and I had to call several times to get it.
You could never get anyone on the phone [at Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. It takes forever to get a nurse to call you back.... When I got pregnant they said the nurse would call me with results of my hcg and I had to call several times to get it.... I got pregnant once with iui treatment but had one miscarriage. In the process of trying again. The doctor was willing to try other options and listen to my concerns. The only disadvantage was she wasn't at the office that much so I had to see a couple different doctors.
To be prepared for a lot of tests from you and your partner
She actually listened to my concerns
You could never get anyone on the phone. It takes forever to get a nurse to call you back.
Norfolk

She [Dr. Stadtmauer] reminds me of a female Einstein. She is extremely knowledgeable. At our first meeting, I thought she wasn't really paying attention to me, but then I realized it was because she was thinking about all of my background history and a plan of action. I was able to leave my very first appointment much more confident, and with a clear idea of what our game plan was...I have been on Clomid for eight months. My first month with her, she had me stop Clomid for an entire month to check to see if I would ovulate on my own. After finding out that my ovulation was good, she went ahead and started with a new drug
It was easy to make appointments around my schedule [at Jones Institute] . I just wish that my IUI could have been with my doctor… But we worked around my cycle schedule, so that was totally out of anyone else's control...[Nurses were...]Always friendly, pleasant, professional, and had a smile on their face. From getting negative pregnancy blood work, to showing me and my husband exactly how to do my hip injections, they were all awesome!
She reminds me of a female Einstein. She is extremely knowledgeable. At our first meeting, I thought she wasn't really paying attention to me, but then I realized it was because she was thinking about all of my background history and a plan of action. I was able to leave my very first appointment much more confident, and with a clear idea of what our game plan was.
Don't give up! I went through a miscarriage, crazy hormones from the pills, and painful injections. It is all totally worth it when you finally get to hold your precious little one in your arms!
Even though she was very "book smart," she let me know from day one what our game plan was, and did eventually crack a smile with me.
I have been on Clomid for eight months. My first month with her, she had me stop Clomid for an entire month to check to see if I would ovulate on my own. After finding out that my ovulation was good, she went ahead and started with a new drug, which ended up not working for me... didn't like all of the bad side effects. We switched back to Clomid, stomach injection, and timed intercourse. When that didn't work, we did clomid at a higher dose, the stomach injection, and then our IUI. At a certain point later that month, I began progesterone hip injections daily. Once I found out I was pregnant from the IUI, I continued the progesterone injections through the first 10 weeks.
Love that I didn't have to drive across the water to Norfolk or VA Beach offices. It was easy to make appointments around my schedule. I just wish that my IUI could have been with my doctor… But we worked around my cycle schedule, so that was totally out of anyone else's control.
My insurance covered any ultrasounds and bloodwork that were performed. All medications were out of pocket, but I used Avella pharmacy, and they were fantastic. For the IUI why procedure, I believe the part we had to pay after insurance was approximately $500.
I appreciate her explaining to me how important it was to get off all medication for the first month I was under her care. Even though I was eager to get pregnant, she thoroughly explained why it was important to research all possible reasons why I was having trouble getting pregnant.
Newport News
2013 - 2016, Successful
She's [Dr. Stadtmauer] very smart, and very open to have a conversation about your treatment options, which is important to me. She's professional, and will call you if you need to discuss some aspect of your treatment with her...Dr. S is very responsive and receptive to all worries and concerns that I've had through the entire process. She answers all of my questions, and takes the time that we need to make sure we're both on the same page...
[Jones - Norfolk] Strengths - amazing doctors, very knowledgeable. They will never turn down or deny a patient treatment just for the benefit of their stats. The site of the first IVF done in the USA, which is pretty cool. Comparably, they are WAY more affordable than the other clinic in Hampton Roads. The support staff, for the most part, is very kind and caring. Weakness - their donor egg program can use some vamping. They do not have very many in house donors...
I'm certainly a fan of Dr. S! She's very smart, and very open to have a conversation about your treatment options, which is important to me. She's professional, and will call you if you need to discuss some aspect of your treatment with her.
No one is a miracle worker. But Dr. S will definitely do her best to achieve your family goals.
Strengths - amazing doctors, very knowledgeable. They will never turn down or deny a patient treatment just for the benefit of their stats. The site of the first IVF done in the USA, which is pretty cool. Comparably, they are WAY more affordable than the other clinic in Hampton Roads. The support staff, for the most part, is very kind and caring. Weakness - their donor egg program can use some vamping. They do not have very many in house donors. It would be nice if they had non-anonymous donors or at least a choice for that, and a much larger pool of donors. If you don't use an agency/bring in your own donor, it can take a very long time to be matched with a donor. The embryologists don't give updates during cycling as a standard practice, which I found to be very difficult. The wait time for some appointments is quite long - the docs get caught up in their morning surgeries, and those waiting for ultrasounds can wait for quite awhile. Communication can be slow at times with nurses, coordinators, lab results, etc.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Given my age, a single transfer was not really an option. We spoke at length about my willingness to have multiples and I was totally fine with that outcome... [Dr. Stadtmauer] always took the time to talk with me and see how I was feeling along the way. She knew I was single and trying to plan for my future. She wanted to keep me informed but wanted to know me personally as well... I will never forget her kindness and honesty through my twin pregnancy and the singleton that came from those embryos 3 years later.
I felt like the monitoring appointments [at Jones Institute] went very smoothly. The teams were efficient and very private. It took me a day or two to sort out where to go and how the two holding rooms worked. A very kind nurse saw my deer in the headlights look and said, "Let me show you how this works..." To my relief, I never walked in the wrong door and knew what to do from that day forward...My costs ranged a bit from the start to the finish line. I was able to negotiate my fees down with ongoing procedures. I would encourage everyone to speak with your team about fees as they were very willing to work with me. Eset Approach
Dr. Stadtmauer is a very compassionate person and scientist. She took great pains to make sure that I understood what was going to happen and what she wasn't going to be able to tell me with certainty. I remember her meeting me in recovery after the 2nd egg retrieval that I should think about freezing embryos. I wasn't at that point given my hopes of finding a husband and she was very careful with her suggestion. I have never forgotten that moment and her knowledge that was far beyond what I could manage with every step that unfolded. Years later when I returned to transfer embryos and didn't get pregnant Dr. S made the call. She was the kindest person at that terrible moment and made getting that news as good as possible. She listened to me cry and then pull it together and ask for a plan to start again. She didn't tell me to take my time or think about something else, rather she said we could start again and would get working on our next plan. About 18 months later and after plenty of changes to my expectations and plans -- Dr. Stadtmauer called my out of a huge meeting at work. She said simply -- you are pregnant and I was looking for some numbers around 80-100 and yours are 488. I asked what that meant and she said we will test you again in two days and then schedule an ultrasound. Two weeks later I was on that ultrasound table for a minute or two and Dr. Stadtmauer said beaming, "It's two!" I was stunned, thrilled, and didn't notice that she and the team of nurses and other doctors had left to go into the hall to sign a card congratulating me! I will never forget her kindness and honesty through my twin pregnancy and the singleton that came from those embryos 3 years later.
Be honest with her about your goals and then listen to what she has to say every step of the way. She won't sugar coat things but she will listen and try to find the solutions that will help you along the way. She will be your biggest cheerleader and source of strength when you are most vulnerable.
Dr.Stadtmauer always took the time to talk with me and see how I was feeling along the way. She knew I was single and trying to plan for my future. She wanted to keep me informed but wanted to know me personally as well.
The one thing I remember that made a huge difference ultimately was the use of progesterone shots before and after transfers for 12 weeks.
The entire nursing staff was so upbeat and supportive. I was an early single gal freezing her eggs and they were all very excited for me. I got great information and wonderful care in a crazy whirlwind commuting from another city to make all of this work.
I think Jones Institute is the ideal spot if you want to have a team that will always know you and your case. It never mattered who was on call or in the office -- they all knew my name and had been in discussions about my case. I never felt like a number and was never rushed in or out of an appointment. I found the teams that were charged with our daily changes in medication and treatment during retrieval to be fantastic. I was crazy and they never batted and eye. I got hugs and cheers from the entire surgery bunch with every retrieval and transfer.
I felt like the monitoring appointments went very smoothly. The teams were efficient and very private. It took me a day or two to sort out where to go and how the two holding rooms worked. A very kind nurse saw my deer in the headlights look and said, "Let me show you how this works..." To my relief, I never walked in the wrong door and knew what to do from that day forward.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Stadtmauer took great care of me and my husband. She really allowed me to be involved in my treatment plan....She took my infertility very seriously. She didn't waste our time, she got us pregnant. She allowed me to be involved in my treatment plan. She was willing to give us more advanced treatment to help my egg quality ...She's very open and listens to your wants and concerns, don't be afraid to tell her.
[Jones - Norfolk] I had a different nurse almost every time. A couple of them I liked and there were a couple that I didn't like. Some were just not very sensitive. They were fertile and you could tell that they did not understand the struggle....Dr. Stadtmauer took great care of me and my husband. She really allowed me to be involved in my treatment plan. She was very caring when we got bad news and she was excited with us when we got good news.
I have severe infertility but because I was so young (early 20's), some doctors didn't take me seriously and told me and my husband to "keep trying on our own". We had been trying for 3 years before seeing Dr Stadtmauer. She took my infertility very seriously. She didn't waste our time, she got us pregnant. She allowed me to be involved in my treatment plan. She was willing to give us more advanced treatment to help my egg quality which resulted in my first healthy pregnancy and baby. For that, I will be forever grateful. I honestly don't think I could ask for a better doctor.
For my first round of IVF, I was on Lupron, Menopur, and Gonal-F (can't remember dosage). Because I am young, my body responded really well to stims so they had to keep my dose low. They retrieved 29 eggs, resulting in 5 embryos. The quality was not great so they had to do a 3 day transfer. They transferred 2 embryos (can't remember the grade) and the rest did not make it to freeze on Day 5. That round of IVF resulted in a twin pregnancy but I unfortunately miscarried at 9 weeks. For my second round of IVF, they did LOTS of genetic testing beforehand. All results were normal. My egg quality was thought to be the culprit of my miscarriages. So they put me on HGH Omnitropin (can't remember the dosage), Gonal-F, and Cetrotide. Since they knew exactly how my body responded to stims, they got my dosage perfect. I believe they retrieved 20 eggs that time. It resulted in 5 embryos. They were better quality than last round but not good enough to make it to Day 5 which was a bummer because we had hoped to do PGS and to freeze some. We had to do a Day 3 transfer. They transferred two grade 3, 8 cell embryos. Like I said, the other 3 embryos did not make it to freeze. That round resulted in one amazingly healthy singleton pregnancy. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl 2 days before her due date.