Medical SchoolUniversity of Miami School of Medicine
Irvine Medical Center
6640 Alton Parkway
Irvine, CA 92618
1-888-988-2800
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Alexandra Rubal to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%7
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Rubal was my first Reproductive Endocrinologist. I've suffered multiple miscarriages and was FINALLY referred to a specialist. She has been absolutely amazing. She has explained her course of action, the reasons for it and every risk and possible outcome along the way. Ive cried in her office and she has made me feel hope again.... We were investigating recurrent miscarriage. We first did all the usual blood work. Second made sure my tubes werent blocked and that my uterus was normal shape using a saline sonogram.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Rubal was my first Reproductive Endocrinologist. I've suffered multiple miscarriages and was FINALLY referred to a specialist. She has been absolutely amazing. She has explained her course of action, the reasons for it and every risk and possible outcome along the way. Ive cried in her office and she has made me feel hope again. We are still working on my rainbow baby but I have faith in Dr. Rubal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Tell her everything you are concerned about. Do not be afraid to email her office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
We had several one on one visits. I sat her in office and we went deep into detail about what was going on with me and how I was feeling. She was so informative and reassuring but never gave me false expectations. Anytime I emailed her office with any concern one of her nurses would email or call me right away and set up an appointment for me to come in to speak to the doctor or answer any questions or concerns I had. Ive never felt like a number.
Describe the protocols Lauren Alexandra Rubal used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
We were investigating recurrent miscarriage. We first did all the usual blood work. Second made sure my tubes werent blocked and that my uterus was normal shape using a saline sonogram. When she suspected a bicornate uterus or scarring we then did a hysteroscopy. She wanted to remove and scarring before I tried to get pregnant again. When the hysteroscopy showed my uterus was nomal she prescribed progesterone and aspirin to start the next time I get a positive pregnancy test. She also referred me to another specialist to figure out what can be done about my endometriosis pain.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Sorrell)
Every time I emailed the office with a concern I got an email back that same day or a phone call right away. I know her by name now.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I went to Kaiser which does not cover any fertility treatments but did cover my recurrent miscarriage. I dont think kaiser covers any fertility treatments which is an issue with our health care system in general
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I pay $430 a month for health insurance through kaiser. No fertility treatments are covered or offered. My recurrent pregnancy loss was investigate. My copays were $30 each time I saw the doctor
San Diego
She [Dr. Rubal] was unavailable to answer questions, told me I needed surgery to remove large ovarian cyst and she would find me a well fit surgeon but then left on vacation for 2 weeks without telling me. Never followed up regarding my surgery for cyst removal. Through the 10 plus appointments, she always seemed to be pushing me out the door, rather than truly explaining my case and options to me.
How was your experience with Lauren Alexandra Rubal at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr Rubal is very caring and empathetic to the difficulties of infertility treatments. She is candid about the risks and potential negatives of each course of treatment. On the weaknesses, Dr Rubal threw climid at me even though she explained there was less than 5% chance it would work. Dr Rubal informed me that I needed to get another cyst removed before moving forward, but did not discuss what would come next after my cyst removal. Dr Rubal also neglected to follow up and be along with the symptoms I was experiencing due to a 7 inch cyst. I inquired about freezing eggs due to risk of losing my one and only ovary left prior to my surgery. Dr Rubal informed me there "was no way" which was very unsettling without fully understanding why there was "no way" to freeze eggs.
Advocate for yourself, tell her how you are feeling and what you need.
She was unavailable to answer questions, told me I needed surgery to remove large ovarian cyst and she would find me a well fit surgeon but then left on vacation for 2 weeks without telling me. Never followed up regarding my surgery for cyst removal. Through the 10 plus appointments, she always seemed to be pushing me out the door, rather than truly explaining my case and options to me.
HSG test (3 times) too see if tube is blocked 2 ovarian cyst removal surgeries 2 rounds of clomid - 1 at 50 mg -1 at 100 mg both she only followed up via email and I never stepped foot into her office during the rounds of clomid
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
There are very few options through Kaiser's Reproductive Endocrine department. I believe there are only 2 doctors to choose from and the department is severely impacted. The communication between the Doctors and staff is not the greatest, thus leaving the patient to have to advocate and explain personal situation frequently. On some day's this left me feeling like a number rather than a human. In Kaiser, you have to deal with each department separately, and they do not all communicate together which makes it very difficult to navigate.
Most was covered through insurance benefits. We had a 15 dollar co-pay for each visit. My HSG tests had no co-pay, and my surgeries had 15 dollar copay
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Irvine Medical Center