Lauren Johnson

6781 Parker Farm Dr
Wilmington, NC 28405
919.782.591

1 patient review filtered by:

I felt like I didn’t see Dr Johnson during the critical moments. HSG, IUI, SIS were all under someone else...After both surgeries she used a balloon catheter and hormone therapy and antibiotic...septum was never fully removed after 2 surgeries and both tubes had been blocked due to last attempt at dr Johnson’s surgery...I was very upset that she never told me she was pregnant. In December (while planning my 2nd surgery) I finally asked if she was expecting. She said yes
Becky [nurse at REACH] was AMAZING!!! I’ll never forget her reassuring me “you don’t give up!” And holding my arm as I cried walking down the office following the ultrasound to show our baby was gone. She was so sweet...I was also upset the day I went in for my IUI and was shocked to find out a NURSE was going to perform such an intimate, important thing and not my RE that I had formed a relationship with. Dr. Johnson also seemed cold hearted when I lost the baby I conceived under her care.
How was your experience with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
I was very upset that she never told me she was pregnant. In December (while planning my 2nd surgery) I finally asked if she was expecting. She said yes and she in January so then I had to ask who would I be under during her leave. She had only removed 1 complete septum before mine. Insisted that I have a SIS to see if scarring had occurred after. I pay $1000 for the test, told no scar tissue so start TTC with just a Ovidrel shot. Pregnant first try! Miscarriage 7 weeks later. Pay $1000 for another test to show scar tissue did come back... have the entire surgery performed by her again 2months later. Declined to pay for another test after. Start femara, Ovidrel, eventually include and IUI back to only meds, no pregnancy. Get 2nd opinion by Dr. Hurst...septum was never fully removed after 2 surgeries and both tubes had been blocked due to last attempt at dr Johnson’s surgery.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Johnson at REACH?
I recommend researching her. Does she have a lot of experience with what you need to conceive? Are you ok with your RE possibly randomly becoming pregnant and having to cross that awkward bridge? Are you ok with her not showing a lot of emotion when you see an empty sac on the ultrasound and then go back after natural miscarriage?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Johnson at REACH?
Describe the protocols Lauren Johnson used in your cycles at REACH and their degree of success.
After both surgeries she used a balloon catheter and hormone therapy and antibiotic. Dr. Hurst did none of the above. He also guides and directs whereas Johnson seems to go with whatever you say and not lead you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at REACH. (Assigned nurse: Becky)
Becky was AMAZING!!! I’ll never forget her reassuring me “you don’t give up!” And holding my arm as I cried walking down the office following the ultrasound to show our baby was gone. She was so sweet.
Describe your experience with REACH.
The office did not seem organized. Poor communication with billing. Small waiting area. Front desk ladies always seemed unhappy to be working there. You’re always a number to them, not a mom in the making who’s hurting. The office was always clean and spelled sanitized
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Johnson at REACH.
Not sure maybe around $6000
What specific things went wrong at REACH?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at REACH.
During my HSG the nurse practitioner they assigned to me did not know what she was doing! After 5 catheters and MULTIPLE attempts to get catheter in my cervix she finally called a more experienced Doctor. After his first try (using the 6th catheter) they finally got the catheter in. This was very painful! The nurse practitioner they assigned to me to remove my balloon catheter seemed like she was not experienced in this area. She pulled and tugged for a while, after I was to the point of tear she left and brought in dr Johnson who was able to release a little more fluid out of the balloon and then quick snatch to remove catheter (again this was more painful than it should have been). I also was upset that Dr Johnson was there and available yet couldn’t take 10min out of her day to remove my father herself. I was also upset the day I went in for my IUI and was shocked to find out a NURSE was going to perform such an intimate, important thing and not my RE that I had formed a relationship with. Dr. Johnson also seemed cold hearted when I lost the baby I conceived under her care.
Lauren Johnson