Medical SchoolU. of Pennsylvania
ResidencyU. of Pennsylvania
FellowshipU. of Pennsylvania
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Milman to a friend?
Our very first appointment with Dr. Milman was very good, she explained everything that we would do and exactly when to do it. After that first appointment however I only saw her a few more times despite being at the clinic several times a week. She didn't even do my actual IUI procedures. She only called me once to tell me that my beta blood test was negative. After my second failed IUI I was told that we would be able to do one more IUI with them before having to move on to IVF which I was not ready for. I felt pressured that if our 3rd IUI failed I would have to start IVF.
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Be honest about what you're comfortable doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
I went to Abington for 3 cycles, and only actually saw Dr. Milman maybe 5 times. I'm not sure she even knew who I was.
Describe the protocols Lauren Milman used in your cycles at Abington Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Since this was my first appointment with a specialist she had me do the Clomid challenge along with an HSG and a biopsy. That cycle we did timed intercourse. After that failed and we realized that Clomid made my lining too thin, for our 2 IUI cycles I took femara, which worked fairly well for me. Both of those cycles ended in a negative pregnancy test.
The nursing staff was always very upbeat when I was there. They knew who I was and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable. I generally saw Dawn Marie, she did most of my ultrasounds and the actual IUI. She was fabulous.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
I usually didn't have to wait too long during my early morning appointments. The exam rooms were very small, it was uncomfortable to have my husband in there with me because there was so little room. The equipment also looked old. In the room where they drew blood it was pretty messy. There was blood spatter on the wall behind the sharps container.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Every time I walked in the door I had a $70 copay. The ultrasounds were around $40 more and the actual IUIs were around $350 with my insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Abington Reproductive Medicine
Lansdale
She [Dr. Milman] genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted...we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything...excellent doctors
How was your experience with Lauren Milman at Abington Reproductive Medicine?
Again, we always feel that we are a unique couple and we aren't lumped into every one else who may going through this experience as well. We were always individuals with adequate time devoted to us as well as a willingness to always explain any and everything.
If you need someone who shows empathy and understanding I would highly recommend her.
She genuinely listened to us and out concerns. She took the time to treat us as an individual couple and never made us feel rushed or our concerns not warranted.
Always attentive, kind, and willing to speak with me to alleviate any nerves. I have never once experienced a rushed appointment.
Describe your experience with Abington Reproductive Medicine.
Location, relative affordability for those paying out of pocket, excellent doctors and nursing staff
IUI rounds for noninjectable meds were $1000 and then $380 for insemination, not including needed meds.
Abington Reproductive Medicine