Doctor available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolUniversity of Connecticut
ResidencyNew York Presbyterian Hospital/Weill-Cornell
Brookline
1 Brookline Place
Brookline, MA 02445
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Murphy to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Boston IVF to a friend?
2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Murphy] is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
Boston ivf is very clean, organized, and friendly. The office is warm and inviting. They support any kind of couples. The nurses and doctors are great with names and faces with all the people they see daily. ... Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath. ... I can't remember her name but she was the beta nurse, always called me early on the days I went in for ultrasounds. Always called me back within the hour if I had a question for her.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
She is very informative. She answers every question you have with a straight answer. She doesn't give false hope and she will tell you what to expect. Even with only one failed round, I am very eager to start my next round with her as my doctor because this is not an 100% chance thing and with her as my doctor I feel like my odds increase!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Ask her any questions you have. She will always answer you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr. Murphy was very kind and always answered my questions even if I thought they were stupid questions. She made me feel like no question is stupid. She gave me everything I needed to know and didn't give me false hope.
Describe the protocols Lauren Murphy used in your cycles at Boston IVF and their degree of success.
In my cycle I used menopur, ganirelix, and follistim for my egg retrieval. I got 19 eggs, 8 were fertilized and 4 made it to day 5. 1 was transferred, 2 were frozen. I started progesterone the day after my egg retrieval until after my negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I reached my out of pocket maximum because of a surgery I had prior to starting ivf so I didn't have to pay much for ivf. My lifetime max is 25k and meds is 10k, I reached my med maximum very quickly but I paid nothing for almost all of the medications, except 1 that wasn't covered and my nurse got me a very good price.
Describe Lauren Murphy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Boston IVF.
Dr. Murphy suggested 1 embryo transfer because of my age and heath.
Brookline
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I started ivf at 40, at no point has Dr Murphy ever made me feel like having a baby is an unattainable goal for me. She is smart, well respected and one of the most genuine and compassionate docs I have ever had. I couldn’t imagine going through this with any other doc by my side...My biggest issue is a lack of mature eggs. Dr Murphy switched up my trigger to a double after my first retrieval only resulted in 2 mature eggs despite having 10 measurable follicles. The double (lupron and HCG) have definitely improved my outcomes.
Amy [nurse at Boston IVF] has been wonderful. I always feel like I’m talking to an extension of Dr Murphy when I talk to her. She returns my calls quickly and always has an answer ready for any of my questions...Many people say Boston IVF is like a “factory.” My experience has been the total opposite. I feel so well cared for. Even when I had my miscarriage, I had already been released to an OB but asked if BIVF would do my follow up care and they didn’t hesitate to take me back as a patient immediately despite that not being standard operating procedure. I will never regret my decision to go to this clinic!
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF?
Dr Murphy is by far one of my favorite doctors. She is compassionate, honest and truly cares about her patients. Every nurse I have seen at varying clinic locations comments on her incredible bedside manner. I started ivf at 40, at no point has Dr Murphy ever made me feel like having a baby is an unattainable goal for me. She is smart, well respected and one of the most genuine and compassionate docs I have ever had. I couldn’t imagine going through this with any other doc by my side.
She is only in the South Shore office one day a week so appointments can be hard but I have found her main office in Brookline to not be a challenge at all!
Dr. Murphy truly cares about her patients. She has celebrated our successes and grieved our failures right along with us.
I have been using Menopur, Gonal and Cetrotide. My biggest issue is a lack of mature eggs. Dr Murphy switched up my trigger to a double after my first retrieval only resulted in 2 mature eggs despite having 10 measurable follicles. The double (lupron and HCG) have definitely improved my outcomes.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Boston IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amy M)
Amy has been wonderful. I always feel like I’m talking to an extension of Dr Murphy when I talk to her. She returns my calls quickly and always has an answer ready for any of my questions.
Describe your experience with Boston IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Murphy at Boston IVF.
I have been very fortunate to have good insurance. Just wish I could afford PGS!
South Shore