Medical SchoolU. of Maryland
Silver Spring
8001 Kennett St
Silver Spring, MD 20910
877-975-5529
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Roth to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
Other, Unexplained
I couldnt have asked for a better doctor...From the very beginning, I felt comfortable around her. She fully explained the tratement plan she had for us and answered any questions I had without hesitation. She never seemed annoyed even with her busy schedule. ..She has called us to give us good news after our egg retrieval even after our assigned nurse gave us the news. Dr. Roth is a phenomenal doctor who I would recommend (and have) to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility?
I couldnt have asked for a better doctor. I’ve known quite a few ladies who have gotten treatment at Shady Grove Fertility both at the Frederick office and Rockville office and each lady had a doctor to recommend. Initially, we were paired with Dr. Bromer but had to reschedule which then we were paired with Dr. Roth. From the very beginning, I felt comfortable around her. She fully explained the tratement plan she had for us and answered any questions I had without hesitation. She never seemed annoyed even with her busy schedule. I’ve mentioned before that she has called to check up on us when our treatment would get pushed back or when I had a bad reaction to medication. She has called us to give us good news after our egg retrieval even after our assigned nurse gave us the news. Dr. Roth is a phenomenal doctor who I would recommend (and have) to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility?
Trust in Dr. Roth. She loves what she does for a living and you can see that when she interacts with you. You’re not a number with her. You are (your name) from (city, state) who wants nothing but to start a family or add to an existing family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Roth never treated us like a number. During rough times when our treatment would get pushed back for something, she would call to check up on us. She has called to make sure I was okay when I had a bad reaction to Vicodin and had to go to the hospitalafter the egg retrieval. She cares about her patients.
Describe the protocols Lauren Roth used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
I am still undergoing treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Dean)
Our nurse Jamie is an absolute dream. She is always there to answer the millions of questions I have. She always responds back to me whether it’s through email or a phone call. She never just calls and hangs up but she always leaves a voicemail if I don’t answer. Everyone at Shady Grove has been accommodating and helpful. Always pleasant. I’ve never had one bad experience there and I’ve been with them for almost a year (in December).
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The only thing I see as a weakness with Shady Grove is the financial department. Not the counselors but the system itself. At SGF, you have to pay in full before you can actually start your treatment. We did so but keep getting bills saying we owe money for services we have already paid for. I’ve gotten emails saying that my application for ICSI is pending and that I will owe money once approved although we have been approved and I have paid the balance. It’s aggravating when you leave an exam room happy but go to leave and are told you owe money. It’s an ongoing cycle that needs to be fixed. I’ve been told it’s a new system but according to the girls in my Facebook support group, this has been an ongoing issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility.
We have blue cross blue shield and have 100% coverage after meeting our deductible. We paid what was left of our deductible which was around $2800.we signed up for a synchrony study with requires assisted hatching and ICSI. We were not approved for either of those services so that was out of pocket plus we owed for services before we were approved which was another $3800. Medication has been a breeze and nothing has been over $30 per prescription
Describe Lauren Roth's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
No comment. I am in a study that does PGS and ERA testing and only allows for the transfer of 1 embryo.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Roth has always been available for questions. Always been kind during hard times and rejoiced with me during successes....Dr Roth is very caring and compassionate. She was very comforting during my first chemical/miscarriage. She was completely baffled when my second cycle went so badly and consulted with other physicians to see what she could have done better. When I found a protocol I wanted to use, she was on board with trying it. When that cycle resulted in 3 highly graded embryos and 2 made it to freeze she was as happy as I was.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr Roth is very caring and compassionate. She was very comforting during my first chemical/miscarriage. She was completely baffled when my second cycle went so badly and consulted with other physicians to see what she could have done better. When I found a protocol I wanted to use, she was on board with trying it. When that cycle resulted in 3 highly graded embryos and 2 made it to freeze she was as happy as I was. When she called with my positive pregnancy test from the 3rd embryo, she said she'd almost never been so happy to call someone before. I highly recommend Dr Roth. I felt well cared for and all my concerns were listened to and never dismissed.
Trust her and if you have a different idea for treatment, don't hesitate to run it past her. She'll listen and not just brush you off.
First cycle was a typical protocol involving BC and lupron. I ended up oversuppressed, but we did get 5 mature eggs after extra days of stimming. This cycle resulted in a chemical/miscarriage. I had to have both tubes removed between cycle 1 and 2. Cycle 2 involved high dose stims. I'm pretty sure it fried my eggs. Despite 5 good looking follicles we only got 2 eggs and neither fertilized. Both cycles used ICSI. 3rd cycle we did a low dose stims. Estrogen priming, Femara, Follistim, Menopur and Ganirelix. This was by far my best cycle. 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature and all four fertilized with PICSI. I got 3 blasts, 2 AA and 1 AB. We transferred one AA and froze the other AA and the AB. I'm currently pregnant with the one AA.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni Benjamin)
I absolutely ADORE my nurse. She is always there, always listens and always takes me seriously. The other nursing staff is nice as well.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic's strength lies in the number of cycles they do a year and in their state of the art lab. Practise makes perfect, so they say, and this seems to be true with Shady Grove Fertility. Their weakness, and lots of people would agree, is their financial department. They can be difficult to work with, don't always have an answer and don't seem to know what my insurance covers like they should.
Morning monitoring appointments were by appointment only. Most times I had no trouble getting in during the time I needed. Most often I was in and out within 45 minutes, sometimes a lot faster, sometimes slower.
My overall cost was around $7000. I have incredible insurance though.
Frederick
Dr. Roth was very business like in our consultation, but not in a negative way. She reviewed our extensive family history, my prior medical diagnoses and then asked about our goals and hopes. We were given preliminary options and they were moderately explained, as well as the testing we would need to complete before the start of treatment...Throughout the 3 months of treatment, I only met with Dr Roth one time, and did the rest of my communications through my nurse
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Lauren Roth at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Roth was very business like in our consultation, but not in a negative way. She reviewed our extensive family history, my prior medical diagnoses and then asked about our goals and hopes. We were given preliminary options and they were moderately explained, as well as the testing we would need to complete before the start of treatment. After testing of both myself and my husband, a plan was laid out, but this was not shared with my by Dr. Roth. During my IUI treatment, there were several setbacks and the cycle lasted over 50 days. Dr. Roth did not contact me one time, which I did think was odd, but I felt so taken care of by my nurse, that I didn’t question it or request to speak to Dr. Roth. When I received mypositce beta, Dr. Roth personally called to congratulate me. In my follow up appointments before graduating from Shady Grove, I never saw Dr. Roth once. When I graduated, Dr. Roth once again called to congratulate me and give us well wishes.
She knows what she is doing and I would absolutely trust her with my care again, but don’t expect to get much besides the bare bones from her
Dr. Roth’s goal was to get me to ovulate, as I have PCOS and she speculated I had never ovulated before in my life. We took a low and slow approach, as I had 30+ follicles on each ovary and was at a very high risk of over stimulating my ovary. She shared that while that is perfect for IVF, if we wanted to move forward with IUI (which is what we wanted) that over production of eggs, would cause a delay in treatment as they will not preform an IUI with more than3 eggs (usually they will not preform if there are more than 2 eggs). I was started on letrozole and ending up needed 2 rounds of this medication. I appreciated that when I was not producing after one round, instead of starting a new cycle, Dr. Roth allowed me to continue, just with an additional round of medication. When my one follicle was close but not quite large enough after finishing two rounds, Dr. Roth added in gonal f injections. A trigger shot and progesterone supplements rounded off our treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Allison Catalani )
Allison was there to answer all of my questions, and in a timely manner. I would email Allison day and night with questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic has quite a few patients, so be prepared to wait. That said, they do a great job at finding an available appt ASAP if needed date. They also have great hours so you can go before work. They tend to make apts as quick and painless
Very thankfully, my medical insurance covered my treatment. I was in charge of paying copays at each visit and was required to pay on full front injectable medication, as my insurance did not cover an oral/injectable combo cycle