Lauren Safier

Island Fertility

Nurse available by email
Not available by direct line
Medical SchoolUniversity of Miami
ResidencyWeill Cornell
Commack
500 Commack Road
Commack, NY 11725
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Safier to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Island Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
She [Dr. Safier] explained our course of treatment well. As a nurse I know and understand the medical aspect. She took the time to thoroughly make sure my husband understood what was going on too.... she has answered every concern and weighed every option with us. She made it clear that she wants us to get pregnant just as much as we want it. Not just another doctor pushing pills and treatments “hoping” for the best.
The nurses [Island Fertility] are amazing. The medical assistants are ok.... Insurance coverage was explained and then copays were not thoroughly explained I suppose. I was told one fee for testing and another for seeing the dr. So days I didn’t see the dr and only had labs drawn I was paying both fees. In perspective it’s a lot less than someone without great coverage. Just unclear.
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She explained our course of treatment well. As a nurse I know and understand the medical aspect. She took the time to thoroughly make sure my husband understood what was going on too. With a hiccup regarding testing that requires surgery now, even though I was ready to do IUI this month, she has answered every concern and weighed every option with us. She made it clear that she wants us to get pregnant just as much as we want it. Not just another doctor pushing pills and treatments “hoping” for the best.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She listens so don’t be afraid to talk things aloud with her and ask all the questions no matter how small or stupid you think they are.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Safier at Island Fertility?
She listens, explains thoroughly, and validly takes concerns of mine into the course of our treatment.
Describe the protocols Lauren Safier used in your cycles at Island Fertility and their degree of success.
No results yet
The nurses are amazing. The medical assistants are ok. There’s one that I can’t stand. She doesn’t listen and always ends up sticking me over and over for labs until she finally gets someone else after hurting me. I know I’m tough and I’ve been drawing blood for over 10 years. I’m not a wimp or anything like that. It’s like she forgets there’s a human on the other side of the needle and not just a specimen.
Describe your experience with Island Fertility.
Insurance coverage was explained and then copays were not thoroughly explained I suppose. I was told one fee for testing and another for seeing the dr. So days I didn’t see the dr and only had labs drawn I was paying both fees. In perspective it’s a lot less than someone without great coverage. Just unclear. Office otherwise is very nice, optimistic, and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Safier at Island Fertility.
Just copays so far and medicine expenses
Describe Lauren Safier's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Island Fertility.
No experience
What specific things went wrong at Island Fertility?
Lauren Safier