Lauren Weissmann

Egg Harbor Township
2500 English Creek Avenue
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
609-813-2192
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lauren Weissmann to a friend?

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend South Jersey Fertility Center to a friend?
Dr. Weissmann always took the time to make sure I understood what was going on and why we were doing it. She didn't try a "cookie cutter" treatment.... She actually called me an hour after my consult and told me she wanted me to do another hysteroscopy before my cycle because she was doing research into my case and thought it might help.... She strongly recommended a frozen transfer. I was initially against a frozen transfer because I didn't want to do the progesterone injections but I trusted her and we went with a frozen transfer.
It [South Jersey Fertility Center] is a large practice but I never felt like a number. They make monitoring easy with appointments before work. The only negative would be that on Saturday's only one office is open and it was very busy and you had to wait a bit.... Monitoring appointments were quick and well organized. Saturday's were an exception since only one office was open and it was crowded but they do try to make it run as quickly as possible.
How was your experience with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Weissmann was absolutely amazing. She did our initial consultation in June 2018 and she did our first IUI. We saw a few other doctors during our next 3 IUIs and a different doctor planned our first IVF cycle, but I requested to see her for my consultation for my second IVF cycle. She was so thorough and so caring. She took the time to explain exactly what "went wrong" because everything seemed perfect. She felt that doing a fresh transfer with our first cycle was the problem because my progesterone on the day of trigger was close to what they consider the maximum. She felt that maybe mine jumped and it closed the window for implantation. She strongly recommended a frozen transfer. I was initially against a frozen transfer because I didn't want to do the progesterone injections but I trusted her and we went with a frozen transfer. I pushed for natural fertilization with our second cycle after ICSI with our first. ICSI gave us 11 fertilized eggs and only 1 good embryo, so I was concerned about sperm quality. She supported our decision and understand my rationale (that ICSI tries to pick the best sperm but the best sperm visually might not be the healthiest). I wanted to let the healthiest sperm swim in to the egg on it's own, also showing that the sperm and the egg were attracted to each other and compatible. We had 10 eggs with our 2nd cycle, 2 fertilized and one made it to be frozen as a 3AB. Dr. Weissmann did our transfer and had no issues with my slightly difficult cervical anatomy and it was a smooth transfer. We are now pregnant with a perfect baby girl, due 12/25/19. We wouldn't be here without her patience and understanding and her never giving up on us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Trust her, and if you have thoughts or insights, tell her. She will respect what you say and take it into consideration.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center?
Dr. Weissmann always took the time to make sure I understood what was going on and why we were doing it. She didn't try a "cookie cutter" treatment. When my first cycle of IVF (planned by another doctor in the clinic) did not result in a pregnancy, her and I talked for over an hour about options for our next cycle and what she thought went wrong. She listened to my input and made me feel like my insight and research was valid. She actually called me an hour after my consult and told me she wanted me to do another hysteroscopy before my cycle because she was doing research into my case and thought it might help.
Describe the protocols Lauren Weissmann used in your cycles at South Jersey Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We used gonal f 225 at night, menopur 2 vials at night, cetrotide at night starting on day 4, and 2 vials of Novarel for trigger. For the transfer it was oral estradiol, estradiol patches and injectable progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at South Jersey Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Amanda was great- quick to answer calls and questions. The nursing staff at the Sewell office was amazing. So compassionate and so caring, and genuinely happy for my when I got my positive beta!
Describe your experience with South Jersey Fertility Center.
It is a large practice but I never felt like a number. They make monitoring easy with appointments before work. The only negative would be that on Saturday's only one office is open and it was very busy and you had to wait a bit.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at South Jersey Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center.
My care was covered by my insurance so I only paid co-pays. With our second cycle we did pay $800 for cryopreservation (freezing and 6 months of storage). However, we got a refund for 5 months of storage fees because we only had to keep our embryo frozen for a month before transfer.
Describe Lauren Weissmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at South Jersey Fertility Center.
We only had one embryo so we did not discuss this.
Lauren Weissmann
South Jersey Fertility Center
Sewell
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lauren Weissmann at South Jersey Fertility Center.