Northwestern

847-215-8899
2260 W Higgins Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
815-843-7034

He [Dr. Jacobs] truly cared about our progress, giving us as many options as possible. Unfortunately, none of his protocols worked for my body and gave us quality embryos to freeze. I do feel though that he tried to switch things up and give us what he thought would work. Also, it was very easy to communicate with him via email, which was my preferred method of communication.
FCI is great and has a lot of experience to draw from, but their protocols do not vary much from doctor to doctor. Sometimes, I felt like a number when sitting in the waiting room because there were so many people there. I did like the many locations though which made appointments convenient to schedule...[our nurse] was always available to answer questions or referred me to Dr. Jacobs when needed.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He truly cared about our progress, giving us as many options as possible. Unfortunately, none of his protocols worked for my body and gave us quality embryos to freeze. I do feel though that he tried to switch things up and give us what he thought would work. Also, it was very easy to communicate with him via email, which was my preferred method of communication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Ask as many questions as you need to, even about the medications in the protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He was the kindest doctor, talking to us without forcing us to schedule a consult when we really needed information. He answered every single one of my questions, which were numerous! Dr. Jacobs is truly the epitome of a compassionate doctor.
Describe the protocols Laurence Jacobs used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
He initially used the standard levels of doses with Menopur and Follistim. These were too high for me and my estrogen levels accelerated. We ended up with a lot of eggs, but zero embryos. He then adjusted the protocol and gave me supplements to take. Unfortunately, we ended up with the same result. We tried a third time, removing Menopur though and adding HGH. I didn’t respond at all, so the cycle was canceled and converted to an IUI, which was ultimately negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Cindy Young)
Cindy was always available to answer questions or referred me to Dr. Jacobs when needed.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My costs were minimal because we had really good insurance coverage. My OOP max was $3,000 for me and $6,000 for a family.
Hoffman Estates

Dr. Jacobs not only is great at his craft but he does have compassion. He responded personally to all of my questions when I emailed him and he hugged me tightly after my miscarriage and said he would do everything he could to get me through this....Dr. Jacobs primed me with estrace because birth control does give me migraines, I am not quite diagnosed DOR but I do need strong levels of medications. 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur. Typically I stim ten days. Also come day 6 ganerilix is used. After my second Ivf
Even when full they [Fertility Center of Illinois] - Hoff Est] will double book so I do not have to drive far to another clinic and I do appreciate that. The staff is talkative and it does help when I am nervous. They know you by a name basis too when you go in....Cindy is quick to respond to each of my emails, if she cannot fully answer something she will tell me and then I will confirm with the doctor.... [Cost Of Treatment] 9500 for a freeze all cycle, 1200 to freeze and 3500 to transfer... Doctor Jacobs took the time to email me back whenever I needed.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
To ask him any question you have, to email him, to really feel comfortable and trust in his craft.
Doctor Jacobs took the time to email me back whenever I needed.
Dr. Jacobs primed me with estrace because birth control does give me migraines, I am not quite diagnosed DOR but I do need strong levels of medications. 300 Gonal F and 150 menopur. Typically I stim ten days. Also come day 6 ganerilix is used. After my second Ivf (first was elsewhere) and low fertilization rate, doctor Jacobs was honest and believed it wasn’t an egg issue and a sperm issue. Doctor J was correct and all eggs fertilized the next cycle. Hard pill to swallow but he knew his stuff. I was also on 600 of coq10 for egg quality and ovisital.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Even when full they will double book so I do not have to drive far to another clinic and I do appreciate that. The staff is talkative and it does help when I am nervous. They know you by a name basis too when you go in.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
By appointment and I could go right in and leave within that ten minutes of being there.
9500 for a freeze all cycle, 1200 to freeze and 3500 to transfer
Describe Laurence Jacobs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Dr. J did let me transfer two my last cycle, both did implant however I did miscarry at 9 weeks. We will only transfer one this next upcoming cycle.
Hoffman Estates
Dr Jacobs is a warm and friendly man and he tells you how it is. He is happy to go along with your ideas and does not force his upon you. He will be honest in what he believes is best but also is realistic if couples cannot go straight to ivf...He will listen to what you want to try and is happy to give suggestions...First off I had to keep my cervix open and clear after a hysteroscopy for cervical scarring. Then we moved into iui as we didn't feel ready for ivf
I sometimes felt stupid for asking questions and asking a lot of questions [of the nurses at Fertility Center of Illinois]. Fertility is very complicated and I sometimes felt guilty for asking what they thought was an obvious question...Reception staff are great. Always greet you warmly. Never seem to be kept waiting, always running on time. They fit you in when you need o be there and will work to your schedule. Call backs are always done in a timely fashion too. Lab girls are awesome too, friendly and chatty.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He is warm and friendly and will answer any questions you have. He will listen to what you want to try and is happy to give suggestions. He didn't just push ivf on us even tho he told us it was our best option. He is honest and will tell you how it is.
Go ready with a list of questions.
First off I had to keep my cervix open and clear after a hysteroscopy for cervical scarring. Then we moved into iui as we didn't feel ready for ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Cindy )
I sometimes felt stupid for asking questions and asking a lot of questions. Fertility is very complicated and I sometimes felt guilty for asking what they thought was an obvious question
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Reception staff are great. Always greet you warmly. Never seem to be kept waiting, always running on time. They fit you in when you need o be there and will work to your schedule. Call backs are always done in a timely fashion too. Lab girls are awesome too, friendly and chatty. Ultrasound tech super nice as well. Always willing to answer any questions and share with me what's she sees on the ultrasound. Explains it too. This means it's not so much of a shock when I get my results from the nurse later on that day.
I have good insurance so I was only paying a copayment.
Hoffman Estates

He spoke with me and my husband and told us exactly what to expect with our treatment and what about options were....I am still going through treatment with dr Jacobs but he is always very compassionate and you can tell her really loves what he does. He is very detailed in explaining procedures and what to expect. He is straight forward and will tell you if he thinks something will not work and if he thinks it will. Very honest and trustworthy man.
Really have no complaints about this office [Fertility Centers of IL], other than wish they had weekend hours. The staff is very friendly and it is easy to get appointments, they also call peomptly with results. They explain every test and why they are doing it.... During IUI there were some bills that I didn’t understand and no one in the office could provide me with an answer but they do give you a financial advisor to contact
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be honest with him and he will be honest in return
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
She called me with all of my results and answered my million questions and emails. Very reliable and prompt. Fertility is a very sensitive and stressful situation and she understands that and is very accommodating
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Really have no complaints about this office, other than wish they had weekend hours. The staff is very friendly and it is easy to get appointments, they also call peomptly with results. They explain every test and why they are doing it.