Northwestern

2260 W Higgins Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
815-843-7034

2013 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Jacobs is extremely knowledgeable. He's always up on the latest research and shares the information with his patients. I always feel well informed and understand why we are taking the recommended steps. The only issue is to be prepared to wait when you go. Because he takes time with each person there can be a wait to see him.
I love Dr. Jacobs and especially the nurses at the clinic...I love Helen [nurse at FCI - Highland Park location]. She is warm, friendly, and compassionate. She's also very responsive to calls and emails...The only issue is to be prepared to wait when you go. Because he [Dr. Jacobs] takes time with each person there can be a wait to see him.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Jacobs is extremely knowledgable. He's always up on the latest research and shares the information with his patients. I always feel well informed and understand why we are taking the recommended steps. The only issue is to be prepared to wait when you go. Because he takes time with each person there can be a wait to see him. I never feel rushed when I'm in with him though.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
He's great! Don't vibe afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I love Dr. Jacobs and especially the nurses at the clinic. Dr. Jacobs is very warm. When I went in to discuss trying for #2, the first thing he wanted to do was see a picture of baby #1. He walked me through the process, and took time to answer all of my questions. He also took me seriously when I felt something was wrong, when my regular OB/Gyn did not (he ran tests and diagnosed me with PCOS)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
I love Helen. She is warm, friendly, and compassionate. She's also very responsive to calls and emails.

2009 - 2015, Successful
I had many set backs and she [my nurse] knew it was going to be hard to tell me. She took the time to call me and understood when I was upset.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
My experience with Dr. Jacobs was a success. It was such a success that my husband and I have chosen to go back to him for our second child. Dr. Jacobs has a kind heart. He listens. He has seen it all. He understands that we all want to have a child as soon as possible, but takes the time to explain each and every step, and his reasoning. I would highly recommend him.
Know your medical history! He cares about small details.
I distinctly remember taking a picture with Dr. Jacobs before going into the room for my transfer. He knew how important it was to me that this procedure be a success. He answers emails!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Betsy)
I had many set backs and she knew it was going to be hard to tell me. She took the time to call me and understood when I was upset.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Jacobs is very thorough and gives you hope. He is very compassionate and treats you like a member of his family. We have had a very difficult road and he always makes you feel like he is in your corner....We did letrozole because I was ovulating late or not at all. We also did IUI once.... [FCI-Hoffman Estates is a] Great clinic! They genuinely care about you and understand that everything going on is important to you. They are great with communication and are readily available when you need something. They are very busy, so it is best to book in advance.
[FCI-Hoffman Estates is a] Great clinic! They genuinely care about you and understand that everything going on is important to you. They are great with communication and are readily available when you need something. They are very busy, so it is best to book in advance.... Elena [a nurse] is the sweetest person. She is amazing.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
The clinic is great so ask questions and tell them what you need.
He is amazing and very caring.
Describe the protocols Laurence Jacobs used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Helen Baldoni)
Elena is the sweetest person. She is amazing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Mostly covered by insurance
Describe Laurence Jacobs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Everyone at this clinic [Fertility Centers of Illinois] treats you with care and respect. They are friendly and helpful. The ultrasound techs immediately make you feel comfortable. The receptionists are on a first name basis with a lot of patients when they walk in and are very warm and welcoming...Cindy [nurse] was excellent at responding to emails and phone calls to answer any questions I had and to provide me with any instructions I needed
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
From the first consult, Dr. Jacobs has been everything we could have hoped for in a fertility doctor. He’s so knowledgeable and does a great job of explaining things and answering all of our questions. When treatment isn’t successful, he reaches out to see how we’re doing and has adjusted treatment and suggested additional testing to rule out certain issues that could prevent future successful treatment. He has always made us feel like we are his only patient. He often expresses his excitement and confidence that our miracle will happen.
Don’t wait to make your appointment.
Anytime I talk to Dr. Jacobs, he is 100% familiar with our journey, what has taken place, and what is coming up next. He’s never provided generic information, only information specific to our journey and treatment.
He wanted to start with IUI for us based on our test results (I had no issues with my Fallopian tubes). After 3 unsuccessful IUIs (and a couple of medical hiccups along the way that required us taking a brief break from treatment), we decided to try IVF. Dr. Jacobs has discussed IVF from the beginning as one of our treatment options, and when we decided we were on board we had a lot of questions. Dr. Jacobs was amazing at helping us understand the process. Our egg retrieval yielded 17 eggs and 4 developed into blastocysts. Because of my age, we decided to do genetic testing on those 4 embryos and only 1 came back normal. So we did a frozen embryo transfer. Unfortunately, it didn’t result in pregnancy. Dr. Jacobs reached out the day I got the results to express his sympathy and check on me, which I thought was incredibly kind. He met with us to go over everything and we decided to try again. We went though a second egg retrieval, which again yielded 17 eggs, 3 of which developed into blastocysts, and 1 of which tested as genetically normal. At that point, I felt that my mind and body needed a break. I started fertility acupuncture and have recently started the process with Dr. Jacobs to start getting ready for another frozen embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
Cindy was excellent at responding to emails and phone calls to answer any questions I had and to provide me with any instructions I needed.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Everyone at this clinic treats you with care and respect. They are friendly and helpful. The ultrasound techs immediately make you feel comfortable. The receptionists are on a first name basis with a lot of patients when they walk in and are very warm and welcoming.
Fertility treatment is expensive. I feel that Dr. Jacobs’s services are on par with most fertility clinics. What I love is that they work with Attain Fertility so we were able to save a lot of money with the multi-cycle discount that they offer.
Hoffman Estates
He was always there for us and would meet with us at any time and quickly answered all emails. After 9 miscarriages Dr Jacobs never gave up on us and was always willing to work with us and change our treatment plans...We were always given the choice of transferring one or two embryos...We had the best conversations and he was always there to listen.
I truly felt that [our Fertility Centers of Illinois nurse] was part of our journey and our happiness and sadness during difficult times was shared with her...No weakness, this is a great clinic! Wait time was quick, receptionists are all very friendly! InFertility is a difficult journey and this clinic makes it so much easier. I can’t say enough great things. I was part of fertility centers of Illinois for 3 years and I have all great feelings about the location despite the sadness and difficulty that comes with the journey
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
There is no way to explain the amazing experience that I had with dr jacobs. He was always there for us and would meet with us at any time and quickly answered all emails. After 9 miscarriages Dr Jacobs never gave up on us and was always willing to work with us and change our treatment plans. We saw a few other specialists during our time with Dr Jacobs and he was willing to work with anyone if it meant that we would get the answers and results of a heathy baby! In the end we were successful and had a beautiful baby girl thanks to dr Jacobs and the whole team at fertility centers of Illinois!
He is amazing and wants the best for each of his patients!
Dr. Jacobs is amazing. We had the best conversations and he was always there to listen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer melligan)
Jennifer, and all of the nursing staff was my favorite part of this difficult journey. I have absolute live for all of the staff but Jennifer was amazing. I truly felt that she was part of our journey and our happiness and sadness during difficult times was shared with her. I have never felt more comfortable or at ease with another nurse in my life. She is an amazing person
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My insurance is very good so I didn’t have to worry about costs
We were always given the choice of transferring one or two embryos. Both unsuccessful transfers were with two embryos and our final, successful transfer was with one embryo
Buffalo Grove

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
We were doing testing to see if we qualify for an IVF research study with him [Dr. Jacobs] and sadly my endometriosis disqualified us so we are unable to proceed due to cost and lack of insurance coverage...He really took the time to understand our situation and concerns. He gives his patients his email address to email him anytime with any questions and makes it very clear he wants to help anyway he can.
The only thing I really did not like about our process [at Fertility Centers of Illinois-Highland Park] was how the research study was handled. Doctors are not made fully aware of inclusions and exclusions and that lead to a lot of additional, unnecessary heart break for us. Other than that love the clinic!...Everyone we worked with during our diagnostic testing was great, very friendly, knowledgeable, accommodating and helpful!
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
We sadly never got to do any treatments with dr. Jacobs due to finances but he was very knowledgeable about all of our issues, took the time to make sure we fully understood our issues and ways to help them. He’s very compassionate and understanding the infertility effects more than just the ability to have children. We really look forward to working with him in the future!
Trust he knows what he is doing but take everyday, one day at a time.
We never got that far. We were doing testing to see if we qualify for an IVF research study with him and sadly my endometriosis disqualified us so we are unable to proceed due to cost and lack of insurance coverage.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The only thing I really did not like about our process was how the research study was handled. Doctors are not made fully aware of inclusions and exclusions and that lead to a lot of additional, unnecessary heart break for us. Other than that love the clinic!
Still dealing with billing issues. Diagnostics billed as treatment of medication for infertility so insurance will not cover.