Medical SchoolU. of Maryland
FellowshipU. of Maryland/U. of Utah
3015 Williams Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
703.698.7355
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laurence Udoff to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Genetics & IVF Institute to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Udoff] explains everything thoroughly and professionally while also being considerate of our emotional and financial situation. He has never given us false hope or higher expectations, which I prefer. I trust him intrinsically and recommend him 100%.... We were both tested for genetic disorders and determined each egg had to be tested using PGD. This round we will be doing an endometrial lining test as well to ensure embryo implantation will be at the most opportune time.
European, East Asian, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
He explains everything thoroughly and professionally while also being considerate of our emotional and financial situation. He has never given us false hope or higher expectations, which I prefer. I trust him intrinsically and recommend him 100%.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Listen to his advice. He gives you all your options, gives you his thought, but ultimately leaves the final decisions to you without any pressure.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
He spoke to me without sugar coating anything. He was realistic but always on the side of thinking positively. He has handled every situation perfectly and professionally.
Describe the protocols Laurence Udoff used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
Used hormone injections to stimulate egg growth and had egg retrievals both times. We were both tested for genetic disorders and determined each egg had to be tested using PGD. This round we will be doing an endometrial lining test as well to ensure embryo implantation will be at the most opportune time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
She is amazing, professional, kind, and most importantly always availavle to talk or to ask her question. I can't imagine any other nurse through this process!
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
I only have positive things to say. They are always helpful, quick to help and respond to questions, as well as sweet and caring. Although I would like more flexible monitoring hours in the morning (I'm just not a morning person), they have always been very flexible for me. Not to mention professional.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genetics & IVF Institute.
They put you in for a scheduled time but they are flexible each time knowing things come up or things happen, I.e. traffic. You simply wait as first come first serve at that point. It all goes very smoothly without a long wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute.
They worked with my insurance, which covered a certain percentage. The rest we had to pay but GIVF was very helpful to figure options that were affordable.
Describe Laurence Udoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genetics & IVF Institute.
He prefer eSET to ensure there is little to no danger to the mother and the potential embryo. I believe he is willing to discuss multiple embryo transfer if there is a limited health risk.
2010 - 2011
Dr Udoff was a good listener but his bedside manner was a bit cold. I do like that he was very direct and gave detailed explanations of treatments, diagnosis, etc. I did not like that he followed protocols without any room for analyzing whether it was necessary. For example, he insisted I get a mammogram before my second transfer even though I had only just finished nursing twins and the results of the mammogram would be unreliable.
2010 - 2011
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
If you are his patient, he's great for providing information but not very flexible. He has no bedside manner but he does seem to genuinely care about successful outcomes for his patients.
He was a good listener and spent time to really understand my history. However, when it came to the treatment cycle I rarely saw him and he did not do my FET
N/A I did a frozen embryo transfer with donated embryos because I was in premature ovarian failure
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristen?)
The nurses were very helpful but getting in touch was sometimes challenging.
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
There wasn't a lot of personal care but I felt they were very efficient and I never had to wait for long periods of time for my appointments.
Overly expensive. It cost $2000 more than some other nearby clinics for the FET
My doctor let me decide. I did a double embryo transfer and I got pregnant with twins on my first try. I was overjoyed with this outcome and I appreciated the doctor respecting my right to choose.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
He [Dr. Laurence Udoff] explained very carefully my case, the expectations of finding a good egg due to my age (44 at the time) and was honest in his approach...he is very strong in genetic implications of age related infertility, he is honest and open. He was encouraging without over promising. He is a balanced professional and has significant experience, I would have liked to be told about CQ10 and DHEA before the treatment and not after it didnt work, but outside of that, i dont have any complaints.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
he is someone you can rely on
He explained very carefully my case, the expectations of finding a good egg due to my age (44 at the time) and was honest in his approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
She was very accommodating and thorough in her follow up and a very nice person
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
strengths - genetic testing, medium size clinic in which you see the same staff over and over and they know your case well and follow your progression. You are very well treated.
20 K covered by insurance + 5 k for PGD
they transfered 2 embryos that seemed to be doing Ok and were from a frozen cycle i did at age 39 and let the other 5 embryos be tested using PGD
2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Don't expect someone to hold your hand or make eye contact. He is a bit rough during transfers and it can be painful. He is probably talented, but just sharp edged.
2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
For the first transfer, I was so well cared for by the nurses that I didn't mind so much that he was so cold. However during retrieval he had lots of issues with the transfer and wasn't very kind about it. I had had five previous transfers, so I was pretty well acquainted with the process and knew it was going poorly(and painful!). He did not acknowledge this at all nor explain anything while he was working. However, he also did my fourth transfer which did result in a successful second pregnancy.
Dr. Udoff doesn't really have a very kind way about him. He is just there to do his job.
Donor eggs
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Ashley mckittrick)
Ashley was wonderful. A gem. She worked so hard and was so fabulous. Unfortunately, due to some strange re organisation at GIVF, she was forced out. It was very sad as she was amazing.
About $30 000 +/-
What specific things went wrong at Genetics & IVF Institute?