Laurice Bou Nemer

Pembroke Pines
400 N. Hiatus Road
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bou Nemer's bedside manner is adequately warm, but I barely saw her or spoke to her. When I did speak to her, she reassured me that my treatment was going to be successful because she was confident nothing greater than my diminishing reserve was going on. Unfortunately, I was misdiagnosed by Dr. Bou Nemer and treated for diminished reserve when I actually had PCOS. My new doctor says that they don't quite understand how Dr. Bou Nemer looked at my bloodwork and missed these major markers.
This clinic [IVF Florida] scheduled everyone at the same time, so you can imagine that this was a cattle call...The nursing staff does the best they can with the short staffing of their offices. They are very nice people and I have had lovely conversations with them all. The front office staff truly kept me sane. Unfortunately, they did not have enough pieces of the puzzle provided by my doctor to make the right decisions for me.
How was your experience with Laurice Bou Nemer at IVF Florida?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurice Bou Nemer at IVF Florida?
You have to be clearer about your own treatment than your doctor. Know your body and do not trust everything at face value
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurice Bou Nemer at IVF Florida?
Describe the protocols Laurice Bou Nemer used in your cycles at IVF Florida and their degree of success.
In November of 2020 I requested a consultation at IVFFlorida. They were referred by my OB as the result of a conversation about trying to get pregnant. I am in a same sex relationship and I had few known health issues. When I went to my consultation at IVF Florida, we ran through my health history and I was sent off to bloodwork. The bloodwork came back and my doctor (L. Bou Nemer) said that the only concerning number was my AMH (1.86 at 31 y.o.). We proceeded to try three unmedicated IUI cycles and three medicated IUI cycles with varying amounts of Letrozole (2.5, 5, 7.5). When all of these treatments failed, my doctor suggested that I jump into IVF. She claimed that because of my age and relatively good health, I would more than likely graduate with only one IVF cycle. My IVF cycle was an abysmal failure. I only retrieved 7 eggs, 4 mature, and 3 fertilized. All three arrested and died on the third day. This was later explained to me as a mistake in protocol from the clinic and clinician by another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVF Florida. (Assigned nurse: Vanessa)
Describe your experience with IVF Florida.
The clinic is always packed full of women coming in for bloodwork or ultrasounds, which means that they are almost always running late. They do their best to accommodate you, but they forgot my appointment and the fact that I was in the waiting room more than once. Their communication happens strictly over their portal and sometimes they just copy and paste instructions, which means that they send you generic instructions when they sometimes contradict what they have told you in the clinic. This caused one of my IUIs to be canceled since I did not take the trigger shot on time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVF Florida.
This clinic scheduled everyone at the same time, so you can imagine that this was a cattle call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurice Bou Nemer at IVF Florida.
I paid about 2k for each IUI cycle (including sperm donor semen) all out of pocket. Everything I paid for was out of pocket with some help from the clinic billing certain procedures to my insurance if they could. Still, the IVF procedure was very costly and all upfront.
What specific things went wrong at IVF Florida?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVF Florida.
In November of 2020 I requested a consultation at IVFFlorida. They were referred by my OB as the result of a conversation about trying to get pregnant. I am in a same sex relationship and I had few known health issues. When I went to my consultation at IVF Florida, we ran through my health history and I was sent off to bloodwork. The bloodwork came back and my doctor (L. Bou Nemer) said that the only concerning number was my AMH (1.86 at 31 y.o.). We proceeded to try three unmedicated IUI cycles and three medicated IUI cycles with varying amounts of Letrozole (2.5, 5, 7.5). When all of these treatments failed, my doctor suggested that I jump into IVF. She claimed that because of my age and relatively good health, I would more than likely graduate with only one IVF cycle. For my IVF, we followed standard protocol. I took birth control for a month and then went in to measure my antral follicles on day four only to find that I only had about four viable follicles between both my ovaries. I expressed extreme apprehension about going forward with my cycle and repeatedly mentioned this to my sonogram technician as well as the nurses. My doctor reassured me by telling me that four follicles was good for someone with diminished reserve (which I was shocked to find out she thought I had). I trusted my doctor despite the fact that the first time I had gone into the clinic and every subsequent month, the tech had measured between 10-13 antral follicles. I should have known this was a red flag. At every single apprehensive statement, I was given the same IVF mantra “it only takes one” and sent right out the door once more. Upon retrieval, they extracted seven follicles, four were mature, and only 3 fertilized with ICSI. All three embryos did not make it past day three. During my post IVF consultation, my doctor told me that my ovaries were in worse shape than she imagined. She claimed that my embryo quality put me at an ovarian age of a 38 year old woman. Basically, the consultation ended with hopelessly blaming me for the sudden attrition of the embryos. She proceeded to tell me that she could try tweaking the medicines, but that she could not be confident we would retrieve anything worthwhile. I was the most devastated I have ever been, but I agreed to try again in November of 2021. In October of 2021, I scheduled a second opinion consultation with another South Florida clinic. This was where things really got crazy. The clinic sent me to an endocrinologist who overturned every single medical decision that IVF Florida had ever made in the effort of my treatment. Not only was I not a diminished reserve patient, my AMH was misread by their laborator and was actually at 3.08. The endocrinologist believed that I had been dealing with undiagnosed PCOS and that this was the reason my treatment did not work (since I had been pumped full of maximum dosage menopur and gonal f to treat my supposed diminished reserve). Now I am fighting to let other women know how dangerous and reckless this clinic is and how little they care to treat patients with human decency. They want your money and they will give you the lowest quality of care in order to get it and then attempt to collect again.
Laurice Bou Nemer