Medical SchoolEmory
Roseville, CA 95661
Sacramento
1111 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA 95815
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laurie Lovely to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Northern California Fertility Medical Center to a friend?
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr Lovely has always made my husband and I feel very comfortable. She is thorough in explaining all parts of the process from preparation, to possible complications/risks, alternate plans available, and results. We always feel well prepared and informed of what we're doing.... We started with medicated IUI cycles as I have PCOS and we have a slight sperm count the issue. I tried letrozole and clomid but did not respond/ovulate. Dr Lovely then recommend a mixed IUI cycle of letrozole and gonal-f injections, which I did respond to, we tried 5 rounds but we did not concieve. After those IUIs failed it was recommended that we move onto IVF. We are part way through our first IVF cycle and now have frozen emrbros waiting for transfer.
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Be open and honest with what you're going through, as she's there to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
Dr Lovely always takes the time to fully listen, she answers any and all questions, follows up and provides you with the best options for your specific situation.
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at Northern California Fertility Medical Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Dottie/Alyssa)
The staff has always been supportive, communicative and understanding of our journey. I appreciate them all.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Every time I've gone into the office everyone from reception to nurses and Dr's my visits have been enjoyable and comfortable. Appointment times are honored and I've never had a long wait. I greatly appreciate that they are open 7 days a week, including holidays.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Our insurance covers a portion of our treatments. Then there was our out of pocket fee based on treatment, IUI or IVF, due to NCFMC on or before cycle day 1. Then there were medication fees due to my pharmacy for medications needed for treatment.
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
All the Dr.'s at NCFMC have encouraged only one embryo transfer at a time. They have been very informative and provided statistics on why this option is preferred, both for my safety and that of our future babies. My husband and I trust their opinions and have agreed to only transfer one at a time.
What specific things went wrong at Northern California Fertility Medical Center?
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
She [Dr. Lovely] made me feel like a human because she treated me like a friend and she also gave me the bad news in a very great way...she never made me feel bad or she never made me feel that I couldn't do it...she always had very much faith in me and I feel so grateful for her...she was so much help and I know she tried very hard for me and my husband to get the loan...She had me go get an hsg and that's when it showed that I had one blocked tube and when we found that out she gave me some fertility medicine to make me ovulate...and she was hoping for me to get an IUI but never really got to it so now I am just waiting to actually have enough money to get one
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I just feel like if I would had the money I would have been able to get pregnant she was so much help and I know she tried very hard for me and my husband to get the loan but you need very good credit to get the loan and our credit isn't so great but I just know that if I would have gotten it she would have got me what I wanted
I highly recommend you see doctor lovely only because she will make you feel at home and she will make you feel like anything is possible if you just try hard enough
She made me feel like a human because she treated me like a friend and she also gave me the bad news in a very great way she never made me feel bad or she never made me feel that I couldn't do it she always had very much faith in me and I feel so grateful for her
She had me go get an hsg and that's when it showed that I had one blocked tube and when we found that out she gave me some fertility medicine to make me ovulate and she was hoping for me to get an IUI but never really got to it so now I am just waiting to actually have enough money to get one
The nursing staff was very good and they always showed very good compassion and every time I had a question they would contact me within an hour and always have the answer for me
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
I wouldn't really say that the clinic had any weaknesses because they are a very good Clinic and they care very much about their patients the good thing about them is that they make you feel really good about yourself and then make you feel like you can do it and they make you also feel like a baby will come your way
I did have to pay $80 per visit but it was only because I didn't have any insurance besides medical and Medicaid does not cover fertility treatment but other than that my spouse did have insurance so his covered most of his appointments but other than that it was all worth paying
We never really bought it up in our conversations
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Lovely is very honest in her opinion of your individual situation I believe. She is very compassionate to the struggle and emotional toll treatment takes on you during treatment. She is very encouraging and informative...Dr. Lovely gave me two plans to decide on. One plan was using my own eggs with that plan we were to remove my eggs now due to my age and my low AMH number. ..
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Lovely is very honest in her opinion of your individual situation I believe. She is very compassionate to the struggle and emotional toll treatment takes on you during treatment. She is very encouraging and informative. I original saw Dr. Lovely for a consultation when she was at California IVF and when I decided to proceed with IVF away from Kaiser I specifically decided to go to NCFMC to be seen by Dr. Lovely. She was also recommended by my treating doctor at Kaiser.
Listen and trust in her guidance.
Dr. Lovely is very personable. She gives you the information in a way that makes it easier to understand and handle. She is very supportive and encouraging.
Dr. Lovely gave me two plans to decide on. One plan was using my own eggs with that plan we were to remove my eggs now due to my age and my low AMH number. Then we would freeze the embryo's and have them PGS tested. She wanted me to lose some weight that I had gained from treatment I had received at Kaiser for polyps on my Uterus. When I was given the all clear by Kaiser we proceeded with IVF treatment. I was give the maximum dosage of medicine due to my poor response during my IUI treatments with Kaiser. Unfortunately I did not respond well, while we thought there were possibly 7 good follicles they were only able to retrieve 3 eggs. One egg wasn't mature, one didn't fertilize. The third egg looked beautiful on the 5th day, but unfortunately during the PGS testing we discovered it had to many chromosomes and would not produce a baby. I'll be meeting with Dr. Lovely for my follow appointment to discuss using an Egg Donor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
The nursing staff was very compassionate and kind
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Because of the structure of the facility you see which every doctor is on duty for that days schedule. I would have liked to seen my assigned doctor more during the ultra sounds and check ups. But overall the staff if very pleasant and helpful.
I selected financing through ARC there was a set price for the treatment plan with NCFMC it was very detailed and easy to understand. The cost including medication was $20k the only cost I had to pay outside of that was for the sperm and PGS testing which was $3800 together.
I don't have any comments on this section because I did not get this far. However. Dr. Lovely and I did discuss that if I had multiple embryos that made it past the PGS testing we would only transfer a single embryo because it would have a higher chance of being successful. I was in agreement with that because I know that twins poses a much higher risk.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I felt that Dr. Lovely really treated you like a person and not just another patient coming through the door. She helped us with any questions we had along the way. We were honestly sad when she left California IVF Davis.... We did one IUI cycle with Dr. Lovely. I have low egg reserves for my age and Dr. Lovely felt that an IUI cycle would have the same success rate as an IVF cycle for me since my hormone levels were already high and I still was not producing many eggs. I used Leuprolide and Menopur during my cycle with a trigger shot before insemination. I produced two viable eggs with no pregnancy as the result.
Latino, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
It is okay to cry in front of Dr. Lovely as she does not judge you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
I felt that Dr. Lovely's bedside manner was amazing. She was very caring and it honestly felt like she cared on how you were doing during the cycle. She answered all questions we had and tried to reassure us every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Laurie Lovely used in your cycles at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Shahin)
Samantha made getting my prescriptions, appointments, and understanding how to use the prescriptions so much easier. She always made sure to check in with me on each phone call to ask how I was doing which shows a lot of compassion. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better coordinator.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The only negative thing I would say about this clinic is that the wait times can get a bit long. I have waited as long as 30 to 45 minutes for my appointment and once getting into the exam room been out in 10 minutes. Their strengths however, are their nurse coordinator and front desk staff. They always remember your name and it makes it feel like you aren't just a number.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurie Lovely at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
My cost for my IUI cycle with Dr. Lovely was roughly $4,000 due to the amount of each medication I needed. Luckily, my insurance covered a portion of it and another large portion was covered by my FLEX spend insurance account.
What specific things went wrong at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center?
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
We saw doctor Lovely for the first couple of appointments. We made us feel that we should have no worries at all and lead us to believe that the process would be simple. We ended up with zero embryos with no explanation. We were ever able to actually speak to Dr. Lovely...She was a good communicator was and open to answering any questions. We saw her for very few appointments, however. We mostly worked with her nurse.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
We saw doctor Lovely for the first couple of appointments. We made us feel that we should have no worries at all and lead us to believe that the process would be simple. We ended up with zero embryos with no explanation. We were ever able to actually speak to Dr. Lovely. The owner of the clinic took over our case, for which we were grateful.
She is not a doctor that we were visit again. We could have just had a negative experience because of our situation. She may be a great doctor, but didn't have great results with our case.
We did reciprocal IVF where I did the egg retrieval, and my wife carried the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Linda Goldsworth)
Linda is the reason we continued our IVF journey. We wanted to give up on reciprocal IVF after our failed cycle. Linda grew to understand what was important to us in creating a family, and because of her we have the family of our dreams.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
The clinic has since moved to their Sacramento location. Both clinic locations are very organized with great staff. We were very impressed with the communication from the nursing staff and their willingness to help.
About $25,000 for egg retrieval and implantation
Describe Laurie Lovely's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
We didn't get far along enough in the process to discuss embryo transfer.
Davis
My doctor is very personable and understanding. She [Dr. Lovely] provides very good information and ensures that we understand what’s going on at all times.... She has lots of confidence and experience. She is able to answer our questions in a thoughtful manner. We had a very good experience working with her.... I’ve tried a natural frozen embryo transfer cycle and a hormone replacement cycle. Both for different reasons. I’m still in the middle of the ladder cycle.
She’s very nice and very understanding. She has lots of confidence and experience. She is able to answer our questions in a thoughtful manner. We had a very good experience working with her. We would recommend her to others as well.
To just ask any questions that they may have instead of googling!
My doctor is very personable and understanding. She provides very good information and ensures that we understand what’s going on at all times.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Schnorr)
She’s very organized, understanding and knowledgeable. I would recommend her to anyone.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths- very organized, friendly and experienced. Also, they are very punctual. The staff have been great all around. I also appreciate their honesty and candidness. Weakness- it would be nice to be able to see one doctor more consistently.
Total care has been around $26,000 including medications. This is for one retrieval and two embryo transfers
Our doctor recommended a single, but we opted to transfer two embryos both times.
Roseville
She’s great and would recommend her. Very informative. I only saw her [Dr. Lovely] a couple of times becaus when your body is ready you see the doctor on duty at the time so I saw 3 other doctors over the course of the 8 months...We tried meds with intercourse for 4 months. When I didn’t get pregnant we progressed to IUI. We did that several times with one round resulting in IUI 2 days in a row...
She’s great and would recommend her. Very informative. I only saw her a couple of times becaus when your body is ready you see the doctor on duty at the time so I saw 3 other doctors over the course of the 8 months
Prepare for the long haul
Everyone was always so nice and supportive
We tried meds with intercourse for 4 months. When I didn’t get pregnant we progressed to IUI. We did that several times with one round resulting in IUI 2 days in a row. I ended up being 12 days late in December but the Beta came back negative and then 2 days later I ended up starting. Without having a positive pregnancy test it was either an early miscarriage or my body was just acting up from the hormones.
I always spoke to the same 2 nurses and they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
Strengths would be they are helpful, insightful, and compassionate. All the doctors and nurses always spoke to me like they remembered me and they were genuine in how I was doing. Weaknesses would be the cost. They are a higher priced than some other clinics locally.
It was around 1200 a month when we did the IUI
We didn’t discuss this
2012 - 2014
She's a warm and caring person. She [Dr. Lovely] does her best to make you feel comfortable. She gives you the facts and numbers even if they aren't the greatest. She never makes you feel rushed or like your feelings don't matter. I know I broke down in her office more than once and she never made me feel bad about it or like it was an inconvenience to her.... She truly listens to you and explains everything to you more than once if needed.
2012 - 2014
She's a warm and caring person. She does her best to make you feel comfortable. She gives you the facts and numbers even if they aren't the greatest. She never makes you feel rushed or like your feelings don't matter. I know I broke down in her office more than once and she never made me feel bad about it or like it was an inconvenience to her.
Trust her
She truly listens to you and explains everything to you more than once if needed. Never once did I feel like she didn't care or was in a hurry.
The nursing staff was amazing! They did their best to make you feel comfortable and explained everything very well.
Describe your experience with California IVF: Davis Fertility Center.
Everyone at the clinic was very nice and helpful. The waiting area could have been larger. I feel like towards the end of my treatment the clinic was trying to grow too fast. There were too many doctors and it started feel less comfortable.
I didn't have to pay anything beyond a copay until it came time for IVF. The IVF obviously was very expensive. At the time they did not offer the refund program they do now. I paid approximately $15,000 for my IVF and medications
Davis
Dr. Lovely is very understanding, and she does her best to make sure I understand what is going to be done. She made sure I was comfortable during my visit with her, and since I don't have health care insurance she tries her best to save me money while still providing me with the best care possible...She explain every step of the way...She was very knowledgeable about what she is doing.
As a patient Dr. Lovely made sure that I know what is to be expected of the visit. She explain every step of the way. And she make sure that I understand everything. She was very knowledgeable about what she is doing. She tries her best to make me feel as comfortable as possible.
She is very knowledgeable about what she is doing, and she understands what you are going through.
The nurses are very nice. Anytime I have a question the try their best to respond back to me as soon as possible.
Describe your experience with Northern California Fertility Medical Center.
This clinic is nice and clean. All the staff are very nice and compassionate about what the do. The doctors are very professional and yet the understand what a patient is going thru.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She [Dr. Laurie Lovely] was positive, informative, non-patronizing, empathetic and encouraging. She also joked with us through the tense times. I really enjoyed meeting with her. Even when news was disappointing, I preferred hearing it from her.... She was always optimistic though realistic. She also checked in with me via email -- even on her time off... I was on high dose meds. Limited success with first round of IVF ( ET successful but no resulting embryo or baby).
South Asian, Ashkenazi Jewish
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
She was positive, informative, non-patronizing, empathetic and encouraging. She also joked with us through the tense times. I really enjoyed meeting with her. Even when news was disappointing, I preferred hearing it from her.
If you like her, stay with her. If she is not your style, find someone who you are comfortable with. This is an emotionally taxing endeavor. You might as well enjoy the company of your doctor -- you will be with him/her often.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Northern California Fertility Medical Center. (Assigned nurse: My nurse care coordinator changed about 4 times during my process. I cannot remember. This is my only real complaint (other than no baby).)
I had 4-5 different nurse coordinators throughout my rounds. They came and went frequently so it was hard keeping track. That is my one complaint (aside from not getting pregnant -- yet).
4 IUIs , 1 canceled IUI, and 1 IVF ~ about 23K