Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipNorthwestern
4600 Hale Parkway, Suite 490
Denver, CO 80220
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laxmi Kondapalli to a friend?

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
IVF, Donor Eggs
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she [Dr. Kondapalli] is your lady!...Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very kind and warm, and considering the delicacy of the situation, always knew how to say the right thing. She never gave us false promise, but gave us enough hope with the actual facts based on our unique situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
If you want someone who is honest, caring and won't sugar coat it (but will still make you feel good), she is your lady!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr Kondapalli knew us by name, even when she ran into us in the waiting room or hallway and we weren't scheduled to see her! She was always so supportive, personable (remembering small details about our life and situation), and overall did an excellent job.
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
Since I have early onset menopause and don't get a cycle, Dr. K had us do a "mock cycle" to make sure my body would appropriately prepare for the actual transfer. While this added an extra month to the timeline, I appreciated the step because it allowed us to do an inexpensive trial run (she had us use cheaper meds that work, just not as good as the expensive ones you use for the actual transfer) before spending a huge chunk of cash and initiating the donor's retrieval, the fertilization, etc. After that, the process was pretty "normal". Getting donor eggs, fertilizing, genetic testing (which CCRM highly advises and even though it adds about $6k more, makes sure you don't transfer an embryo that is defective or will miscarry), and then the transfer. I really feel that all of the tiny precautions and extra steps Dr. K and CCRM build into their process increase the chance for success, and give them credit for us successfully getting pregnant on our first transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristi Bishop)
Kristi was UNBELIEVABLY amazing. She was always quick to reply, gave me thorough answers, celebrated with me when things went well, and empathized when they didn't. Every time I got worried, she reassured me and made me feel better. And all the random questions I sent her, she never made me feel like I was bugging her or reaching out too often! She even replied on the weekends and evenings sometimes! She also always knew what was going on with my schedule and remembered details about past conversations. Beyond Kristi, Dale, Helen and the other nursing team were wonderful. They quickly replied if Kristi wasn't available and were always very knowledgeable and supportive.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a wonderful clinic that I would highly recommend. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do believe they are more expensive than others. That said, I felt the care and precaution they put into every step to increase chances of success are well worth the cost. They also have a wonderful free support group. We go as often as we can, and love meeting others like us. The counselors are amazing, and it's a great place to get guidance, advice, or just a shoulder to lean on when things feel hard. In the donor group, you're allowed to continue attending after you're pregnant (unlike in the IVF group), and it's a great way to hear other people's success stories as well as celebrate your own.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
To get from zero to transfer, we spent about $55,000. This was all out of pocket! We lucked out that the medication was covered by insurance (but nothing else), and only had to spend about $1000 on that. I've heard it can be $5-10k if you pay in full.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
No comments, we had a pretty good chance of success and definitely did not want twins so very easily made the decision to opt for eSET.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.

However, when I did touch base with Dr. K [Kondapalli] for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine. ... Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. ... The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K spent a lot of time outlining the basics of IUI and IVF which I understand because you can't assume your patients would have done their own research ahead of time. She was good about providing visual drawings and notes to reiterate what she was verbally describing. We, admittedly, didn't take as much advantage the first couple of appointments with her to ask her questions. During our 3rd regroup, we made it a point to collect questions we had through out the process so we could get her feedback. She provided sufficient responses to our of our questions. We even had some feedback about the process and our nurse and she addressed them fairly and compassionately.
This goes for any appointment with your doctor. Collect questions you might have through out your own personally research and reading. Feel free to ask all the questions you might have even if you feel comfortable about what you've already read about the topic. At CCRM, you don't have frequent interaction with your doctor so make sure to take advantage of every regroup meeting. I have not personally taken advantage of this yet but I recommend reaching out to your doctor outside of the normal regroup meetings if you have something specific you want them to address. In terms of care, I believe even if I did not interact directly with Dr. K, that she was privy to my progress, labs, and check ups.
The business process of CCRM doesn't allow you to connect with your doctor on a regular basis. You deal mostly with your nurse. However, when I did touch base with Dr. K for regroup meetings, she was warm and genuine.
3 IUIs all with 100mg clomid on days 5-10. Estradiol suppositories 3x day for the first round and 2x a day for the 2nd and 3rd. It wasn't until our IVF stimulation regroup that I saw my lining never got thick enough to be a viable IUI attempt for the 2nd and 3rd. The IUI itself felt like a procedural process rather than a viable attempt at pregnancy. At the time of the IUIs, I did not want to be as involved in my numbers and just blindly followed directions. I wish I would have been more engaged. During my IVF cycle (still in the middle of it), Dr. K's 21 day estrogen priming protocol with 300 iu menopur seemed to have done the trick with 29 follicles (19 of which were bigger). She allowed me to skip a couple of follicle check ultrasounds and labs which I really appreciated. My E2 levels did sky rocket so we dropped down to 75 ui of menopur on day 12 of stims. She also adjusted my trigger protocol to lupron only due to my high E2 levels. My retrieval date was adjusted based on follicle size. Unfortunately, we had purchased additional menopur and Novarel at the start of the stim cycle not knowing that the protocols could change. I wish we had known to order meds incrementally so we wouldn't have extras. The nurse did say she would trade me any medication that hasn't been opened with others I may need for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
My nurse, Tracy, was very compassionate and easy going. I'm not sure if it as a communication issue with the Dr. or what but there was some confusion along the way. I also never got my labs or ultrasound report unless I spoke with a nurse after my follicle checks or specifically asked for my lab numbers. Requests for copies of my reports in the portal were largely unanswered. A couple of times, I touched base with a different nurse after my follicle checks or over the phone only to learn there were other appointments that I did not know i needed to make. Could this be a business process issue with CCRM by having the nurses act as the care coordinator? I recommend making it a point to ask for results specifically and meet with a nurse after each appointment to make sure multiple nurses have looked at your file and can speak to your progress.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I've read other reviews here that they felt like a cattle in a cattle call at CCRM. Yes, CCRM has a much larger volume of patients than any other Colorado reproductive endocrinologist. Their business processes are going to reflect that. Some people feel more at ease with regular frequent contact with their doctor rather than regroup appointments at certain points in their care however, I don't believe frequent interaction with your doctor necessarily results in the best care. I do believe there are some downfalls of their business and finance departments. They might benefit from having a patient care coordinator rather than relying on the nurses to take care of that too. Overall, I was able to get time sensitive appointments scheduled and get the care I needed. The appointments themselves were efficient and straight forward. CCRM's lab and research is supposed to be what gives them the highest success rates. So far, I've observed this to be true. You do need to be responsible for your own care so make sure you ask all the questions you need rather than assume they will tell you what you need to know.
Fertility first (first time IVF) package allowed 10% off. 21K upfront covered ultrasounds, lab work, regroup appointments with doctor, transfer, ICSI, retrieval and transfers, genetic counseling, 4 PGS embryos. Did not cover diagnostics like doppler test (40 copay but insurance might have covered this), communicable testing ($400 per person), and specialty meds (approximately $5K with about $400 worth left over). The IUIs were probably 2,000 or so each.
Have not transferred yet so don't know for sure. I do recall her saying she recommends single embryo transfers after CCS (PGS) testing due to the high success rates.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
She always takes the time to thoroughly explain things to my and my husband. She and her staff always remember me, ask me how I'm doing, and give me hugs. I feel like they really care about me. ... Dr. K [Kondapalli] is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is amazing. She always thoroughly explains everything. I love the drawings she does as the are a good "take-away" and I refer to them often. She never seems put off by a question. I always feel really happy and optimistic after I've had a regroup with Dr. K. Dr K also did a fibroid removal surgery for me and it went super smoothly. She even billed it as gynecological instead of for fertility so that it would be covered by my insurance (I have no infertility insurance coverage). She's amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions. Also, save the drawings she gives you! They are super helpful to look back at later.
We did 2 IUIs with Femara/letrozole. She chose letrozole over clomid because I have a history of optical migraines. I had no ill side effects from the letrozole. I produced 1 mature follicle on 5mg, and 3 mature follicles on 7.5mg. We have no MFI. Both IUIs failed. After that we moved on to IVF which Dr. K was very supportive of. As I am 37, with an AMH of .3 and AFC of 6, I don't have time to waste. We are doing the early embryo banking program with 2 retrievals planned (for now). For my first IVF round, she did an estrogen patch priming protocol with Cetrotide during priming. Stim meds were 150 Menopur, 300 Gonal F, Omnitrope, and dexamethasone. I am still in stims, but had my regroup the other day. I have 9 follicles, but some aren't growing so she has added 7.5mg letrozole to my protocol since I responded well to it. She also mentioned she already has an idea of how she will change up my priming for next time. I appreciate how responsive she is to how my body reacts to the meds. I also love that they do a lot of monitoring during stims so they know what's going on. I think I would be much more anxious if they weren't monitoring as closely. I haven't had my retrieval yet so don't know results yet.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I love Angelica! I was sad when she went on maternity leave (though completely understandable of course). The nurses filling in with her did a good job, but I didn't get to really know them and I felt a little lost not having a dedicated nurse. But they were always super responsive and answered all of my questions. I'm glad Angelica was back when we started IVF. She's super organized, clearly knows her stuff, and is also really nice and encouraging. She feels more like a friend helping me through this. I am very type A and extremely organized and it's so nice that I don't have to worry about anyone at the clinic dropping the ball. They are so on top of everything.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
While it sucks to be a self-pay patient, they do make it pretty easy on us. The packages are clearly spelled out and I haven't had any issues with billing. I've heard that this experience can be very different if you're trying to work with insurance and CCRM. The only weakness I've experienced is with one particular staff member. I don't know her name, but she is always working the checkout desk at the Rose office. She isn't very nice and I always feel like I'm being super annoying by trying to check out and PAY THEM MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MONEY. She also never gives me the itemized receipt, which I always get at checkout at the Lonetree office. But other than that everyone is great. Maybe not the best sign, but the check-in front desk lady knows me by face now. I guess I am there .a lot! My only other "wish" for CCRM is that I wish they had a robust online portal. They do not use it for anything other than "email" communication. I do not have copies of many of my test results and often won't get details unless I ask my nurse specifically. (They always give it when I ask.) I have been downloading my medical records for my personal files for years, so it feels weird not to have access to them. I also wish you could schedule appointments online and not have to call every time. They make it easy when you call, I'd just prefer to do it online.
IUI cost $458 + $200 for each ultrasound ... probably around $1000-1500 total per IUI. For IVF, with the early embryo banking program, we'll pay $38500 for 2 retrievals (including all monitoring), one frozen embryo transfer, and CCS/PGS testing for up to 6 embryos. Meds for Retrieval #1 cost $5500.
Denver

Dr Kondapalli was warm, knowledgeable and optimistic. She made me feel at ease during the scary times and cared about during the sad times. She was appropriately upbeat during the times we needed hope and encouragement. She answered questions honestly with educated answers. ... Dr Kondapalli has a strong stance on eSET vs multiple embryos, especially with my history of a successful eSET in the past. ...
You are in good hands.
Dr Kondapalli is very warm and welcoming. She gave me hugs, made eye contact, took her time with me and my husband, and called me personally after my second beta number didn't rise as we had hoped it would.
We did an FET of 5 day embryos. We started with birth control pills and lupron as we were trying to accommodate the specific transfer date that worked best for my husband's schedule. 3 weeks out from our transfer date we stopped birth control to allow for a menstrual cycle and then started estrogen patches, changing them every other day and Lupron. Closer to transfer we also started progesterone in oil injections every other day and progesterone suppositories. The last few days before transfer I also took doxycycline and medrol. Oral estrogen was added a week before transfer as my estradiol level was not high enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Sarah McLeod)
Sarah was extremely helpful, she always took time to answer my questions and was comforting. She also asked the doctor when I made requests rather than just making the decision herself.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I feel that CCRM's biggest strengths is it's streamline of this process. They work like a well oiled machine, they've figure out what works and stick to it. However, I feel their popularity and number of patients can occasionally make some things take longer. There were several times I waited all day for a phone call of a lab result sent over that morning. A more prompt response for life changing results would be appreciated. Overall, everyone from the front desk to the lab is very friendly, always smiling and kind.
For an FET with out of state monitoring, our treatment costs for the embryology lab and CCRMs cost was close to $6000. Out of state monitoring added an additional couple of thousand dollars as did medication.
Lone Tree

I felt comfortable with her [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli's] preference to only transfer one embryo...She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases...She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
We found her to be condescending. She spoke to us like we are children complete with drawing pictures. I found it hard to get her to just level with us and talk to us as if we are peers. Initially, she painted a very negative outlook for us and suggested we go straight to IVF. We decided to try an IUI and were successful. It made us feel like she is in the business of selling IVF. When we attempted IVF for a second child, she painted an extremely rosy picture, and we were unsuccessful. From the little diagram she drew explaining our odds, we thought we had a 65% chance of success with IVF. Turns out we misunderstood what she meant/said - so, I don't trust her communication.
She seems very by the book and makes decisions based on statistics rather than an individual patient. I'm so glad we attempted IUI against her advice.
I felt an urgency when we met, like we were on the clock and she was anxious to move on to her next task. She also quickly turns to drawing pictures to explain things, which makes me feel like I'm in grade school. She gave us a 7% chance of an IUI working and it worked, which makes me think we had greater than a 7% chance. She was not clear about the overall bad odds of IVF working for us and led us to believe it would likely work. I think she operates based more off of statistics than individual cases.
We used an antagonist protocol and did not respond as well as they predicted. They predicted 16 eggs and we had 6 mature.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
We are generally happy with the nursing staff. We mostly see them and rarely see the doc. They usually respond to our messages quickly and seem to advocate for us with the business office, getting prescriptions, etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
It feels a bit cold and I don't like how open the business desk is. I do think the receptionists can be unprofessional. Everyone in the waiting room can hear you discussing your business there. I do think it is a well-oiled machine. You are in and out quickly, get your results quickly, get answers quickly. I have found them to be efficient and respectful. I do have confidence in the nurses and doctors.
-Initial diagnostic costs - 4k -IUI x 4 @ $800 -Sperm samples x 6 @ $300 -Frozen sperm deposits x 2 @ $450 -IVF 30k I'm sure there's more...
I felt comfortable with her preference to only transfer one embryo, but I don't really want multiples.
Denver

I did three retrieval’s [with Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] and every one was different...We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming...I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I’ve never actually spoken with Dr. K (over the phone Orin person) since my initial appt....I think dr K absolutely knows her stuff and was good at adjusting my treatments each round of my IUIs as she learned new info, however I rarely knew why she was doing what she was doing. I wish I’d had check ins after each one, but that wasn’t offered. I believe she cares deeply and is in her office truly studying my #s and deciding the best course for us
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I think dr K absolutely knows her stuff and was good at adjusting my treatments each round of my IUIs as she learned new info, however I rarely knew why she was doing what she was doing. I wish I’d had check ins after each one, but that wasn’t offered. I believe she cares deeply and is in her office truly studying my #s and deciding the best course for us, on the flip side lots of questions go unanswered since I have zero communication with her.
Ask a LOT of questions up front as you might never speak with her again.
I’ve done 3 IUIs so far- all failed. 1st IUI- oral clomid and took forever- 5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 2nd- oral clomid followed by menopur shots still took a long time (40+ days)- 4-5 ultrasounds in total- eventually triggered and did timed intercourse. 3rd IUI: oral clomid alongside menopur shots- 1ultrasounds in total- growth was more predictable- triggered and did timed intercourse. Each one took a different course and they seemed to get more streamlined as we progressed.
The nursing staff is clearly over worked with too many patience, so not all the blame falls on them. That said, my particular nurse treated me as if I was on a ‘need to know’ basis and didn’t need to know anything. I felt like a lot of details as well as reasons/rationale were left of, I was oftenleft puzzled testing a friend who had been through this. Also, a couple mistakes were made in regards to medication etc.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Their lab and results are great. Their reputation is too notch. Their doctors are well regarded. Their facilities are top of the line. Weakness: there Private equity backed and it’s a money making machine- so they are very very lean on staff (too lean) and the nurse I interacted with was not the best. You have to really stay on top of them.
I am about $10,000 in including all the workup tests, appts, etc. and then the 3 IUIs.
Denver

My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K [Dr. Kondapalli] but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.... I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg)... my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best....She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations....In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can...She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best. I am a physician myself and I have extremely high standards for medical care. I sought out Dr. Kondapalli after a well respected physician colleague of mine recommended her after she helped her to achieve a successful healthy pregnancy. I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli. She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations. This was my second experience with IVF and the first one was not a positive one at all. During my first egg retrieval, only 8 eggs were retrieved and three embryos were created. These aren't horrible results for many IVF families, but 8 eggs from a relatively young and healthy person without fertility issues, is very disappointing. When I started seeing Dr. Kondapalli it was apparent from the very beginning that I was dealing with an entirely different level of expertise. To make a sports reference, it was like I went from T-ball to the major leagues. She was able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 of which fertilized. This is a remarkable retrieval result and it is entirely due to Dr. Kondapalli and her unparalleled attention to detail, conscientious monitoring and skilled adjustments throughout the entire process. In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can. Due to the day that my retrieval fell on, I was scheduled to have my retrieval performed by another undoubtedly skilled physician at CCRM. I traveled to Denver from out of state specifically for Dr. Kondapalli, so I was understandably really upset and disappointed that the person who I had come to trust was not going to be there for one of the most important steps in the process. I expressed my disappointment to Dr. Kondapalli and she did something for me that I will never forget. She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
Definitely go to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing office is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
I rarely spoke to my doctor. She seemed uninterested in trying anything with me other than the repeated suggestion I move to IVF, which I could not afford at the tome...I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false...When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling...She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experien
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false, like that of a cheerleader in a movie. When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling. Her only suggestion was that I moved to IVF. She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experience than her who was willing to give it at least a year, given the fact that he had had women my age become pregnant. I believe Dr Kondapali was more concerned with her statistics and bringing in the IVF Revenue than actually helping me have a baby within the limits I was faced with the financially and age wise.
Do not go looking to her for compassion. Also, make sure you’re well educated on the process because the nurses are not always equal in their knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr. Schoolcraft, because Ellie, his nurse is extremely knowledgeable, and serves as an excellent substitute when he’s not directly available for questions.
Dr Kondapali let me do one natural cycle at my request. The second cycle, we tried a relatively low dose of Clomid 50mg and one or two Menopur injections for boosting. After that, we moved to Femara 10mg ( I reported side effects from Clomid) plus Menopur 150. When that didn’t work, I believe we increased to 300. That was for two additional cycles. After that, I switched clinics when she broke the news to me that she would only do six medicated cycles with me and that no one else in the practice would touch me either for more than that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember name)
The nurses often had to go back to the doctor to get answers to questions. This was a different experience to the one I’m having now with Dr. Schoolcraft Nurse Ellie who is able to answer almost all of my questions. Whenever I would get upset, because a cycle failed or just the Billing stress got to me, I would shed tears. Twice the nurses suggested I “speak to the psychologist”, which of course, comes with a hefty fee of over $200 I believe.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost, followed by the fact that you cannot switch doctors if you’re unhappy. I think that’s ludicrous. They made a one time exception for me because I came back for a different procedure – IVF, and told them I wasn’t coming unless I could have a doctor other than Kondapali. They gave me Dr. Schoolcraft as I requested.
Since this was covered under insurance, it’s hard to estimate what my out-of-pocket actually was, because they are still processing claims that are over a year old! The billing process was terrible. The cost of my IVF procedure I estimate at about $40,000 including additional diagnostics and medication above the cost of the procedure.
I am at the beginning stages of IVF so I cannot answer this as of yet

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case...Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Our path has been turbulent, considering that we had to change doctors after egg retrieval and prior to the embryo transfer. We were told that we had very good chances of pregnancy, and felt extremely confused when we got a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
Be your own advocate.
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case.
The first round of IVF was pretty typical - I didn't have any hormone issues, and so we used the lowest doses possible. For the second round of IVF, Dr. Kondapalli didn't have any changes other than suggesting that we use the progesterone oil. During my consult after the second failed attempt, she recommended that we try a uterine scrape (I wonder why she didn't try this before). I asked her whether we could forgo using the hormone medications, and she said that we could if we wished, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
While I was under care, I had many different nurses (one terminated, one went on maternity leave, etc.). This created some issues, as there was clearly a lack of communication. In one instance, my calendar was incorrect and I had to contact them to fix it and change my protocol. In another instance, I had not heard about my pregnancy test results and had to call in before they closed for the day. That's how I found out about my second failed attempt, which broke me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw. That being said, I haven't had a successful transfer, and sometimes question the viability of the embryos (even though they have been genetically tested, etc.).
We were talked into doing every test and procedure, as there were male infertility issues that we had questions about.
We chose one embryo for the first attempt, as she said that I had a very high chance of pregnancy. She recommended transferring two embryos for the second attempt. I have no complaints about this approach.
Denver

At first I was thrilled to have her [Dr Kondapalli] as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
At first I was thrilled to have her as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
See another doctor.
She frequently confused information. She had never read our chart when we went to meet with her. She made many mistakes. We only met with her 3 times. She refused to admit she made mistakes.
She first put me on an antagonist protocol, it produced a lot of eggs but my estrogen skyrocketed. The second protocol was the same but with estrogen priming. My estrogen hit almost 7,000. She refused to admit that it was the protocol and actually had the nerve to say, "we could change the protocol, what do you think we should do?"
It's hard to blame the nurses because they are underpaid, overworked and not trained. I never had one nurse - I spoke to several who frequently made mistakes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A money-making machine that pushes donor egg and sperm to boost their numbers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Cattle-call line.
In total, almost $75,000 including one unnecessary surgery for my husband. Result: 0 embryos

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
[Dr.] Kondapalli cared for our clinical needs and our emotional responses to them. She always connected with us and used kindness and compassion... was thorough, competent, patient, and concerned for our needs and preferences. She was attentive to our questions and always seemed glad to see us. I felt completely comfortable in her care and trust her completely...she understands how daunting this process is and is totally willing to dig into details or teaching.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was thorough, competent, patient, and concerned for our needs and preferences. She was attentive to our questions and always seemed glad to see us. I felt completely comfortable in her care and trust her completely.
If you have a concern or question, just speak up--she understands how daunting this process is and is totally willing to dig into details or teaching.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kate K)
Kate K is a perpetually caring and wonderful nurse. She bends over backwards for her patients and is always willing to lend a reasurrance or double check anything. She is kind, empathetic, and always hopeful and with you wherever you are in your process.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is a large clinic so it can feel a bit like a baby factory at times. However after you've been there a while you will see how much the whole staff does care about you and your outcomes. They do the best treatment and ha e the best outcomes which I think at times can lead to less of a customer service view-since they don't need to.
Our IVF cost was 21,000 and we spent about 8,000 on meds and 2,000 on acupuncture and adjunct treatments.

4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
I'm not able to get a thick lining. Dr K[ondapalli] used a STIM FET cycle which other doctors wouldn't use. I became pregnant both times. I appreciated how she was willing to try different techniques...very personable, she is positive and you can tell she cares...Good with communication, spends a lot of time to explain procedures, positive, will develop innovative plan. Will call after positive and unsuccessful results. Really feel like she cares and is in this with you.
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Ask a lot of questions
very personable, she is positive and you can tell she cares
I'm not able to get a thick lining. Dr K used a STIM FET cycle which other doctors wouldn't use. I became pregnant both times. I appreciated how she was willing to try different techniques.
Very caring, thorough, organized
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
up to date surgery center, a lot of staff means someone is always available. high quality nurses. don't always explain small details, like follow up steps after loss. with any clinic the patient always needs to understand the protocol and ask a lot of questions. I've found (and other patients I've talked to have found) that their billing office is often disorganized and will charge incorrectly. make sure to always know what you should be charged for and be ready to dispute any incorrect charges.
I've done a total of 4 retrievals and 8 FET cycles at two clinics. With acupuncture and medication I've spent over $120,000. Don't remember specifically at CCRM but it is more expansive than the first clinic I went to.
CCRM likes to transfer one embryo at a time
Denver

My first IUI cycle [wtih Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately, it was discovered to be an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. Dr. Kondapalli dropped everything and performed emergency life-saving surgery to remove my tube. I am eternally grateful to her for her professionalism and for how seriously and exceptionally she treated such a terrifying experience...looked at our situation and gave us personalized recommendations.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli looked at our situation and gave us personalized recommendations. Then, when my pregnancy was ectopic and moments away from rupturing, she performed emergency surgery to remove my left Fallopian tube and most likely saved my life.
She is very willing to answer any questions you may have, so definitely come prepared with a list!
My first IUI cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately, it was discovered to be an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. Dr. Kondapalli dropped everything and performed emergency life-saving surgery to remove my tube. I am eternally grateful to her for her professionalism and for how seriously and exceptionally she treated such a terrifying experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Erin)
Tracy was my primary nurse during the IUI and Erin was my nurse during the ectopic pregnancy and salpingectomy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best for a reason. Everyone is very knowledgeable and when my situation became life-threatening, everyone took it very seriously and made sure I was okay. You do have to advocate for yourself, as well, but I’ve neevr had a hard time getting a response and I’ve always felt like I was taken seriously if I had a question or concern.
Denver

We always felt she [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] had time for all of our questions, understood our history and cared about the success of our cycle!...has a wealth of knowledge. She used pictures/drawings to show the process. This helped to have a visual understanding of what we would experience...spoke truthfully about all results...is a bright light in a journey that could be very dark!
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K has a wealth of knowledge. She used pictures/drawings to show the process. This helped to have a visual understanding of what we would experience. She always had time for our questions and spoke truthfully about all results. Dr. K is a bright light in a journey that could be very dark!
Contact her for a consultation! I learned more in a 30 minute conversation about my 3 previous cycles with another doctor from her, than anytime during each cycle.
We always felt she had time for all of our questions, understood our history and cared about the success of our cycle!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
Helen was a pleasure! She was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She never made you feel that you asked too many questions. Orders for monitoring and prescription orders were always prepared and ready quickly!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM Lone Tree is a fabulous clinic! They are skilled and able to look at each case independently. I love that they have a research department and that you have the opportunity to be part of a trial if the doctors feel you would benefit.

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I like doctors that work collaboratively, that don't get huffy if you have questions. Dr Kondapalli was great in that respect. I think she was one of the newer doctors at CCRM when I saw her but I thought her approach was a good fit for me...Great bedside manner. Very compassionate....have a list of questions ready so you can make the most of your one on ones with the doctor, since you often interface with nurses instead...Doctor was great.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Like any clinic, have a list of questions ready so you can make the most of your one on ones with the doctor, since you often interface with nurses instead.
Great bedside manner. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
My nurse was very responsive. The one thing I didn't like is she only worked 4 days a week, so if it was her off day, you had to wait for a callback from someone who didn't know your situation very well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Doctor was great. Lab is world renowned. Business office was truly bad - lots and lots of room for improvement there. In addition to errors on their part and inability to coordinate with insurance company properly, lots of times they simply wouldn't respond - there is no excuse for that. Took many months of weekly efforts on my part to get reimbursed part of the upfront fee since I had insurance coverage. It shouldn't be that hard.
It was around 20k upfront, even if you had insurance coverage that would reimbursing them. I think PGD was additional, but can't recall the details.
2012
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
She [Laxmi Kondapalli] is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
2012
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
Cancer
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
If you have a complicated case and want a clearer briefing about your options, maybe use one of the other doctors in the practice.
I saw her at the University of Colorado Advanced Reproductive Medicine clinic in her capacity as an oncofertility specialist. She was very upbeat, kind and engagged.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM, where I briefly followed up with Dr. Kondapali after she moved, feels like an elitist, greedy place. The intake process was infuriating and insulting, the receptionists infuriating, and the nurses poor communicators and detached. Everyone says that CCRM has great doctors, but the administration of the clinic is a nightmare and it is the doctor's responsibility.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Kondapalli seems very knowledgeable and explains things in plain english. She’s also very positive and caring. She seems very on top of the testing and takes your whole medical history into account when treating you....She has a wonderful beside manner, and makes you feel like your success really matters to her.... The nursing staff [CCRM] is responsible for patient communication and can, at times seem disorganized. I don’t have one dedicated nurse and things can get lost in the game of telephone
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Give her all of you medical information, even if you think its irrelevant.
We are about to start our first ivf protocol
The nursing staff is responsible for patient communication and can, at times seem disorganized. I don’t have one dedicated nurse and things can get lost in the game of telephone
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Strengths are: knowledgeable doctors, and a great laboratory. One of the highest success rates in the country. Cons are: poor communication with nursing staff, sometimes you need to remind them what doctor told you.
a bit over 3,000 for each IUi - thankfully covered by insurance. 21,000 IVF with icsi and ccs testing (due to recurrent miscarriages)

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] was very loving & supporive which is a big deal when you are paying so much money & so hopeful. She had a great bedside manner & obviously did a great job! She was also very good with my parents who had a lot of questions & concerns. She treated us like humans not just another patient. She also sent a card when we got positive results. She's a wonderful human & an incredible dr!
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very loving & supporive which is a big deal when you are paying so much money & so hopeful. She had a great bedside manner & obviously did a great job! She was also very good with my parents who had a lot of questions & concerns. She treated us like humans not just another patient. She also sent a card when we got positive results. She's a wonderful human & an incredible dr!
Nothing, no advice. They would find out how great she was all on their own!
She was very loving, kind, positive and supportive. My favorite doctor ever!!!
I don't remember the exact specifics but they really tailor it for the individuals needs. We did a frozen embryo transfer & it produced twins :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Reisig)
Honestly, everyone was amazing. I did not have a bad experience with anyone!!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Run like a well oiled machine. It's expensive but well worth it. It's clean, run well & everyone is very nice
around $40,000.00
No, they knew best with my history & did warn us that we could possibly have twins. We were good with that & trusted them.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr K is very knowledgeable & compassionate. She explains the IVF process very well & seems to have the knowledge to adjust protocols in order to get a good response. I had a history of being a poor responder to stimulation meds at a local clinic & I am convinced I would not have had 2 embryos to freeze without Dr Kondapalli.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Do research & bring questions. She will answer them & address all concerns.
Lab is the strenggh
20k
She offered single or 2 embryo transfer based on the quality of my embryos

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. K [Kondapalli] is very upbeat and is quite the cheerleader. She is thorough and responds in a timely manner. ... While we had a miscarriage, it was out first successful pregnancy after 4 tries. ... She is just plain awesome. Very update, thorough and honest ... Since I was using donor eggs, my protocol was different. CCRM is very strict on all levels of what you can and can't do.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. K is very upbeat and is quite the cheerleader. She is thorough and responds in a timely manner. The nurses we dealt with were always accessible. They use an online database service that I was not in love with for questions, but they also always returned my calls, no matter what. While we had a miscarriage, it was out first successful pregnancy after 4 tries.
Ask lots of questions
She is just plain awesome. Very update, thorough and honest
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kristy Bishop)
I dealt with kristy and dale. They were both very responsive and easy to talk to. They walked me through every step of the way and showed compassion when I lost the child.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
They are very expensive and thorough so the timing takes a long time. Since I went to U of Utah first and had an ectopic pregnancy, I was not eligible for a refund at CCRM. I have to disagree on this part...everything else was great
Approximately 65k