Medical SchoolU. of Vermont
ResidencyNorthwestern
FellowshipNorthwestern
4600 Hale Parkway, Suite 490
Denver, CO 80220
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Laxmi Kondapalli to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CCRM Colorado to a friend?
I did three retrieval’s [with Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] and every one was different...We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming...I genuinely feel that Dr. Kondapalli cares about her patients and the outcomes. I know she even texted my nurse who was off work after my egg retrieval to tell her how well it went. She’s great!
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli does a great job explaining and drawing everything out so you have something to leave with. I also appreciated that she would change my protocol whenever things did not go as expected and was constantly striving for improvement.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Continue to ask questions, I learned so much by asking the detailed questions and felt like I had more understanding and control over my treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Describe the protocols Laxmi Kondapalli used in your cycles at CCRM Colorado and their degree of success.
I did three retrieval’s and every one was different. We started with 2 vials menopur and 225 gonalf. The second was 2 vials menopur, 300 gonalf, 2 tabs clomid, and HGH. The last retrieval we did 2 vials menopur and 150 gonalf (best results). We also did more aggressive priming each time starting with BCP, then luteal estrogen priming, and then extended estrogen priming.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Angelica)
I can’t say enough good things about my nurse. She was on top of it and I felt like she was truly invested in every procedure and outcome.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think the nursing staff is fantastic and one of their strengths. I also really enjoy how quickly they can get you in for appointments and how well they all communicate. The financial side of the business could use some work. They don’t really communicate well and it’s hard to get the data and numbers from them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado.
The costs were presented up front however, it was difficult to understand what pieces could/would be covered with insurance and which weren’t.
Describe Laxmi Kondapalli's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Colorado.
She ultimately left it up to use which is what I preferred.
Denver
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K [Dr. Kondapalli] but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.... I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg)... my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
My experience so far has been positive with Dr. K but I'd prefer more communication with her (rather than just the nurses and other staff). She takes time to explain options and the situation and doesn't make me feel rushed or that I'm asking too many questions.
Don't be afraid to advocate for yourself and push if you need or want more information or guidance.
Overall, I have felt that the staff has cared about me and my success. The nurses (who you mainly deal with) have been sympathetic and available. I feel they understand my disappointment and frustrations.
I've attempted 3 IUI's. The first IUI I was on the max amount of Clomid (150 mg) and I hated it! The clomid really messed with my head and I was extremely emotional and irrational. I developed one follicle and a negative pregnancy test. The second IUI I was on the max Clomid again (which I was terrified of, but didn't have a bad experience this time) but my follicles weren't growing, so she added injectable Menopur. I seemed to have the opposite affect from the Menopur and my follicles didn't respond at all, so she removed me from the Menopur and had me do another round of Clomid (150mg) - that seemed to do it and I ended up with three follicles, but I had another negative pregnancy test. This last IUI attempt, I did the max Clomid (150mg) and wasn't responding at all, so she added the menopur again. After another week, my follicles were very small and it didn't look like my body was responding to the meds at all. We decided to cancel the round. I am going to attempt an unmedicated round, since the meds don't seem to be working anymore and if that doesn't work, I will move onto donor egg/embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Gracie)
I've been pleased and impressed with the nurses.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a good reputation as far as the "experts" in the field - however, it feels a little like a bottomless money pit. I also had a mix-up with the scheduler which almost ruined my entire IUI cycle - I was disappointed that nobody followed up with me after the mix-up to apologize.
$200 for every ultrasound visit, approx. $150 for the IUI procedure. Clomid is pretty cheap (about $25-$30) and the menopur was approx. $800 per round.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best....She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations....In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can...She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli was one of the best physicians that I have ever worked with, if not the best. I am a physician myself and I have extremely high standards for medical care. I sought out Dr. Kondapalli after a well respected physician colleague of mine recommended her after she helped her to achieve a successful healthy pregnancy. I am from out of state, but it was more than worth it to travel in to have the opportunity to work with Dr. Kondapalli. She was amazing and surpassed all of my very high expectations. This was my second experience with IVF and the first one was not a positive one at all. During my first egg retrieval, only 8 eggs were retrieved and three embryos were created. These aren't horrible results for many IVF families, but 8 eggs from a relatively young and healthy person without fertility issues, is very disappointing. When I started seeing Dr. Kondapalli it was apparent from the very beginning that I was dealing with an entirely different level of expertise. To make a sports reference, it was like I went from T-ball to the major leagues. She was able to retrieve 28 eggs, 22 of which fertilized. This is a remarkable retrieval result and it is entirely due to Dr. Kondapalli and her unparalleled attention to detail, conscientious monitoring and skilled adjustments throughout the entire process. In addition to her clinical skill, I highly recommend Dr. Kondapalli because she will genuinely care about you and your results and she will go above and beyond to help you in any way that she can. Due to the day that my retrieval fell on, I was scheduled to have my retrieval performed by another undoubtedly skilled physician at CCRM. I traveled to Denver from out of state specifically for Dr. Kondapalli, so I was understandably really upset and disappointed that the person who I had come to trust was not going to be there for one of the most important steps in the process. I expressed my disappointment to Dr. Kondapalli and she did something for me that I will never forget. She arranged for the OR schedule to take me in early and she came in to perform my retrieval on a day when she was not supposed to be working at that location. She came in early for me around 6am and then traveled to her other location to start her normal work day afterward. I will never forget the kindness and selflessness that she showed to me and I cannot recommend her enough.
Definitely go to her.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
The billing office is unkind and gave me a lot of misinformation, other than that it was a great experience. The strength was the obvious experience and skill of the physicians and nurses who work there.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
I rarely spoke to my doctor. She seemed uninterested in trying anything with me other than the repeated suggestion I move to IVF, which I could not afford at the tome...I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false...When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling...She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experien
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
I felt Dr Kondapali was not genuine. Her enthusiasm seemed false, like that of a cheerleader in a movie. When pressed to try things out of the standard protocol, she was completely unwilling. Her only suggestion was that I moved to IVF. She refused to treat me for more than six IUI cycles. I found another doctor, with 10 years more experience than her who was willing to give it at least a year, given the fact that he had had women my age become pregnant. I believe Dr Kondapali was more concerned with her statistics and bringing in the IVF Revenue than actually helping me have a baby within the limits I was faced with the financially and age wise.
Do not go looking to her for compassion. Also, make sure you’re well educated on the process because the nurses are not always equal in their knowledge. I would highly recommend Dr. Schoolcraft, because Ellie, his nurse is extremely knowledgeable, and serves as an excellent substitute when he’s not directly available for questions.
Dr Kondapali let me do one natural cycle at my request. The second cycle, we tried a relatively low dose of Clomid 50mg and one or two Menopur injections for boosting. After that, we moved to Femara 10mg ( I reported side effects from Clomid) plus Menopur 150. When that didn’t work, I believe we increased to 300. That was for two additional cycles. After that, I switched clinics when she broke the news to me that she would only do six medicated cycles with me and that no one else in the practice would touch me either for more than that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember name)
The nurses often had to go back to the doctor to get answers to questions. This was a different experience to the one I’m having now with Dr. Schoolcraft Nurse Ellie who is able to answer almost all of my questions. Whenever I would get upset, because a cycle failed or just the Billing stress got to me, I would shed tears. Twice the nurses suggested I “speak to the psychologist”, which of course, comes with a hefty fee of over $200 I believe.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
I think CCRN fantastic lab, and several high-quality doctors. The greatest frustration point I have with them is cost, followed by the fact that you cannot switch doctors if you’re unhappy. I think that’s ludicrous. They made a one time exception for me because I came back for a different procedure – IVF, and told them I wasn’t coming unless I could have a doctor other than Kondapali. They gave me Dr. Schoolcraft as I requested.
Since this was covered under insurance, it’s hard to estimate what my out-of-pocket actually was, because they are still processing claims that are over a year old! The billing process was terrible. The cost of my IVF procedure I estimate at about $40,000 including additional diagnostics and medication above the cost of the procedure.
I am at the beginning stages of IVF so I cannot answer this as of yet
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case...Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Our path has been turbulent, considering that we had to change doctors after egg retrieval and prior to the embryo transfer. We were told that we had very good chances of pregnancy, and felt extremely confused when we got a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Kondapalli made some adjustments to round 2, but same result, negative pregnancy test. When we went into our consult after the second failed attempt it was disheartening to hear that she was already recommending surrogacy or adoption. We still had so many questions, as this didn't make sense to us, and I felt like I needed to take things into my own hands, rather than fully relying on CCRM.
Be your own advocate.
Dr. Kondapalli was very friendly and seemed invested in our case.
The first round of IVF was pretty typical - I didn't have any hormone issues, and so we used the lowest doses possible. For the second round of IVF, Dr. Kondapalli didn't have any changes other than suggesting that we use the progesterone oil. During my consult after the second failed attempt, she recommended that we try a uterine scrape (I wonder why she didn't try this before). I asked her whether we could forgo using the hormone medications, and she said that we could if we wished, which I appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado.
While I was under care, I had many different nurses (one terminated, one went on maternity leave, etc.). This created some issues, as there was clearly a lack of communication. In one instance, my calendar was incorrect and I had to contact them to fix it and change my protocol. In another instance, I had not heard about my pregnancy test results and had to call in before they closed for the day. That's how I found out about my second failed attempt, which broke me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM has a great clinical team - I had many eggs fertilize, and so far I haven't had any issues with my embryos surviving the freeze and thaw. That being said, I haven't had a successful transfer, and sometimes question the viability of the embryos (even though they have been genetically tested, etc.).
We were talked into doing every test and procedure, as there were male infertility issues that we had questions about.
We chose one embryo for the first attempt, as she said that I had a very high chance of pregnancy. She recommended transferring two embryos for the second attempt. I have no complaints about this approach.
Denver
At first I was thrilled to have her [Dr Kondapalli] as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
At first I was thrilled to have her as a doctor. She was energetic and fun. It became clear very quickly that she made many mistakes - we had to correct her. She misdiagnosed and recommended the wrong protocols. She pushed donor sperm despite the fact that we said repeatedly we did not want that. We met with her 3 times. After our last attempt, we refused to meet with her because of her complete lack of care.
See another doctor.
She frequently confused information. She had never read our chart when we went to meet with her. She made many mistakes. We only met with her 3 times. She refused to admit she made mistakes.
She first put me on an antagonist protocol, it produced a lot of eggs but my estrogen skyrocketed. The second protocol was the same but with estrogen priming. My estrogen hit almost 7,000. She refused to admit that it was the protocol and actually had the nerve to say, "we could change the protocol, what do you think we should do?"
It's hard to blame the nurses because they are underpaid, overworked and not trained. I never had one nurse - I spoke to several who frequently made mistakes.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
A money-making machine that pushes donor egg and sperm to boost their numbers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Colorado.
Cattle-call line.
In total, almost $75,000 including one unnecessary surgery for my husband. Result: 0 embryos
Denver
My first IUI cycle [wtih Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately, it was discovered to be an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. Dr. Kondapalli dropped everything and performed emergency life-saving surgery to remove my tube. I am eternally grateful to her for her professionalism and for how seriously and exceptionally she treated such a terrifying experience...looked at our situation and gave us personalized recommendations.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Dr. Kondapalli looked at our situation and gave us personalized recommendations. Then, when my pregnancy was ectopic and moments away from rupturing, she performed emergency surgery to remove my left Fallopian tube and most likely saved my life.
She is very willing to answer any questions you may have, so definitely come prepared with a list!
My first IUI cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy. Unfortunately, it was discovered to be an ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. Dr. Kondapalli dropped everything and performed emergency life-saving surgery to remove my tube. I am eternally grateful to her for her professionalism and for how seriously and exceptionally she treated such a terrifying experience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Erin)
Tracy was my primary nurse during the IUI and Erin was my nurse during the ectopic pregnancy and salpingectomy.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM is the best for a reason. Everyone is very knowledgeable and when my situation became life-threatening, everyone took it very seriously and made sure I was okay. You do have to advocate for yourself, as well, but I’ve neevr had a hard time getting a response and I’ve always felt like I was taken seriously if I had a question or concern.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
I like doctors that work collaboratively, that don't get huffy if you have questions. Dr Kondapalli was great in that respect. I think she was one of the newer doctors at CCRM when I saw her but I thought her approach was a good fit for me...Great bedside manner. Very compassionate....have a list of questions ready so you can make the most of your one on ones with the doctor, since you often interface with nurses instead...Doctor was great.
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Like any clinic, have a list of questions ready so you can make the most of your one on ones with the doctor, since you often interface with nurses instead.
Great bedside manner. Very compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
My nurse was very responsive. The one thing I didn't like is she only worked 4 days a week, so if it was her off day, you had to wait for a callback from someone who didn't know your situation very well.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Doctor was great. Lab is world renowned. Business office was truly bad - lots and lots of room for improvement there. In addition to errors on their part and inability to coordinate with insurance company properly, lots of times they simply wouldn't respond - there is no excuse for that. Took many months of weekly efforts on my part to get reimbursed part of the upfront fee since I had insurance coverage. It shouldn't be that hard.
It was around 20k upfront, even if you had insurance coverage that would reimbursing them. I think PGD was additional, but can't recall the details.
2012
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
She [Laxmi Kondapalli] is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
2012
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer), IVF
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She is a great doctor, but she doesn't explain as much as I would like. In some cases, I don't think that I got to make decisions knowing all of the facts. In addition, she is very, very conservative in her advice. She may order every test on the planet, and doesn't seem aware in the least what the financial burden for the patient is. I suspect that at her new clinic, CCRM, she may also steer a borderline IVF candidate towards a donor before another doctor.
If you have a complicated case and want a clearer briefing about your options, maybe use one of the other doctors in the practice.
I saw her at the University of Colorado Advanced Reproductive Medicine clinic in her capacity as an oncofertility specialist. She was very upbeat, kind and engagged.
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
CCRM, where I briefly followed up with Dr. Kondapali after she moved, feels like an elitist, greedy place. The intake process was infuriating and insulting, the receptionists infuriating, and the nurses poor communicators and detached. Everyone says that CCRM has great doctors, but the administration of the clinic is a nightmare and it is the doctor's responsibility.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Laxmi Kondapalli] was very loving & supporive which is a big deal when you are paying so much money & so hopeful. She had a great bedside manner & obviously did a great job! She was also very good with my parents who had a lot of questions & concerns. She treated us like humans not just another patient. She also sent a card when we got positive results. She's a wonderful human & an incredible dr!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
She was very loving & supporive which is a big deal when you are paying so much money & so hopeful. She had a great bedside manner & obviously did a great job! She was also very good with my parents who had a lot of questions & concerns. She treated us like humans not just another patient. She also sent a card when we got positive results. She's a wonderful human & an incredible dr!
Nothing, no advice. They would find out how great she was all on their own!
She was very loving, kind, positive and supportive. My favorite doctor ever!!!
I don't remember the exact specifics but they really tailor it for the individuals needs. We did a frozen embryo transfer & it produced twins :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Leslie Reisig)
Honestly, everyone was amazing. I did not have a bad experience with anyone!!
Describe your experience with CCRM Colorado.
Run like a well oiled machine. It's expensive but well worth it. It's clean, run well & everyone is very nice
around $40,000.00
No, they knew best with my history & did warn us that we could possibly have twins. We were good with that & trusted them.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Dr K is very knowledgeable & compassionate. She explains the IVF process very well & seems to have the knowledge to adjust protocols in order to get a good response. I had a history of being a poor responder to stimulation meds at a local clinic & I am convinced I would not have had 2 embryos to freeze without Dr Kondapalli.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Laxmi Kondapalli at CCRM Colorado?
Do research & bring questions. She will answer them & address all concerns.
Lab is the strenggh