Pacific NW Fertility

Nurse available by emailNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolU. of Washington
ResidencyU. of Washington
FellowshipOregon Health & Science
Issaquah
751 NE Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lee Hickok to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific NW Fertility to a friend?
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he [Dr. Hickok] never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
How was your experience with Lee Hickok at Pacific NW Fertility?
While I was going to egg retrieval stimulation, he never told me I had thin lining. I had no idea this was an issue until we started the transfer process which as a patient I was not aware how this piece was important to the process. He did not fully inform us that it would likely no work, he acted like you can "roll the dice" and see what happens. I feel it was a waste of one of our 3 PGS embryos. We had sent in 6 but 3 were abnormal.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lee Hickok at Pacific NW Fertility?
He's retired now but I think all clinics should require either an orientation or resources so that patients fully understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lee Hickok at Pacific NW Fertility?
He has a good bed side manner and was very gentle and explaining the process as this was my first time for IVF.
Describe the protocols Lee Hickok used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Birth control before starting stims. Ganirelex and Lupron, for stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Annie Terry)
Annie was fantastic. She was very compassionate when having to deliver bad news. When she was off, it was very clear on the difference in care I received from other nurses.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The organization of the office from appointments, blood work, and the process worked very well. There was never a long wait. It happened once and they acknowledge it but offering Starbucks gift cards and why there was a wait.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
They had monitor hours and the process was very easy and quick. I was able to get in and out before work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lee Hickok at Pacific NW Fertility.
I don't recall as insurance cover most of it outside of genetic testing which was Genesis for $2,500.
Describe Lee Hickok's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
They indicated that the embryos were PGS tested so only SET.
2011 - 2015
He [Dr. Lee Hickok] remembered us and spoke to you like a friend... He did a great job of explaining all the risks and chances for success and failure. He always seemed to be in a good mood and I got the impression that all the staff enjoyed working with him. The whole office worked like a well oiled machine but still felt personable... He let us know the chances for multiples and made sure we understood the risks for transferring multiple embryos.
2011 - 2015
How was your experience with Lee Hickok at Pacific NW Fertility?
The same advice I would give anyone undergoing fertility treatment, educate yourself so you know what questions to ask and so you know what to expect.
He remembered us and spoke to you like a friend
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Renee Lanzolla)
I loved that I was able to email and usually get a response the same day and if not I would receive an out of office response. Any changes in the treatment plan resulted in a revised calendar being sent.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The location is either convenient or not for you. You either have to pay for the parking garage or find street parking. The view from their office is great and something I enjoyed every visit. As they have become busier there is a longer wait for appointments.
Our initial IVF cycle was 6 years ago and cost just under $20,000 out of pocket. Each frozen embryo transfer was around $5,000. All the costs were made clear up front.