Available by cell phone
FellowshipUCSD
3250 Fordham St
San Diego, CA 92110
1-800-290-5000
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Li-Shei Lin to a friend?

6.8

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Kaiser Permanente SoCal to a friend?
2015 - 2019
Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Lin] always answers all of my questions and considers all of my thoughts. She always comes to each appointment picking up where we last left off...I truly feel that she is vested and cares about the outcome of my treatments. When I have questions or want to know her opinion on research that I've done, she is receptive and open to discussing and implementing changes to my protocol. One negative to working with Dr. Lin is that she is almost always running behind. I actually don't mind waiting because I believe this is because she doesn't rush her patients and takes her time with each person. However, if it is critical to you for the doctor to not make you wait, then I would go with a different doctor.
2015 - 2019
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Lin is an excellent doctor. I truly feel that she is vested and cares about the outcome of my treatments. When I have questions or want to know her opinion on research that I've done, she is receptive and open to discussing and implementing changes to my protocol. One negative to working with Dr. Lin is that she is almost always running behind. I actually don't mind waiting because I believe this is because she doesn't rush her patients and takes her time with each person. However, if it is critical to you for the doctor to not make you wait, then I would go with a different doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Be patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She always answers all of my questions and considers all of my thoughts. She always comes to each appointment picking up where we last left off.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kaiser Permanente SoCal. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
For appointments at Kaiser, the nurse is for Dr. Lin is Alba and she is really great. For appointments at Reproductive partners, the nurse for Dr. Lin is Tiffany and she is also really great.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser works with Reproductive Partners La Jolla, so for any IVF you would be seeing a Kaiser doctor at Reproductive Partners. All IUI and other procedures are done at Kaiser in the Point Loma office. The nurses and doctors at Kaiser are really great and super helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Depending on insurance, you pay a co-pay or percentage. My insurance pays 50%. IVF is not covered and is paid for separately to Reproductive Partners.
Describe Li-Shei Lin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Normally Dr. Lin believes in doing eSET. However, because of my age, I believed that day 3 embryos might be a better choice for me, so we froze all day 3 embryos. For FET we transferred two day 3 embryos.
San Diego

Dr. Lin - when she was available to meet - always took time and care. The issue is that she's not always available and care gets handed around to other doctor's, and then it's your responsibility as the patient to make sure everyone's on the same page. Being stressed doesn't help this, and sometimes details can get lost...Each doctor has their own style of treatment - Dr. Lin's is very conservative but she explains everything that's going on and the risks of alternate courses of treatment...
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
She's very thorough. As I mentioned in another section, when your care gets handed off to another doctor that's when issues occur. Each doctor has their own style of treatment - Dr. Lin's is very conservative but she explains everything that's going on and the risks of alternate courses of treatment.
Make sure you get each appointment with her or Dr. Yoo.
Describe the protocols Li-Shei Lin used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
Because of my PCOS they were very light to start with IUI injectables, but when I pushed back they were receptive to upping dosage and explaining why (though that took several calls and messages to get a call back).
The ladies in the office are really great in person and over the phone they're helpful. I've had a few times where I've had to explain a situation that's long and reception needed to condense my message - details get lost, so I try to boil down the issue and resolution needed. Not always easy when you're dealing with all the hormones/high stakes.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Limited office hours especially on the weekends. Staff is friendly and wants to be helpful. Sometimes details get lost.
$20 copay (with very good health insurance coverage)
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
San Diego

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.

Dr Lin was very helpful in diagnosing my pcos, where other doctors had been unable to do so. She has always been kind and helpful. Even though we have not had success in getting pregnant with Dr Lin, I am so grateful that I was able to be diagnosed and taken seriously.... We started out with just Clomid. We added iui after a couple cycles because it was covered and Dr Lin thought it would improve our chances.... Ask questions and be upfront about your health outside of your fertility
European, Latino
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Ask questions and be upfront about your health outside of your fertility
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
The clinic had great communication and was prompt at returning calls and emails. A weakness is that they are only open Monday through Friday, with the exception of monitoring on Saturdays, only on injectables cycles. So it was harder to schedule iui and monitoring.
I had a $30 copay per visit and medications were between $15-35.
San Diego

Dr Lin helped us through every step of the process thank you so much for all the help and care ... My husbend and i highly recommend Dr Li Shei Lin and all the staff [Kaiser Permanente - San Diego] are professonal and experienced , ... we have tried several methods over these years and have not been successful ... I am so excited to say that i am now pregnant after 12 years
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
They wall great and friendly they help me a lot they have agood Experience and knowledge Got bless you all and I highly recommend my doctor and all the staff are great thank you so much again I am so excited to say that i am now pregnant after 12 years , we have tried several methods over these years and have not been successful . My husbend and i highly recommend Dr Li Shei Lin and all the staff are professonal and experienced ,Dr Lin helped us through every step of the process thank you so much for all the help and care . we had receved from you .. God bless you .
San Diego

Was not seen due to Doc [Dr. Lin] MIA never she never called or canceled appointment she just simply did not show up. Never rescheduled appointment felt discouraged . Will make an Appointment for 2019. To go over basic testing and discuss treatment options and lab results. As well as talking to my Primary Doctor for more incite. ... She [nurse] had me wait to see if the doctor would ever show up and checked on me off and on for over an hour.
How was your experience with Li-Shei Lin at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Was not seen due to Doc MIA never she never called or canceled appointment she just simply did not show up. Never rescheduled appointment felt discouraged . Will make an Appointment for 2019. To go over basic testing and discuss treatment options and lab results. As well as talking to my Primary Doctor for more incite.
Confirm Appointment
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Nurse was caring and sorry. Made me as comfortable as possible. She had me wait to see if the doctor would ever show up and checked on me off and on for over an hour. Talked and gave me needed vaccines. Tried to schedule me another appointment but at the time i was upset and not willing.
40% covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?