6.7

doctor available by directline
Lillian Swiersz works at

570 Price Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94063

She [Dr. Lillian Swiersz] was very by the book and clinical...very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things...She can seem a little robotic, but she is nice...She listened to my history and suggested femara, because the clinic does not do clomid. I started the cycle, and she added estrogen because my lining was thin, and we did ultrasounds every few days to monitor. The follicle was growing very slow so she doubled the dosage of femara, and suggested a trigger shot when the follicle gets to 20mm, unfortunately it dropped before it got to 20mm. She also noticed some scar tissue in my uterus, and suggested having it removed if this cycle didn't result in a pregnancy, as it could prevent implementation. After confirmation via Sonohysterography, my regularOBGYN did the hysteroscopy to remove the scar tissue and polyps, so that is was covered under insurance.
[The nursing staff at Freyja Clinic were] Kind and caring...All of the employees are very kind and attentive. The doctors are knowledgable, and the office is always clean and inviting. The draw back is they are pretty much always running late. It is very convenient as they have a small pharmacy and lab upstairs...She [Dr. Lillian Swiersz] was very by the book and clinical. Where sometimes each person has slightly different needs, but she is very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things.
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She was very by the book and clinical. Where sometimes each person has slightly different needs, but she is very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She can seem a little robotic, but she is nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She was personal and asked about me as a person and about my daughter. She shared details about her daughters as well.
Describe the protocols Lillian Swiersz used in your cycles at Freyja Clinic and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Freyja Clinic.
Kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic.
I do not have infertility insurance, but my insurance provider gave me a discount at the clinic which was very helpful!
What specific things went wrong at Freyja Clinic?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Freyja Clinic.
The first doctor I saw did not tell me Femara was not supposed to be taken while nursing, which I specifically told her I was nursing. It wants until I saw doctor Swiersz on my second visit she instructed me to immediately stop nursing.

2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Swiersz] was a good doctor. We didn’t go past the first cycle because we wanted to do IUI with donor Sperm... Of course my husbands numbers were too low so it was turned into a chlomid and time intercourse cycle...The doctor is caring and personable. She also was knowledgeable. I don’t recommend for heterosexual couples interested in donor sperm. .. Of course my husbands numbers were too low so it was turned into a chlomid and time intercourse cycle.
If you plan to do standard IUI or IVF you will probably be fine with this clinic [PAMF]. ..I don’t recommend for heterosexual couples interested in donor sperm. Since this clinic is on PAMF campus the waiting room is shared with obgyn and there are lots of pregnant people around which is hard to see when you are going through infertility...we wanted to try donor sperm we were turned off by the clinics response and lack of support in that area. They just pushed for IVF which we weren’t ready for at the time.
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She was a good doctor. We didn’t go past the first cycle because we wanted to do IUI with donor Sperm and the clinic had rediculous rules around using donor sperm. So we switched doctors but it wasn’t due to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lillian Swiersz at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
Let her know yours plans up front.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lillian Swiersz at Palo Alto Medical Foundation?
She was very warm and caring
Describe the protocols Lillian Swiersz used in your cycles at Palo Alto Medical Foundation and their degree of success.
We were diagnosed with male factor infertility. The initial plan was to try a chlomid IUI cycle. Of course my husbands numbers were too low so it was turned into a chlomid and time intercourse cycle. The cycle failed and when we wanted to try donor sperm we were turned off by the clinics response and lack of support in that area. They just pushed for IVF which we weren’t ready for at the time.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
Nursing staff really pushed us for IVF which we weren’t ready for at the time.
Describe your experience with Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
If you plan to do standard IUI or IVF you will probably be fine with this clinic. The doctor is caring and personable. She also was knowledgeable. I don’t recommend for heterosexual couples interested in donor sperm. Since this clinic is on PAMF campus the waiting room is shared with obgyn and there are lots of pregnant people around which is hard to see when you are going through infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lillian Swiersz at Palo Alto Medical Foundation.
We only did one cycle and initial diagnosis with Dr. Swiersz. We don’t have any insurance coverage and paid a couple thousand dollars out of pocket. It was very expensive.
Palo Alto Medical Foundation
Palo Alto - El Camino (closed)

I felt she [Dr. Swiersz] listened to me and spent a nice amount of time with me in our one appointment together. She has a good bedside manner and has been in practice for many many years. I felt like she helped talk me through the pros and cons of a few things and also seemed to genuinely understand the difficult situation I was in...
I liked the one doctor I saw but the [Freyja Clinic] billing department was terrible. I only had one appointment so I do not have lengthy feedback. I remember having to email back and forth and call about some bills which was unfortunate but my doctors empathy in the appointment was felt and appreciated...I only went in for a consult and an egg count.
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
I felt she listened to me and spent a nice amount of time with me in our one appointment together. She has a good bedside manner and has been in practice for many many years. I felt like she helped talk me through the pros and cons of a few things and also seemed to genuinely understand the difficult situation I was in.
Come ready to ask questions and just shared your thoughts and emotions because she will have some good responses.
I thought Lillian was great but the billing people I remember being terrible to work with!
I only went in for a consult and an egg count.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Freyja Clinic.
I mostly remember the billing department was terrible. I can't remember that much of the nursing staff. I think when I came in for my first and only appointment, they were ok.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
I liked the one doctor I saw but the billing department was terrible. I only had one appointment so I do not have lengthy feedback. I remember having to email back and forth and call about some bills which was unfortunate but my doctors empathy in the appointment was felt and appreciated.
I do not remember