Aspire Fertility

Doctor, Nurse available by emailNurse available by direct lineAvailable by cell phone
Medical SchoolEmory
ResidencyU. of Texas Southwestern
FellowshipU. of Louisville
7515 S. Main Street
Houston, TX 77030
713.491.2792
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Linda Elkins to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Aspire Fertility to a friend?
As someone who also had experienced infertility, Dr. Elkins, was able to understand the heartbreak of failed cycles and the importance of compassion and clear communication. She saw me every visit, unless that was made clear she wouldn’t when scheduling. She personalized her conversations with me and my husband to our personality of me needing more hand holding and my husband needing direct, factual, numbers information. She did amazing making us both feel comfortable and always answering our questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
She did an amazing job getting to know me and my husband. She understood our personalities and concerns and talked to us accordingly. She was good at listening and fully explaining all sides of the next step, our concerns, or the odds coming next. She was a trusted confidant during the entire process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
She will take your experiences into account, your history, and your desires to personalize a treatment plan for you. Be up front with her on your expectations and desires.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Describe the protocols Linda Elkins used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility and their degree of success.
Due to our unexplained infertility, she took steps to help us be successful without jumping straight into IVF. We first tried a different oral med and trigger shot timed intercourse since I hadn’t responded to chlomid with my OBGyn. We then moved to IUI. We discussed possibly skipping and going to IVF, but again she felt IUI was a good next step based on our test results. We did injectable meds with trigger shot. Monitored my follicle development regularly leading up to each IUI. Based on my reaction to each IUI, she adjusted medications for future cycles. We discussed trying another IUI, but based on the small percentage it would possibly give us to be successful we went to IVF. We did one retrieval cycle, got 18 eggs, fertilized 7, and 5 made it to freeze/PGS. We still had 4 after testing and success on our first transfer on one embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie B)
We ended up with two nurses as our first went on maternity leave during our treatment. Stephanie was very compassionate and great at communicating with me. I do wish she’d included my husband on more of the communications. However, I’m not sure that we explicitly requested this. She always checked on me and at times did on weekends depending on what was happening in a cycle. My second nurse Charly L was amazing as well. She did include my husband in communication. She was also great at making sure I understood all aspects of the treatment and checked in on me. I’d recommend either of them.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
They were great at discussing all cost up front based on our insurance. We did not have any surprise expenses from them. They even helped us find the best priced pharmacy for my medications. When we called with any operational/cost/etc question or concern they were very good at communicating and resolving our concern. The in staff therapist was amazing as well she would check in at each visit, after failed cycles, and after our successful transfer. It was great to have her there if needed to talk through the many emotions that come with this process.
Describe Linda Elkins's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility.
Due to good egg/embryo quality, my age, and our desire for a singleton , she did not recommend transferring multiple.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Elkins is amazing I love how she keeps it real! She is willing to share herself with me, and hears all my concerns and addresses them. I have only me with her twice but I am looking forward to partnering with her as our family embarks on this journey.... I have had both of my tubes removed due to fluid. I also have severe endometriosis and kissing ovaries. I am currently on birth control and will be taken off once they recieve my labs back.
European, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
My experience with Aspire has been fantastic so far. Every thing is in one building! Consultation, financial, counseling, laboratory, and my own nurse. I continue to work full time and my job is 30 minutes away but they are willing to make my appointments work around my family and work schedule. I like that they will email, call, or text me with updates.
I have had both of my tubes removed due to fluid. I also have severe endometriosis and kissing ovaries. I am currently on birth control and will be taken off once they recieve my labs back. Depending on how my labs look we will determine my schedule. I have let my team know that I have 1 week of the year that I like to travel to see my family and they are more than willing to work with me to make it to where I can still see my family. I know that I will be given medications that will essentially take over my body. I will develop eggs, and they will do ultrasounds to monitor progression and let me know when to give my self a shot that will stimulate my ovaries. They will go in for retrieval of the eggs. Because my ovaries are kissing ovaries, the procedure should be a little easier. Then the will introduce the eggs and the sperm to create embryos. I am to be driven home and relax after this... hide my cell phone!! Then the in house embryologist will watch the embryos for how they develop. Because I am 33 it is not currently recommended for any genetic testing. They will give my body a month or longer to recover and then we will transfer the embryos. And then we hope and pray for them to find a happy home in my extra thick uterus lining!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic staff truly have a heart for what they are doing. I hope that my future encounters will continue to be as inspiring. The fact that everything is housed in one location makes it even better for me who likes to stress about every little thing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility.
Cost will be around $20k
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
Dr. Elkins has been an amazing support for us. When I need to talk to her about treatment or just have general fears or worries about fertility she takes time out to call and talk with me. She doesn't sugar coat things with us. She makes sure we fully understand everything. Dr. Elkins has gone above and beyond to treat us....Don't be afraid to share your thoughts. She is usually very receptive...The staff [at Aspire] is very welcoming and knowledgeable on our case even if they are not directly involved.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Don't be afraid to share your thoughts. She is usually very receptive.
The staff is very welcoming and knowledgeable on our case even if they are not directly involved.
IUI#1- Clomid and IUI- 3 mature follicles- Miscarried at 9wks IUI#2- Clomid and IUI- 2 mature follicles- Chemical Pregnancy IUI#3- Clomid, trigger, progesterone, and IUI- 3 mature follicles- Miscarried 5.5wks RPL testing- Revealed Anitphospholipid syndrome and PAI-1 Cycle 4- Aspirin and tried in our own adding in lovenox at positive hpt.- Chemical Pregnancy Cycle 5- Aspirin, tried on our own and added lovenox at ovulation.- Chemical Pregnancy Cycle 6- Timed intercourse with Aspirin, Clomid, trigger, and lovenox and progesterone at ovulation- 3 mature follicles- Miscarried twins 8wks
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The whole nursing staff is very helpful. They all seem to be up to speed on our case when we call with questions. And if I have a question I usually get and answer within and hour.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
The clinic really is great! It's a beautiful, calming, and quite atmosphere.
2014 - 2018
1 IUI, IVF
Dr Elkins has been honest yet optimistic since our first visit in 2014. She has never stopped looking for ways to help us complete our family! I’m so grateful that we went to her for treatments! I have my children because my age and genetic condition didn’t keep her from wanting to treat me!...She always relates to me like a real person. She asks about my children and remembers details. She’s honest and caring....Be ready for her upbeat, positive attitude mixed with a dose of reality! :)
2014 - 2018
1 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Be ready for her upbeat, positive attitude mixed with a dose of reality! :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
Stephanie is knowledgeable and quick to respond to email questions. She’s very and compassionate!
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
Aspire Fertility is a calm and serene setting. You feel relaxed when you are sitting in the waiting area! Some clinics are packed and everything seems rushed and frantic which makes the fertility process much more stressful. You will never feel like that at Aspire!
Houston
Ask all the questions you need, she [Dr. Elkins] will answer them.... Very friendly and explained everything. Even came in while on vacation because of a situation with the IUI. When things changed, she changed her plan of action. When we decided the medication was to much she agreed and changed course.... Office and Dr were extremely helpful and answered any questions we asked.
How was your experience with Linda Elkins at Aspire Fertility?
Ask all the questions you need, she will answer them.
Office and Dr were extremely helpful and answered any questions we asked.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility.
All staff were super nice, the only thing I would say to be aware of is the financial lady (Elizabeth) she would tell you she would find something out about insurance and never return your call. The lady who does the blood draws Katt is amazing and funny.
IUI non medicated 600. Our insurance paid for everything but the actual procedure.