Reproductive Specialists of New York

Nurse available by direct lineNot available by cell phone
Medical SchoolHahnemann Drexel U.
ResidencyWinthrop U.
FellowshipMount Sinai
200 Old Country Rd
Mineola, NY 11501
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Linda Sung to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Reproductive Specialists of New York to a friend?
Dr. Sung recommended one embryo being transferred since my chance of twins were so high. I requested two be transferred and after evaluating my health, she said it was fine. Currently 7wks with two!... I loved her demeanor and her optimism...No matter how busy they were, Dr. Sung always gave us the time that we needed. She was very upfront about every step of the process. Despite my pessimism, she was always upbeat and optimistic while also being realistic and explaining what may or may not happen.
How was your experience with Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Dr. Sung has a cheery personality and lots of optimism. She was always upfront with everything and explained every step along the way. She always provided information to back up what she said. She answered every question I ever had and I always felt more confident after speaking with her. She gave us enough time with her, no matter how busy the office was. Highly recommend her!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Ask her anything you want. She will answer everything!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York?
No matter how busy they were, Dr. Sung always gave us the time that we needed. She was very upfront about every step of the process. Despite my pessimism, she was always upbeat and optimistic while also being realistic and explaining what may or may not happen. She answered every question I ever had and never made me feel bad about anything I ever said. I loved her demeanor and her optimism.
The nurses at Reproductive Specialists were sweet and kind. They seemed like they genuinely cared for every visit I was there. I was often anxious and they would always be positive and optimistic which made me feel a lot better. They never seem to get tired despite their long hours. I’m constantly impressed with them and their ability to keep a room full of worried women calm and relatively happy. It’s really a testament to these nurses that the facility runs so smoothly and efficiently.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They are very busy all the time. However, all of the employees are kind and helpful and many went out of their way to offer me support. The facility itself is fairly large and very comfortable. There was a lot of waiting involved for each visit because of the volume of patients, but I always felt well taken care of. Everyone there genuinely seems to care about your well being.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Linda Sung at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Standard ivf costs.
Describe Linda Sung's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I’m young and the embryos that they got were supposedly very good. Dr. Sung recommended one embryo being transferred since my chance of twins were so high. I requested two be transferred and after evaluating my health, she said it was fine. Currently 7wks with two!
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Linda Sung is an excellent reproductive endocrinologist. She fully explained all procedures and risks. She was delicately blunt with all results. She always had a plan and options no matter what our results were. She had a terrific bedside manner. We always felt comfortable with her...Our original diagnosis was unexplained fertility. We tried cycles just using blood test to detect ovulation, cycles using clomid without assistance, cycles using clomid with IUI, cycles using fertility injections with IUI, and cycles using fertility injections with IVF.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe the protocols Linda Sung used in your cycles at Reproductive Specialists of New York and their degree of success.
Our original diagnosis was unexplained fertility. We tried cycles just using blood test to detect ovulation, cycles using clomid without assistance, cycles using clomid with IUI, cycles using fertility injections with IUI, and cycles using fertility injections with IVF. We did a total of 12 IUI's and 3 IVF cycles. In the end it was determined, that I have poor egg quality.
During your visits, you didn't always see a doctor but you always saw a nurse. You didn't see the same nurse each time. Usually you saw a different nurse every time. Overall the nurse staff was very nice and compassionate. However I flung the nursing staff didn't always communicate fully each step or what to expect. I learned to be my own advocate and ask multiple questions until I fully understood what was happening. The nurses were always patient and always answered each question but sometimes didn't offer information I expected unless I asked for it.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The clinic has moved to a computerized record system within the last year. The positive is now there is an online patient portal which has all your information as long as they diligently input the info. The negative is that the clinic has lost some of its personal touch. It's a large practice with 3 doctors and it wasn't the most intimate of offices but after using the computers, it lost that personal touch a little bit more.
Unfortunately my insurance did not cover infertility treatment except for standard lab bloodwork. All procedures, cycles, monitoring, visits were out of pocket. IUI's cost me $995 each for low global monitoring and my IVF cycles averaged about $15,000 each. I believe costs have increased now.
Mineola
Dr Sung really took the time in our consultation appointments to talk with me and go over any concerns or questions I had. She seemed to have a more conservative approach but she was always very nice and caring...Dr Sung started me on chlomit for the first 8 or 9 cycles. One cycle I was switched to a different pill that was similar to chlomit but it was just to see if maybe my body responded to this brand better. After that we switched to injections. Gonal F, medipure & gonerellx. I did HCG injections for all 13 cycles of IUI.
The portal system doesn't always work so make sure you are in top of checking it if you are waiting for instructions.
Dr Sung really seemed like she cares about her patients and their desire to have a family. The nurses and the front desk people all were really nice and took the time to learn everyone's names. They all seem to care about the patients
The nursing staff was very nice. They seemed to care about the patient and really tried to be as helpful as they could be.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The office switched over to this portal system. They are still working out the kinks. I wasn't given lab results and instructions a few times through the system. Also they changed the way you make appointments. You used to be able to call the front desk and make an appointment right away. Now the nurses make the appointments so you have to call and leave a message with the front desk for a nurse to call you back.
I have Aetna. They wouldn't cover the first 6 IUI cycles because I was using donor sperm. So I had to pay out of pocket the first 6 cycles. The doctors office had a Global payment plan they offered which was just about $1000.00 per cycle. It was helpful. After that, Aetna started to cover the IUI cycles so I only had the copayment. Aetna will not cover any IVF procedures or medications associated with IVF so that will be out of pocket for me. The doctors office does offer a plan to help but it's still very expensive. It will cost about 25k per cycle.
Mineola
Dr Sung really seems like she cares for her patients. She wants to see them succeed on their path and she takes the time to discuss it with you on consultation appointments. I think sometimes she is a little more conservative in her approach but overall I have been very happy with her as my doctor...The first 8 or 9 cycles I was given chlomit. Sometimes the dosages would increase to help produce more follicles. After that I was switched to a different pill but basically the same just to see if my body would react better to it. The last 3 times I did injections of gonal f, gonerellx and medipure. HCG injections I was given fir all cycles
Be your own advocate. If you think there is testing that should be done or at least discussed then push for it
On consultation appointments with dr. Sung, I really felt like she cared and wanted to help. The staff has always been friendly. They knew my name and we're always very accommodating to my schedule.
The nurses were very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The staff and doctors are very nice. They switched over to this portal system which doesn't always work giving your lab results and instructions. Also the front desk is no longer making appointments fir patients. You have to leave a message for a nurse and they will call you back to make an appointment. That part is frustrating.
I have Aetna and they would not cover the first 6 IUI cycles. The doctors office had a global payment plan of about a $1000.00 per cycle. After the 6 cycles my insurance company covered the additional IUI's. But they will not cover IVF at all. That will have to be all out of pocket cost for me which is really expensive for the procedures, tests and medications.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr sung was compassionate. She took time explaining all options before procedures. She did not force an opinion on what needs to be done she allowed me to think and ask questions before coming to the decision to do a procedure....Dr sung sent me for a hsg test to make sure there were no blockages in my tubes. I had blood drawn each week along with Sonos to measure my lining and see where I was at in cycle. The first course of action was a medicated cycle with clomid.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Lover Dr sung. I felt like she understood what I was going through. She asked questions to know my situation... I asked questions which she always answered. Great bedside manner. Very gentle while speaking and performing procedures. Gave step by step of what was happening and when.
Sometimes the wait was long but it was worth it to have a dr who knew what she was doing
Dr sung sent me for a hsg test to make sure there were no blockages in my tubes. I had blood drawn each week along with Sonos to measure my lining and see where I was at in cycle. The first course of action was a medicated cycle with clomid. After that we did 2 cycles of medication clomid trigger shot and iui together.
After seeing the nurses weekly they became so familiar. They were all very nice and treated patients with respect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Exam rooms were clean. Staff was pleasant and accommodating. Then become very familiar as time passes. There are 2 waiting rooms. One large when you check in and one smaller where you wait to be seen. Blood is drawn by skilled technicians.never had any issues. Sometimes wait was long
I had my copay... I paid out of pocket for some blood... other than that it was covered by insurance
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Out of all the doctors we Interviewed, we liked her [Dr. Linda Sung] the best. She seemed the most knowledgeable and we felt most comfortable with her. Plus, we are self pay. Her program appeared to be the most inclusive most once we compared apples to apples.Write. Down. Everything. And ask questions. Write them down as they occur to you because there is sooooo much information coming st you. I refer to it as “going down the rabbit hole”
1 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Out of all the doctors we Interviewed, we liked her the best. She seemed the most knowledgeable and we felt most comfortable with her. Plus, we are self pay. Her program appeared to be the most inclusive most once we compared apples to apples.
Just the number of women there each morning and the yelling of the names for blood and sono.
They are great. I always get a phone call back, they answer all my questions if possible, they remember me. That’s the most important.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
The billing department needs to be more organized and call people back. Soly is terrific, she’s on top of it, but there is a lot of confusion sometimes. Also, when I ask for something to be submitted to insurance, please do it. Don’t argue, I know what you are saying and I’m asking you to do this.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Pretty efficient, but I hate the yelling across the room if the names.
15,000 per cycle plus meds
Anovulation, Male Factor
She [Dr. Linda Sung] is an excellent doctor. She explained everything clearly and to the point. She explained all risks and how she would handle things if it was her in my situation. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fertility doctor.... The doctor told us the percentages of transferring more than one embryo and how it could increase the likelihood of an embryo implanting in the uterus and also told us how much it could increase the likelihood of a multiples pregnancy.
Anovulation, Male Factor
She is an excellent doctor. She explained everything clearly and to the point. She explained all risks and how she would handle things if it was her in my situation. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a fertility doctor. If it wasn't for her, I would not have my beautiful twin girls.
Put your trust in her. She knows what she is doing. Be completely honest and up front about what you have going on and what you are hoping to achieve by going to her.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
This is a great clinic. It is hectic though, as they are so busy helping so many people. While that can be frustrating, especially when you are going through something so personal and stressful, just know that it means you are not alone in your struggle. There are so many people going through the exact same thing as you and just seeking help. This clinic can help you achieve your dream of becoming a parent, but you have to have patience with them. Otherwise, they were great to me.
The costs were high, but that was to be expected as IVF is not covered by my health insurance. It was somewhere in the neighborhood of about $18,000.
Mineola
Dr. Sung is a great & is passionate about helping her patients.. she is very good at what she does.. I just wish my treatments landed on the days she was in the office. I feel like her guidance has always been correct....Once we got all the initial bloodwork done and the baseline sono she didn’t push me to do anything I didn’t want to do... The office staff [Repro Specialists of NY] always has a smile on their face & makes your expirence very personable
Trust her, she will guide you in the right direction
The office staff always has a smile on their face & makes your expirence very personable
The nurses in the Mineola location are amazing.. they have really helped me through this process.. they are always rooting for me
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
They know the insurances very well but always double check your coverage as well and always been your own advocate. They are a great staff and hey are always willing to help. Make sure you go with questions prepared for your first visit.
So far I just have had my copay with no deductible or co-insurance
2011 - 2018
Dr. Sung is very thorough. She is open to listening if you have questions so that she can ultimately achieve what everyone who goes to her for a baby. I feel that she is very knowledgeable...I greatly appreciated the hours. It made it easier to go early in the morning before work without having to take time off of work. Sometimes even if they [Repro Specialists of NY Mineloa] didn't even have the earliest appointments available they would fit me in if I was there.
2011 - 2018
Dr. Sung is very thorough. She is open to listening if you have questions so that she can ultimately achieve what everyone who goes to her for a baby. I feel that she is very knowledgeable And I hope that although I love the people at the office I am blessed with my little one soon
Listen carefully, take notes if it makes you comfortable.
The nursing stafff are awesome. They are very compassionate. I especially am pleased when my blood is being taken it is always such an easy process I never feel anything
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
I greatly appreciated the hours. It made it easier to go early in the morning before work without having to take time off of work. Sometimes even if they didn't even have the earliest appointments available they would fit me in if I was there.
My insurance paid 80 percent of my procedure and my insurance covered most meds.
2011 - 2014
She [Dr. Linda Sung] was very understanding and sympathetic, she took the time to answer all of my questions and I did not feel rushed even though it was a very busy office. She was my main doctor but I also saw many other doctors in the practice and all were very good...It's a very busy practice but well managed...[Nursing staff at Reproductive Specialists of New York were] all very very nice and friendly. Most knew me by name by the end of my treatments. A lot of them shared their own personal stories
2011 - 2014
She was very understanding and sympathetic, she took the time to answer all of my questions and I did not feel rushed even though it was a very busy office. She was my main doctor but I also saw many other doctors in the practice and all were very good
Make sure you have realistic expectations explained. It's a roller coaster!
She always took the time to answer all of my questions
All very very nice and friendly. Most knew me by name by the end of my treatments. A lot of them shared their own personal stories
Describe your experience with Reproductive Specialists of New York.
It's a very busy practice but well managed
My insurance not participate in IVF so the meds were expensive
2006 - 2010
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Sung listened to me. She was great....I didn't like clomid. After 2 cycles, I said I'd had enough & she respected that. We went back ivf, doing a second cycle & it worked...I showed up for the insemination & learned that there was no sample. I left. Dr. Sung called me within 3 hours & offered to replace the sample & cover all my copays for future procedures (not a small amount of money, given that I had an additional iui plus a subsequent ivf cycle). They also revamped their storage procedures & systems. I have no complaints about them at all. I have a wonderful daughter & I owe that to them.
2006 - 2010
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
She is great. Treats you like a real person.
Dr. Sung listened to me. She was great.
It was difficult to see what my left ovary was producing & the staff remembered it each time. I also have difficult veins & they listened to me, taking blood only from one arm all the time - the same spot too.
My health insurance covered everything except the copays & the donor sperm samples. I don't know what the costs of rsny were.