Available by cell phone
Doctor personal cell phone
Medical SchoolLouisiana St U.
ResidencyOchsner Clin
FellowshipU. of Iowa
Biloxi
1721 Medical Park Drive
Biloxi, LA 39532
4321 Magnolia Street
New Orleans, LA 70115
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lindsay Wells to a friend?

6.7

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Audubon Fertility to a friend?
2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Lindsay Wells] has a wealth of knowledge, and is willing to answer any and all questions you have. Do your research ahead of time and ask her everything you want to know. She will never leave you feeling left in the dark... has incredible bedside manner, would always quickly answer/respond to all of my questions, and was always open to changing medication protocols based on my preference and how everything was impacting my body and mind. When we had our first appointment with her six weeks after a traumatic second trimester pregnancy loss, she was clearly concerned about whether we were emotionally ready to move onto IVF. She didn’t look at us like just another source of income. We knew right then and there that she understood our pain, and would never encourage us to do anything that she felt was not in our best interests.
Jamie [nurse at Audubon Fertility] is fantastic. She is smart, knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and happy to answer any and all questions, and never hesitated about double checking with Dr. Wells about an unusual question or circumstance, which was always reassuring...I did a three retrieval package. I believe the total cost ended up being about $45,000, including medications...This clinic is beautiful, calming, and spa-like, clean, full of friendly and happy staff, modern/updated technology, and extremely accommodating. There is a private surgery center next door on one side, and their own lab facilities next door on the other side. Just about everything you could want in a fertility clinic is all right there. Based on my research, this is by far the highest quality fertility in Louisiana.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is incredible. She’s patient, kind hearted, clearly brilliant, and has great instincts. Honestly cannot imagine going to any other RE in Louisiana. I trust her wholeheartedly. She got us pregnant on our very first transfer. We could not be more thrilled with her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She has a wealth of knowledge, and is willing to answer any and all questions you have. Do your research ahead of time and ask her everything you want to know. She will never leave you feeling left in the dark.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells has incredible bedside manner, would always quickly answer/respond to all of my questions, and was always open to changing medication protocols based on my preference and how everything was impacting my body and mind. When we had our first appointment with her six weeks after a traumatic second trimester pregnancy loss, she was clearly concerned about whether we were emotionally ready to move onto IVF. She didn’t look at us like just another source of income. We knew right then and there that she understood our pain, and would never encourage us to do anything that she felt was not in our best interests.
Describe the protocols Lindsay Wells used in your cycles at Audubon Fertility and their degree of success.
For egg retrievals, we first tried a birth control primed cycle with the standard antagonist protocol, but when it was clear my ovaries were over-suppressed by the birth control and not responding well to the antagonist protocol, we switched the next cycle to a no priming microdose lupron cycle, which worked out much better
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Reyes)
Jamie is fantastic. She is smart, knowledgeable, skilled, warm, and happy to answer any and all questions, and never hesitated about double checking with Dr. Wells about an unusual question or circumstance, which was always reassuring.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility.
I did a three retrieval package. I believe the total cost ended up being about $45,000, including medications, plus PGS and PGD fees at CooperGenomics (about another $10k), and a polyp removal surgery (about another $3,000 total), so about $58,000 in total for three egg retrievals, PGS and PGD for a very complex probe, a polypectomy, and one frozen embryo transfer
Describe Lindsay Wells's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Audubon Fertility.
We did an elective frozen single embryo transfer, though Dr. Wells was open to discussing a multiple transfer, though she was clear about the risks of a multiples pregnancy and advised she did not recommend it
New Orleans

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility.

2019 - 2020
Everything is very exact with timing which I appreciate but sometimes felt rushed along to get to the next patient [with Dr. Lindsay Wells]...Over 6 months time, we only met with Dr.Wells for the consultation, after that only met with NP Jamie. Overall Jamie was amazing and we were told numerous times that she communicates with Dr.Wells about treatment and procedures...we were told by Dr.Wells that a natural cycle could work but with what we know now as unexplained fertility I’m glad we stuck to our guns.
Everything is very exact with timing which I appreciate but sometimes felt rushed along to get to the next patient [at Audubon Fertility]...Over 6 months time, we only met with Dr.Wells for the consultation, after that only met with NP Jamie. Overall Jamie was amazing and we were told numerous times that she communicates with Dr.Wells about treatment and procedures... We love that this office is LGBT friendly and we were never made to feel that our dreams of a family were out of reach.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Come in with your research that way you have an idea of what to expect and what questions to ask. I new going in as a same sex couple we wanted to use hormones to boost our chances, we were told by Dr.Wells that a natural cycle could work but with what we know now as unexplained fertility I’m glad we stuck to our guns.
Everything is very exact with timing which I appreciate but sometimes felt rushed along to get to the next patient.
We had 3 iuis, we used letrozole with all three and added an injectable for cycle 3. I produced 3-4 follicles of great size each cycle and there were no abnormalities such as fibroids. Each of the 3 cycles did not produce any pregnancies.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Amazing! Hands down some of the best humans I have been in contact with. They make a sad situation not as depressing. Their presence is calming and their optimism is appreciated!
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Parking is limited but it’s New Orleans so that is expected when driving into a metro area. The office is calming and spacious. We love that this office is LGBT friendly and we were never made to feel that our dreams of a family were out of reach.
The cost of a medicated iui may have been around $1200.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Audubon Fertility.
I was suppose to receive pregnancy test results on a Friday when their clinic closes early. I did not get a phone call but saw the results on my portal. I did take an at home test the same day so we were already prepared for the NPT phone call.

1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
approach would be to to put one at a time due to multiples being a risk since I’ve lost two children already. She [Dr. Lindsay Wells] feels you have better results with one at a time...very supportive and gave us options...I was showed and explained how to use the injections. I went in multiple times for measurements, my meds were adjusted as needed. We set up for the retrieval. We were given all the updates on our embryos. Unfortunately our embryos did have the translocation that I carry. We were called in the office to discuss this and were given the options to have a baby.
Anytime I called or left a message [for the nurse at Audubon Fertility] I received a call or messaged back very soon. She answered or found out any questions I may have had or have...They were great with working around my work schedule. No complaints at all...the cost was broken down one payment for the doctor, one for medications and one for the lab...They show compassion when you receive bad news and or very cheerful when you get good news. They returned calls quickly. If you ask a question and they do not have an answer they will get one and call you back. If you need a same day appointment they get you in. They also do there best to get you the time you need due to work schedules.
1 Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She was very informative. She answered all our questions. She gave us other options once our retrieval didn’t turn out like we wanted it too. She didn’t make us feel like a number we felt like a patient or part of a little family.
You have to be open minded. You have to have hope but try to get your ups up because you can receive bad news
The doctor and her clinic were very supportive and gave us options
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toni)
Anytime I called or left a message I received a call or messaged back very soon. She answered or found out any questions I may have had or have.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Very Friendly and nice. They show compassion when you receive bad news and or very cheerful when you get good news. They returned calls quickly. If you ask a question and they do not have an answer they will get one and call you back. If you need a same day appointment they get you in. They also do there best to get you the time you need due to work schedules.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Audubon Fertility.
I had no issues. They were great with working around my work schedule. No complaints at all
The cost was broken down one payment for the doctor, one for medications and one for the lab
My doctors approach would be to to put one at a time due to multiples being a risk since I’ve lost two children already. She feels you have better results with one at a time.
New Orleans

I was very clear from the beginning that I needed warm and fuzzy so that is what I got [from Dr. Lindsay Wells]. I told her I was emotional but in a good place about egg donors. I wanted all of the facts but not in a harsh way. She was receptive of what I needed and delivered the message in a way that was easy for me to understand. When I walked in with a notebook full of questions, she was patient and took the time to answer all of them. She even let me record some of the responses because I was emotional and couldn't write down everything...cycle went very well for my egg count producing 8 follicles and one pen of follistim. I was monitored every couple days where I received an ultrasound to check the follicles. We did the IUI using my husband's sperm. When that resulted in a negative pregnancy test, we took a month off to regroup. Our dog
So far, we have about $7,000 in treatment right now [at Audubon Fertility] with the two IUI's and testing leading up to the IUI's...As soon as I walked in, I was greeted with warm smiles and sensitivity...We started treatment that day using injections and preparing for the first IUI. Everyone was attentive and sweet. One of the nurses even cried with me when I broke down. I felt like they cared and the last thing my nurse told me before she walked out of the room was "Let's get you pregnant!" with a big smile on her face...
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I was very clear from the beginning that I needed warm and fuzzy so that is what I got. I told her I was emotional but in a good place about egg donors. I wanted all of the facts but not in a harsh way. She was receptive of what I needed and delivered the message in a way that was easy for me to understand. When I walked in with a notebook full of questions, she was patient and took the time to answer all of them. She even let me record some of the responses because I was emotional and couldn't write down everything.
Tell her what you need from your doctor. If you need to the point and blunt, say that. If you need warm and fuzzy, let her know. She is there to help you and make you feel comfortable.
As soon as I walked in, I was greeted with warm smiles and sensitivity. I had a meltdown the second time I was there because my AMH had risen from .03 to 1.1. I couldn't believe it. I had mentally prepared myself for an egg donor and now we were able to start treatment with my own eggs. We started treatment that day using injections and preparing for the first IUI. Everyone was attentive and sweet. One of the nurses even cried with me when I broke down. I felt like they cared and the last thing my nurse told me before she walked out of the room was "Let's get you pregnant!" with a big smile on her face.
After finding out my AMH had risen from .03 to 1.1, I started treatment that day since it was the first day of my cycle. I was so over the moon excited that I could have my own biological children that I said yes. That cycle went very well for my egg count producing 8 follicles and one pen of follistim. I was monitored every couple days where I received an ultrasound to check the follicles. We did the IUI using my husband's sperm. When that resulted in a negative pregnancy test, we took a month off to regroup. Our dog had died during the time we were doing treatment and I was an emotional mess. The next month, we did an IUI again. My body didn't react as well as it did the first time so she increased my doses of Follistim several times throughout that cycle. I produced 8 follicles that time and it resulted in a negative pregnancy test. We decided to take another month off because our other dog got sick right after that treatment cycle and we spent thousands of dollars on his vet stay. After a month, we decided to schedule a consult for IVF. She was happy to meet with us and explain the details and success rates of IVF. It feels like the best choice for us so now we are saving for our first treatment cycle.
Jamie has been such a light in this dark time in our lives. She is so positive and upbeat. I truly look forward to seeing her every time I go in. She is the nurse that teared up with me whenever I found out my AMH had risen and I wouldn't need an egg donor.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
When I did my last IUI, there was a flood in New Orleans. I have a sperm sample in a cup in my lap and I drove through flooded streets to deliver it. The clinic next to Audubon that handles the samples almost didn't take it since my husband wasn't there. The staff at Audubon was able to smooth everything over and get it through. I was a wreck because I wasn't sure if I would make it in time with the streets flooded and closed roads. They were so helpful. My husbands truck started to take on water while parked outside the clinic so my nurse went out in the flood and moved it to higher ground for me. I was posted up ready to receive the IUI and couldn't move. The power kept flickering on and off so we had trouble getting the chair in place. Even with all of this going on, they were so sweet, kept checking on me and made sure I was okay.
So far, we have about $7,000 in treatment right now with the two IUI's and testing leading up to the IUI's.

2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
The first thing my husband, myself, and Dr. Wells did was sit down and discuss options and risk. ... She made me feel comfortable and not like I was just another patient. ... She made sure to explain every step of the IVF process and before moving on made sure that we understood. ... Two months after my egg retrieval I had my first transfer with 2 embryos ...
This clinic [Audubon Fertility] is very well ran. Every single person in the office works together to make sure all of their patients are taken care of and feel at home. In the 3 years that I have been going to Audubon Fertility I have never once had an issue with anyone. ... My monitoring appointments were always scheduled to best suit myself. The staff was really understanding of my work schedule and would try their best to accommodate my hours.
2016 - 2019
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells was very nice and always able to answer any question that my husband and I had. I never once felt uncomfortable around her or at any appointment. She made sure to explain every step of the IVF process and before moving on made sure that we understood.
I would tell them to make sure they ask a lot of questions and never feel like any question you have is not a good one.
I have never felt like Dr. Wells wasn't fully focused on answering my questions and making sure that I understand everything that was happening. She made me feel comfortable and not like I was just another patient.
The first thing my husband, myself, and Dr. Wells did was sit down and discuss options and risk. We then moved right into treatment. For a few weeks I gave myself injections until my follicles were at the right size. Once my follicles were big enough I went in for my egg retrieval and they were able to fertilize 17 out of my 20 eggs. By day 6 I have 6 embryos that were frozen. Two months after my egg retrieval I had my first transfer with 2 embryos that both took.
Everyone on Dr. Well's nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They were quick and friendly for every question or concern that I had. They would greet me like I was family every time I would walk into the office.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
This clinic is very well ran. Every single person in the office works together to make sure all of their patients are taken care of and feel at home. In the 3 years that I have been going to Audubon Fertility I have never once had an issue with anyone.
It costs about $15,000 for the IVF process which included physician costs, facility cost, procedures, and monitoring. My medications were not included and cost between $4,000-$5,000. The following year after my first IVF transfer I had 2 more transfers that cost $4,800-$5,000 each.
Dr. Wells let my husband and I decide on how many embryos we wanted to transfer. She let us know the risks for the number we chose.

2017 - 2019
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
My experience with Dr. Wells and Jamie her NP has been nothing short of amazing. They have been there for me every step of the way and I have trusted every decision they have made regarding my care. Dr. Wells connects with you on a personal level and makes sure you feel comfortable and knowledgeable about what all is going on.... I started with Gonal-F injections followed by Menopur and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 17 eggs, 15 mature, and 11 fertilized with ICSI. I am schedule for surgery on the 21st to have my right tube removed prior to embryo transfer.
The clinic [Audubon Fertility- New Orleans] is absolutely adorable and very welcoming. We have always been seen in a timely manner and treated actually people rather than clients. Everyone at the clinic from the front desk, lab techs, nurses, and to the physicians are nothing but kind and welcoming. It is a great atmosphere to be in especially during such a difficult experience like infertility.
2017 - 2019
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Be open with her about your concerns. She will answer any questions you have to the best of her ability.
Dr. Wells and the entire Audubon clinic make you feel like more than a patient from the moment you step in. They know you by name and treat you with nothing but kindness and compassion.
I just finished my egg retrieval. I started with Gonal-F injections followed by Menopur and Cetrotide. We were able to retrieve 17 eggs, 15 mature, and 11 fertilized with ICSI. I am schedule for surgery on the 21st to have my right tube removed prior to embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie Pohlmann NP)
Jamie Pohlmann NP is absolutely incredible. She answered any questions I had in a timely manner with the upmost compassion and professionalism.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic is absolutely adorable and very welcoming. We have always been seen in a timely manner and treated actually people rather than clients. Everyone at the clinic from the front desk, lab techs, nurses, and to the physicians are nothing but kind and welcoming. It is a great atmosphere to be in especially during such a difficult experience like infertility.
$14,000-$ 15,000
I did not have any concerns as my husband and I are still fairly young. We only wanted a single embryo transfer.
New Orleans

First let me say that Dr. Wells is extremely kind. She explains everything very well. I did not see her as often as I though I would. In fact out of all 6 of my IUI's I don't think she performed any of them. That was kind of disappointing since you pick a clinic based on the dr. ... The 6th since it was my final try we amped it up to only injections. I produced multiple follicles each cycle. So the protocol worked.
They [Audubon Fertility] are very professional, but still warm and friendly. ... Whenever I had an IUI they would play soothing music during and after. Turn the lights down and have some essential oils going. ... Jamie, the nurse practitioner, was my primary contact that I had. She did all but one of my IUI's and she was the one that I saw at all of my visits. She is amazing!!! I can't say enough good things about her.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I would forewarn them that they won't be seeing much of her past the initial consultation.
I never felt like a number with Dr. Wells' office. Every one there was very friendly and I usually didn't even have to say who I was when I walked in. They always remembered me. And my phone calls and emails were always answered promptly.
My first IUI I was strictly on femara. When that one didn't work we added injections. That time I did get pregnant, but ended in miscarriage. So the 3rd we stuck with the same protocol as the 2nd since technically it did work. The 4th and 5th we may have done the same. The 6th since it was my final try we amped it up to only injections. I produced multiple follicles each cycle. So the protocol worked. Unfortunately the outcome did not.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
They are very professional, but still warm and friendly. It is a very welcoming atmosphere, which is good in this stressful situation. Whenever I had an IUI they would play soothing music during and after. Turn the lights down and have some essential oils going.
I don't really have anything to base it on, but I believe the rates were fair/average.

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Wells and her staff engage in conversation on a personal level (not just medical/treatment)...My husband semen analysis results were not good. He was already self conscious and she did a wonderful job providing support the first time she shared them with us. His results improved and thought we had a good chance should we do an IUI. We proceeded with the IUI and that morning his results were not good again. I think she just wanted to prepare us so we didn't get our hopes up but she made a comment about the results and I could see that it embarrassed him. I jokingly told her that it only takes one sperm and we would pray for the best...in order to keep my husband in a positive mindset.
[The nurses at Audubon Fertility are] So personable and compassionate for everything we are going through...Semen analysis for my husband are $200 each (we’ve had 3). Initial consultation labs/genetics were $2,000, IUI including ultrasounds and medications were $1,800-2,000...They are always on time and able to accommodate your availability. The only weakness is the lab personnel that they contract out..Last time I had blood work drawn, she continued to complain about her day and did not acknowledge that I was having a pregnancy test done. I just felt like she didn’t realize how important that moment was.
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Be prepared for the honest truth. It can be hard to go in with high hopes only to realize you may have a long road ahead. Also, my insurance does not cover anything fertility related...including blood work. My OB/GYN ordered some of the same tests and it was covered. Just do your research on the costs of everything.
Dr. Wells and her staff engage in conversation on a personal level (not just medical/treatment). They also acknowledge all of the feelings I have experienced and truly are empathetic.
I cannot recall which protocols we followed.
So personable and compassionate for everything we are going through.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
My insurance did not cover anything. Semen analysis for my husband are $200 each (we’ve had 3). Initial consultation labs/genetics were $2,000, IUI including ultrasounds and medications were $1,800-2,000.
New Orleans

Dr. Wells is open and very knowledable. She answered all of our questions and explained how our ivf cycle would go. ... She requested labs on me and my husband and all of our pre testing before an ivf cycle can start have been done. ... She made sure to put me on medications for PCOS for my body to respond to ivf medications when we start ivf. ... She answered all of our questions we had at the consultation.
The finance dept. [Audubon Fertility] explained how the clinic accord payment and ways to pay. ... The atmosphere is comforting. It's like a house and doesn't feel like a clinic setting. ... I've never waited more that 10 minutes to see the Dr. ... I only met Jamie a few times. She was very kind and guided me around the clinic. She communicates well on the patient portal. ... They have several books, articles, and brochures about different aspects of fertility for you to look at while waiting.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is open and very knowledable. She answered all of our questions and explained how our ivf cycle would go. She was encouraging and gave us different ideas on how to afford or pay for the ivf cycle. She made sure to get labs on me and my husband and explain results and let us know what was needed next.
Be patient and follow directions given.
Dr. Wells spoke with us for quite some time about the ivf cyce and she was very knowledgeable during our consult. She answered all of our questions we had at the consultation. She requested labs on me and my husband and all of our pre testing before an ivf cycle can start have been done. Her and the nurses communicate via patient portal and respond quickly. Love the clinic atmosphere and from my knowledge Dr. Wells has very high success rates and gave me and my husband a 70% chance is success for our first round of ivf.
Certain tests were done before others. She made sure to put me on medications for PCOS for my body to respond to ivf medications when we start ivf.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The atmosphere is comforting. It's like a house and doesn't feel like a clinic setting. They have several books, articles, and brochures about different aspects of fertility for you to look at while waiting. I've never waited more that 10 minutes to see the Dr.
We were told it would cost about 16,000 dollars including meds for our ivf cycle. The finance dept. explained how the clinic accord payment and ways to pay.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
I have endometriosis and diminished ovarian reserve. I was on 300 gonal and 75 menopur for the first few days [with Dr. Lindsay Wells]. I was then upped to 150 menopur with the 300 gonal, and inclusion of the centrotide in order to let my smaller follicles keep growing. With my low AMH, we ended up getting more eggs than expected with this approach.... She was honest and realistic with us, while still being encouraging and supportive through the process. She has a caring and non-abrasive demeanor, and was extremely genuine in the way she treated us and discussed the results of treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
We had a wonderful experience with Dr. Wells. She was honest and realistic with us, while still being encouraging and supportive through the process. She has a caring and non-abrasive demeanor, and was extremely genuine in the way she treated us and discussed the results of treatment.
Do not be afraid to ask questions. She or her staff will gladly answer any questions you have.
Dr. Wells and her staff at Audubon Fertility are incredible. They are always accessible and not only that but they are so WARM and treat you like family. They made sure I was comfortable and understood every aspect of the treatment. Immediately upon walking into the clinic I knew that it was different from other doctors offices that I had been to. There were times when I got emotional during my visits and they were always so supportive, encouraging, and were there to be my cheerleaders. I ended up going to Dr. Wells through a recommendation of a prior patient, and I am so happy I did. It definitely made me feel so supported to have the genuine encouragement and excitement from the people at the clinic through the process.
I have endometriosis and diminished ovarian reserve. I was on 300 gonal and 75 menopur for the first few days. I was then upped to 150 menopur with the 300 gonal, and inclusion of the centrotide in order to let my smaller follicles keep growing. With my low AMH, we ended up getting more eggs than expected with this approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
I could not be happier with the nursing staff. They are extremely knowledgeable, responsive, compassionate, on point, intelligent, and have an incredible master of their profession. They were always willing to spend extra time to answer questions or to go over how to do my injections. On days where I was emotional, they would take the time to support me and help me through the process.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic has wonderful staff and has a clean and inviting atmosphere. The surgical center is directly next door, which is convenient. I never had to wait too long for an appointment, and they were always willing to work with my schedule. The only negative thing I could think to say would be that there are only two parking spots out front, but there is street parking around the clinic which was completely fine.
I was sufficiently educated on the number of embryo transfers and we have elected to do the single embryo transfer

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Wells is honestly the best of the best. She spends time explaining everything you need to know about your procedure & what to expect. We spent about 45 minutes talking to her about IVF and she explained it so well. She is caring, positive, & a great doctor.... During IVF, I was given a list of things to avoid & a list of things to do. Exercise, eat healthy, stay hydrated, etc. I was always given a specific treatment plan to follow, which told me when to take certain meds & give injections. The results were positive because we are now pregnant!
The staff [at Audubon- New Orleans] lays out a plan, explains how to follow it, provides documentation on how to follow it, explains why they’re doing it, etc. If you end up doing IVF, they only do morning appointments for your IVF ultrasounds & bloodwork, so keep in mind you may have to miss work a good bit. I cannot say enough good things!... Genuine is the best word I can use to describe the staff. They are very aware of what you’re going through, because a lot of them have gone through infertility themselves.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
They will do anything they can to help you!
The staff is incredibly genuine, remembered my name every time I went there, & were there anytime I had questions.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The staff lays out a plan, explains how to follow it, provides documentation on how to follow it, explains why they’re doing it, etc. If you end up doing IVF, they only do morning appointments for your IVF ultrasounds & bloodwork, so keep in mind you may have to miss work a good bit. I cannot say enough good things!
It depended on what the monitoring was for. IVF monitoring must be done in the morning. If you’re doing IUI or another treatment, you can choose any time of the day.
IVF was obviously the most expensive. We paid $15,000 for the egg retrieval, cytopreseervation, and transfer. We paid an additional $4000 for the genetic testing which I highly recommend.
Yes, because of my age, hormone levels, & other factors, Dr. Wells felt very strongly that one embryo would work. And she was right!
New Orleans

Whenever I have had serious questions (about how much this is going to cost me), she has been frank and honest. She was also straightforward when she advised, after my second failed IUI, that I should start thinking about IVF. ... I have never doubted Dr. Wells' skill, knowledge, or advice. While Dr. Wells is young and relatively personable, there have been a few occasions, early on, when I found her to be a bit standoffish.
I often don't receive phone calls with lab results. I assume no news is good news. I hope that is a correct assumption. ... Friendly receptionists [Audubon Fertility]. Short wait time at visits. Equipment seems up to date. Exam rooms are spacious. Weaknesses: ... Communication between staff and doctors, staff and patients might be the tiniest bit lacking. Hours are difficult for someone with a full-time job.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is female and relatively young, making her very relatable. Whenever I have had serious questions (about how much this is going to cost me), she has been frank and honest. She was also straightforward when she advised, after my second failed IUI, that I should start thinking about IVF. This has definitely been a more tortuous journey than I had anticipated, but I have never doubted Dr. Wells' skill, knowledge, or advice. While Dr. Wells is young and relatively personable, there have been a few occasions, early on, when I found her to be a bit standoffish. She did not recognize me on one occasion, and it was after enough visits that I would have expected her to remember me and my story. She definitely knows who I am now, though, after these many months. I believe that she truly wants success for me and the rest of her patients.
Expect competence and honesty.
I have spent enough time with Dr. Wells at this point that I believe she knows me well as a patient. Her nurse, Jamie, is absolutely fabulous at making me feel optimistic about my chance of success, even when I come in feeling pessimistic.
IUI #1: Unmedicated, unmonitored. I used an at-home opk. Solid smiley on a Thursday evening, IUI on Friday morning. Unsuccessful. IUI #2: Letrozole 5mg + Follistim (125IU? Not sure) and HCG trigger. 5 mature follicles. I felt myself ovulate a few hours after the IUI. Positive at-home pregnancy test morning 11 dpiui (after a few days of negatives). Period started two days later. IUI #3: Follistim alone (300IU? Not sure) and HCG trigger. 5 mature follicles. I felt myself ovulate 14 hours before IUI. IUI #4: Follistim alone (300IU? Not sure) and HCG trigger. 4 mature follicles. I felt myself ovulate 28 hours after IUI. IVF retrieval: 75 Menopur + 300 GonalF. I am on day five of stims. First monitoring appointment tomorrow.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamie for IUI; Mandy for IVF)
Jamie: Such a positive human being. I REALLY like working with Jamie. She lifts me up every time I visit. She seems excited during EVERY monitoring ultrasound. There was one time when I got a positive opk when I did not hear back from her within a few hours that MAY have resulted in my administering the HCG shot earlier in the evening, but I do not believe it would have changed the outcome. Very competent sonographer. Mandy: Not much experience with Mandy so far. Seems friendly. Forgot to send my ART calendar, which resulted in my needing to leave work unexpectedly for my baseline ultrasound. The jury is still out.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Strengths: Beautiful waiting room, with tea and hard candy available (it's funny how much I appreciate the candy:). Friendly receptionists. Short wait time at visits. Equipment seems up to date. Exam rooms are spacious. Weaknesses: Not many that I can see. Communication between staff and doctors, staff and patients might be the tiniest bit lacking. Hours are difficult for someone with a full-time job. Still waiting for that positive result:)
Unmedicated IUI: $450 Medicated IUI: $1600 + meds IVF: ~$20000 PGS testing: ~$5000
We have yet to discuss this.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Audubon Fertility.
I often don't receive phone calls with lab results. I assume no news is good news. I hope that is a correct assumption. I see in my patient portal that some labs were ordered by Dr. Wells, but I don't know if those orders are there just in case we need them or if she actually intended for the labs to be run, because blood was never collected for these labs.
New Orleans

My experience as a patient with Dr. Wells has been positive. You can tell that she genuinely wants to help you get pregnant.... She never makes you feel rushed when you're at the office, she is calm, collected, positive, and extremely knowledgeable.... Dr. Wells will also personally call you with updates or to see how you're doing. That kind of personal touch goes a long way and means a whole lot to a patient when going through such an emotional process.
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is outstanding. They are an incredible group of strong, compassionate, and helpful women. I've talked and emailed with everyone one of the nurses on staff and each experience met or exceeded my expectations. They have been there for me in good times and bad.... There is an awesome Urologist on staff at Audubon Fertility, but he only works out of the clinic once a month.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
My experience as a patient with Dr. Wells has been positive. You can tell that she genuinely wants to help you get pregnant. After our first embryo transfer we got pregnant, but unfortunately lost the pregnancy at 7 weeks and 4 days. We had no idea we had lost the pregnancy until we went in for the ultrasound. One of the nurses came in first and had to break the news when no heartbeat showed. She brought Dr. Wells in to take a second look and to confirm the loss. We were devastated, but I can vividly remember looking up and seeing that Dr. Wells was equally devastated. It is refreshing to meet a doctor who is clearly invested in the treatment and success of her patients. I genuinely look forward to continuing my treatment under Dr. Wells' care.
I would tell any prospective patient to remember to be kind to themselves and be kind to their doctor. Both you and the doctor are doing everything possible to reach a successful pregnancy. Sometimes things do not always go as planned, but that is not your fault or the doctor's.
My husband and I had originally started out at a different clinic. We had 9 months of terrible experiences where no solutions were offered and they kept putting us through test after test. I ran into a friend who said Audubon Fertility will do a complimentary second opinion consultation. I made an appointment and it was the best decision for my husband and I. First off, the front office staff is extremely courteous, will always answer your calls or get back to you the same day, and they will personally do their best to help you out instead of transferring you to a voicemail. Second, the nursing staff is absolutely spectacular - They answer their calls too, or if you have to leave a voicemail, you WILL hear back from them the same day. In addition their personalities are just so positive that it makes you feel good being there and uplifts your spirit. Third, Dr. Wells is just simply the best. She never makes you feel rushed when you're at the office, she is calm, collected, positive, and extremely knowledgeable. I trust her completely and have the utmost confidence in her abilities to help us get pregnant. Dr. Wells will also personally call you with updates or to see how you're doing. That kind of personal touch goes a long way and means a whole lot to a patient when going through such an emotional process. Each and every time you walk into Audubon Fertility you feel like family, and you know, without hesitation, that you are going to receive the very best from each person who assists you that day.
After our egg retrieval, we were due to have a fresh embryo transfer, but had to postpone as my progesterone levels came back a little too high and Dr. Wells did not want to risk that causing a miscarriage. We decided to transfer (1) frozen fair/fair embryo in September 2016. I was placed on birth control from day (1) of my period and stopped after per the schedule given to me by the nurse, I did the vaginal progesterone, baby aspirin, and pre-natal vitamins along with fish oil. I was placed on bed rest for 72 hours after the transfer. After the miscarriage at 7 weeks and 4 days we had a D&C. The embryo was sent to a lab and the results came back stating that there were no chromosomal abnormalities. Blood work was ordered to see if my blood was too thick and may have possibly caused the miscarriage, but those results came back negative as well. We took about two months to heal from the D&C with no exercise or sexual activity for 4 to 6 weeks. We transferred (2) frozen good/fair embryos in January 2018. I was placed on birth control from day (1) of my period and stopped after per the schedule given to me by the nurse, I did the vaginal progesterone, baby aspirin, and pre-natal vitamins along with fish oil. I was placed on bed rest for 72 hours after the transfer. Unfortunately both embryos did not take. I know that each cycle was treated a little differently, but I do not remember exactly how. I do know that the final transfer is being handled completely different from the prior (2). We decided to take a few months off before transferring the last embryo. We are currently waiting for my next cycle to start so that we may begin the process again.
The nursing staff at Audubon Fertility is outstanding. They are an incredible group of strong, compassionate, and helpful women. I've talked and emailed with everyone one of the nurses on staff and each experience met or exceeded my expectations. They have been there for me in good times and bad. They have helped me understand the medication I take, the procedures I am going through, risks involved, they are attentive to follow ups of any kind, and most importantly are willing to hold your hand or be a shoulder to cry on when needed.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Clinic's Strengths: Attentive & Friendly Staff, Dedicated Doctor's, Coordinator To Explain Breakdown of Costs, Quick Response Times, Surgery Center Located Next Door To Clinic, Reserved Parking Lot In downtown Area Clinic's Weaknesses: If I had to think of any at all - There is an awesome Urologist on staff at Audubon Fertility, but he only works out of the clinic once a month. If he could be there more than once a month that would be helpful. You can see him outside of the clinic, but for record keeping purposes it's easier to have everything done at Audubon Fertility.
We had $20,000 max life insurance coverage for infertility. Some costs were out of pocket but the surgery center would call to verify and breakdown the costs and then send a follow up email. Some of the costs out of pocket were labs which were out of network, anesthesia fees, medication costs. Most of the anesthesia and medication costs were covered by insurance but there was some out of pocket due.
We had a thorough explanation from day (1) as to why we should transfer a certain amount of embryos. We started with only one as we did not necessarily fit the profile to transfer more. The one we transferred was a good, healthy embryo. With the second transfer we decided to use (2) embryos as they were frozen at the same time. In order to use (1) we would have had to thaw both and then re-freeze (1) again. The doctor felt confident with this approach too.
New Orleans

Dr. Wells is an overall very friendly and personable Dr. She always made feel comfortable with whatever we had going on at the time...Dr. Wells made sure to explain things to me, I never felt rushed and she never had any issue getting on the phone with me to explain anything I didn't understand...My final IUI I did the exact same medicine and injections, but only ended up with one follicle, so we didn't do the insemination.
Everyone [at Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] was always very friendly and did whatever they could to answer our questions, even when they weren't seeing us that day. They made everything a lot easier to deal with. Getting a negative pregnancy test over and over can really bring you down, but they were always there with smiling faces to help bring our spirits back up...My first two IUIs altogether with medicine and sperm were around $2,500 each. The other two IUIs were around $3,000 each. The IVF (procedure, meds, PGS, etc) will be around $25,000.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is an overall very friendly and personable Dr. She always made feel comfortable with whatever we had going on at the time. I'm usually a very private person, I keep things to myself and whatever I don't know, I'll figure out on my own. Dr. Wells made sure to explain things to me, I never felt rushed and she never had any issue getting on the phone with me to explain anything I didn't understand.
Don't be afraid to ask questions! They won't know to answer them unless you ask!
Everyone at Dr. Well's office is very friendly and welcoming. Each visit the I saw Dr. Wells she knew exactly where I was at in my treatment, and always explained thing clearly to me. She made sure I understand and was ok with anything she offered before moving forward. She also included my wife in on the conversations where she was able to be there - that was very important to the both of us.
The first two IUIs I underwent at Dr. Well's office were just clomid and trigger. Each time I only had at the most 2 mature follicles. The other 2 IUIs were Letrozole, injections, and trigger. The first one was great, I ended up with around 10 follicles (I think) and 2 good sized ones, but we stopped the injections because we didn't want too many to mature. My final IUI I did the exact same medicine and injections, but only ended up with one follicle, so we didn't do the insemination. So now we are moving on to IVF!! I actually start stimulating next week and we are so hopeful this works! We are using a known donor sperm for this. I'm also donating some of my embryos to my best friend so she can get pregnant!
Everyone was always very friendly and did whatever they could to answer our questions, even when they weren't seeing us that day. They made everything a lot easier to deal with. Getting a negative pregnancy test over and over can really bring you down, but they were always there with smiling faces to help bring our spirits back up.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The only weakness about the clinic is the lack of parking! Seriously, that's it. I'm from a small town where you can always get a parking spot. Not used to the city's craziness. The clinic was always very clean and organized. They definitely make you feel like you are important there. The atmosphere is welcoming and "homey. " Definitely not like your standard doctor's office.

2012 - 2018
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Wells is not only an amazing professional who is dedicated to her work, but also someone who takes the time to look you in the eyes and remember you. She’s been through infertility struggles herself and gives that part of herself to empathize with you. You never feel like a number and you always know that there’s someone who has your back.... She was very aggressive with my initial fresh IVF protocol due to my AMH being low and me being young.
The entire clinic [Audubon Fertility & Reproductive Med] is “strength”. The are such a cohesive unit and seem to be pro patient from check in until check out and everyone in between. The only problem I ever had was communication through email was lacking once when Debbie seemed a little overwhelmed.... We were out of pocket the entire time. Our first fresh cycle totaled around $20,000. The two frozen transfers came in around $4,000-$6,000.
2012 - 2018
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Let her in. Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable and emotional. She is the one Dr who didn’t judge my emotions, but instead lent a hug and made me feel like I was normal.
I have always have a very personal experience with not only Dr. wells but also every member of the staff. Even in the hardest moments, which was when I needed them most, they were always there for me.
She was very aggressive with my initial fresh IVF protocol due to my AMH being low and me being young. She also was pretty adamant on making sure we understood the single embryo transfer way and positive reasons.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie)
I’ve been working with Debbie since 2012 and she has always been amazing. She remembers me, every detail, and my goals for my family. Their clinic is growing but she always makes you feel like you’re the most important person when she’s speaking to you.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The entire clinic is “strength”. The are such a cohesive unit and seem to be pro patient from check in until check out and everyone in between. The only problem I ever had was communication through email was lacking once when Debbie seemed a little overwhelmed.
Dr. Wells is very pro single embryo but is open to discussing up to two.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Audubon Fertility.
It was a one time issue where the nurses seemed to be spread a little thin. We were communicating through email and I think we were missing pieces of what we wanted to convey, therefore the other could not understand.
New Orleans

Dr. Wells did not treat me like a number. She was always very kind and has awesome bedside manner. She was on our team and gave us the best options...was amazing during our time there, and she gave us encouragement when we wanted to give up. Her attention to detail during our protocol was great, and she answered all of our questions without rushing us... you might not see Dr. Wells every visit...I first had a laparoscopy and was diagnosed with endometriosis.
The staff [at Audubon Fertility] does a great job at working as a team and the monitoring and protocol is always approved by Dr. Wells...I first had a laparoscopy and was diagnosed with endometriosis. It was removed during surgery, and started our first IUI protocol soon after...The nursing staff is amazing. They truly felt like family to me, and it made me look forward to my appointments as it made the process easier...The clinic is aesthetically appealing and it brings calmness. The furniture is comfortable and the waiting room is inviting. The receptionist are great, and it didn’t take them long to remember my name. I loved that!
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells was amazing during our time there, and she gave us encouragement when we wanted to give up. Her attention to detail during our protocol was great, and she answered all of our questions without rushing us. She was always patient and kind, and took the time to explain information, despite having other patients.
I would say that you might not see Dr. Wells every visit, and that’s okay. The staff does a great job at working as a team and the monitoring and protocol is always approved by Dr. Wells.
I first had a laparoscopy and was diagnosed with endometriosis. It was removed during surgery, and started our first IUI protocol soon after. The first IUI was with oral medication only, the second IUI was with oral and injectables. The third IUI was with injectables and oral also, from what I remember. We moved on to IVF. And we transferred our one good/fair embryo, and this one failed. We then transferred two fair/poor embryos, and this one was a natural cycle, and this one failed. We PGS tested our last two fair/poor frozen embryos, and one returned genetically normal and we transferred this last one, and this one failed. We are going to return and try again next year.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The coordination of the costs were organized and thorough, we knew exactly what to expect. Despite my failed transfers, Dr. Wells offers an assurance plan for failed cycles with PGS testing, meaning her physician fees are waived for the next cycle. This speaks volumes!

2 IUI, Donor Eggs
She [Dr. Wells] is soft spoken and informative. However she doesn't make strong recommendations. She was hard to get in touch with. I was never given a direct number for her.... If you want a clear, concise, confident plan this may not be the doctor for you. She is very informative but not verybsytraight forward with a firm recommendation.... We tried IUI twice. Once medicated with insemination and once medicated with interdourse.
The clinic [Audubon] was lovely. Very pretty. Located next to a hospital sonin a medical corridor. What they lacked in organization and compassion they made up in decor. It's recently renovated.... The nursing staff was very disorganized. They called me back on cycle day 1 with the wrong plan. I had to correct her. Then, she didn't call me for days with test results when I could see them in my electronic medical record.
2 IUI, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
She is soft spoken and informative. However she doesn't make strong recommendations. She was hard to get in touch with. I was never given a direct number for her. I felt she didn't hold herbstaff accountable.
There were some errors in my care.
We tried IUI twice. Once medicated with insemination and once medicated with interdourse. Both cycles were jumbled because I ovulated early.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic was lovely. Very pretty. Located next to a hospital sonin a medical corridor. What they lacked in organization and compassion they made up in decor. It's recently renovated. However, you donjave to buzz to get it.
Insurance covered most of it so probably around $200 for semen analysis and then $100 for IUI. Out of pocket for the meds.
None
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Audubon Fertility.
First, they were delayed in calling me with results. I had received them days prior and there were abnirmals. So I finally called. The nurse told me they weren't back yet. I had to tell her that they were. Next, I called on cycle day 1 during a medicated cycle. She told me to come in about 14 days and tried to make the appointment. I told her that didn't seem right. She insisted. Finally I insisted she was wrong and she said "let me pull your chart. Oh. You're a medicated cycle." I was so scared that she didn't review my chart before calling. Lastly, they missed my early ovulation twice. I told them I was ovulating on day 7 and they said it was not really likely. Luckily, I tested early and found out it was true. The medicationbhadnt had time to work.
New Orleans

Dr. Wells is very knowledgeable able IVF. She answered questions in office and through email. We we upset that we didn't get more quality eggs and feel that we were not informed of supplements and lifestyle changes before going through with IVF to get better results....I requested a natural cycle for transfer and Dr. Wells agreed I was a good candidate. Unfortunately, I ovulated before trigger and that cycle was canceled so instead we did a medicated cycle with Estradiol and PIO
The staff p[Audubon] take the time to provide personal and individualized care for us. The are friendly and are available after hours for questions. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families....I will never forget the accommodations that were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. From the welcoming smile at the front desk, to the hesitation of getting on the scale before vitals..because we all know the scale lies!
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells is very knowledgeable able IVF. She answered questions in office and through email. We we upset that we didn't get more quality eggs and feel that we were not informed of supplements and lifestyle changes before going through with IVF to get better results. Even though things didn't work out as planned we are still grateful for the process with Audubon Fertility.
Be sure to ask what happens if no embryos are made or you are left with a negative pregnancy test and no embryos. Ask all the questions you have and don't depend on Google to answer them.
The staff took the time to provide personal and individualized care for us since. Accommodations were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. There was always a welcoming smile at the front desk, rapid email responses and friendly faces.
I stimmed for 12 days with Gonal F, Menopur, Cetritide and triggered shot. We knew going in it would be a frozen transfer. At retrieval, seventeen eggs were retrieved, 12 were mature and seven were fertilized with ICSI. On the day 6 report only two embryos made it to freeze. I requested a natural cycle for transfer and Dr. Wells agreed I was a good candidate. Unfortunately, I ovulated before trigger and that cycle was canceled so instead we did a medicated cycle with Estradiol and PIO. Since we couldn’t afford PGS testing and my age considered as a factor we opted to put the only two embryos we had back in. Unfortunately, I didn't get pregnant.
I will never forget the accommodations that were made to allow for me to receive services locally instead of always having to travel to New Orleans. From the welcoming smile at the front desk, to the hesitation of getting on the scale before vitals..because we all know the scale lies! To the awkwardness of holding your bladder for an hour and a half to be told it's too full. To rapid email responses. To a friendly face saying your almost to the end just a few more days to stim. To a great egg report at retrieval. To an encouraging word to know there was a perfect lining to put the only two embryos we had back in. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families. Even though things didn't work out as planned we are still grateful for the process with Audubon Fertility.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The staff take the time to provide personal and individualized care for us. The are friendly and are available after hours for questions. The staff are blessed with the ability and knowledge to assist others to build families.
My insurance does not cover fertility treatment. We paid out of pocket for all treatment, labs, ultrasounds and medications.
Since we couldn’t afford PGS testing and my age considered as a factor Dr. Wells discussed the statistics of a multiple embryo transfer. We know that it didn't increase chances but we opted to put the only two embryos we had back in without success.
New Orleans

From my very first visit with Dr Wells... she and her entire staff treated me wth such care and compassion...I've been a patient of Dr Wells for almost one year and I can't say enough good things about her. She is patient, kind, trustworthy and extremely knowledgeable. I've loved working with Dr Wells and have completed trusted her the entire process...Dr Wells and her staff know what they are doing.i would suggest trusting their judgement. They have your best interest at heart.
Audubon Fertility has many strengths. First, their office is clean, welcoming, easy to travel to and the surgery center is directly nextdoor. The main strength of the practice though is not the building.... it's the people. The staff is top notch. They call/email you back within minutes sometimes and you never feel rushed. I can't think of any weaknesses for the office...My IVF coordinator was Mandy Poche and she was such a pleasure to work with also. She created my IVF schedule for me, explained all of the medicines, and taught me how to give the injections. She was extremely helpful at keeping everything organized and keeping me calm.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I would tell any new patient to trust the process. A month seems like a year when you are going through fertility treatments....but Dr Wells and her staff know what they are doing.i would suggest trusting their judgement. They have your best interest at heart.
I've never felt like a number at Audubon Fertility. From my very first visit with Dr Wells... she and her entire staff treated me wth such care and compassion. I've emailed the nurses at all hours of the day and they respond back to me promptly.. even on weekends.
I consulted in June. I did not get a cycle in July. I then took Progesterone to induce my cycle. I used injections (follistim)and had an IUI in August. This was not successful. I had another IUI in September (again with injections) Not successful. We then decided to move to IVF. In October I had stimulation and egg retrieval. I transferred one frozen 5 day Blast (graded good/good) in November. It resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr Wells suggested that I have one natural cycle before transferrring again. My cycle did not start in January. I took Progesterone in Feb. my cycle started. I had a hysteroscopy in Feb and Dr Wells removed a few small polyps and performed an endometrial scratch. I transferred two day 5 blasts (both embryos were graded fair/fair)on March 10th and I and currently 10 weeks pregnant with twins.
The first nurse I worked with was Jamie Reyes. She is phenomenal. She has also gone through fertility treatments so she truly understands your concerns and keeps you calm throughout the entire process. She is an excellent nurse. She also responds to emails at all hours of the day and even on weekends. My IVF coordinator was Mandy Poche and she was such a pleasure to work with also. She created my IVF schedule for me, explained all of the medicines, and taught me how to give the injections. She was extremely helpful at keeping everything organized and keeping me calm. Mandy called to break the bad news to me when I had a chemical pregnancy and I don't think she could have been any kinder on the phone. She was so compassionate and took her time explaining to me what a chemical pregnancy (something I had never heard of) was. It was such bad news to receive but I vividly remember how kind Mandy was on the phone. Brittany Melancon is the nurse who calls you back from the waiting room, weighs you, takes your blood pressure and gets you settled in the room before you see Jamie or Dr Wells. She is bright, cheerful and very friendly. Katrina is who draws blood. She has an amazing ability to keep you calm while she does her job and she is so great at drawing blood..you barely feel it. Ann works at the front desk and she has been very helpful with billing. There have been a few times when labcorp has sent a bill to me instead of Dr Wells and Ann is quick to take care of the situation. I could go on and on because the entire staff is amazing.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
In 2016 I spent 24k- this includes everything from Day 1. initial visit, bloodwork, injection medicine (for two IUIs), two IUI procedures, IVF medications, egg retrieval, egg transfer. In 2017 I have spent approximately $5,000-$6,000 for a second transfer, anesthesia, surgery center fees, etc
Dr Wells suggested eSET for my first transfer due to my age and the grade of the embryo. She did tell me that the choice was mine to make but when I asked for her opinion.. she recommended one for the first transfer and reminded me that we would be able to do two the the next transfer if the first wasn't successful. I didn't feel pressured either way. She gave me all of the pertinent info and her own professional opinion and my husband and I made our choice to transfer one for the first transfer.
New Orleans

I only saw Dr. Wells as a patient once for my consultation and another time before a minor surgery. All other times we saw the nurse practitioner who would relay messages and treatment plans back and forth....Don’t expect to see the doctor every time...Overall when we did see her she was very friendly and knowledgeable.... For my initial exam they discovered my uterine lining to be thick, so they performed a hysteroscopy to test the lining...
Every single person we came in contact with was so calming and sweet and sincere. It’s almost as though they [Audubon - New Orleans] were all trained to put us at ease....Very good at answering emails, easy to understand instructions, clean office and well decorated...Don’t expect to see the doctor every time....At first I was a little upset at never seeing the doctor but Jamie answered every question with ease and was just as good!...Surgery was around $1500. Close to $2500 total
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
I only saw Dr. Wells as a patient once for my consultation and another time before a minor surgery. All other times we saw the nurse practitioner who would relay messages and treatment plans back and forth. We did understand that we were not as seriously effected by infertility as some other patients there, but a few times it was a bit disconnecting for me. Overall when we did see her she was very friendly and knowledgeable.
Don’t expect to see the doctor every time. Go in with an open mind and be prepared to take off a lot from work. But everyone there is so sweet that they make it all worth it!
Every single person we came in contact with was so calming and sweet and sincere. It’s almost as though they were all trained to put us at ease.
Prior to seeing Dr. Wells I was put on clomid (up to the highest dose) and suffered a miscarriage. My cycles were still really off. For my initial exam they discovered my uterine lining to be thick, so they performed a hysteroscopy to test the lining and my tubes which came back ok. However I contract d c diff from the hospital and couldn’t resume for a few months. When we did resume, I was started on letrozole which did nothing for me. We then paired it with injections which also did nothing for me, even with a push. I had one follicle mature so the NP gave me a trigger shot just in case- and I ended up getting the pregnant! Then they saw me every few weeks for ultrasounds
Jamie was amazing. At first I was a little upset at never seeing the doctor but Jamie answered every question with ease and was just as good! Everyone is so incredible friendly!
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Very good at answering emails, easy to understand instructions, clean office and well decorated (I ended up paining my living room the same color as their office because I liked it so much). Overall very good experience
Surgery was around $1500. Close to $2500 total
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Wells does all of her ultrasounds, not the nurse. There's a sense of comfort knowing she is there from start to finish. She gave us options and never made us feel like our decision was the wrong one. She really made us feel like family and we never felt as though we were a bother with our questions. She is very patient and very kind.... Dr. Wells and her team took the time to get to know us. They built a great relationship with us and gained our trust. Two years later, they still remember us and respond to our emails like we are still seeing them.
The clinic [Audubon-NO] is very clean, privacy was respected, and the appointments were always on time. The wait time was always very short. The only negative is the parking, but it's to be expected in New Orleans.... Mandy and Jamie [nurses] were outstanding. They were so caring and made us feel very comfortable. They answered questions in a very timely manner, and with lots of compassion and patience.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Don't waste any time going to another clinic.
The very first cycle, I started the birth control. Shortly after, I began injections of Gonal-F. After monitoring, eggs were not growing at a rate satisfactory to Dr. Wells or conducive for a successful IVF cycle. That cycle was canceled. I started injections again when Dr. Wells gave the green light. This time, she added Menopur and Follistem to the Gonal-F. It was looking dreary again, but she did see at least one egg that was big enough to retrieve. We were given the option to take a chance and do an IUI or move forward with IVF. After having 5 unsuccessful IUIs, that was not an option for us. The emotional toll was too great to experience that again. We moved forward with egg retrieval, which took all of 15-20 minutes, and Dr. Wells came out with a smile on her face. She successfully retrieved 4 eggs. To get 4 when we thought we would get 1 or none at all was a very sweet thing to hear. They evaluated the eggs to see how many were mature enough to fertilize. Of the 4, only 1 was mature. Dr. Wells carefully monitored the cells, division, and other factors over the next 24 hours. Everything was going great. Day 2, everything was still favorably progressing. For the day 3 report, she called to give us the specifics. This was going to determine if there would be a fresh, 3 day transfer or if we would wait it out and do a 5 day transfer. Dr. Wells highly recommended that mom was the best environment for little embryo to grow. We went in the next morning to transfer. Everyone was very kind and cheerful. There was a tv on the wall, which allowed my wife to watch as she implanted the embryo. It was amazing to watch! Dr. Wells had me taking Progesterone for a while, along with Prenatal Vitamins. That little embryo stuck and now we have our beautiful daughter, Kate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I believe it was Debbie, but Jamie was Dr. Wells nurse.)
Mandy and Jamie were outstanding. They were so caring and made us feel very comfortable. They answered questions in a very timely manner, and with lots of compassion and patience.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic is very clean, privacy was respected, and the appointments were always on time. The wait time was always very short. The only negative is the parking, but it's to be expected in New Orleans.
I believe it was $5000 to begin the process. This fee covered the consultation all the way through retrieval. By the end of transfer, I believe we totaled $16,000
She did educate us on transferring one versus two. Due to my age, it was preferred that only one be transferred; however, had we only had two embryos she would have considered transferring two.

2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
While Lindsay [Dr. Wells] is nice, I found that she did not really listen to a lot of my concerns and dismissed questions. Once our cycles failed, she simply wanted to try the same thing again instead of trying a different protocol.... We used an antagon protocol with ICSI (do to slightly low morphology) for both of my cycles with Lindsay. We used this cycle because as she described it I was young and healthy and would be pregnant in no time. We simply upped my meds the second time when we did not get the numbers we wanted.
The clinic [Audobon Fertility & Reproductive Med] is spa-like, the staff is very nice, and overall things run well.... Very friendly and genuine seeming staff. Cons: Doctor was frustrating and very glued to only one protocol (for me)... The cost of the cycles were fairly reasonable for self-pay. I think we paid about $15k for a cycle with ICSI, but I do not really remember.... Jamie was actually probably a PA; however, she is who I saw most often. She was very nice, easy to talk with, and down to earth.
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
While Lindsay is nice, I found that she did not really listen to a lot of my concerns and dismissed questions. Once our cycles failed, she simply wanted to try the same thing again instead of trying a different protocol.
Be your own advocate. If you want something that she will not do, go somewhere else. We are not all easy or obvious cases.
The clinic is spa-like, the staff is very nice, and overall things run well.
We used an antagon protocol with ICSI (do to slightly low morphology) for both of my cycles with Lindsay. We used this cycle because as she described it I was young and healthy and would be pregnant in no time. We simply upped my meds the second time when we did not get the numbers we wanted. We had a few “empty follicles” both cycles even though my numbers looked good.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Strengths: clean, pretty, spa-like clinic. Very friendly and genuine seeming staff. Cons: Doctor was frustrating and very glued to only one protocol (for me) and was not open to exploring why I was having fertility issues. I had to beg for some blood tests, and she dismissed the possibility of my having endometriosis. My second RE found endometriosis during a laparoscopy.
She was fine with transferring two embryos back in 2016 when we did our FET. Our embryos were not very well graded, so there was a good amount of concern about implantation.
New Orleans

The entire nursing staff [at Audubon Fertility] has been spectacular. They answer all of my questions regardless the time of the day and are always supportive whenever I'm feeling stressed about the process. If I forget something they have previously explained to me, they are always very nice to walk me through it again to make sure i understand everything completely. They all know me by name and really take the time to ask me how we're doing and give support if we need it.
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Wells has been by my side through this whole process. I am currently in an IVF cycle and scheduled to have my retrieval this week. After 3 failed ovulation induction cycles, and 1 failed IUI, we decided to proceed with IVF. Dr. Wells walked us through all of our options and explained the entire procedure in detail. She explained her success rates in detail and what we should expect with this IVF cycle. She is always available to address any concerns or questions we have and ease our anxiety through this process. She was quick to adjust my medications when my U/S were performed to optimize our upcoming retrieval.
Go see her!
My experience with the front staff, nursing staff and Dr. Wells has been nothing but personalized and comfortable. They know me by name every time I come for an appointment and feel like they understand the journey me and my husband are going through. They all take the time to answer all of my questions no matter the time of day, and really individualized my treatment cycle to my and my husbands needs.
I am 30 years old and had not done any pervious treatment cycles prior to seeing Dr. Wells. After the initial testing of myself and husband, we learned we have "unexplained infertility." Dr. Wells started me off with clomid and timed intercourse so not to start with anything too aggressive. We did 2 cycles with clomid, OPKs and timed intercourse. After those cycles were not successful, she suggested switching to letrozole. Dr. Wells explained the slight increased success with IUI but my husband and I decided to do one more timed intercourse cycle. After 3 failed cycles, we decided to do an IUI with letrozole. Dr. Wells and her NP Jamie walked us through the IUI process seamlessly. After the IUI was performed and I was laying in the exam room, they dimmed the lights, gave me a heated blanket and played relaxing music to ease the stress and make it feel more comfortable. Unfortunately the IUI was not successful, and after speaking with my husband, we decided to proceed with IVF. We met with both Dr. Wells and the IVF coordinator and they went through every detail with me including the risks and expected outcomes for us. I was scheduled to have a hysteroscopy on my stim start date and began the process. I am currently on cycle day 12 of stimulation and am scheduled to have a retrieval in the next few days. I cannot express how happy I am to be under the care of Dr. Wells and her staff and feel like they did not rush us into anything we were not ready for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Audubon Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Regan, Mandy Poche)
The entire nursing staff has been spectacular. They answer all of my questions regardless the time of the day and are always supportive whenever I'm feeling stressed about the process. If I forget something they have previously explained to me, they are always very nice to walk me through it again to make sure i understand everything completely. They all know me by name and really take the time to ask me how we're doing and give support if we need it.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The clinic is located in a renovated shotgun house so it feels comfortable and homey. It is conveniently located in the city and is right next door to their surgery center were all the procedures take place. The only weakness is the lack of parking in the area but this is true most places in the city.
$30k-$40k

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The entire staff [at Audubon Fertility] learned my name and was always so friendly each visit. I would walk in the door and the ladies at the front desk would sign me in. If I had questions I would send an email and someone always answered me quickly and even on the weekends!... Everyone is sweet and very sensitive to the feelings of the women and men that enter their office. They are great with giving compliments and making you feel like a patient and not just a "number" they will see during the day! They all have so much knowledge and really give great advice!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Dr. Lindsay Wells was just incredible. She was proactive and compassionate. She explained everything thoroughly and gave her best advice about our journey with IVF. My husband was not able to make every appointment with me. When I needed time to think about how many embryos we wanted to transfer, she let me to go home and talk to my husband and just email her with my answer. She wanted to make sure we felt confident about our answer. She explained all of the risk of transferring more than one embryo. She explained the risk on the level of our age range as well. Dr. Wells is a very busy doctor so there was a lot of my visits that I seen the nurse practitioner, Jamie, but she was amazing and so bubbly so it was refreshing when we did see her!
Go see Dr. Wells right away with an open mind and heart. Listen to her advice and if you feel on your heart that God is leading you to make this leap of faith to see a fertility doctor, then do it!
The entire staff learned my name and was always so friendly each visit. I would walk in the door and the ladies at the front desk would sign me in. If I had questions I would send an email and someone always answered me quickly and even on the weekends!
I was a perfect candidate for IVF. For egg retrieval, I started off with Follistim 300 (belly shots only lasted 5 days - then had to go intermuscular), Menopur 150, Ganirelix & Novarel 10,000 and then later estrace 2mg 2x a day then I went up to 3x a day and progesterone shots 50mg once a day 5 days before trigger shot. When first starting the egg retrieval process my follicles were not growing as big as they should so she changed injection site from belly to intermuscular and it worked wonderfully.
Wonderful is all I can say! Nothing negative to say!
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
The entire staff and clinic are outstanding. Everyone is sweet and very sensitive to the feelings of the women and men that enter their office. They are great with giving compliments and making you feel like a patient and not just a "number" they will see during the day! They all have so much knowledge and really give great advice!
10,000-15,000
Dr. Well felt strongly that if I put in 1 embryo I would become pregnant and if we put 2 embryos we would end up with twins. I did not have any major complications and my husband and I were 25 and 26 at the time so we were young. She gave me papers on the possibility of twins. She let me really think about how many to transfer. I am so glad I took her advice. We transferred one and have one baby.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I saw Dr. Wells every appointment and she did just about every ultrasound herself....She is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, and has her own experience with fertility treatment, so she really understands. She listens and answered questions I had without making me feel as though they were dumb questions....She is easy to speak to and great at communicating. Ask questions and let her know exactly what you expect.
Strengths - small clinic so doctor could see patient st every appointment. You become a part of their family. I had a great experience with Audubon and really have no negatives to report. If I have to pick something I guess the billing process, as you had to pay multiple parties for procedures, where other clinics you pay lump sum and they deal out funds to proper parties as needed.... The entire nursing staff was positive and reassuring and heloful throughout the process.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Lindsay Wells at Audubon Fertility?
Every person in the building, from receptionist to nurses to doctor made me feel like I was most important patient there when I was at appointments. I saw Dr. Wells every appointment and she did just about every ultrasound herself.
Jamie described upcoming procedures and steps along the way in simple terms. She answered emails and phone calls quickly and never seemed annoyed by my insecurities and worries. The entire nursing staff was positive and reassuring and heloful throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Audubon Fertility.
Cost was broken down by doctor fee, facility fee, and every person involved. It cost me approximately $18000 with medications that I needed to have an IVF cycle. Things like ICSI were included in fees and not additional.
Due to my being over 40 at time of treatment she was open to transferring more than 1 embryo