Medical SchoolKeck School of Medicine - USC
Santa Monica
1450 10th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90401
310-451-8144
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lindsay Kroener to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Don't recommend: 33%8

7.3

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend UCLA to a friend?
the process of the IUI cycle is very regimented and I feel like I didn't have as much information as I would've like for the first round. I did a lot of external research and knew what to ask...[Dr. Kroener] has a fantastic memory, takes as much time as you need and is great at communicating expectations...When visiting with Dr. Kroener, I've always felt like I have her full attention, she is present and allots as much time as I need for questions, etc. She's also very prompt and responsive in messaging via UCLA.
come prepared with questions [for the nurses at UCLA]- they don't necessarily know what information to provide...we were not informed to arrive for IUI insemination with a full bladder....a student, tried two times unsuccessfully which agitated my cervix. I then spent an hour drinking water, followed by another round of uncomfortable attempts...Round One of IUI total: $1100. Ultrasounds + visit: $280 x 2. Medication: $150...
How was your experience with Lindsay Kroener at UCLA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lindsay Kroener at UCLA?
Come with a list of questions, the process of the IUI cycle is very regimented and I feel like I didn't have as much information as I would've like for the first round. I did a lot of external research and knew what to ask. You'll be more prepared.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lindsay Kroener at UCLA?
Dr. Kroener has a fantastic memory, takes as much time as you need and is great at communicating expectations.
Describe the protocols Lindsay Kroener used in your cycles at UCLA and their degree of success.
I've done two rounds of IUI. The first, she was out of the office and I saw a different doctors each time I went in, which is definitely not ideal. We did clomid, I didn't need a trigger shot as I was already ovulating when I came in for a check up. I was told not to do the at-home ovulation tests, which I wish I would've. I was also not informed, when coming in for the insemination, that I needed a full bladder, which make the experience (with the third doctor I had to see) very uncomfortable, and ultimately, I believe unsuccessful. We are currently in the middle of round two IUI, we did Letrazole and the FSH injections, followed by the trigger. Again, I had to see a different doctor, as the insemination fell over the weekend. This doctor was much more competent than the other. We are awaiting the pregnancy test in a week.
Again, come prepared with questions- they don't necessarily know what information to provide.
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Strengths- the UCLA system is very organized, especially if you utilize their app. You don't have to wait long IF you're on time. Dr. Kroener is the best thing about the clinic. They're very prompt with prescriptions. Costs are clear. Facilities are fantastic. Lab is on site. Weaknesses- scheduling. You have to go through the main UCLA scheduling department, who doesn't understand the multiple types of appointments and timing needed for fertility. Unpredictability of when your actual doctor will be in the office, which is disappointing as the other's don't have your full history or take the time to. Parking is expensive, but that's expected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lindsay Kroener at UCLA.
Round One of IUI total: $1100. Ultrasounds + visit: $280 x 2. Medication: $150. Parking: $40. Insemination: $350. Round Two of IUI total: $1260, slightly more with medication change.
What specific things went wrong at UCLA?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at UCLA.
As previously mentioned, we were not informed to arrive for IUI insemination with a full bladder. They, actually a student, tried two times unsuccessfully which agitated my cervix. I then spent an hour drinking water, followed by another round of uncomfortable attempts. During the second round, once again no one mentioned this (luckily I knew). There is also not clear instructions on self injecting the shots.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lindsay Kroener at UCLA.

I really felt like Dr. Kroener wanted her patients to understand what was going on. Every visit I left Dr. Kroener's office with a notes sheet where she had written everything as we were talking about it, she drew diagrams to explain what she was talking about, and made notes about treatment. ... She is great at answering questions but talks very fast so it's very easy to miss something she says. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask her to repeat herself.
Strengths - UCLA has access to a ton of great research, doctors and resources. I never felt like anyone working on my team wasn't competent. Weaknesses - Because UCLA is so big, it felt very impersonal. ... However, I had quite a hard time with one of the people in finance. They needed to submit things for coverage and I constantly had to check up on it and make sure things got submitted as necessary. Several times I didn't know if my procedure would be covered.
How was your experience with Lindsay Kroener at UCLA?
Go in with questions. She is great at answering questions but talks very fast so it's very easy to miss something she says. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask her to repeat herself.
Dr. Kroener has great bedside manor. She always had a friendly face and I never felt rushed asking her questions. She would remember our history from appointment to appointment without need for me to repeat our story. I really felt like she cared to get to know her patients.
We did clomid with timed intercourse for one cycle and two IUIs. I don't remember the dosage but I do remember that we increased one of the dosages on the second IUI because of slower reaction and growth from ovaries.
I didn't love the nursing staff. I never felt like they understood what patients were going through. There wasn't cohesion. I hardly ever saw the same nurse twice.
Describe your experience with UCLA.
Strengths - UCLA has access to a ton of great research, doctors and resources. I never felt like anyone working on my team wasn't competent. Weaknesses - Because UCLA is so big, it felt very impersonal. They have so many patients that besides my direct doctor (Dr. Kroener) I didn't feel like people cared or even knew why I was there.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lindsay Kroener at UCLA.
I had health insurance coverage. However, I had quite a hard time with one of the people in finance. They needed to submit things for coverage and I constantly had to check up on it and make sure things got submitted as necessary. Several times I didn't know if my procedure would be covered.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Kroener was kind-hearted and very knowledgeable about treatments but sometimes she can talk fast and it can make you a little overwhelmed. She, however, can tell when you are feeling overwhelmed and will break it down. ... No matter the outcome she always checked in. She was sweet and caring. She always made me feel comfortable in this terrifying journey.
Strengths are they [UCLA] have very kind and informative doctors and staff. Very responsive too. ... They [nursing staff] remember you and show kindness and understanding of your visits and emotions. ... I think they need more staff but I was told they are in the middle of turn over earlier this year. I'm sure now they have a full staff. ... Clomid and injections. I don't remember the dosage but I we went up on the injectables on the 3rd IUI
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Lindsay Kroener at UCLA?
Dr. Kroener was kind-hearted and very knowledgeable about treatments but sometimes she can talk fast and it can make you a little overwhelmed. She, however, can tell when you are feeling overwhelmed and will break it down. She went on maternity leave during my last treatment but she checked back with me when she returned which was nice.
I would say know you are in great hands but always do your research. And always speak your mind because that is the only way the doctor will know if she needs to do any adjustments to the treatment.
Clomid and injections. I don't remember the dosage but I we went up on the injectables on the 3rd IUI and went up on the clomid. I suffer from anxiety and depression so those 3 months were very hard for me. My emotions were up and down and I felt out of control.
They remember you and show kindness and understanding of your visits and emotions.
Describe your experience with UCLA.
I think they need more staff but I was told they are in the middle of turn over earlier this year. I'm sure now they have a full staff. Strengths are they have very kind and informative doctors and staff. Very responsive too.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lindsay Kroener at UCLA.
My insurance covered 50% of IUIs but not IVF which I need to do now. I think for all 3 IUI's I was charged a balance of 1300 after insurance coverage.