6.4

address unknown
city, ON 00000
000-000-0000

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor [Dr. Lisa Erickson] one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'.
After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse [at CRM] say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
How was your experience with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Dr. Erickson was compassionate and friendly, but I never saw her besides during our initial consult so I don't feel like I can evaluate her. But since I have to use 200 characters I will say, that if a clinic is so busy, that their doctors don't even see a patient through their treatment, then they should take on less patients. Why even have a doctor?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
See your patients during their cycles so they feel confident. My doctor is now retired so it doesn't really matter, but I'm sure CRM still operates like this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
I felt like a number at CRM. During my 3 IUI cycles and my IVF cycle I never saw my doctor one time. I had an issue with Lupron, and with that was able to speak with my Dr. on the phone. At one point during my IVF cycle monitoring a polyp was found on my cervix. This was very scary as I didn't want my cycle to be canceled. After my appointment I was leaving the exam room and heard a nurse say 'ya you can just throw that cervical polyp chart over there'. This made me feel even more like a number, like I wasn't being treated with any type of customization and that they honestly didn't care if I got pregnant or not. I ended up getting pregnant, which of course I can't complain about, but I wouldn't choose this clinic again.
Describe the protocols Lisa Erickson used in your cycles at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota and their degree of success.
During my 3 IUI cycles I too femara to stimulate follicle growth. During my last cycle I had NINE measurable follicles (it still didn't work). During my IVF cycle I was on follistim, menepur and lupron. I only produced 7 follicles. It seems like if I was able to produce so many by just taking a pill, that I should have produced a lot more by the invasive injectables. My Dr. and I weren't on the same page as far as a goal for eggs. Again, we're thankful it worked, but have no eggs frozen which means another round of IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
I had a different nurse at each visit, so no primary. Also as I mentioned previously from the comments I overheard from a nurse, it's obvious they treat their patients as numbers and not real people.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
CRM has a high success rate, which is the whole point of fertility treatment so that's great. Patients are treated like numbers so if you're someone who needs compassion and to build a relationship with your doctor, this isn't the place for you. Nurses show no compassion and cycle you in and out quickly. I don't feel like treatment is customized.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Erickson at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We purchased the attine program for about $22,000
Describe Lisa Erickson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
We transfered one embroy which is all we had.
Lisa Erickson
Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota
Minneapolis
2008 - 2010, Unsuccessful
At one point she [Dr Erickson] was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
[Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota]... was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
Dr. Erickson was lovely, kind, soft spoken. At our first visit I felt hopeful and in good hands. That feeling grew more and more distant with each visit and contact directly with her became almost extinct. Our hopes diminished not due to her efforts but directly related to the results. My egg quality was extremely low. I could feel that she was only proceeding due to my emotional inability to give up. At one point she was forthright in telling us if we proceed and success is not achieved, it brings their clinical numbers down. That was hurtful, although truthful...it was not my job to care and it stung that she'd even ask us to. Talk about feeling like a number. When the day came for the one egg my body had produced to be attempted to be retrieved, in all our nerves riding on that 50/50 chance she told us we had....she wasn't even there. Without warning she had sent another doctor whom I had never before met. He, not she, was the one in my haze while awaking from anesthesia to tell me we had failed. And inevitably that I would never carry or birth a child. I was crushed on several levels.
Ask her not to sugar coat and to BE SURE to inform you that you will not see her often. And ask her to please inform you should a physician other than herself be performing your procedures.
There is very little contact with the doctor who so warmly freets you at the beginning of this "journey". And the nurses are different every time you go in to the office...and their moods very. Tremendously.
Unfortunately in the last 6 years much of this has escaped me, although when going through it all you hang onto every word, learn and know every term, the cost of every drug and the names & numbers of every pharmacy and their prices... I recall Folistim pens...lots of them. I recall vials of Bravelle and then trying Lupron. And somewhere alon the line there was Menapur. It is quite blurry...and thankfully in the rear view mirror.
I wish I remembered their names because a few were fantastic! Warm, friendly and took the time to make you feel like you're a person. Some even like you are a person going through the toughest days of your life thus far-those nurses I wish I could go back and hug. Several were very clearly, busy. Even delivering the news that the one follicle that was there yesterday (yes 1) is suddenly gone and you are to wait weeks and then start all over. With zero emotion because the were busy washing up their hands so they could scurry on to the next patient. No compassion. How do you work here? Perhaps a blood bank would be more fitting for these nurses.
Describe your experience with Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It's one of few and this was the only reproductive endocrinologist clinic I visited so I have nothing to compare it to. It may have been that I was not a quality patient in that my chances were so low from the get go with poor egg quality, but I still would like to think that doctors and nurses do what they do for the people that they can effect. Instead I felt like a disappointment to their "stats" and a number with each visit...loosing hope is devastating and having your "care team" not really care, is beyond words.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
It was tough...feeling like a number.
Expensive
What specific things went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Center for Reproductive Medicine of Minnesota.
The lack of contact was extremely difficult as you are on the edge of your seat daily. Having my doctor send another doctor to our egg retrieval procedure was inaccusable and I will ever forget the feeling I felt that morning when a doctor I had never met walked into the room to perform the most personal and emotional procedure I had had in my life.
Lisa Erickson