HRC Fertility

Newport Beach, CA 92663
Laguna Hills
23961 Calle de la Magdalena
Laguna Hills, CA 92653

The doctor who is primarily assigned to you doesn't even do your transfer. ... Dr. Grossman as an individual is compassionate and friendly. She also explained as much as she could when we saw her. The issue was that we barely saw her for such an important event in our life. ...I went through the egg retrieval process (which was an nightmare. they [Columbia University] overstimulated me and doubled the dose of hormones). ...
It's [Columbia University] a money making machine. There is no customization in terms of adjusting hormones. ... You don't see your doctor regularly for ultrasounds or blood work. ... Before a vacation they didn't call in the right amount of hormones ... They barely have time to remember people except for 2 nurses who were above average. ... The clinic processes about 40 women an hour in the morning
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr. Grossman as an individual is compassionate and friendly. She also explained as much as she could when we saw her. The issue was that we barely saw her for such an important event in our life. I believe this is a negative consequence of the clinic and not her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Just avoid Columbia in total.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
The clinic processes about 40 women an hour in the morning. The doctor who is primarily assigned to you doesn't even do your transfer. So you get to know "your" doctor, but then you have a random doctor do the transfer.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
My husband's first sperm analysis came back with results that he had extremely low sperm count. Columbia referred us to a urologist they recommended, who ended up being completely disorganized and disappointing. Since he has such low sperm count we should've pursued a competent urologist path in the first place, but Dr. Grossman said we'd be ok doing IVF as long as we had a few sperm to work with. I went through the egg retrieval process (which was an nightmare. they overstimulated me and doubled the dose of hormones). I could barely walk the two days preceding my egg retrieval process and they got 33 eggs from me (way above normal). We had to wait a month for first transfer because my ovaries were overstimulated and had to calm down. The first transfer was done by a random doctor, and failed. Our second transfer was done by another random doctor (who used a completely different procedure) and failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
It's a zoo in there. They barely have time to remember people except for 2 nurses who were above average.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
It's a money making machine. There is no customization in terms of adjusting hormones. You have to go 3 times a week and they must process 50 women within 90 minutes. You don't see your doctor regularly for ultrasounds or blood work. We sat down with Dr. Grossman twice throughout the whole process. The fact that 2 different doctors did our transfers and used 2 different procedures for the transfer confused us. There should be consistency at least in that area.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at Columbia University.
we paid 20% of total costs.
Describe Lisa Becht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
No comments here.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Before a vacation they didn't call in the right amount of hormones so i had to take the vaginal pills... 3x a day. As most women know this is extremely messy and a lot of upkeep. Also they should've directed us back to the urologist before proceeding with iVF and putting my body through all the hormones.
Columbia University

Dr Grosasman Becht is very professional. She maintains a constant smile on her face when discussing my care(the smile sometimes come across as rehearsed rather than genuine). She covers all aspects of my care including benefits vs risk of each drug I have been prescribed.... She takes my personal account of how I think my body functions(eg. Left /right side ovulation on any given month based on my experience throughout my teen to adult years) without being dismissive.
I have found the clinic [Columbia University] to be organized. They are accommodating to patients on weekends (walk-ins). The front desk staff are welcoming. I am usually in and out of the clinic within half hour or so for blood work and ultrasound. Wait time may be a bit longer for follow up visits with my doctor. The earlier your appointment is the quicker you are seen. I like the consistent flow from one procedure to the next. I do wish I saw my Primary Physician more often for the ultrasounds rather than any Physician who is present that morning.
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr Grossman-Becht is polite and profession which for me allows me to feel comfortable to ask questions. She makes effort to explain procedures as well as test results. She is a practical but positive MD. She covers all the possibilities of my care including alternative treatment if the current treatment fails. She takes my personal account of how I think my body functions(eg. Left /right side ovulation on any given month based on my experience throughout my teen to adult years) without being dismissive.
Write down all the questions you need answers to before consultation/visit. She will answer your questions.
Dr Grosasman Becht is very professional. She maintains a constant smile on her face when discussing my care(the smile sometimes come across as rehearsed rather than genuine). She covers all aspects of my care including benefits vs risk of each drug I have been prescribed. So far, her team has been good with communicating pertinent information/updates.
My treatment included IUI protocol with blood work and ultrasound on day 2-4 Followed by a phone call that day to start taking Clomid 50mg for 5days (2 pills). Ultrasound and blood work to check hormone levels and follicles for size at approximately day 8-10. May have another ultrasound 3 or so days later to reassess follicle size and uterus lining thickness. This is followed by a trigger shot of ovidril the morning of the day prior to IUI date. The IUI was cancelled because I was going to travel to a Zika territory. I am now following the same protocol for pending IUI but instead of Clomid, I am taking Letrozole 2.5mg.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda Souverain)
My nurse is efficient in communicating information regarding my care. She responds in a timely manner to my emails. The is reassuring and professional. I truly believe she has my care in her best interest even though it is the doctor who makes decisions.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have found the clinic to be organized. They are accommodating to patients on weekends (walk-ins). The front desk staff are welcoming. I am usually in and out of the clinic within half hour or so for blood work and ultrasound. Wait time may be a bit longer for follow up visits with my doctor. The earlier your appointment is the quicker you are seen. I like the consistent flow from one procedure to the next. I do wish I saw my Primary Physician more often for the ultrasounds rather than any Physician who is present that morning.
billed amount for Dr Grossman :530.00 amount allowed by insurance$151.00 amount paid: $151.00. These amounts are higher for Physicians who seem to have more years of experience when they perform my ultrasound. My medications/treatment is not covered by insurance and is paid out of pocket. IUI cost $2649.50
Columbia University