Medical SchoolTexas A&M
Round Rock
16040 Park Valley Drive
Round Rock, TX 78681
512-451-0149
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lisa Hansard to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 74%Don't recommend: 26%8
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Texas Fertility Center to a friend?
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The implication still was there's a problem with me not them. She [Dr Lisa Hansard] also didn't know for sure what drugs to use. In then speaking to doctors outside the state everyone was quite familiar with the Empty Follicle Syndrome. While not very common, it's not unheard of and in most cases with an alternate protocol women can have a measure of success. They knew exactly what drugs to use and in fact we got 7 eggs. Only 1 made it to freeze but I'm not a lemon. It was worth every penny to go out of state. In talking to other patients of Texas Fertility they too expressed not being given completely educated information and major issues being undiagnosed that could have been detected only after the first round of IVF. Texas Fertility looks very solid on the outside but beneath the surface it is not a strong, educated institution. They adhere strongly to a one size fits all program and that just doesn't work for most people.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I interviewed Dr. Hansard twice before I decided to go with Texas Fertility. The first time I was put off by what seemed like a very conservative, staunch point of view. She does things one way, not much interest in conversation otherwise and perhaps not as learned as her confidence would suggest (ie. alternative protocols, combining eastern medicine with the program etc). So I went with a clinic in Houston where the doctor was immensely compassionate, experienced, humble and clearly at the top of her game. I cried happy tears finally meeting someone who could have an intellectual conversation around things and no ego. Alas amazing as the Houston doctor was the office was a giant mess. Important calls went unreturned for a day or two. Getting through to anyone took a number of digital hurdles. So back I went to resee Dr. Hansard. In my desperation what once seemed like an unfeasible ego was now maternally hawkish. I could get behind the idea of her as powerful woman and maybe find success accordingly. In all fairness she was quite communicative and clear. In signing on I was very well aware that she would be on vacation during the stimulation phase of my cycle, I would be seeing her colleagues for the sonograms but she would be checking in at night to rule on any changes in my program. Again, not pleased with the level of care I was given by the other doctors in the practice but I made it through all that fine. She returned from holiday and I went in for my retrieval the day before Thanksgiving feeling really strong. I had done everything I possible could to support the IVF process. While I had a history of endometriosis and medium to low AMH all signs were looking good. But as it turned out all the follicles were empty. We didn't get a single unbroken egg. I came out from under to her telling me my eggs were atretic, they've never seen anything like it, I probably had a genetic problem and should consider a donor egg. No further information given. In doing my own research I very quickly found a number of studies and articles that have been written about it. There's a widely used term - Empty Follicle Syndrome. And most other clinics have experience as well as a standard protocol in dealing with it. That Dr. Hansard nor her embryologist could not or did not share basic professional medical knowledge widely available in respectably journals online was quite peculiar. We went back for a follow-up appointment when the dust settled and she back peddled a bit. Maybe with a longer protocol we could have some luck. But the chances were slim. The implication still was there's a problem with me not them. She also didn't know for sure what drugs to use. In then speaking to doctors outside the state everyone was quite familiar with the Empty Follicle Syndrome. While not very common, it's not unheard of and in most cases with an alternate protocol women can have a measure of success. They knew exactly what drugs to use and in fact we got 7 eggs. Only 1 made it to freeze but I'm not a lemon. It was worth every penny to go out of state. In talking to other patients of Texas Fertility they too expressed not being given completely educated information and major issues being undiagnosed that could have been detected only after the first round of IVF. Texas Fertility looks very solid on the outside but beneath the surface it is not a strong, educated institution. They adhere strongly to a one size fits all program and that just doesn't work for most people.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Go out of state, don't waste time with anyone but the best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
On why I felt like a number: I often did not see Dr. Hansard in the process but one of her male colleagues and amongst them there seems to be an expectation that the patient should not ask many questions. It wasn't until I took my sonogram reports (the tiny pieces of paper with numbers stating the count and size of your follicles throughout the stim process) to my acupuncturist that someone explained to me what it all meant. And when it came down to me having to make big decisions on a given plan I don't feel like I was given appropriate counsel. Case in point - There was a moment with Dr. Vaughn where cysts were found on my ovaries so I had to delay IVF for a cycle and decide whether or not to start to pill to diminish the cysts, give clomid a shot or do away with meds all together and let my body rest. He ratted off the options very fast, hastily walked me through the repercussions of each and offered no further counsel. I tried to elicit more intel but he was not forthcoming and in a hurry to move onto his next patient. I was pushed off onto the nurses who were not sympathetic or information either in helping me make a solid decision toward something where every month counts. Dr. Hansard was more tender and communicative but the way the office works you sometimes don't see your actual doctor for routine appointments but a colleague.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
I will say the nursing team is pretty solid at Texas Fertility. And when one of them is n/a at night or on the weekends, I felt good with the after-hours nurse on call.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
It's a relatively small clinic and easy to get through to someone when you need them. They run a tight ship, administratively it's a well-oiled machine. Otherwise, they adhere far too tight to a one-size-fits-all protocol and to me it seems they are in it for the business more than helping women fight infertility and care for their bodies in the process. There is no acknowledgement of alternative medicine in supporting the process. My work with a respected acupuncturist, nutritionist and abdominal message was all brushed off as that easter stuff you do. When many more experienced fertility clinics today are embracing these therapies toward more positive outcomes.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Dr Hansard is very much about education and helping you understand all of your options. She felt strongly about us trying with our own eggs before going straight to a donor... She was very insistent on my only transfering one fresh embryo during our donor transfer.
IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She was referred to us by my OBGYN after we had 3 failed IUI attempts with him. Dr Hansard is very much about education and helping you understand all of your options. She felt strongly about us trying with our own eggs before going straight to a donor. We did, unfortunately my own eggs did not take. We ended up going with a donor and she was there every step of the way. We had a successful pregnancy and are now the parents of a beautiful baby boy. I would recommend Dr Hansard to anyone looking into IVF or having any issues with becoming pregnant.
Set up a consult and the attend her presentation on IVF. She has these monthly at St Davids North. It's very informative and definitely the first step in helping educate yourself on your options and next steps.
Dr Hansard was wonderful. She took the time to understand our wants, frustrations and goals. She offered advise and gave us many options. She understood that we needed extra support as this was a new road for us. She was extremely supportive. I would highly recommend her.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hansard used in your cycles at Texas Fertility Center and their degree of success.
She was very insistent on my only transfering one fresh embryo during our donor transfer. I was worried as I'm 42 years old. But it worked! She was right.
Very friendly. And they make a point to remember you. With the number of times you visit during your treatment you start to feel like they're close friends. Very professional and supportive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center.
First round of IVF using my own eggs was about $10K as we participated in a study. Second round using donor eggs (including retrieval and transfer), was about $35K.
North Austin
She [Dr. Lisa Hansard] tells like it is! She does not sugar coat things and get your hopes up. She is honest and caring while giving you the best chances of getting pregnant, we love her!.. All of our IUI’s were unscuessful, as we are facing a MFI issue. We underwent an egg retrieval where I was put on your standard medications to produce eggs nothing extra. We received unexpected news when we only one embryo was able to be frozen out of the 14 fertilized eggs. We are doing an FET soon and will go for round two with a new course of medication if needed to be more success ful.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
So far through our year with her she has been absolutely great! We have had some set backs that were not forseable and we have adjusted course and she is even communicating with other doctors in the area to help create a plan of action!
She tells like it is! She does not sugar coat things and get your hopes up. She is honest and caring while giving you the best chances of getting pregnant, we love her!
Dr Hansard always treats us with respect and kindness!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Virginia Brown)
“Ginny” is great and is always available to answer any questions I have during my first cycle of IVF which can be quite scary but she made it a breeze.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Our clinic see’s a lot of patients every day! Even though the office is busy most of the time, I still feel like a valued patient at every corner. They really do strive to give their patients the best care and top notch facilities.
Our total cost for the whole IVF process without FET was about $10000. Not including medications. Our ultrasounds were about 200 each and the majority of that cost went to the embryology lab ($6k). The facility fee was about $1700.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
My infertility was due to advanced maternal age. Dr. Hansard prescribed a more aggressive treatment cycle so I could produce an optimal number of eggs. My egg retrieval was more successful than what was anticipated.... Dr. Hansard was professional and knowledgeable. Despite our low chance for success, Dr. Hansard and her staff were always positive. She offered us a Plan B in case our off cycle was not successful. Even though we did not get the result we hoped for, we felt like we received the best, most professional care. We are still planning to go through our Plan B and will go back to Dr. Hansard to see it through.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Dr. Hansard was very knowledgeable and was up to date with the latest research. She has the perfect mix of bluntness and caring. She was always on time with appointments and made us feel like we were important.
If you want a positive experience for a stressful situation like off, go see Dr. Hansard.
We went to Dr. Hansard because we felt like our previous doctor acted more like a salesman. Dr. Hansard was professional and knowledgeable. Despite our low chance for success, Dr. Hansard and her staff were always positive. She offered us a Plan B in case our off cycle was not successful. Even though we did not get the result we hoped for, we felt like we received the best, most professional care. We are still planning to go through our Plan B and will go back to Dr. Hansard to see it through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
The nurse and nursing staff were always quick to respond to any questions. Everyone was professional and caring.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
The clinic was very well organized. Big staff. Each person specializes in one aspect of the clinic. Everything ran smoothly and we were never left waiting. They have several clinics around town which is very convenient.
Total was about $19,000. This included genetic testing for embryo and medication.
Describe Lisa Hansard's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Texas Fertility Center.
Dr. Hansard does not recommend multiple embryo transfer because it risky to health of babies and mother.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Lisa Hansard is a good communicator and has a very positive attitude. I didn't feel though that she offered many options aside from the standard IVF conservative treatment options. I had to bring research and options to the table to discuss for subsequent cycles.... Started with IUI's since I had never tried to get pregnant. When 6 IUI's ended in failure, we moved on to IVF.... My first IVF cycle was a total failure with no embryos making it to the blastocyst stage. My second IVF resulted in 2 abnormal embryos.
7 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Only see Lisa Hansard if you do not have overwhelming challenges with your fertility. If your case is fairly straightforward and likely to result in a positive outcome, she would be a good choice.
Developed a personal relationship where we could discuss issues openly.
Started with IUI's since I had never tried to get pregnant. When 6 IUI's ended in failure, we moved on to IVF. My first IVF cycle was a total failure with no embryos making it to the blastocyst stage. My second IVF resulted in 2 abnormal embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia)
Very kind and responsive, yet not always in sync with Dr. Hansard on instructions for the patient.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Very organized and efficient. Clean and comfortable. This clinic is quite costly and charges or everything individually. There are no offered discounts or package offerings to keep costs down. Unnecessary ultrasounds were ordered.
IVF - 25K IUI - $2000
Central Austin
Dr. Hansard gave me an honest assessment about the way in which she thought I could get pregnant. She chose a less aggressive treatment after my previous fertility doctor thought I needed to move on. She also is very knowledgeable and provided me with good information about PCOS.... Dr. Hansard always took the time to explain what was happening and why we were pursuing a particular course of treatment. I was never rushed and she was always compassionate and enthusiastic about my goals.
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Ask her to be honest with you about your chances of conceiving. Ask her lots of questions. Her nursing staff is also incredibly supportive and willing to talk anytime.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Katherine Boepple)
Kat is extremely responsive. She always returns phone calls promptly and listens with patience and compassion and works to get the answers you need in a timely fashion.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
Clinic is extremely prompt and efficient. Very friendly.
200 per visit, roughly 1,000 for clomid IUI cycle.
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Hansard was so sensitive to us and our needs. She explained everything in detail and was so very compassionate. She is the absolute best! [The staff] really hold your hand through the process and are always accessible. Dr. Hansard treated us like family and I will be eternally grateful. I wouldn't change a thing. I can honestly say that.
2013 - 2016
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
Relax! She is the best and has your best interest at heart!
She was so sensitive to our feelings and really talked to us and treated us like we were close friends or even family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
All of the nursing staff was awesome and always available to answer any questions. They were also very sensitive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic communicates well, is very patient centered, and highly professional. You know that you are in good hands with them.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I loved everything about my expierence with her [Dr. Lisa Hansard]. Our initial consultation lasted an hour and a half as she was trying to gather as much information as possible to know how to proceed. She was kind, honest, gentle and firm all at the same time. She even cried with me when we heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time... I never felt rush. She has the most kind bedside manner and spoke to me like a friend.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I loved everything about my expierence with her. Our initial consultation lasted an hour and a half as she was trying to gather as much information as possible to know how to proceed. She was kind, honest, gentle and firm all at the same time. She even cried with me when we heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time.
Be 100%honest with her about your history!
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
I honestly don’t have a bad word to say about TFC. The entire staff was a joy to work with, wait times were low and they were all so kind during what is often a very stressful expierence. I felt like a person and not a number each time I arrived for an appointment.
2012
She [Dr. Hansard] was wonderful. Made me feel confident that we would have a baby and that she was confident that she could help us achieve this goal. She had excellent bedside manner and celebrated with us when we did conceive.
2012
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
She was wonderful. Made me feel confident that we would have a baby and that she was confident that she could help us achieve this goal. She had excellent bedside manner and celebrated with us when we did conceive. She gave me hope in having a family and eventually helped us have our family!
Trust her
I always felt with Dr Hansard and her entire staff that my feelings and struggles were important and validated. I felt compassion and encouragement from everyone there when I was frustrated and discouraged. They rejoiced and were genuinely happy for us when we did get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Texas Fertility Center.
Everyone in the entire office was so kind and compassionate.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
I found her [Lisa Hansard] to be cold. She did not take time to listen or answer our questions- and would act defensive when we asked questions as though we were questioning her expertise. If we had any concern with any part of the treatment she recommended, she became very defensive and dismissive of our concerns...Go along with whatever treatment she suggests and don't ask too many questions and you should be treated nicely.
2013 - 2014
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lisa Hansard at Texas Fertility Center?
I found her to be cold. She did not take time to listen or answer our questions- and would act defensive when we asked questions as though we were questioning her expertise. If we had any concern with any part of the treatment she recommended, she became very defensive and dismissive of our concerns.
Describe your experience with Texas Fertility Center.
This clinic is organized and runs well.
About 800 OOP per IUI