Medical SchoolEmory
770.928.2276
5909 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30328
770.928.2276
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lisa Hasty to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend ACRM to a friend?
From the day I met Dr. Hasty, I felt like I had known her for years! She was so friendly and inviting. She seemed genuinely eager to help us....I do not have one negative thing to say about Dr. Hasty. The knowledge she has in her field is astounding! But equally important, is her bedside manner. She made me feel important from my very first visit. Every time I left her office, she gave me the biggest hug. Those hugs gave me comfort and hope!
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I would advise any new patient to go in with questions written down. More than likely she will answer them all before you have a chance to ask. The amount of information she can provide can be overwhelming at a first visit, but in a good way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at ACRM and their degree of success.
Dr. Hasty started with two rounds of Letrizole for my treatment, because conceiving had not been my issue in the past. Unfortunately, I was not able to conceive during those months. She suggested IVF, but that is where my treatment stopped because we could not afford it at this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach)
Nurse Michelle Deloach was always extremely helpful when I had questions or concerns. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to e-mail her directly and get a response within hours.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
All of the ACRM clinics are so inviting and have a peaceful environment. For me, this was important because of the stress associated with infertility. It was nice to go in a calm environment. Additionally, I love that they do not allow children at all for the sake of their patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My insurance covered all preliminary tests. Once I began fertility pills, each ultrasound and exam was approximately $500. Had I been able to go through with IVF, the medications were going to be $6,600 and the IVF procedure in total was going to be approximately $17,000.
Atlanta Buckhead
since my negative appt. Dr. Hasty has not even called to tell me the next step...The times I had procedures done I actually was seen by a different Dr. every time. The other Dr.'s were very considerate but it just was uncomfortable...Dr. Hasty was very friendly but, I only saw here once and that was in her office. I spoke with her on the phone once. She seemed like a very nice and compassionate person. She just didn't notify me that I wasn't just her patient.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty was very friendly but, I only saw here once and that was in her office. I spoke with her on the phone once. She seemed like a very nice and compassionate person. She just didn't notify me that I wasn't just her patient. At ACRM they actually may as well share patients. I would be fine with that but, I just didn't know that until it came time to see a Dr. The times I had procedures done I actually was seen by a different Dr. every time. The other Dr.'s were very considerate but it just was uncomfortable. And when I went for the IUI the Dr. that performed the procedure (Carpenter), she continuously had to adjust the tools. Which kind of made me nervous and question if that what caused the IUI not to work as well. I appreciated what they have done so far. I just wish that next time I have a Dr. that takes care of me form the beginning to the end themselves. Lastly, since my negative appt. Dr. Hasty has not even called to tell me the next step.
Be honest in the beginning and ask all of your questions up front!
I felt that they actually considered my feelings however, the first cycle we have gone was like oh well that normal maybe next time. I felt that there wasn't much sympathy after the first negative test. it was oh well let's try again in a few months.
We had to keep up with the amount of cycle days, to begin testing for ovulation and taking fertility pills. Then, we had to call or email the nurse for the frozen smiley face to schedule and appt to come in for the IUI cycle. Once we arrived we waited and then the new Dr. came in and introduced herself and explained the procedure then she asked the nurse for several steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Changed 2 times)
The staff was very nice but they wouldn't answer the phone calls. I would have to leave a message and wait for them to call back eventually. I could also, email them and they would respond faster through that approach.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
The strengths of this clinic is that they have several offices. They seem knowledgeable and they are compassionate. Weaknesses are they sometimes didn't show sympathy and also, the billing dept charged me for something that should have been prorated.
$8000 or a little more
Describe Lisa Hasty's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ACRM.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr hasty was so warm and kind. Her predictions were spot on. She wanted to move to ivf after 2 Iuis to save us some money but we wanted to try more iuis and she supported our decision. We got pregnant with our beautiful baby girl on our first ivf cycle... Dr hasty did the antigonoist protocol. I was irritated my nurse over ordered medication. It’s so expensive and her reasoning was that if they needed to stimulate me extra days, it wouldn’t be an issue if we needed more meds vs having to get them mailed in a pinch. We had about $500 in unused meds
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Relax and trust the doctors. The nurses aren’t as warm as they should be and my primary nurse lacked communication although she never messed anything up, I constantly felt like I had to double check or check in to make sure things were on track-which have me unneeded stress
Physicians treated me like a human. The clinical staff treated me like a number. I almost switched clinics because of some of the cold staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Deloach )
Michelle was not warm and I should have requested a new primary nurse but I didn’t want to be labeled as a difficult patient. Erin Martin at the perimeter office was SO cold. She needs to be in a different profession
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Staff need to learn how to file insurance. I think they are so used to self pay, they all were unsure about filing and what my Ins covered and did not cover. Each visit I’d get a different answer from different staff which added unneeded stress.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
WEbpaid about $12k and I had insurance that covered the monitoring-the lab was out of network
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
Dr. Hasty herself is amazing. Extremely kind and helpful. Be aware that you will only see her a few times. I saw her for 2 consults, one for the initial discussion of what treatments to begin, and one to decide if it was time to move to IVF. She also did one of my IUI's, which is the cycle I became pregnant on. The doctors do the IUI's and obviously IVF, but the nurses handle all the other day to day procedures and calls.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Immunological
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is an incredibly compassionate doctor, when you are with her, you are all that matters. She takes a huge amount of time listening to your concerns and addressing all your questions. She even hugs you when you are leaving. However, as ACRM is a huge practice, you don't often see your doctor. So the problem is not with Dr. Hasty but with the size of the practice you really only see the nurses, who I have found sometimes to be less than compassionate.
During our initial consult I was switched from clomid to femera. Then after 4 cycles of that not progressing, the nurse switched me to femera with IUI. After IUI failed, I met with Dr. Hasty again and she agreed that it was time to move to IVF. I was in the middle of a femera cycle during that consult so we decided to proceed with an IUI, while I prepared for IVF. I got pregnant during that IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lemay)
Laura Lemay does all the primary care for the Buckhead office, so I think she is incredibly busy. Because of this, she often rushes phone calls and it is hard to get a hold of her.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM is a very busy practice. I love all the doctors I have seen at the practice and I feel they are all very compassionate. However, you do not see the doctors often. You will be seeing a nurse. I feel like the nursing staff is overwhelmed because they do so much work for the patients. It's also very hard to get in contact with someone immediately in an emergency. I even find it difficult to schedule an appointment by phone or pay a bill by phone. You almost always have to leave a message and receive a call back.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
My medicated timed intercourse cycles were covered under my insurance. My IUI's were about $500.
I know that in general Dr. Hasty prefers to transfer a single embryo for fear that multiples come along with a greater risk to the babies and mother.
2004 - 2011
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I highly recommend Lisa Hasty. She was personable, communicative, professional and honest. Lisa was caring, warm, empathetic and I had complete confidence in her word and her medical abilities. She was committed to me, and did not push treatments on me, understanding all I had been through she recommended considering adoption rather than pursuing further treatment...We did the usual clomid, then IUI, then IVF. I had a history of ectopic pregnancies so when I had a positive pregnancy test she would follow my hormone levels very closely, and if the pregnancy was ectopic she would send me asap for a methotrexate (?) injection to end the pregnancy. I hyperstimulated on my IVF cycle and had to have albumen. I developed a cyst at one of the injection sites so she immediately switched the drug delivery medium. Had ICSI to increase number of embryos produced.
2004 - 2011
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at RBA?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Hasty at RBA?
Trust in her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Hasty at RBA?
Lisa was wonderful with me. She was warm and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Lisa Hasty used in your cycles at RBA and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RBA.
She was wonderful, but unfortunately during my IVF cycle she did not get back to me in a timely manner to let me know my progesterone level was too low. It turned out her husband had committed suicide.
Describe your experience with RBA.
RBA was good - all of the nurses and staff were professional, competent, friendly, warm and compassionate. I only had a problem with one ultrasound technician, who was pulling out pictures of her kids to show us, and allowed a drug rep to walk in on me while I was changing for an ultrasound, Hopefully she is not there anymore.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at RBA.
It was a long time ago, so don't completely remember, and we were fortunate to have primary and secondary insurers paying for some aspects of treatment.
What specific things went wrong at RBA?
RBA
Sandy Springs
If you tell her [Dr. Lisa Hasty] your fears or concerns up front, she will tailor her message and treatment to address that. Or at least deliver it in a way that addresses those fears or concerns...I have an unexplained diagnosis possibility with mild PCOS prescribed low dose of metformin 1 medicated, timed intercourse cycle 3 medicated, IUI (currently waiting for results of the 3rd and will move to IVF if necessary).
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
She is a very compassionate doctor that makes you feel at ease. When you are with her, you do not feel like a number but that she actually looks at your chart and adjusts based on your body and not the "book". The downside is that you don't get to see her much, even if you are a patient, since this is a large practice.
If you tell her your fears or concerns up front, she will tailor her message and treatment to address that. Or at least deliver it in a way that addresses those fears or concerns.
When I actually get to see Dr Hasty, she makes you feel like a human. 90% of the time you feel like a number. It was very hard to get nurses or other doctors to adjust my treatment based on my particular cycle (i.e. checking mid-cycle on day 13 vs 11 because I ovulate late), however, as soon as I randomly saw Dr Hasty for my day 3 check, she recommended just that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and Angie)
Honestly, I don't talk to my assigned nurse often. However, the overall nursing staff very much treats you like a number and only follow the "by the book" protocols.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Its large so you feel like a cog in a wheel and see different doctors and nurses all the time.
IUI is around $400
N/A at this time
Endometriosis, PCOS
While I rarely saw Dr. Hasty unless it was for consults, I still felt like a human because I got to see the same nurses everytime....I thought Dr Hasty was very knowledgeable and excellent to work with. She is very well experienced and I felt confident in her judgement. The only downside is that because she's so busy, I rarely saw her...Dr. Hasty's IVF protocol for me was pretty typical for someone with a high AMH, PCOS, hypothyroid and endometriosis.
Endometriosis, PCOS
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
I thought Dr Hasty was very knowledgeable and excellent to work with. She is very well experienced and I felt confident in her judgement. The only downside is that because she's so busy, I rarely saw her and communicated with her outside of consultations and my first pregnancy ultrasound.
Just expect that you won't see her regularly.
Dr. Hasty's IVF protocol for me was pretty typical for someone with a high AMH, PCOS, hypothyroid and endometriosis. I only had to do Stims shots for 7 days because I responded pretty quickly to the medication. She never seemed pushy when my IUIs failed and was considering IVF.
The care coordinator I was assigned to was okay. Sometimes it was hard to get in touch with her and I didn't have a direct line to her. I felt like I had better access to my assigned nurse.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
Strengths-Conveniently located around Atlanta, modern, friendly staff Weaknesses-Dealing with freezing my husband's sperm--only one clinic had the lab to do it and you had to make an appointment between 9-1pm M-Thurs to drop it off which is ridiculous.
Roughly $20,000 for one round of IVF including meds $1600 for IUI
My clinic made us sign a document saying we would only transfer a single embryo.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Hasty is extremely empathetic, focused and has an excellent bedside manner. I have always felt completely comfortable with her, and her staff. She is candid and knowledgeable and I feel lucky to have her overseeing my process.... All of the nurses, PAs, doctors, looked me in the eye...The office is never crowded.. i feel like I'm being taken care of during my appointments - never rushed or hurried.
3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Trust her and be patient.
All of the nurses, PAs, doctors, looked me in the eye...The office is never crowded.. i feel like I'm being taken care of during my appointments - never rushed or hurried. I can email my nurses, which I was never able to do with other providers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and Ellie )
My nurses are all professional, personable, remember everything I've gone through and are always respectful. They all have good senses of humor too, which is helpful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ACRM.
Most monitoring appointments are in the morning so the labs can process the results same-day. The office opens at 7 (i think) and do morning appointments until 10, but have always been flexible with me. It's never been a problem
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Hasty at ACRM.
I think a full round is 13,000, most of which (thankfully) is covered by our insurance. There is a facility management fee each round for about 1300 that's not covered by insurance. I guess because it doesn't have a "medical" purpose.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. hasty was thorough in all of our appointments. She took the time to really explain things. My 2nd IVF cycle was done from another state and she took the extra steps to help me overcome the challenges of that... I have recommended Dr. Hasty to several friends and will continue to do so. She makes you feel like a person and that you are important to her. She has a great bedside manner while sometimes delivering tough news
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
You don’t have to understand everything, your cycle may be different than mine/another patient, you have to trust that they are the experts and have your best interest in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM.
The nurses in the operations side (retrieval and transfer) were particularly extraordinary! The were compassionate, understanding and positive.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
I have seen almost every doctor at ACRM during my two treatments. They are all wonderful, each with different personalities. I would recommend any of the doctors. Having a bigger clinic means that they have the process down and provide you with a lot of information, including financial, and you have personal contacts assigned to you for questions
This is hard, because you want more embryos transferred by the time you get to that point because you have been through so much. You have to listen to the doctors and stay off the websites. This is about you and not random internet posters.
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
2013 - 2014
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty was easy to talk to about all of our concerns - medical, financial, and emotional. She would talk to us using medical terms about our issues and concerns and listen as we would make sure we understood it in our layman terms. Dr. Hasty was honest and direct, yet encouraging. I felt she cared more about us as people than about how our success would benefit ACRM's success rate.
Be up front with her about your fears so she can address them.
I was often treated by the same staff. They knew me and created relationships with me. Everyone was compassionate and always had time to talk to me and answer any questions. It was not a quick in and out appointment unless I wanted it to be that way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Bauer for IVF and Mirrin Reagan for egg donor)
Both nurses were readily available to me by phone and email (which worked best for me). I could ask a million different questions or the same question a million times and always be treated as intelligent and with respect. They were both patient and compassionate and extremely knowledgeable.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Hasty was wonderful. She clearly laid our our options and when it became clear that we would not conceive using my eggs she didn't push us to keep trying. She gave us the advice she would give her daughter or sister which was to consider adoption. I can't thank her enough for this. She is a great doctor and I wish I could see her for all of my healthcare needs.
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is the kindest doctor I've ever met.
Describe your experience with ACRM.
ACRM is a great clinic. The blood draw appointments were always fast which was great when I had to go in multiple times a week before work. You do sometime see other doctors for procedures but all of the doctors I met seemed great.
2012 - 2014
8 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Hasty made the hardest days of my life more manageable by offering realistic treatment options and hopeful feedback - she was always supportive and wanted to see our dream of parenthood fulfilled.
2012 - 2014
8 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lisa Hasty at ACRM?
Dr. Hasty is incredibly kind and caring. She exudes passion for what she does and is incredibly warm. She made the hardest days of my life more manageable by offering realistic treatment options and hopeful feedback- she was always supportive and wanted to see our dream of parenthood fulfilled.
Trust her, she is the best.
Yes, my patient care coordinator and nurse knew me on both a personal and medical level
Describe your experience with your nurse at ACRM. (Assigned nurse: Mikesha Middlebrook)
Mikesha went out of her way on several occasions to comfort me or make sure I had a question answered about my treatment or care. She even shared her personal experience with me and held my hand during a procedure that my husband was unable to attend.
Atlanta Perimeter
Dr Hasty has changed my appointments to be there herself after she saw me scheduled for another cycle (failed previous cycle).