How was your experience with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
As a patient, I always felt that Dr. Li was there for me. We could schedule a phone call with her anytime we wanted to discuss something important, and the most difficult times, when i had the miscarriages she always took time to talk to us. She respected that i wanted to have a little time until i would feel better but at the time she would talk to her I felt the comfort that she knew what i was going thru and she cared for me. We would talk about what happened, and we would do other test like Endometrial Receptivity Array and other blood test to check Immune system issue etc. I always felt so much better after talking to Dr Li. After the transfer of my last embryo and an unsuccessful pregnancy, we had to think what to do. For my surprise, my company announced that our insurance plan added the Infertility treatment but unfortunately PFC is not in the insurance list clinics. The last call that we had with Dr. Li i was in tears and Dr Li said that my dream is the first priority that she will support me and understood that i have to choose another clinic because of the insurance coverage. Dr. Li is an amazing professional but also a wonderful human being. We always had her support and compassion in the years of our journey at PFC.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
Dr. Li has lots of knowledge about the infertility issues. Make sure to schedule the appointments either in person or via phone. Make a list of all your questions because she will answer all of them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center?
In 2014, we decided to choose another Infertility clinic because we were going to move out from Texas and relocate to the Bay Area. After doing some research online, I liked the reviews of Pacific Fertility Center in San Francisco. I had no idea which doctor to pick and when i called to make an appointment on the day that we were available in SF it was Dr Liyun Li who was available. My husband and I were so pleased with the first consultation. Dr Li listened to our journey, made suggestions and always respect our feelings. My husband likes to have an analytical response on the probability outcomes and Dr. Li always gave him great answers. For instance , i had tried for the second time to retrieve my own eggs and check whether we could have a day 5 blastocyst, i knew that being over 40 it would be difficult but we wanted to try. We had a long conversation with Dr. Li about the results. Dr Li. explained every detail and always answered any question we had. When Dr. Li told us that we could still continue to try to retrieve my own eggs because we could get a good quality egg but it would take around 10 or more egg retrievals, she spoke my husbands language, giving us an explanation in the statistic way. We love Dr. Li and we will always be grateful that we had an opportunity to have her as our RE doctor.
Describe the protocols Liyun Li used in your cycles at Pacific Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had 4 embryos - day 5 blastocyst and the protocol used was :
1. Ultrasound and blood test on the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle
2. Start Delestrogene shots -every 2 or 3 days -0.2 ml
3. after 10 days ultrasound and blood test
4. Start Progesterone - Ethyl oleate 1 ml - 5 days prior to Embryo transfer
5. Emnbryo transfer after 5 days of Progesterone shots
6. Continue shots of progesterone every day, and delestrogene 2 x week
7 . after 9 days, blood test HCG Beta
8. if positive continue with progesterone and delestrogene until reach week 9
Describe your experience with the nursing staff.
I don't know how i would survived without the Dr Lis Care team.
When I had just a random question, i would send them an email and i always got a response on the same day. When i started to bleed when i was pregnant the nurse would call me in less than an hour and I could make an appointment if I felt something was wrong.
I will always be grateful for a special nurse : Lindsay. She is my hero. She used to send me cards by mail, I used to cry with a smile on my face and felt so much happiness when reading her words. She was always checking on me after a negative HCG or a miscarriage and i felt a lot of comfort by having her there at PFC
Describe your experience with Pacific Fertility Center.
I had to do research while I lived in Texas and here in the San Francisco area and i have to say that Pacific Fertility clinic is really a top on the service. Find below my points.
1. When you choose a new Infertility clinic and you are a new patient, usually you have to talk to a central office or a different number of the clinic. I experienced that i had to answer a questionnaire and leave a detail message on the answering machine, lots of clinics don't answer and you never talk to a human being to make the first consultation, HOWEVER at Pacific fertility center you always do talk to a human being and to make the first consultation appointment as well as any other appointment with your Doctor, Counselor etc. I am very impressed of how efficient the Clinic is
2. The Clinic is very clean and have an amazing decoration, you don't feel you are in the middle of a hospital.
3. While wait in the reception to be called, the view of the pier is incredible, there are lots of magazines for you to pick one and read, the music is very relaxing and you can get a hot beverage as well
4. I had to change the clinic and i need to send historical data , letter from the Counselor etc, i am still sending emails to PFC requesting documents and they are always in contact with me sending me what i need to proceed to the other clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Liyun Li at Pacific Fertility Center.
I went thru the following procedures:
1. Egg retrieval : Medication around $4000 , each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135
2. frozen Egg donor - total $21000
each embryo transfer : $2900
Embryo Transfer 950.00
US Guidance for Embryo Transfer 315.00
Assisted Hatching 685.00
Prep Embryos 575.00
Thaw Embryos 375.00
Progesterone - $360 3 vials
Delestrogene - $230 each vial
each ultrasound $255 , each blood test $150 , hcg test $135
Describe Liyun Li's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific Fertility Center.
I hear a lot of debates regarding to eSET and multiple, but my reaction about just do a eSET was positive, since the goal of the treatment is to have a health baby and a health mom, which for me it's sufficient to approve the eSET