Medical SchoolWake Forest
751 NE Blakely Drive
Issaquah, WA 98029
1101 Madison St.
Seattle, WA 98104
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lora Shahine to a friend?

7.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Pacific NW Fertility to a friend?
PCOS, Unexplained
I have only met with Dr. Shahine for an initial IVF consult. In the time I spent with her I found her to be very kind and compassionate. She was equally concerned about my emotional well being as getting to the end result of having a healthy pregnancy/baby. She was very informative and provided many resources. I felt that she wasn't just trying to get me to do IVF, she wanted to explore other options first and make sure my health was in good shape before moving forward. I appreciate her honesty and care in discussing such sensitive topics.
The clinic's [Pacific NW Fertility] strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Have an open mind and be ready that IVF isn't the first coarse of action to take.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was very compassionate towards my experiences. She spoke to me with kindness and without judgement, acknowledging how much my husband and I have been through. She provided resources to treat my emotional needs as well as my physical needs. Dr. Shahine never left me feeling hopeless.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
She currently has me working with a nutritionist who specializes in fertility and PCOS. Additionally she is having me lose weight and continue trying naturally at home until my weight is at a safer space for IVF treatment.
The nursing staff has always been so kind, warm and welcoming. I have always felt incredibly comfortable at every visit.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic's strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
Just the initial consult was covered by insurance

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated...I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to...She [Dr. Shahine] recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine had read through my chart thoroughly before our consult. She was aware of my entire case, and my chart is a thick one. She went over extra details she had questions about and we discussed those. She then made her recommendations based on research and sited those studies. She stressed that we had done nothing to cause our many miscarriages, failed transfers and were doing everything we could. However, she did make two changes and suggestions for our doctor here in town. I can say that I am now pregnant after our third transfer, and I truly feel that it's Dr. Shahine's suggestions made all the difference. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Especially those who have had recurrent miscarriage. We need more providers with the care and compassion that she has!
She is incredibly thoughtful, knows all the current studies, is humble and is just all around an incredible doctor. Highly recommend.
After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated. I had been following Dr. Shahine on instagram for over a year. I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
She recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I had Jennifer call me to get all of my information before my consult with Dr. Shahine. She was so kind, thorough and paid attention to detail. All of her notes she took were correct for when we had our appointment with Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to.
It was a second opinion consult so it was not much. I am thankful for that!
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
She strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo. We took her advice and continued with only one.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.

2015 - 2019
Dr Shahine recommended a single embryo transfer, which we agreed with. We also appreciated her recommendation to do PGS testing on our day 5 embryos to essentially up our odds of success with the single embryo transfer approach...treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions...Monitoring was scheduled when convenient with my schedule during the week. The appts on the weekend are scheduled in time order, which makes it less convenient, but not beyond reason...Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
2015 - 2019
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
From our initial meeting through our IVF treatments, Dr. Shahine was kind, informative, and compassionate, all traits that my husband and I valued while going through an emotional time in our fertility journey. I felt very listened to, and any concerns or topics I asked about were addressed and discussed with respect and honesty. I liked that we saw her every visit and that she always made time to ask how I was feeling. She coordinated the care that I needed to receive very smoothly.
Ask any question that you may have around any and all parts of your treatment. No question is too big, or too small, and Doctor Shahine was very receptive, open, and honest to any questions we brought forward.
Doctor Shahine consistently checked up with me during my iVF cycle, always making sure to ask how I was feeling. I truly felt listened to and felt like the staff cared for my well being during such an emotional time. I felt like Dr Shahine treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
My initial protocol involved testing to properly diagnose the reasoning for infertility, including a Hysterosalpingography, Saline sonogram, bloodwork to check such levels as FsH, estradiol, TSH, Anti mullerian hormone level, and progesterone. When my husband and I decided to do IVF, Dr. Shahine set up a FET protocol for my IVF cycle, due to the potential of ovarian overstimulation. This included birth control pills, Ganirelix, Gonal F, minced dose HCG, and Progesterone in Oil injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions. We are now back at the clinic, and though we now have a team of nurses assigned vs a primary nurse, I still feel the same. The nursing staff I have met thus far is very supportive, & quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is very well run overall. Staff are respectful, kind, attentive, and prompt in returning emails and phone calls. I truly feel like the staff I communicate with knows my name, and I feel very comfortable reaching out with any questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Shahine took the time to talk with me one on one. When she did, she praised me for taking charge of my health and also made sure I knew that my miscarriages were not my fault.... Dr. Shahine recommenced a 3D ultrasound to evaluate the shape of my uterus and check for a septum. When the results came back inconclusive she recommended a hysteroscopy to get a direct look and to diagnose/treat any abnormalities that may be causing my recurrent pregnancy loss.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.... The nursing staff is very kind. I was very nervous at my first appointment and they took time to comfort me and show me compassion....The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was so kind throughout the process. My initial meeting with her was great, she quickly coordinated the care that I needed to receive. When she sensed my hesitancy when we were discussing surgery, she assured me she wouldn’t do anything that she didn’t need to to, and that’s she wasn’t a surgical cowboy. This meant a lot to me because I’ve had anxiety regarding recovery time. When my surgery had to be cancelled last minute (day of surgery), she personally called me to discuss why and apologize, and offered to write a letter for work and got me rescheduled ASAP.
I would simply tell them to pick Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.
All of my care was covered under my insurance as pre-conception screening or screening for abnormalities. I did not have any “infertility” related billing. The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
Not applicable
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shahine] is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have...She took the time to get to know us--why we moved to Seattle, what we do for work, etc. She was approachable, friendly, and authentic. Also, when we saw her at the Footsteps for Fertility 5K the next day, she ran over and gave us big hugs. It's clear she truly cares about her patients... During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks...She [nurse] was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We're just starting to work with Dr. Shahine. During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
Come with questions. She is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Reed)
She was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks.
We are just getting started. I will say that I was impressed that some of the tests were covered by insurance. I thought all fertility work was not covered, but they were able to keep our costs down for testing. However, I know we're about to spend a huge chunk of change on our first round of IVF. Dr. Shahine gave us options to apply for grants, but other than that, we're going to be stuck with a very significant bill.
+ Read more- Read less

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. ...Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage. ...
Their office [Pacific NW Fertility] can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in. ... Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. ... There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. What sets her apart from other physicians, is that she engaged both my husband and I in the conversation. This helped her to gauge our individual personalities, emotions, and learning styles in order to know how to best present information to us which often meant in 2 various styles - 1 that worked better for my husband, and one that worked better for me. Dr Shahine quickly read that I needed to process information in an evidence based method. She presented me with the most incredible resource (a book she authored on miscarriage and repeat pregnancy loss) and was able to factually support her decision making process. I have had repeat pregnancy loses and was seen by more provider than I can count. Other providers would dance around my questions regarding miscarriage whereas Dr Shahine was genuinely empathetic but provided me with evidence based research for what things may be linked to miscarriage. This helped my brain process information and felt like I had some control. The control to me was knowledge. I am the person that needs to know the "but why", and she always delivered the answers.
Write down all your questions in advance of your meeting with her. She will notice your list of questions and allow you time to ask every question you have.
Dr Shahine always is very warm in her welcome. She genuinely listens to your concerns and shares in your heartbreak without rushing you or showing signs of being uncomfortable. She allows you to process and talk through your emotions which I believe helped her guide her decision making process with us. When asking to share her reasons in her decision making process she presents pros and cons and always cites examples we have given in relation to our "feelings".
Dr Lora Shahine took over my care after other physicians left the practice thus I was already on a regimented protocol that she agreed with so we did not need to make any adjustments. At that time I was taking Femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, with ultrasound monitoring appointments to ensure the mature eggs where on the side in which my Fallopian tube was not blocked to ensure best change at success, when the follicle measured the correct size I would have a trigger injection with IUI within 36 hours. Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. They recently moved to a model to have a "care team" which they believe allows for improved communication time. I have not been as impressed with others on the care team as they do not seem to be as informed on my particular case and give insufficient answers to my questions (they do not address all questions asked) and often contradict what the primary nurse and MD's plan was which makes it frustrating. I feel most confident when Michelle answers my questions. I also have never met the other care providers so I believe without a face to face meeting they may treat me more as a number vs human
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are open 7 days a week. The first appointment may take a while to get however once you are an established patient it is very easy to make appointments when needed. There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean. Their office can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in.
My insurance does cover some expenses however many things, especially medications are cash pay only despite insurance saying they cover fertility benefits.
We have not yet fully discussed this with MD thus can not provide information on this at this time.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shahine considered all my previous testing and medical files from my previous RE and fully reviewed everything before we came in for our consult. I felt that she really took her time to familiarize herself with our case and that means a lot. She had so much compassion and approached our current situation with kindness.... She suggested we change the dosage on some meds due to those complications. This clinic also times the IUIs differently than my last clinic to be anytime on the day after trigger shot instead of a set 36hrs after trigger like my previous clinic's IUIs.
PNWF is a much larger clinic than my previous clinic. There are many doctors on staff here and most of your appointments are handled by the nurses. As a new patient, you'll most likely not meet with your doctor right away. You meet with a nurse first and do any testing required first. (i.e.: RPL bloodwork) Then you will see Dr. Shahine to review those results at a later time. So it may take you several weeks to get in for the first appointment with the nurse and then several more weeks after that to actually meet with your Dr.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine is a very active person in the field of fertility medicine. She is very active on her social media Instagram to help raise awareness for infertility including available grants and support groups. She is also a specialist for recurrent pregnancy loss and an author. The reason why I seeked her out for a second opinion on my recurrent pregnancy loss was to gain some new insights on why I've miscarried two babies already in the last two and a half years. So far, I'm not sure I've learned anything new, that I haven't heard from my previous RE. To be honest, I did not expect her to have the magic pill that would fix RPL, but maybe we'll learn more as our treatment at this new clinic moves forward.
Dr. Shahine is good about making sure you have your questions answered. She is also reassuring and encouraging. I say this about any Dr or situation, to be your own advocate and bring those hard questions to them.
After reviewing and discussing our last IUI treatments with our first RE, she noticed the dosage of the fertility meds and some complications I had. She suggested we change the dosage on some meds due to those complications. This clinic also times the IUIs differently than my last clinic to be anytime on the day after trigger shot instead of a set 36hrs after trigger like my previous clinic's IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Peterson)
Communication at this clinic is mainly with your nurse coordinator or the front office relaying your phone calls and scheduling your next appointments. No portal message system but you can email your coordinator directly. So far they do call back within reasonable time. It does seem as though, when your taking to a nurse who is not your set coordinator, there is some mix ups and misunderstandings.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Medications for a hybrid oral/injection cycle ran about $440 and the IUI and sperm prep were covered at 80% by our insurance.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Doctor Shahine is very sympathetic to fertility struggles. Especially miscarriages. It doesn’t feel like you are a statistic or a dollar sign- she really does want to help you emotionally as well as physically to get results you want.... In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Doctor Shahine is really good at giving you all the options and staying neutral to allow you to make the best decision for you. However if you ask her “what would you do if you were in my situation?” She will give you an honest answer and list the reasons why. Which I appreciate. Doctor Shahine is really good at explaining treatment procedures and keeping you informed of what needs to happen.
You can never ask too many questions. Do some research on each treatment beforehand and come in with some questions written down.
In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication. That way we’d have better odds of getting a “good egg.” The results were effective as we ended up with one embryo to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I don’t know how she manages to do this for every patient, but Tara is SO organized and quick to respond to any questions you have. She is sincere while being professional. She is fantastic at explaining procedures and giving you instructions on how to administer medication.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
A large portion of our treatment was covered by insurance. Treatment costs included egg retrieval, kearotype testing, fertility medication, PGD and PGS testing.
+ Read more- Read less

From the first time I met her [Dr. Lora Shahine] I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team...has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter...Front office staff hasn’t been calling to remind me of my upcoming appointments. Also, I have had a few issues with the billing department. Make sure you take notes and review billing statements. Thankfully I am very organized. Everyone is very friendly. The clinic is clean. And I’m always brought back on time or if not they have communicated with me. I appreciate that.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
Initially starting with a fertility consult can be very scary and intimidating and although she wasn’t my initial Dr on this journey I had to start over with a new protocol with her and I was immediately heard and cared for. She is relatable and incredibly knowledgeable. She is every active in the community, an author and advocate. Overall a great physician!
From the first time I met her I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team.
Dr. Shahine has set up a FET protocol for my which included birth control pills, a saline sonogram, Lupron, Estrogen patches and Progesterone in Oil injections. Lupron was part of my protocol due to the suspicion of endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I did get a sheet with the 2018 FET cost estimate. I don’t have the specifics on hand but with meds it was around $6,000 per transfer.
All of the physicians with in the clinic agree that 1 healthy pregnancy at a time is best. Best for Mom and baby as a pregnancy with multiples run a higher chance of encountering risks. However, they will consider transferring 2 on a case by case basis.
+ Read more- Read less

She [Dr. Shahine] does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.... She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human... We got quotes for both and outside monitor IVF with and with PGS and quotes for outside monitoring donor cycles. Costs ranged from 22,000ish to 40,000 ish with and without medications
European, Other
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.
You will love her. She is so kind, so caring. She is educated, direct and compassionate. She is prepared for your visit and treats you with respect and explains everything fully.
She is so kind but explains everything very well. She gets to the point but has compassion. She knew about us and didn’t have to look through a chart while she talked. She did her homework. She is amazing
She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs. But she wanted to make sure whatever choice we made she would go 100% toward that choice and do everything she could to make our dream come true
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
The whole office was kind, welcoming and caring. The office was brightly lit wh big windows overlooking downtown seattle
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human
I understand the single versus multiple egg transfer. Dr Shahine’s clinic promoted single egg high quality transfer. The thought of multiples scared us so that eased our minds.

3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
We underwent 3 IUI treatments, with a trigger HCG shot [protocol with Dr. Shahine]. They were extremely painful and bloody, apparently I have a "tricky cervix". Then we underwent IVF, using birth control pills, Lupron subcutaneous injections, estrogen patches, progesterone intramuscular injections. I think it was the pretty standard set of drugs with usual doses...is not a fan of multiple embryo transfers for anyone, but especially for people with kidney or heart problems.
The care coordinator, and nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] were all very great. They were compassionate, attentive, and very organized...The costs for the IUI treatments was around $3000 or $4000, the whole process for IVF was about $58,000...Appointment times are easy to get and make and there are several options for before or after work. One weakness of the clinic is that I feel they are so busy that sometimes you feel like a number. I have been going there for over a year and seeing the same ladies in the front desk, and the same nursing staff, but I still feel like they don't even know my name.
3 IUI, IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lora Shahine came highly recommended to me from several friends. I was initially impressed by her, but as my husband and I started coming more often to PNW Fertility, we realized that we only saw her the one time we initially met her. All my IUIs and scans were done by other practitioners. When I voiced concern and wanted to meet with her, we were scheduled for an hour appointment with her to discuss starting IVF. My husband and I took the day off work, and Dr. Shahine was about 50 minutes late and we felt very rushed in our meeting with her. It was very hard to get a hold of her even once we had started IVF, and we basically felt connected to our IVF coordinator but not Dr. Shahine so much. As time has gone on, I feel like Dr. Shahine has been more involved with our care, and we've formed a decent relationship. All in all, it just seems to us as though she is very busy, and we are not important enough.
One piece of advice I'd give a prospective patient is to meet with multiple providers, and then go to the one with whom you feel the best connection. I went with recommendations of friends but I feel like maybe it just wasn't the right fit for us, as we prefer very involved practitioners.
In the beginning, I felt like a number. I felt like several times my calls weren't answered back and I sometimes felt forgotten. As my journey went on, I felt more of a connection with Dr. Shahine, and felt as though I started to matter, and our infertility journey continued to be unproductive.
We underwent 3 IUI treatments, with a trigger HCG shot. They were extremely painful and bloody, apparently I have a "tricky cervix". Then we underwent IVF, using birth control pills, Lupron subcutaneous injections, estrogen patches, progesterone intramuscular injections. I think it was the pretty standard set of drugs with usual doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
The care coordinator, and nursing staff were all very great. They were compassionate, attentive, and very organized.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility Seattle is a beautiful location. The staff is very friendly. The office is clean and well run. Appointment times are easy to get and make and there are several options for before or after work. One weakness of the clinic is that I feel they are so busy that sometimes you feel like a number. I have been going there for over a year and seeing the same ladies in the front desk, and the same nursing staff, but I still feel like they don't even know my name.
I think Dr. Shahine is not a fan of multiple embryo transfers for anyone, but especially for people with kidney or heart problems.
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Shahine always made me feel like she had all the time in the world and was never rushed. She has an incredible bed side manner and so much empathy for women going through such a difficult time.... Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms [Pacific NW Fertility] are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.... My first coordinator Danielle was a dream! Loved her so much but then she got another role. I now have Tara and she is also very sweet as well as organized... The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something. I look past this because Dr Shahine is so wonderful but definitely doesn’t match how the rest of the staff is.
Just be prepared that it’s a journey, and it will not happen overnight but Dr. Shahine will always keep you updated and give every option available and then let you make the decision that’s right for you. She will give you the good and the bad but always remains positive that there is always another option to start a family and to never loose hope!
We used a normal IVF protocol for egg retrieval and have had two rounds of frozen embryo transfer that involved lupron, birth control pills and then estrogen patches and progesterone in oil shots
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.
I believe it was 18,000 for the egg retrieval and then 5,000 for each transfer, plus the cost of medication
She explained both and gave her opinion on what she thought was best for us but then left the final decision up to us.
+ Read more- Read less

Lora Shahine makes us feel like family every time we enter her office! WE love her deeply and her care for us shows in her words and actions.... She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.... We used estrogen patches and Lupron first cycle but it affected my lining negatively so we went with estrogen and estrace and no Lupron and it helped! Once we transferred I was on estrogen, progesterone, estrace and aspirin. This ended in a Chemical pregnancy
Pacific Northwest Fertility is a great clinic the staff, the lab techs, the blood drawers the nurses and main doctors are always there to help! I have no negatives! I would like to explain to a new patient that goes in expecting a baby the first round that it's not always like this and its a hard pill to swallow when it happens to you. But this clinic is there for you to help you get to your baby. Even with the struggles they are always comforting. Even when you just need to cry.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora Shahine is a caring individual. She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.
Know that you aren't just working with a doctor. You will be working with a friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Grey)
Emily has been so amazing! I am the patient that sends over a million emails a day and she answers every single one in a timely manner! She is always smiling at our appointments and laughing along with us. She is a gem and we love her dearly and once again we are grateful God picked her for our team!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were great for us. We live over an hour and a half a way and we had back to back appointments during the winter and they always would either see us earlier or get us in right on time because they understood our travel.
So far for our whole experience we have spent a grand total of 30,000.00 including retrieval and transfer. Meds we have spent around 15,000.00 through our pharmacy.
I trust our doctor and what she says will be best for my body.
2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Doctor shahine always took extra time with me was and explained everything throughly. She was patient with me and let us take our time in making decisions....We did an embryo donation. From the start there were many hoops to jump through - a very through psych evaluation for myself and my family and a very through physical evaluation...The only criticism I would have is that her schedule is very busy and doesn't always coincide with dates for procedures - but for me she was available 90% of the time.
Pacific Northwest fertility clinic is a great spot to go if you want individual attention. This office has a great small community feeling with cutting edge current knowledge. They remember your name - ask about how your doing and actually care....We did an embryo donation....When we started our process for transfer the clinic had unfortunately had two coordinators leave for work related reasons. Alyssa was not assigned to us but in hearing our frustrations she took us on and stayed with us all the way through the process
2013 - 2017
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I absolutely loved doctor shahine! She was patient and through with her information and very current with her knowledge. She was also Very compassionate. The only criticism I would have is that her schedule is very busy and doesn't always coincide with dates for procedures - but for me she was available 90% of the time.
I would go into the whole process with a open mind and a positive attitude - and I felt doctor shahine was good at fostering these.
We did an embryo donation. From the start there were many hoops to jump through - a very through psych evaluation for myself and my family and a very through physical evaluation to confirm that we were st the best possible starting place to Give the most ultimum results. I had to have a Procedure to remove scar tissue which pushed back the transfer procedure but in the long run this was a great preventive step to avoid miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa )
When we started our process for transfer the clinic had unfortunately had two coordinators leave for work related reasons. Alyssa was not assigned to us but in hearing our frustrations she took us on and stayed with us all the way through the process and even contacted us after our baby was born to follow up! She was incredible!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest fertility clinic is a great spot to go if you want individual attention. This office has a great small community feeling with cutting edge current knowledge. They remember your name - ask about how your doing and actually care. If you don't want to feel like a number being passed through a conveyer belt system PNW fertility if for you.
The ebryo transfer with medications was about 5k and then the procedure to remove scar tissue was about 1500$ after insurance.
I liked the fact that they promote single transfer - doctor Shahine's rational for it was that the risk didn't out weight the small chance of benefit. I being an older mom the risk of caring multiples to a full healthy term didn't justify the small percent bump of likely hood of implantation that you might get from transferring two.
+ Read more- Read less

Pacific Northwest Fertility is a fantastic clinic. Everyone on the staff clearly takes the "customer service" part of their job very seriously. The front desk staff, the nurses, the phlebotomists...everyone there is polite and makes you feel comfortable. I've always been seen promptly and the one time I had to wait, I was given snacks, water and magazines. I appreciate their attention to detail and their focus on positive patient experiences.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine is the best doctor I've ever worked with. She is competent, experienced, honest, compassionate and open minded. We came to her clinic because of male factor issues and after a terrible experience at another fertility clinic that left me hospitalized for 8 days with severe OHSS. After throughly reviewing my history, Dr. Shahine developed a treatment plan that would minimize my risk of hyperstimulating again while still recruiting plenty of eggs. Her plan worked, we had a great retrieval and my discomfort was very minimal. She and her team checked in on me frequently after my retrieval to make sure my recovery was going well. We have not yet had success with any of our frozen transfers, but I only attribute this to us just being on the wrong side of luck so far and I'm confident things will work out soon. Through all of the ups and down, Dr. Shahine and the staff of Pacific Northwest Fertility have been attentive, compassionate and encouraging. Dr. Shahine has even called me personally on many occasions to answer my questions and reassure me that we are moving forward in the right direction. She is hopeful, yet honest; frank yet sensitive and I would recommend her to anyone seeking help in their fertility journey.
If things don't work out right away, don't despair, stay the course. The infertility journey is often longer than any of us would hope or imagine but you are in good hands with Dr. Shahine and the staff of Pacific Northwest Fertility.
Definitely like a human. Dr. Shahine is incredibly knowledgeable on all aspects of fertility treatments and I always felt confident in her ability to assess our situation and come up with a proper treatment plan. We've had some bad luck during our infertility journey and Dr. Shahine has been there every step of the way(including calling me personally and letting me talk her ear off for nearly an hour!) to make us feel supported and to provide encouragement to stick with it.

PCOS, Unexplained
When I overstimulated with 41 eggs on retrieval she [Dr. Lora Shahine] recommended a freeze all so my body could adjust first even though I was disappointed. It was the best thing for me. I'm glad she had my back...She explained the process and diagnosis thoroughly. She made recommendations along the way and was honest with expectations. She was compassionate and thorough.
The phone scheduling staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] is always pleasant and quick to answer phone. Nurses and techs were always smiling and in a good mood...About $15k for first cycle with ICSI plus meds and $4k for second frozen cycle...Our IVF coordinator Melinda was a little dry and hard to communicate with but was responsive to calls and emails...After 4 failed IUI's with another clinic I came to Pacific NW Fertility and met with Dr Shahine because I had a recommendation. She redid all my tests and then suggested IVF with ICSI to save time and money and take away all the factors of unexplained infertility that she couldn't diagnose.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She explained the process and diagnosis thoroughly. She made recommendations along the way and was honest with expectations. She was compassionate and thorough. When I overstimulated with 41 eggs on retrieval she recommended a freeze all so my body could adjust first even though I was disappointed. It was the best thing for me. I'm glad she had my back.
Choose a doctor that is a good fit for you. Dr Shahine was amazing and I felt truly blessed to have her on my journey.
She genuinely cared about how I felt through the process and was honest about the expectations. She shared in our joy and excitement during pregnancy.
After 4 failed IUI's with another clinic I came to Pacific NW Fertility and met with Dr Shahine because I had a recommendation. She redid all my tests and then suggested IVF with ICSI to save time and money and take away all the factors of unexplained infertility that she couldn't diagnose. We did a low dose medication cycle that my body responded well too and got 16 amazing quality embryos. 1st transfer of 1 embryo resulted in pregnancy. 4 years later we used another frozen embryo from same cycle and were successful.
Our IVF coordinator Melinda was a little dry and hard to communicate with but was responsive to calls and emails. Probably just a personality conflict.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The phone scheduling staff is always pleasant and quick to answer phone. Nurses and techs were always smiling and in a good mood
About $15k for first cycle with ICSI plus meds and $4k for second frozen cycle
It was our decision and she said it was up to us. My husband wasn't on board for twins so we did one
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Shahine was always completely open and honest with me and my partner. She welcomed us into her care, and was a huge advocate and supporter of our desire to have a family. She gave us the facts, and prepared us for the road we had ahead of us....I always felt like I was receiving personalized care from not only Dr Shahine, but her entire team [Pacific NW Fertility] as well...The initial recommendation was to go straight to IVf, as I have diminished ovarian reserve and low quality eggs.
The office [Pacific NW Fertility] is well organized, the staff is all really nice, and the finance counselor is great - she helped us navigate through all of the insurance claims. It's nice that the facility is in the hospital, and the office itself is really nice!...My nurse, and the entire team, was absolutely amazing. Emily is so compassionate, so smart and so incredibly organized. She took the time to return my phone calls, even into the evening hours.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I would tell other patients to trust her plan
I always felt like I was receiving personalized care from not only Dr Shahine, but her entire team as well
The initial recommendation was to go straight to IVf, as I have diminished ovarian reserve and low quality eggs. We knew iui was unlikely to work, and Dr Shahine warned that we would likely get tired and overly stressed from all the failed treatments. Due to insurance, we opted to start IuI, even if it failed, just to move on to IVF. Dr Shahine was supportive of this decision, regardless. I was on femara, and then did 3 rounds of IUIs. 2 were unsuccessful, 1 resulted in a pregnancy, but I miscarried around 5.5 weeks. From there, we began the preparations for ivf. I was on birth control for a couple of weeks, and once we did a suppression check, I moved on to the follositim and mini hcg injections. I responded much better to treatment than anticipated- and when we got to egg retrieval, we had 11 eggs. 6 fertilized, and 2 made it to day 5 blast. Since my estrogen was high, we did not do a fresh transfer - we froze both. We scheduled the first transfer about a month+ from frozen date. The first transfer went well, and I got a positive beta blood test - but unfortunately, it did not last. We did the second transfer a couple of weeks later, and it has worked! Currently pregnant, in my second trimester.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Rudolph)
My nurse, and the entire team, was absolutely amazing. Emily is so compassionate, so smart and so incredibly organized. She took the time to return my phone calls, even into the evening hours. She answered my emails within hours of sending one. She gave me such clear instructions on every step of the way, I never got overwhelmed. Emily was so supportive along this journey - laughing with us when we needed laughter, crying when we needed extra tears, and being extra brave for us, when I needed encouragement.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The office is well organized, the staff is all really nice, and the finance counselor is great - she helped us navigate through all of the insurance claims. It's nice that the facility is in the hospital, and the office itself is really nice!
We were lucky to have insurance - All in, we ended up spending about $10k
+ Read more- Read less
Strengths [of Dr. Lora Shahine]: Caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Optimistic and positive. Open to alternative therapies to support fertility treatments. Clearly explains procedures and makes you feel at ease. Has used fertility treatments herself, so she understands what you are going through emotionally and physically. Weaknesses: Too positive sometimes.
[Nurse] Danielle was always available to answer my questions, clearly described the process and how to administer injections, and her calendars kept us on track. She was personable, compassionate and friendly. I had excellent interactions with the entire nursing staff....Professional, comfortable, clean, helpful staff. Parking garage. Patient care separated from lab, private rooms to talk about finances with financial counselors.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Strengths: Caring, knowledgeable and compassionate. Optimistic and positive. Open to alternative therapies to support fertility treatments. Clearly explains procedures and makes you feel at ease. Has used fertility treatments herself, so she understands what you are going through emotionally and physically. Weaknesses: Too positive sometimes.
My advice is the same for all fertility patients, regardless of doctor: Be prepared with questions and don't be afraid to ask the "silly" question. Be your own advocate - you know your body, and if you don't feel like a course of treatment is working, say so. Ask for other options or changes you can make to improve your outcomes.
Dr. Shahine took the time to explain all treatments and answer all our questions. We never felt rushed during an appointment. When our first embryo transfer resulted in a negative pregnancy test, Dr. Shahine called me to express her disappointment at the failure and belief that we would ultimately get pregnant. She genuinely cares about her patients and helping you create a family. She's gone through IVF, so she is uniquely able to understand how you are feeling, both physically and emotionally.
IVF, egg retrieval: 9 days of mini-HCG and Follistem; added Ganirellex on day 5 FET #1, programmed cycle: Delestrogen every three days (estrogen patches were recommended, but we were trying to save money). Delestrogen dosage decreased after initial check because levels too high. Progesterone-in-oil (ethyl oleate) five days before transfer. Diazapam for embryo transfer. Negative pregnancy test. FET #2, natural cycle: Tried two natural FET cycles but both were canceled because estrogen levels failed to get high enough and follicles stopped growing. FET #2, programmed cycle: At Dr. Shahine's recommendation, returned to the programmed cycle and used estrogen patches instead of delestrogen injections. Patches resulted in more consistent estrogen levels that rose gradually and within acceptable parameters. Progesterone-in-oil changed to sesame oil base because ethyl oleate base was irritating and causing lumps; sesame oil more comfortable for me. Diazapam for transfer. Negative pregnancy test. FET #3, programmed cycle: Same medicines and protocol for this transfer. Major change was switching to a prenatal with methylfolate instead of folic acid. Positive pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
IVF and one FET: About $16,000 + medications (about $4,000) + genetics screening (about $5,000) FET #2 and #2: About $5,000 + medications (about $2,000)
Since we elected to have all embryos screened through PGS, Dr. Shahine recommended only transferring one embryo at a time. Her rationale was that transferring two screened embryos did not increase the success rate, only the chance of multiples. And she recommended we try to avoid multiples if possible because it's more stressful to both the mother and babies.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Shahine was the best and made going through the IVF process as easy and stress free as possible. She spent time going over each step in detail and explaining why things wet done and any risks and benefits involved. She was able to answer all of our questions effectively and in terms we could understand. She was compassionate and encouraging but also gave us realistic expectations. Infertility sucks and it is a scary process but Dr Shahine makes it as easy as possible and you are in great hands with her.
Pacific NW Fertility was great! The staff was very professional and organized. It is a busy clinic so trying to get an initial appt. can take a couple weeks...Initial visit was around $250 Total cost of all IVF treatments (ultrasounds, bloodwork, egg retrieval, ICSI fertilization, embryo transfer, post-transfer ultrasounds etc) almost $16,000. Medications from MDR pharmacy (our insurance covered some) was about $2500. Infertility sucks and it is a scary process but Dr Shahine makes it as easy as possible and you are in great hands with her.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine and her staff were accessible to answer all my questions and took time to make sure we were comfortable with every step of the IVF process.
Started B/C pills and took them for about three weeks. Had a baseline ultrasound and blood work done. My injectable drugs to start were Follistim and HCG. After a couple ultrasound and blood work monitoring appointments, Ganirelix was added. I used injectable progesterone and estrogen patches. We had 18 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 9 fertilized with ICSI, 3 that made it to 5-day blastocysts. We transferred two embryos and have one frozen. We got pregnant with one baby, had a great pregnancy and he was born healthy 9 months later!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle )
Danielle was amazing! She was our main contact before, during and after our IVF journey. She was easy to get ahold of and would always get back to me promptly. She was a great source of information and encouragement.
+ Read more- Read less

I liked this clinic [Pacific Northwest Fertility]. It is clean and comfortable, with highly professional staff from the receptionists to the phlebotomists to the sonographers to the financial advisors. In all of the many months (more than a year) that I was a patient of PNWF, my only disappointment with the care there was when I had a miscarriage and brought in the products of conception for testing; I'd called ahead but when I arrived the staff at the front desk was apparently unaware of why I was there and I had to wait in the waiting room, distraught, with my bag containing the specimen jar with the products of conception. While that could have been handled with much more compassion, it was definitely inadvertent.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
I had a million questions for Dr. Shahine, and she was wonderfully patient with us. I was learning as much as I could from her but also from internet support groups; I was bringing that information back to her. Unsurprisingly the information I was getting from the support groups was not inaccurate but not necessarily applicable to me or otherwise was not the course that Dr. Shahine recommended for me; each time she was incredibly patient in explaining to us her view on the given approach or procedure while remaining open to our choices. As a result we felt like we were getting a carefully thought out practical approach that reflected the best of what's available in this industry for our particular situation. She also showed us so much compassion throughout the rollercoaster that is infertility and repeat pregnancy loss, both in our lows but also in our highs.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, even if you are worried your questions aren't relevant. She will be patient and thoughtful and not rush you.
Dr. Shahine always allowed us as much time as we needed with her to ask as many questions as we might have about the process, the likely outcomes, and anything else on our minds. And when our first transfer failed, she was the one who called to tell us directly and to answer any questions we had. After our son's birth we sent a birth announcement and she called and emailed to congratulate us.
We sought Dr. Shahine due to her specialization in recurring pregnancy loss. We first completed RPL genetic testing to try to identify a specific cause. The screening did not indicate a specific reason for the losses, supporting the conclusion (and Dr. Shahine's suspicion) that the recurrent losses were due to chromosomal abnormalities. We followed an antagonist protocol (suppressed using birth control pills, followed by stimming with Folistim and mini-HCG, followed by Ganirelix). In the first round of IVF we retrieved 15 eggs; 11 were mature and 10 fertilized. Fertilization was done using ICSI (required because we were doing PGS testing). Of those 10 embryos, 6 made it to 5-day blastocyst, were biopsied for PGS testing and then frozen. Only one of those was found to be chromosomally "normal." A frozen transfer was necessary because of the timing of PGS results from the third party lab. Because I am sensitive to medication and prefer to minimize it, Dr. Shahine offered (and we opted for) a natural FET (birth control pills and progesterone were the only medications). We transferred the one "normal" embryo but had a negative pregnancy test. With no additional "normal" embryos, we decided to do a second IVF cycle. Because we obtained the results were were looking for in terms of retrieval in the first cycle, Dr. Shahine recommended the same protocol for the next cycle. We retrieved 17 eggs; 15 were mature, 8 fertilized, and 6 made it to blastocyst (5 on day 5 and one on day 6). Of those, 2 were chromosomally "normal." We transferred a single "normal" embryo, which led to a successful pregnancy (singleton birth). We had the option to know the sex before transfer but opted to wait until after we had a positive pregnancy test.
Our care coordinator was Danielle Call. I really hit it off with Danielle and felt like I was in completely capable hands with her. She was so kind, caring, and patient. She walked me through every step of stimming and triggering (even in my second cycle) like I was the only patient she needed to see. She called me during my third trimester just to see how I was doing with the pregnancy. I hugged her when we had our final appointment when I "graduated" from PNWF to prenatal care.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I liked this clinic. It is clean and comfortable, with highly professional staff from the receptionists to the phlebotomists to the sonographers to the financial advisors. In all of the many months (more than a year) that I was a patient of PNWF, my only disappointment with the care there was when I had a miscarriage and brought in the products of conception for testing; I'd called ahead but when I arrived the staff at the front desk was apparently unaware of why I was there and I had to wait in the waiting room, distraught, with my bag containing the specimen jar with the products of conception. While that could have been handled with much more compassion, it was definitely inadvertent.
We were lucky to have insurance cover a large portion of our costs (approx. $30K was covered by insurance) and we were out of pocket maybe $10K in total (for meds, two retrievals, PGS testing of 12 blastocysts, and two transfers).

2011 - 2013
11 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple...Tell her where you are physically, mentally and emotionally and be really honest about your concerns / fears. She knows her stuff...
All of the drs [at Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain...They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be...[Nurses are...] Compassionate, thorough, flexible on how they communicated (phone vs. email. Email was easier given my job)...
2011 - 2013
11 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was thoughtful and honest. The most professional, evidence based fertility clinic in the PNW. We had a long process and every step of the way PNWF took care of us. Even when we had some horrible news and had to make tough decisions. They explained the facts, were kind and compassionate and got us in when we needed to be. All of the physicians and ARNPs are wonderful but we are particular fans of Dr. Shahine. She is Stanford trained, wickedly smart and direct, yet she considers the couple and what they need. She also thinks about the whole person and what a toll infertility treatment can take on the person and the couple. We cannot speak highly enough of PNWF.
Dr. Shahine asked asked about my physical, emotional and mental health. She suggested add'l support. She asked how things were going with my marriage. She answered all of my questions (and I had a lot of them). she called me at home on Sat, the day we received a negative pregnancy test after our 4th (and final) IVF when I was crushed. It was not her normal day to work. She emailed me when we had a positive pregnant test. And she dealt with all of the complications we had directly and professionally.
IUI was with letrozole. The last one (Where I got pregnant w/ my twins) was injectables + a trigger. It was a while ago so I don't remember the IVF protocols. One used lupin and it was my worst response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melinda)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
All of the drs are great. They have some of the best embryologists. Some insurances won't cover them. Location / parking is a bit of a pain.
+ Read more- Read less

I definitely felt like Dr Shahine cared about my treatment and about being completely honest and open about my chances and the possible routes I could take at my age. Though she did push me to consider IUI and IVF ASAP, I opted to go the natural route for awhile (acupuncture and supplements) before deciding to finally try IUI. Dr Shahine did lay out realistic expectations for me.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling [at Pacific NW Fertility] with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.... Michelle (and De Shahine's whole team) was fantastic; she's available by email and took the time to explain many things and answer all my questions. She's also very personable and warm.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
No question is a dumb question! Come prepared with all of your questions and she will answer honestly and realistically, but in a caring way.
Dr Shahine is very warm and creates a feeling of openness and honesty, which I appreciated. She also took the time to get to know me and asked many questions. Her nurses are fantastic as well!
I'm on my first IUI and have used Femara on cycle days 3-7 and then had an HCG trigger shot on day 13. It still remains to be seen if it was successful.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.
So far probably around $1000

Other, Unexplained
She [Dr. Shahine] is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care....I had an issue with thin lining and she referred with another doctor to add a medication to help. It appear to be helpful such as adding trental to my protocol for a month. It did help get my lining thicker for a transfer.... She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment...
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.... I was able to make early monitoring appointments. It was helpful to not conflict with my work schedule.
Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment or that she didn't want to treat me any longer due to my recurrent issue. I could have been me feeling that but all other times she was really great.
If something doesn't work the first time, push to find a new protocol. Take notes as over time you may be repeating a protocol and something my be missing that is a big piece of your puzzle.
She is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care.
She is very well organized and is responsive to all questions, especially when I have a million questions!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.
Fortunately most of the costs were covered by insurance except for genetic testing which were $2500 and miscellaneous costs that was not covered by insurance approximately around $1000 overall.
+ Read more- Read less

Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from...Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her.
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility - Sea] has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly....I had two different nurses communicate with me during my time with Lora. Each were prompt in their replies to my emails and were great at answering any questions hat I had....Lora [Shahine] was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora was great at explaining each procedure and all of our options. She was very candid and patient. We never felt rushed with her time and always felt good leaving her office. When our IUI didn't work, Lora explained the possibilities as to why it may not have worked and took her time in explaining what future course of actions we could choose from.
Trust her and listen to all she has to say.
Lora was always so great with both my husband and I. Was in constant contact, never made us feel like we were asking silly questions, and always made us feel like we were a priority to her. Lora still keeps in contact even though I moved to the other side of the state.
I used letrozol to help regulate my period which worked wonderfully. My husband stored his sperm as he travels for work and we did an IUI. Before the IUI I received a trigger shot to help trigger ovulation and did an ultrasound to see where I was at in my cycle. The IUI unfortunately didn't work but we continued with letrozol and ended up getting pregnant naturally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: I unfortunately do not remember )
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic has amazing hours! It is clean and the staff is very friendly.
I am not 100% sure but I want to say around 1000-1500
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Shahine is one of the most trustworthy, kind, caring and intelligent doctors my husband and I have ever known. She truly cares about you and understands the gravity and complexity of undergoing fertility treatment, not to mention the emotional toll it can take...Dr. Shahine is incredibly inclusive, never treats you like a number and truly acts as a partner in your care. She makes it a point to explain every procedure, lab test and result with great care and compassion.
The doctors and nursing staff (medical assistants, front desk staff and phlebotomy included) are all fantastic. It's evident that the staff communicates well with one another (internal patient processes are clear and streamlined) and they are always kind, helpful and knowledgeable in their interactions with patients. I did run into challenges with the PNWF billing specialists (duplicate charges, improper billing to insurance, etc.) - but I was always able to resolve these issues.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
It's okay to be emotionally vulnerable. Dr. Shahine will not judge you and is there to support you through this journey.
Gonal F Pen Progesterone in Oil 100mg/mL
Danielle was my primary care coordinator/RN and she was fantastic in this role. She is extremely knowledgeable, kind, approachable and organized. No question was a "dumb" question and she treated each hurdle in my IVF journey, sensitively and with compassion.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Shahine clearly knows her stuff, and she’s wonderful to speak with about treatment options and everything that goes along with it. That said, as a patient, you primarily speak only with her nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough. Other than that, though, this doctor is optimistic, compassionate, intelligent, and definitely knows what she’s doing. Would definitely recommend overall.
The facility [Pacific NW Fertility] is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!... as a patient, you primarily speak only with her [Dr. Shahine's] nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be prepared to ask ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS when you see her because it’s unlikely that you’ll get another chance!
We tried one (failed) medicated IUI, although it turned out that even the trigger shot didn’t work. About to start our first IVF cycle!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The facility is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!
All costs are out of pocket for us, so we’re about the hand over about $23k to the clinic plus $3k for meds.
She will inform you of statistics and her recommendation, but will ultimately let you make your own decision.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr. Laura Shahine] did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.... Do not hesitate to slow her down if she has skipped ahead in the process. She’s just using her experience to do so but your experience in getting there is just as important. It was a major thing for is to think about donor eggs, and 10 months after she first mentioned, we finally ready.
[Pacific NW Fertility Staff] Always answer calls promptly, never lost in hold-land like the larger clinics. Nurses are very knowledgeable and detailed oriented but there are many transitions. I’ve had 3 in 10 months due to staff changes. Front desk staff friendly.... 1) When I call, someone always answers the phone. I’m not in a long queue. This is a huge time saver. 2) my nurse is very detail orientated and empathetic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.
She recommended use of donor eggs after 3 failed attempts with my own eggs.
Absolutely tracking all the details, found errors in my ERA report and had it corrected before I even saw it.
$30,000 for donor egg 6 egg batch and at least one PGS normal embryo
Don’t know yet
+ Read more- Read less

Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her [Dr. Shahine] appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband. ... Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle. ... Danielle specifically was very easy to talk to and so good at explaining the different steps and our options. I probably talked to her more than the doctor so she was a huge part of our journey.
European, East Asian, Latino
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was amazing. Friendly and approachable so I felt comfortable to ask any questions, and left her appointments knowing what would come next and what actions to take. She is positive (but not in an annoying way) which was reassuring in this stressful time, and she was very supportive of me and my husband.
You are in good hands, so trust the process and hope for the best.
She was really caring and patient. Always gave me her full attention. She was realistic but also optimistic, which I think is a hard balance to strike. She’s thoughtful in everything that she says, and you can tell she really is invested in her patients.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is modern, clean and professional-looking. They did have an error with my insurance billing and overcharged me but reimbursed me later. They have their billing staff on location to discuss any confusion and break down the cost per stage of the cycle.
I think I paid about $5k out of pocket of the $15-$20k total cost. My insurance covered most of the cost luckily but they did not cover genetic testing.
I remember her saying they didn’t recommend more than one embryo transfer especially for someone my age (33 at the time I think) because of the complications with multiple eggs such as premature labor.

2010
During my second IUI attempt she [Dr Lora Shahine] flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
My doctor [at Pacific NW Fertility] went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests...I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics....I was assigned another doctor, but was transferred to Dr. Shahine when he was out. I felt like she was very rushed and could care less about my care.
2010
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was not the doctor assigned to me. During my second IUI attempt she flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
Be careful and get a second opinion. From what I have heard she treats her own patients a lot better.
femara + IUI.
The nurses seemed to thaw the sperm vials way too long before the actual procedure. They also wanted to do an IUI exactly 24 hours after trigger even though not every patient ovulates then.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It looks nice from the outside.
I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation...Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment...one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factor
So far my experience has been great [at Pacific NW Fertility]. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment...Tara [nurse] was compassionate, patient...Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands. She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation.
Dr.Shahine is very warm and attentive. Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment.
Metformin 1500 with birth control initially to manage hormones due to high ovarian reserve Then stimulation: HCG 20 units, follistim 220 iux 11 days Trigger: Lupton + hcg
Tara was compassionate, patient and educative
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
So far my experience has been great. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment.
20k cycle 3 meds-stimulation PGD- pending about 5k
Due to BT, one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factors

2012 - 2016
Dr. Shahine is the most warm personable Dr. She understands how important and how hard these procedures are. She listens to you and give her honest opinion. I trust her judgements. She helped us getting our miracle baby. She will be 2 next week. I cant show enough gratitute to Dr. Shahine and her clinic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She always answers any questions and concerns you have. She will explain risks and options. I love her! She is the best Dr. And I cant say enough good things about her!
Never hesistate to ask questions. She always appreciate your research and understanding.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The staffs are great and easy to communicate with.

2012 - 2013
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
Absolutely amazing. She [Dr Shahine at Pacific Northwest Fertility] is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct....>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)
2012 - 2013
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Absolutely amazing. She is a true professional and clearly knows the science. She is open about what they do and don't know. She's supportive and a great listener. She also knows when to assert things and be direct.
Ask her what you should do and then listen.
Professional Asked about my physical, mental and emotional health Called me at home, checked in via email Always seemed to remember what was going on in my life Encouraged me to do things to take my mind off the cycle
>$50,000 (4 IVF cycles and 3 IUIs)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr Shahine is extremely professional and empathetic. I truly felt she was supportive throughout the process...She was a very caring, compassionate Doctor. The only downside was that the IVF procedure failed, much to her surprise, with only 4 eggs retrieved.
Approx $21,000 for IVf cycle Approx $800 per IUI cycle...She [Dr Shahine] was a very caring, compassionate Doctor. The only downside was that the IVF procedure failed, much to her surprise, with only 4 eggs retrieved...[Pacific NW Fertility] Extremely quick, flexible appointment times.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask about all options and understand all potential areas for failure.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Extremely quick, flexible appointment times.
Approx $21,000 for IVf cycle Approx $800 per IUI cycle
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
[Dr. Lora Shahine is a] Strong communicator, compassionate and understanding while also not beating around the bush. Only disappointing thing was BMI cutoffs for egg retrieval, BMI is not a reliable indicator for health so not happy that the clinic uses a BMI cut off for any health decisions... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage.
It’s Hard to get in [at Pacific NW Fertility- Seattle]. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage... Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s Hard to get in. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.
So far my insurance has covered my appts but they will not cover treatment. I expect IUIs will be about 2K per month
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Shahine did my egg retrieval and brought not only humor, but also a sense of calmness that really helped put me at ease before the procedure. Every appointment I’ve had with her she has been so warm and genuinely interested in me as a person, not only as a patient.... PNWF advocates strongly for single embryo transfers to bring one healthy baby home. That being said, they did offer the choice to transfer 2.
This is my second time with this clinic [PNWF- Seattle] (trying for baby #2 after a successful IVF round and FET for #1). I did notice the clinic feels overall much busier, but everyone I encountered from front desk, lab, back desk, nurses and doctors have been nothing but friendly and professional.... PNWF advocates strongly for single embryo transfers to bring one healthy baby home. That being said, they did offer the choice to transfer 2.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Go prepared with a list of your questions. Appointments can move rather quickly, but she always asks if I have questions.
Dr. Shahine is extremely personable and down to earth. She’s very easy to talk to and truly wants the best for her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Clare)
Clare has been fantastic to work with and responsive to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This is my second time with this clinic (trying for baby #2 after a successful IVF round and FET for #1). I did notice the clinic feels overall much busier, but everyone I encountered from front desk, lab, back desk, nurses and doctors have been nothing but friendly and professional.

2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Everyone [at Pacific NW Fertility] is very friendly! Be direct when asking questions. We had great communication with everyone and felt more than just a number! Sometimes there is a wait for consults, but the clinic is super accommodating...[the nurses were] Very easy to talk to and were happy to answer questions as well!...She [Dr. Lora Shahine] is happy to give you all the information you need...She was very caring and understanding...Answered questions over the phone or email, anytime we had them! Listened to our concerns, specifically over recurrent pregnancy loss and came up with a good plan and made sure we understood every step. She helped calm our nerves and made sure we were as comfortable as we could possibly be...
2017 - 2019
European, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask questions. She is happy to give you all the information you need.
She was very caring and understanding.
Very easy to talk to and were happy to answer questions as well!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everyone is very friendly! Be direct when asking questions. We had great communication with everyone and felt more than just a number! Sometimes there is a wait for consults, but the clinic is super accommodating.