6.6

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

2020, Unsuccessful
They [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were polite and kind, but mistakes were made...They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was kind, but she didn't care from deep, maybe it's just for us. she told us she didn't know the reason, why blood test were all good, we just failed our 2 cycle. First cycle, 14 eggs retrieval,6 matured, with ICSI with 6 fertilized. 1 normal. she said maybe it was a little bit late for the last trigger. Ok, next cycle, 17 eggs retrieval, 9 matured, with ICSI, 4 were fertilized! 50% failed, and none of them were normal. why ?? she didn't know! just told us unfortunately. excuse me, are you kidding me???
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Maybe she and her team will take care of you if you were native or not asian people.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was kind and warm, she spoke very gently and smiled a lot, she made me not so nervous during every time. But actually my family and I, we didn't think that she cared about us, during the 2 cycle, I didn't get any phone calls from her, and she didn't give us the exact reason that why with normal results (as her assistance words, "perfect results")EVERYTIME blood test, we just 1 normal blast of the 5 day, I had 31 eggs retrieval. She didn't care, and the same with her team. I didn't know it's because our response, we really gave a lots of patience to them, they didn't give us any reasonable explanation. just saying, we're sorry, we don't know bla bla bla...it's regretful and disappointed.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
2 cycles. 1: 14eggs, 6 matured, 2 for the 5 day, 1 normal. ----transfer, chemical pregnancy, her assistant said that bleeding was normal, and didn't response my email. 2: 17 eggs, 9 matured, 1 for the 5 day. None. We didn't see any report for the updates of embryos or blasts, just their phone call, we didn't know what was going on for the 3 days, or 5 days. Nothing, Nothing was reported.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer)
They were polite and kind, but mistakes were made, and also, they didn't care about us at all. They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Go for another doctor who cares about you and your treatment, and who would do the egg retrieval by herself to you. The clinic was good, I was done a polyp operation there, the nurse took good care of me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
50k+ for 2 cycles of IVF and a polyp remove operation
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
single transfer
Seattle

Dr. Shahine clearly knows her stuff, and she’s wonderful to speak with about treatment options and everything that goes along with it. That said, as a patient, you primarily speak only with her nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough. Other than that, though, this doctor is optimistic, compassionate, intelligent, and definitely knows what she’s doing. Would definitely recommend overall.
The facility [Pacific NW Fertility] is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!... as a patient, you primarily speak only with her [Dr. Shahine's] nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be prepared to ask ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS when you see her because it’s unlikely that you’ll get another chance!
We tried one (failed) medicated IUI, although it turned out that even the trigger shot didn’t work. About to start our first IVF cycle!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The facility is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!
All costs are out of pocket for us, so we’re about the hand over about $23k to the clinic plus $3k for meds.
She will inform you of statistics and her recommendation, but will ultimately let you make your own decision.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Just that my trigger shot failed for our IUI and that possibility was not discussed prior, monitored during, or discussed after the failed cycle.

2010, Unsuccessful
During my second IUI attempt she [Dr Lora Shahine] flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
My doctor [at Pacific NW Fertility] went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests...I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics....I was assigned another doctor, but was transferred to Dr. Shahine when he was out. I felt like she was very rushed and could care less about my care.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was not the doctor assigned to me. During my second IUI attempt she flat out said she didn't know what to do with me and asked if I had considered egg donors. She had not done any testing on me to find out if this was something I should consider. Needless to say it scared me very much. I left the clinic, had testing done at another clinic, learned I had a thyroid imbalance which was easily corrected and got pregnant immediately after.
Be careful and get a second opinion. From what I have heard she treats her own patients a lot better.
femara + IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nurses seemed to thaw the sperm vials way too long before the actual procedure. They also wanted to do an IUI exactly 24 hours after trigger even though not every patient ovulates then.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It looks nice from the outside.
I do not remember the cost. I do know it was cheaper than other clinics.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
My doctor went out on medical leave. Nobody called to let me know this. I left messages and emails and didn't finally get a response until two weeks later. Testing was never ordered, not even basic blood tests.

2020, Unknown Success
Investment Banker
Dr. Shahine is a very caring physician. She was always fully present, very engaged, and very kind. I appreciate the time she spent getting to know about our case and making her commentary fit for how we liked to hear it...I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point...
[nurse of Pacific NW Fertility] So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time...Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses...Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Just be prepared to not always see Dr. Shahine. The clinic practices as a team, so you may need to have an appointment on a day when your dr isn’t in clinic.
Through the care team approach you receive at PNW Fertility, you are given so much personalized attention and support, largely courtesy of the team of nurses. The doctors also are there to answer any question at your appt and ensure you understand.
I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point. Bcp for about two weeks, followed by Menopur and Follistim, then a Ganirelix trigger shot. Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs. Some things the treatment cannot fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Ketner, Amanda)
The nursing team is the very best part of PNW Fertility. They are AMAZING. So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time. They’re the best.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses. I really cannot say there’s a negative.
All in, for PGT-A and drugs, approximately $35k