6.6

206.515.0000
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

She [Dr. Shahine] was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her...Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me....
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive...Each appointment, procedure and test has a cost. For IUI, each ultrasound was $190 (usually 3 per cycle so $570) + blood work. Medication like letrezole was covered by insurance but HCG shots were $150 each month. Each IUI was $282 so each month it was ~ $1,050. Now as we prepare for IVF, there is blood work required, medications and we dont have the individual cost but were told its starts at $25k and to estimate more for things like genetic testing.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was very kind and helpful, from initial meeting she was looking out for our best interests and fully explained the process we were about to embark on. Her team always got back to me promptly and created safe plan of actions with her. I would recommend Dr Shahine to friends/ family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Ask questions! Have a list of questions for your first appointment and don’t be afraid to follow up.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We met with her once in person and once over video conference (due to corona virus) and she is very friendly, thoughtful & helpful. Nurses on site perform the actual IUI and her staff consults her after blood word and relays into to me.
Describe the protocols Lora Shahine used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
I initially did bloodwork and the HSG grate and then started with medicated cycles and IUI. I took letrezole in the beginning plus the HCG trigger shot before ovulation. after a few months and one anovulation cycle later we doubled the dose. The last month I did IUI, I was on letrezole beginning of my cycle, took the HCG trigger shot and also started progesterone after ovulation. I got a positive pregnancy test and then with blood work a few times after, my levels were declining. We did multiple blood draws over the next month to track this pregnancy to 0 HCG. This was the last IUI before IVF. Now with the clinics closed due to coronavirus, we wait 😌
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle )
Her nursing team is very caring and friendly.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Overall I have been very impressed. They are organized, on time, helpful, communicative & supportive. There are so many people that come through their doors and they clearly have an organized method to the madness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility.
Describe Lora Shahine's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s very situational but from what i have learned a he believes in single embryo transfer for healthy women under 35. It’s situational but i have a few other friends who have seen her and she also recommended single embryo transfer. Doesn’t want to risk multiple embryos if you only have a few good ones.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine has always made us feel cared for and that she is personally invested in our care...She has provided additional resources to work alongside our treatments...[she] used several different protocols throughout our cycles. We have used injections, pills, suppositories and patches. With each cycle, dosages have been adjusted or type of delivery has been changed to increase effectiveness
[nurse of Pacific NW Fertility] They are great at returning calls and gathering information needed...They answer the phones well and send back the information as needed. At times it is hard to get appointments that work around a typical work schedule...The total cost was approximately $33,000 for one full IVF cycle, including egg retrieval, one embryo transfer, medications, blood work, monitoring appointments.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine has always made us feel cared for and that she is personally invested in our care. When we were not successful after our first transfer, she mourned our loss with us. She has provided additional resources to work alongside our treatments. She has met with us in person multiple times to make sure that we were comfortable with the plan moving forward and that our mental health was well taken care of as well. She has made sure that we feel heard and that our opinions are validated.
Be honest and ask all the questions you have. She is happy to answer questions and values your thoughts and opinions.
Dr. Shahine and her team are always open to answer questions and give additional explanations. Throughout our cycles, Dr. Shahine has personally met with us and we have had multiple appointments with her to ensure clarity. We felt that she has celebrated our successes with us and mourned our losses together.
Dr. Shahine used several different protocols throughout our cycles. We have used injections, pills, suppositories and patches. With each cycle, dosages have been adjusted or type of delivery has been changed to increase effectiveness. For example, the estrogen patches did not produce the levels that we wanted so for the next cycles, we were switched to injections. They were much more effective and yielded better results than the patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ketner, Michelle)
They are great at communication. When they tell you they will call with results in the afternoon, they always do. They are great at returning calls and gathering information needed. They show the same great compassion as Dr. Shahine does. They are open to listening to concerns and explaining information a second time.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic staff is very friendly and the clinic is welcoming. They answer the phones well and send back the information as needed. At times it is hard to get appointments that work around a typical work schedule. Everyone is very helpful and the atmosphere is very positive.
We only wanted to transfer one single embryo at one time, which Dr. Shahine agreed with was the best approach.

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Shahine is warm and open, but also very honest and direct...After each failed cycle, she’s suggested different medications for the next round based off of our previous results...collaborates with the entire team of doctors to discuss patient cases, so you really have a team of 5 doctors working for you...called me herself several times to check in after procedures...has suggested using donor eggs, but she’s been completely supportive of our decision to keep trying with my eggs for now.
[Pacific NW Fertility] treats you like an individual...there are 5 doctors on staff, and they have regular meetings to collaborate about patient cases. So while your doctor is always in charge of your treatment, you’re really getting the knowledge of the entire team. I’ve seen several of the doctors for ultrasounds and feel like they’ve always been familiar with my situation and treatment plan...Dr. Shahine’s 3 nurses have been communicative and compassionate. They typically respond to my emails or voice mails within 1 day
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine is warm and open, but also very honest and direct. She took time to get to know my husband and I, and what our goals are for our family. I feel that she’s done everything she can to help us bring home a baby, and we have always felt like she was on our side. After each failed cycle, she’s suggested different medications for the next round based off of our previous results. She cites current research to back up her decisions, and collaborates with the entire team of doctors to discuss patient cases, so you really have a team of 5 doctors working for you. She’s made sure that we’re aware of the different fertility methods available, and what our odds are of conceiving with each approach. She gave us a very honest opinion, and has suggested using donor eggs, but she’s been completely supportive of our decision to keep trying with my eggs for now.
If you’re thinking of scheduling with her, call and get on her calendar since she’s often booked a few months out. Once you’re an established patient it’s easier to get an appointment.
Dr. Shahine and her team have been very easy to communicate with throughout our IUI and IVF cycles. I email the nurses directly whenever I have questions, and typically receive a response within one day. Dr. Shahine has also called me herself several times to check in after procedures. Additionally, my husband was diagnosed with cancer during one of our cycles. The entire team was very compassionate with us, reaching out just to let us know they were thinking of us. They gave us time to process our new situation while also making sure we had necessary information regarding the implications to our fertility. I’ve broken down in tears several times in their office and they’ve always been patient and compassionate with us.
1/2018 IVF 1: BCP for two weeks, then Follistim 450 IU, Mini HCG 20 units, Ganirelix around day 7. Retrieved 9 eggs/7 mature/5 fertilized, sent 2 for PGS testing and both had multiple abnormalities 10/2018, 4 IUI cycles: used Letrozole to produce more eggs, pregnant on 4th cycle, embryo had not progressed at 6 week ultrasound and miscarried. 1/2020 IVF 2: No BCP, luteal phase start, same meds as cycle 1. 6 mature eggs, 3 fertilized, all arrested 3/2020 IVF 3: No BCP, luteal phase start, planned to add progesterone after ovulation but ovulated late. Added Clomid to first 5 days of stims, and seemed to have more follicles but only half of the follicles produced eggs. IVF 4 planned 5/2020: planning luteal phase start, adding growth hormone to increase quality/quantity of eggs. progesterone, Clomid 150 mg, Omnitrope 2.9 mg, Follistim 450 IU, Mini HCG 20 units
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Team of 3 nurses - Michelle, Ketner and Amanda)
Dr. Shahine’s 3 nurses have been communicative and compassionate. They typically respond to my emails or voice mails within 1 day. They’re always willing to help and find answers for me, and make sure I have all of the necessary information regarding meds and required appointments. They’ve also been compassionate and understanding of all of the emotional ups and downs throughout this process.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF treats you like an individual. I believe there are 5 doctors on staff, and they have regular meetings to collaborate about patient cases. So while your doctor is always in charge of your treatment, you’re really getting the knowledge of the entire team. I’ve seen several of the doctors for ultrasounds and feel like they’ve always been familiar with my situation and treatment plan. I’ve always felt welcome in the office, from the front desk staff, the nurses, the lab and billing team.
IUI around $600/cycle IVF retrieval: about $14000 (includes monitoring, ultrasounds, blood draws, retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, and embryology, 6 mos embryo storage) FET: $4600 PGS testing: $1625 for 1-5 embryos plus $1950 for biopsy
Dr Shahine prefers to transfer 1 embryo, but is open to discussing other options for specific cases

2020, Unsuccessful
They [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were polite and kind, but mistakes were made...They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She was kind, but she didn't care from deep, maybe it's just for us. she told us she didn't know the reason, why blood test were all good, we just failed our 2 cycle. First cycle, 14 eggs retrieval,6 matured, with ICSI with 6 fertilized. 1 normal. she said maybe it was a little bit late for the last trigger. Ok, next cycle, 17 eggs retrieval, 9 matured, with ICSI, 4 were fertilized! 50% failed, and none of them were normal. why ?? she didn't know! just told us unfortunately. excuse me, are you kidding me???
Maybe she and her team will take care of you if you were native or not asian people.
Dr. Shahine was kind and warm, she spoke very gently and smiled a lot, she made me not so nervous during every time. But actually my family and I, we didn't think that she cared about us, during the 2 cycle, I didn't get any phone calls from her, and she didn't give us the exact reason that why with normal results (as her assistance words, "perfect results")EVERYTIME blood test, we just 1 normal blast of the 5 day, I had 31 eggs retrieval. She didn't care, and the same with her team. I didn't know it's because our response, we really gave a lots of patience to them, they didn't give us any reasonable explanation. just saying, we're sorry, we don't know bla bla bla...it's regretful and disappointed.
2 cycles. 1: 14eggs, 6 matured, 2 for the 5 day, 1 normal. ----transfer, chemical pregnancy, her assistant said that bleeding was normal, and didn't response my email. 2: 17 eggs, 9 matured, 1 for the 5 day. None. We didn't see any report for the updates of embryos or blasts, just their phone call, we didn't know what was going on for the 3 days, or 5 days. Nothing, Nothing was reported.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jenifer)
They were polite and kind, but mistakes were made, and also, they didn't care about us at all. They didn't response my email in time, even when I was bleeding after transfer and I was doubting about chemical pregnancy, they told me that bleeding was normal, and told me to contact them when I saw tissue came out. I wrote to them about seeing the tissue, and they didn't answer my email anymore. Maybe I interrupted them. Finally I had a chemical pregnancy, they called me to tell me to schedule a new cycle!!!!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Go for another doctor who cares about you and your treatment, and who would do the egg retrieval by herself to you. The clinic was good, I was done a polyp operation there, the nurse took good care of me.
50k+ for 2 cycles of IVF and a polyp remove operation
single transfer

2019 - 2020, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing....The first time we met she said how sorry she was that we were there because of how difficult infertility is. She also acknowledged my pain and didn't dismissed it as my previous RE had...after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery...She is very thorough with her explanations and is interested in making sure I understood everything and answered all my questions. She acknowledged my pain due to endometriosis and didn't try to push IVF to "cure endometriosis" like other doctors have.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier...Clinics in Seattle and Bellevue are in big buildings and eventhough they are not in hospital buildings it makes me insecure to go during the pandemic, even if the stay at home order gets lifted, due to the high traffic of people that there might be.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Make appointments as early as possible, she gets booked pretty fast.
I haven't started a cycle due to the pandemic. The original plan was to have surgery to excise endometriosis with another doctor and then do IVF but after an MRI and how much of endometriosis is shown Dr. Shahine suggested doing IVF first in case my ovaries are damaged in surgery and do a frozen transfer after I'm healed from the surgery.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
They are very polite and helpful. Sometimes I feel like I have to ask questions twice because I was misunderstood but I think that might be a language barrier.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I've only had a few appointments without testing but this clinic is a bit more expensive than the previous one I was at.
She recommends transfering a single embryo since we are doing PGS testing.

2020, Unknown Success
Investment Banker
Dr. Shahine is a very caring physician. She was always fully present, very engaged, and very kind. I appreciate the time she spent getting to know about our case and making her commentary fit for how we liked to hear it...I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point...
[nurse of Pacific NW Fertility] So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time...Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses...Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Just be prepared to not always see Dr. Shahine. The clinic practices as a team, so you may need to have an appointment on a day when your dr isn’t in clinic.
Through the care team approach you receive at PNW Fertility, you are given so much personalized attention and support, largely courtesy of the team of nurses. The doctors also are there to answer any question at your appt and ensure you understand.
I do not feel my protocol was incredibly particular to me; it felt it was more a typical routine at this point. Bcp for about two weeks, followed by Menopur and Follistim, then a Ganirelix trigger shot. Results were 16 eggs, 13 mature eggs, 10 fertilized eggs, 6 blastocysts, only 1.5 normal eggs. Some things the treatment cannot fix.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle, Ketner, Amanda)
The nursing team is the very best part of PNW Fertility. They are AMAZING. So patient, so kind, so ready to answer any question at any time. They’re the best.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Strengths are it’s all inclusive nature: there’s a financial counselor to answer your questions, an on-site lab and surgery suite, and the amazing team of nurses. I really cannot say there’s a negative.
All in, for PGT-A and drugs, approximately $35k
Seattle

Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. ...Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage. ...
Their office [Pacific NW Fertility] can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in. ... Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. ... There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine was always prepared for our meetings. What sets her apart from other physicians, is that she engaged both my husband and I in the conversation. This helped her to gauge our individual personalities, emotions, and learning styles in order to know how to best present information to us which often meant in 2 various styles - 1 that worked better for my husband, and one that worked better for me. Dr Shahine quickly read that I needed to process information in an evidence based method. She presented me with the most incredible resource (a book she authored on miscarriage and repeat pregnancy loss) and was able to factually support her decision making process. I have had repeat pregnancy loses and was seen by more provider than I can count. Other providers would dance around my questions regarding miscarriage whereas Dr Shahine was genuinely empathetic but provided me with evidence based research for what things may be linked to miscarriage. This helped my brain process information and felt like I had some control. The control to me was knowledge. I am the person that needs to know the "but why", and she always delivered the answers.
Write down all your questions in advance of your meeting with her. She will notice your list of questions and allow you time to ask every question you have.
Dr Shahine always is very warm in her welcome. She genuinely listens to your concerns and shares in your heartbreak without rushing you or showing signs of being uncomfortable. She allows you to process and talk through your emotions which I believe helped her guide her decision making process with us. When asking to share her reasons in her decision making process she presents pros and cons and always cites examples we have given in relation to our "feelings".
Dr Lora Shahine took over my care after other physicians left the practice thus I was already on a regimented protocol that she agreed with so we did not need to make any adjustments. At that time I was taking Femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, with ultrasound monitoring appointments to ensure the mature eggs where on the side in which my Fallopian tube was not blocked to ensure best change at success, when the follicle measured the correct size I would have a trigger injection with IUI within 36 hours. Due to DOR, age, family goals, and history of repeat pregnancy loses she gave us timeline of ~6 months to try this intervention if we had the energy for it and then suggested we move onto IVF. IVF would allow us best chance of success and also allow us to test for chromosomal abnormalities to dec risk of repeat miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
Primary nurse, Michelle was organized with timelines and calendars of appointments, lab work, etc. They recently moved to a model to have a "care team" which they believe allows for improved communication time. I have not been as impressed with others on the care team as they do not seem to be as informed on my particular case and give insufficient answers to my questions (they do not address all questions asked) and often contradict what the primary nurse and MD's plan was which makes it frustrating. I feel most confident when Michelle answers my questions. I also have never met the other care providers so I believe without a face to face meeting they may treat me more as a number vs human
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are open 7 days a week. The first appointment may take a while to get however once you are an established patient it is very easy to make appointments when needed. There office staff is always very professional. All appointments have been on time. The office is always very clean. Their office can be difficult to find your first time or two to the clinic as signage is poor in the towers so it is tricky if you can't remember what floor to go to and what tower you should be in.
My insurance does cover some expenses however many things, especially medications are cash pay only despite insurance saying they cover fertility benefits.
We have not yet fully discussed this with MD thus can not provide information on this at this time.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine took the time to talk with me one on one. When she did, she praised me for taking charge of my health and also made sure I knew that my miscarriages were not my fault.... Dr. Shahine recommenced a 3D ultrasound to evaluate the shape of my uterus and check for a septum. When the results came back inconclusive she recommended a hysteroscopy to get a direct look and to diagnose/treat any abnormalities that may be causing my recurrent pregnancy loss.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.... The nursing staff is very kind. I was very nervous at my first appointment and they took time to comfort me and show me compassion....The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine was so kind throughout the process. My initial meeting with her was great, she quickly coordinated the care that I needed to receive. When she sensed my hesitancy when we were discussing surgery, she assured me she wouldn’t do anything that she didn’t need to to, and that’s she wasn’t a surgical cowboy. This meant a lot to me because I’ve had anxiety regarding recovery time. When my surgery had to be cancelled last minute (day of surgery), she personally called me to discuss why and apologize, and offered to write a letter for work and got me rescheduled ASAP.
I would simply tell them to pick Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always running on time, they are very friendly, and they have the capability to draw labs, and do ultrasounds and other procedures on site. The rooms are private and not super clinical which is nice.
All of my care was covered under my insurance as pre-conception screening or screening for abnormalities. I did not have any “infertility” related billing. The clinic was upfront with costs associated with things if you didn’t have insurance coverage and provided cost sheets when requested for hysteroscopy, IVF, IUI, etc.
Not applicable

2015 - 2019, Successful
Dr Shahine recommended a single embryo transfer, which we agreed with. We also appreciated her recommendation to do PGS testing on our day 5 embryos to essentially up our odds of success with the single embryo transfer approach...treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions...Monitoring was scheduled when convenient with my schedule during the week. The appts on the weekend are scheduled in time order, which makes it less convenient, but not beyond reason...Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
From our initial meeting through our IVF treatments, Dr. Shahine was kind, informative, and compassionate, all traits that my husband and I valued while going through an emotional time in our fertility journey. I felt very listened to, and any concerns or topics I asked about were addressed and discussed with respect and honesty. I liked that we saw her every visit and that she always made time to ask how I was feeling. She coordinated the care that I needed to receive very smoothly.
Ask any question that you may have around any and all parts of your treatment. No question is too big, or too small, and Doctor Shahine was very receptive, open, and honest to any questions we brought forward.
Doctor Shahine consistently checked up with me during my iVF cycle, always making sure to ask how I was feeling. I truly felt listened to and felt like the staff cared for my well being during such an emotional time. I felt like Dr Shahine treated me with respect, and I thought very highly of her background, research, and passion about with what she does, as well as her involvement with organizations and individuals outside of the clinic that support infertility.
My initial protocol involved testing to properly diagnose the reasoning for infertility, including a Hysterosalpingography, Saline sonogram, bloodwork to check such levels as FsH, estradiol, TSH, Anti mullerian hormone level, and progesterone. When my husband and I decided to do IVF, Dr. Shahine set up a FET protocol for my IVF cycle, due to the potential of ovarian overstimulation. This included birth control pills, Ganirelix, Gonal F, minced dose HCG, and Progesterone in Oil injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle Call)
During our IVF cycle our primary nurse was very responsive, compassionate, and helpful. I felt very supported, and never hesitated to reach out to ask questions. We are now back at the clinic, and though we now have a team of nurses assigned vs a primary nurse, I still feel the same. The nursing staff I have met thus far is very supportive, & quick to respond to emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is very well run overall. Staff are respectful, kind, attentive, and prompt in returning emails and phone calls. I truly feel like the staff I communicate with knows my name, and I feel very comfortable reaching out with any questions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Pacific NW Fertility.
Costs were given upfront and conveyed very clearly. There were no hidden costs.
Seattle

After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated...I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to...She [Dr. Shahine] recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine had read through my chart thoroughly before our consult. She was aware of my entire case, and my chart is a thick one. She went over extra details she had questions about and we discussed those. She then made her recommendations based on research and sited those studies. She stressed that we had done nothing to cause our many miscarriages, failed transfers and were doing everything we could. However, she did make two changes and suggestions for our doctor here in town. I can say that I am now pregnant after our third transfer, and I truly feel that it's Dr. Shahine's suggestions made all the difference. I would highly recommend her to anyone. Especially those who have had recurrent miscarriage. We need more providers with the care and compassion that she has!
She is incredibly thoughtful, knows all the current studies, is humble and is just all around an incredible doctor. Highly recommend.
After my third miscarriage I searched online for books on recurrent miscarriage. I came across Dr. Shahine's book, "Not Broken". I learned so much from it. Fast forward another year at a clinic across the country where I live, I had gone through a very successful egg retrieval but had two failed transfers. I was defeated. I had been following Dr. Shahine on instagram for over a year. I booked a second opinion consult with her. I am so very thankful I did! She first started our conversation with "I just want to say that I am so sorry you are going through this.". Those simple words meant so much to me and my husband and made us immediately feel like she cared. She showed so much empathy with us. It really stood out to us.
She recommended trying metformin starting before our next transfer. I am lean PCOS and have never had issues with my blood glucose so I hadn't ever tried it. She cited the study by Dr. Zev Williams suggesting benefits in PCOS with metformin. I have felt incredible since taking it. She also recommended lovenox as an immunmodulator. I did this as well a low dose of 40 mg. So far my pregnancy has been on the right track. So thankful for these suggestions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer)
I had Jennifer call me to get all of my information before my consult with Dr. Shahine. She was so kind, thorough and paid attention to detail. All of her notes she took were correct for when we had our appointment with Dr. Shahine.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Everytime I called or emailed any of the staff they were prompt to answer. I was impressed with that. Brittany helped me make sure I got all of my information to them and that I had filled out everything that I needed to.
It was a second opinion consult so it was not much. I am thankful for that!
She strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo. We took her advice and continued with only one.

2019, Consult
I have only met with Dr. Shahine for an initial IVF consult. In the time I spent with her I found her to be very kind and compassionate. She was equally concerned about my emotional well being as getting to the end result of having a healthy pregnancy/baby. She was very informative and provided many resources. I felt that she wasn't just trying to get me to do IVF, she wanted to explore other options first and make sure my health was in good shape before moving forward. I appreciate her honesty and care in discussing such sensitive topics.
The clinic's [Pacific NW Fertility] strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Have an open mind and be ready that IVF isn't the first coarse of action to take.
Dr. Shahine was very compassionate towards my experiences. She spoke to me with kindness and without judgement, acknowledging how much my husband and I have been through. She provided resources to treat my emotional needs as well as my physical needs. Dr. Shahine never left me feeling hopeless.
She currently has me working with a nutritionist who specializes in fertility and PCOS. Additionally she is having me lose weight and continue trying naturally at home until my weight is at a safer space for IVF treatment.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
The nursing staff has always been so kind, warm and welcoming. I have always felt incredibly comfortable at every visit.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic's strengths are their warm and kind service. I have always felt so comfortable at what could be a very uncomfortable visit. This clinic is also very efficient and my team has been incredibly responsive with information and any concerns I may have. They have several beautiful locations and are flexible in appointment times and days of availability.
Just the initial consult was covered by insurance
Seattle

I definitely felt like Dr Shahine cared about my treatment and about being completely honest and open about my chances and the possible routes I could take at my age. Though she did push me to consider IUI and IVF ASAP, I opted to go the natural route for awhile (acupuncture and supplements) before deciding to finally try IUI. Dr Shahine did lay out realistic expectations for me.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling [at Pacific NW Fertility] with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.... Michelle (and De Shahine's whole team) was fantastic; she's available by email and took the time to explain many things and answer all my questions. She's also very personable and warm.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
No question is a dumb question! Come prepared with all of your questions and she will answer honestly and realistically, but in a caring way.
Dr Shahine is very warm and creates a feeling of openness and honesty, which I appreciated. She also took the time to get to know me and asked many questions. Her nurses are fantastic as well!
I'm on my first IUI and have used Femara on cycle days 3-7 and then had an HCG trigger shot on day 13. It still remains to be seen if it was successful.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
There's a bit of a cattle-call feeling with all the women in the clinic coming and going, but I understand that goes with the industry. Everyone is nice and courteous and I was never made to feel less than human, however. Fertility struggles can feel invasive and embarrassing but the clinic does everything right in making you feel at ease.
So far probably around $1000
Seattle

Dr. Shahine clearly knows her stuff, and she’s wonderful to speak with about treatment options and everything that goes along with it. That said, as a patient, you primarily speak only with her nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough. Other than that, though, this doctor is optimistic, compassionate, intelligent, and definitely knows what she’s doing. Would definitely recommend overall.
The facility [Pacific NW Fertility] is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!... as a patient, you primarily speak only with her [Dr. Shahine's] nurses. She is not accessible to patients and, when dealing with infertility, that can be tough
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Be prepared to ask ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS when you see her because it’s unlikely that you’ll get another chance!
We tried one (failed) medicated IUI, although it turned out that even the trigger shot didn’t work. About to start our first IVF cycle!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The facility is nice, the doctors are smart and competent, the nurses are mostly responsive. It is the only fertility clinic I’ve ever been to, but I trust that they will do their best and provide me with the best possible outcome!
All costs are out of pocket for us, so we’re about the hand over about $23k to the clinic plus $3k for meds.
She will inform you of statistics and her recommendation, but will ultimately let you make your own decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Just that my trigger shot failed for our IUI and that possibility was not discussed prior, monitored during, or discussed after the failed cycle.

2019, Consult
She [Dr. Shahine] is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have...She took the time to get to know us--why we moved to Seattle, what we do for work, etc. She was approachable, friendly, and authentic. Also, when we saw her at the Footsteps for Fertility 5K the next day, she ran over and gave us big hugs. It's clear she truly cares about her patients... During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks...She [nurse] was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
We're just starting to work with Dr. Shahine. During our consultation appointment, we felt as though she met us where we were, explained our options thoroughly, and gave us hope that IVF could work for us. She exceeded all expectations, and we're looking forward to starting this process with her.
Come with questions. She is happy to talk through any questions or concerns you may have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Reed)
She was very real with me about my previous AMH score and diagnosis. She let me know that they needed to test to see whether IVF would be the right path for me, because some with DOR won't get good results. Given my new AMH (it went up by quite a bit), the other blood tests, and my ultrasound, I received positive encouragement. But I believe the nurse and doctor would have directed me to another path if they thought I wasn't a good candidate for IVF.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They are organized, friendly, and professional. I will say that I haven't had a ton of appointments yet, so I don't have much to critique. My only interactions that haven't been totally positive have been with some front desk staff that seemed a little confused, but I mostly think it's because I've interfaced with some new folks.
We are just getting started. I will say that I was impressed that some of the tests were covered by insurance. I thought all fertility work was not covered, but they were able to keep our costs down for testing. However, I know we're about to spend a huge chunk of change on our first round of IVF. Dr. Shahine gave us options to apply for grants, but other than that, we're going to be stuck with a very significant bill.
Seattle
[Dr. Lora Shahine is a] Strong communicator, compassionate and understanding while also not beating around the bush. Only disappointing thing was BMI cutoffs for egg retrieval, BMI is not a reliable indicator for health so not happy that the clinic uses a BMI cut off for any health decisions... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage.
It’s Hard to get in [at Pacific NW Fertility- Seattle]. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.... Had many personal interactions with Dr Shahine and her staff, especially during my second miscarriage... Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Book early. It will probably take a couple months to get in
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It’s Hard to get in. The Docs are busy and scheduled out. I had to wait several months after my initial appt to have a follow-up. The have an In-house lab, which makes lab work easy and you get very fast results.
So far my insurance has covered my appts but they will not cover treatment. I expect IUIs will be about 2K per month
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.... She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs.
They [Pacific NW Fertility] were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human... We got quotes for both and outside monitor IVF with and with PGS and quotes for outside monitoring donor cycles. Costs ranged from 22,000ish to 40,000 ish with and without medications
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She does her homework about you prior so you don’t have to explain your story over and over. She is competent in her job, kind, compassionate, and direct. She really was amazing. She is willing to do what you want to do, or get you to the right people that you need. She works with outside facilities if you live outside the Seattle area.
You will love her. She is so kind, so caring. She is educated, direct and compassionate. She is prepared for your visit and treats you with respect and explains everything fully.
She is so kind but explains everything very well. She gets to the point but has compassion. She knew about us and didn’t have to look through a chart while she talked. She did her homework. She is amazing
She gave us the option of trying to do IVF with our own eggs but our chances of having a quality egg would be very low. If our end game was a healthy child she suggested we use donor eggs. But she wanted to make sure whatever choice we made she would go 100% toward that choice and do everything she could to make our dream come true
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Can’t remember her name)
The whole office was kind, welcoming and caring. The office was brightly lit wh big windows overlooking downtown seattle
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
They were prompt returning emails and phone calls. They were all so kind especially for crazy people like me with all my questions. They truly are great people. They have a candy dish at the front desk. Chocolate really does calm nerves when you are so nervous to be in a place like that. Everyone has smiles on there faces. They make you feel human
I understand the single versus multiple egg transfer. Dr Shahine’s clinic promoted single egg high quality transfer. The thought of multiples scared us so that eased our minds.
Seattle

From the first time I met her [Dr. Lora Shahine] I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team...has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
[The nurses at Pacific NW Fertility were] Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter...Front office staff hasn’t been calling to remind me of my upcoming appointments. Also, I have had a few issues with the billing department. Make sure you take notes and review billing statements. Thankfully I am very organized. Everyone is very friendly. The clinic is clean. And I’m always brought back on time or if not they have communicated with me. I appreciate that.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine has a sweet demeanor, has great bedside manor and is very to the point. She is great at listening and answering every question I present. I began seeing her after my previous RE retired within the practice. The transition was seemless and I am so pleased with the attention to detail and protocol she has put in place for me.
Initially starting with a fertility consult can be very scary and intimidating and although she wasn’t my initial Dr on this journey I had to start over with a new protocol with her and I was immediately heard and cared for. She is relatable and incredibly knowledgeable. She is every active in the community, an author and advocate. Overall a great physician!
From the first time I met her I felt so comfortable. You can tell she genuinely cares for her patients, getting to the cause of your fertility problems and coming up with an individual care plan to help achieve your end goal. I feel welcomed and listened to each time I’m with her and her clinical team.
Dr. Shahine has set up a FET protocol for my which included birth control pills, a saline sonogram, Lupron, Estrogen patches and Progesterone in Oil injections. Lupron was part of my protocol due to the suspicion of endometriosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
Very attentive and thorough in answering my questions and in a timely matter
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I did get a sheet with the 2018 FET cost estimate. I don’t have the specifics on hand but with meds it was around $6,000 per transfer.
All of the physicians with in the clinic agree that 1 healthy pregnancy at a time is best. Best for Mom and baby as a pregnancy with multiples run a higher chance of encountering risks. However, they will consider transferring 2 on a case by case basis.
Seattle

Doctor Shahine is very sympathetic to fertility struggles. Especially miscarriages. It doesn’t feel like you are a statistic or a dollar sign- she really does want to help you emotionally as well as physically to get results you want.... In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication.
The clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Doctor Shahine is really good at giving you all the options and staying neutral to allow you to make the best decision for you. However if you ask her “what would you do if you were in my situation?” She will give you an honest answer and list the reasons why. Which I appreciate. Doctor Shahine is really good at explaining treatment procedures and keeping you informed of what needs to happen.
You can never ask too many questions. Do some research on each treatment beforehand and come in with some questions written down.
In my case I have a “balanced translocation” a condition with my chromosomes that can be passed down to my eggs that lead to miscarriages. Since a large number of my eggs would not result in a viable pregnancy, Doctor Shahine told me we would be more aggressive with the egg retrieval medication. That way we’d have better odds of getting a “good egg.” The results were effective as we ended up with one embryo to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
I don’t know how she manages to do this for every patient, but Tara is SO organized and quick to respond to any questions you have. She is sincere while being professional. She is fantastic at explaining procedures and giving you instructions on how to administer medication.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic is always clean and has a relaxing atmosphere. I’ve been seen in a timely manor and everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very kind and helpful. Getting to the office can be confusing the first time. The office is good about giving you instructions beforehand how to get there. You will have to pay for parking ($8) each appointment, that is a downside, however for good treatment it is worth it.
A large portion of our treatment was covered by insurance. Treatment costs included egg retrieval, kearotype testing, fertility medication, PGD and PGS testing.
Seattle

Dr. Shahine considered all my previous testing and medical files from my previous RE and fully reviewed everything before we came in for our consult. I felt that she really took her time to familiarize herself with our case and that means a lot. She had so much compassion and approached our current situation with kindness.... She suggested we change the dosage on some meds due to those complications. This clinic also times the IUIs differently than my last clinic to be anytime on the day after trigger shot instead of a set 36hrs after trigger like my previous clinic's IUIs.
PNWF is a much larger clinic than my previous clinic. There are many doctors on staff here and most of your appointments are handled by the nurses. As a new patient, you'll most likely not meet with your doctor right away. You meet with a nurse first and do any testing required first. (i.e.: RPL bloodwork) Then you will see Dr. Shahine to review those results at a later time. So it may take you several weeks to get in for the first appointment with the nurse and then several more weeks after that to actually meet with your Dr.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Shahine is a very active person in the field of fertility medicine. She is very active on her social media Instagram to help raise awareness for infertility including available grants and support groups. She is also a specialist for recurrent pregnancy loss and an author. The reason why I seeked her out for a second opinion on my recurrent pregnancy loss was to gain some new insights on why I've miscarried two babies already in the last two and a half years. So far, I'm not sure I've learned anything new, that I haven't heard from my previous RE. To be honest, I did not expect her to have the magic pill that would fix RPL, but maybe we'll learn more as our treatment at this new clinic moves forward.
Dr. Shahine is good about making sure you have your questions answered. She is also reassuring and encouraging. I say this about any Dr or situation, to be your own advocate and bring those hard questions to them.
After reviewing and discussing our last IUI treatments with our first RE, she noticed the dosage of the fertility meds and some complications I had. She suggested we change the dosage on some meds due to those complications. This clinic also times the IUIs differently than my last clinic to be anytime on the day after trigger shot instead of a set 36hrs after trigger like my previous clinic's IUIs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Michelle Peterson)
Communication at this clinic is mainly with your nurse coordinator or the front office relaying your phone calls and scheduling your next appointments. No portal message system but you can email your coordinator directly. So far they do call back within reasonable time. It does seem as though, when your taking to a nurse who is not your set coordinator, there is some mix ups and misunderstandings.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Medications for a hybrid oral/injection cycle ran about $440 and the IUI and sperm prep were covered at 80% by our insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
Communicating with a nurse who is not your own nurse coordinator may inform you with conflicting information regarding your treatment. Which is what happened when I asked about getting a specific prescription filled by a certain time, and was told I wouldn't be taking it on a day that I actually was scheduled to start taking it.
Seattle
Lora Shahine makes us feel like family every time we enter her office! WE love her deeply and her care for us shows in her words and actions.... She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.... We used estrogen patches and Lupron first cycle but it affected my lining negatively so we went with estrogen and estrace and no Lupron and it helped! Once we transferred I was on estrogen, progesterone, estrace and aspirin. This ended in a Chemical pregnancy
Pacific Northwest Fertility is a great clinic the staff, the lab techs, the blood drawers the nurses and main doctors are always there to help! I have no negatives! I would like to explain to a new patient that goes in expecting a baby the first round that it's not always like this and its a hard pill to swallow when it happens to you. But this clinic is there for you to help you get to your baby. Even with the struggles they are always comforting. Even when you just need to cry.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Lora Shahine is a caring individual. She always has a smile on her face and cares for her patients deeply. She has been a light in our darkest hours and I am grateful for her. Even in the hard times she shows hope for us.
Know that you aren't just working with a doctor. You will be working with a friend.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Grey)
Emily has been so amazing! I am the patient that sends over a million emails a day and she answers every single one in a timely manner! She is always smiling at our appointments and laughing along with us. She is a gem and we love her dearly and once again we are grateful God picked her for our team!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Monitoring appointments were great for us. We live over an hour and a half a way and we had back to back appointments during the winter and they always would either see us earlier or get us in right on time because they understood our travel.
So far for our whole experience we have spent a grand total of 30,000.00 including retrieval and transfer. Meds we have spent around 15,000.00 through our pharmacy.
I trust our doctor and what she says will be best for my body.
Seattle
Dr Shahine always made me feel like she had all the time in the world and was never rushed. She has an incredible bed side manner and so much empathy for women going through such a difficult time.... Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms [Pacific NW Fertility] are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.... My first coordinator Danielle was a dream! Loved her so much but then she got another role. I now have Tara and she is also very sweet as well as organized... The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Shahine has always been absolutely amazing and cares about me as a person, is always asking how I am doing and how I am feeling. The only thing I haven’t liked in recent visits is the nurse that calls me in, she always seems in a bad mood, always pronounces my name wrong and just seems like she doesn’t like her job, even my husband noticed and said something. I look past this because Dr Shahine is so wonderful but definitely doesn’t match how the rest of the staff is.
Just be prepared that it’s a journey, and it will not happen overnight but Dr. Shahine will always keep you updated and give every option available and then let you make the decision that’s right for you. She will give you the good and the bad but always remains positive that there is always another option to start a family and to never loose hope!
We used a normal IVF protocol for egg retrieval and have had two rounds of frozen embryo transfer that involved lupron, birth control pills and then estrogen patches and progesterone in oil shots
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Very helpful and friendly front desk and they remember who I am. Rooms are very nice, and I love the gals who draw my blood every time they are very friendly and distract you while they are taking blood. The office is the whole 10th floor and parking is easy.
I believe it was 18,000 for the egg retrieval and then 5,000 for each transfer, plus the cost of medication
She explained both and gave her opinion on what she thought was best for us but then left the final decision up to us.
Seattle
We underwent 3 IUI treatments, with a trigger HCG shot [protocol with Dr. Shahine]. They were extremely painful and bloody, apparently I have a "tricky cervix". Then we underwent IVF, using birth control pills, Lupron subcutaneous injections, estrogen patches, progesterone intramuscular injections. I think it was the pretty standard set of drugs with usual doses...is not a fan of multiple embryo transfers for anyone, but especially for people with kidney or heart problems.
The care coordinator, and nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] were all very great. They were compassionate, attentive, and very organized...The costs for the IUI treatments was around $3000 or $4000, the whole process for IVF was about $58,000...Appointment times are easy to get and make and there are several options for before or after work. One weakness of the clinic is that I feel they are so busy that sometimes you feel like a number. I have been going there for over a year and seeing the same ladies in the front desk, and the same nursing staff, but I still feel like they don't even know my name.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Lora Shahine came highly recommended to me from several friends. I was initially impressed by her, but as my husband and I started coming more often to PNW Fertility, we realized that we only saw her the one time we initially met her. All my IUIs and scans were done by other practitioners. When I voiced concern and wanted to meet with her, we were scheduled for an hour appointment with her to discuss starting IVF. My husband and I took the day off work, and Dr. Shahine was about 50 minutes late and we felt very rushed in our meeting with her. It was very hard to get a hold of her even once we had started IVF, and we basically felt connected to our IVF coordinator but not Dr. Shahine so much. As time has gone on, I feel like Dr. Shahine has been more involved with our care, and we've formed a decent relationship. All in all, it just seems to us as though she is very busy, and we are not important enough.
One piece of advice I'd give a prospective patient is to meet with multiple providers, and then go to the one with whom you feel the best connection. I went with recommendations of friends but I feel like maybe it just wasn't the right fit for us, as we prefer very involved practitioners.
In the beginning, I felt like a number. I felt like several times my calls weren't answered back and I sometimes felt forgotten. As my journey went on, I felt more of a connection with Dr. Shahine, and felt as though I started to matter, and our infertility journey continued to be unproductive.
We underwent 3 IUI treatments, with a trigger HCG shot. They were extremely painful and bloody, apparently I have a "tricky cervix". Then we underwent IVF, using birth control pills, Lupron subcutaneous injections, estrogen patches, progesterone intramuscular injections. I think it was the pretty standard set of drugs with usual doses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
The care coordinator, and nursing staff were all very great. They were compassionate, attentive, and very organized.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility Seattle is a beautiful location. The staff is very friendly. The office is clean and well run. Appointment times are easy to get and make and there are several options for before or after work. One weakness of the clinic is that I feel they are so busy that sometimes you feel like a number. I have been going there for over a year and seeing the same ladies in the front desk, and the same nursing staff, but I still feel like they don't even know my name.
I think Dr. Shahine is not a fan of multiple embryo transfers for anyone, but especially for people with kidney or heart problems.
Seattle

She [Dr. Shahine] is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care....I had an issue with thin lining and she referred with another doctor to add a medication to help. It appear to be helpful such as adding trental to my protocol for a month. It did help get my lining thicker for a transfer.... She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment...
This clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.... I was able to make early monitoring appointments. It was helpful to not conflict with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is great, although a couple of times I felt rushed out of the appointment or that she didn't want to treat me any longer due to my recurrent issue. I could have been me feeling that but all other times she was really great.
If something doesn't work the first time, push to find a new protocol. Take notes as over time you may be repeating a protocol and something my be missing that is a big piece of your puzzle.
She is very compassionate and is humble. She will refer to other doctors to ensure you are receiving the best care.
She is very well organized and is responsive to all questions, especially when I have a million questions!
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
This clinic is timely and flexible on their schedules. You can see other doctors and I like how they meet daily to consult on all patients to discuss as a group on your care. It helps keep things consistent and if they are out of the office, someone can pick up where they left off. They operate very seamlessly.
Fortunately most of the costs were covered by insurance except for genetic testing which were $2500 and miscellaneous costs that was not covered by insurance approximately around $1000 overall.
Seattle
She [Dr. Laura Shahine] did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.... Do not hesitate to slow her down if she has skipped ahead in the process. She’s just using her experience to do so but your experience in getting there is just as important. It was a major thing for is to think about donor eggs, and 10 months after she first mentioned, we finally ready.
[Pacific NW Fertility Staff] Always answer calls promptly, never lost in hold-land like the larger clinics. Nurses are very knowledgeable and detailed oriented but there are many transitions. I’ve had 3 in 10 months due to staff changes. Front desk staff friendly.... 1) When I call, someone always answers the phone. I’m not in a long queue. This is a huge time saver. 2) my nurse is very detail orientated and empathetic.
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
She did not have much to say about my eggs, wanted to move on to donor eggs. I did ask her to slow down and take me through her thought process which she did. She is always very encouraging in subsequent appointments.
She recommended use of donor eggs after 3 failed attempts with my own eggs.
Absolutely tracking all the details, found errors in my ERA report and had it corrected before I even saw it.
$30,000 for donor egg 6 egg batch and at least one PGS normal embryo
Don’t know yet
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
I was suppose to have an endometriosis test with my ERA biopsy but that info didn’t get transferred when my nurse changed. I have to go back a second time if I want the test. Not a big deal, just inconvenient.
Seattle

Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation...Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment...one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factor
So far my experience has been great [at Pacific NW Fertility]. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment...Tara [nurse] was compassionate, patient...Dr.Shahine has been very attentive during the whole process. Very informative and warm. She explains everything in detail. She informs you every visit of what to expect in the coming days. Advises to rest, slow down, wear yoga pants etc...She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation
How was your experience with Lora Shahine at Pacific NW Fertility?
You are in good hands. She gives you personalized care and focuses on preventing ovarian hyperstimulation.
Dr.Shahine is very warm and attentive. Enthusiastic and sympathetic during every appointment.
Metformin 1500 with birth control initially to manage hormones due to high ovarian reserve Then stimulation: HCG 20 units, follistim 220 iux 11 days Trigger: Lupton + hcg
Tara was compassionate, patient and educative
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
So far my experience has been great. The staff is attentive and the lobby doesn't feel like a factory. Lab and procedure room are in different areas. It helps for people that in different stages if the treatment.
20k cycle 3 meds-stimulation PGD- pending about 5k
Due to BT, one embryo transfer is recommended Also it is based on age and risk factors