5.9

206.515.0000
1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104
206.515.0000

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records (we had done 2 unsuccessful cycles at another clinic) and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend, and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring through this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she genuinely rooting for us...continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility]. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieve 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the Fertility IQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendation. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I also Clomid for five days, immediately began to stimulate with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle, to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable egg. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand the options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
2mg estrogen lead in. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Brenna )
Brenna is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We did our ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and the procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
Not sure because insurance hasn't billed us yet.
Seattle

We saw Dr. Marshall for a second opinion IVF appointment which I expected would be fairly perfunctory. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dr. Marshall had gone through our large stack of medical records and had detailed notes on exactly what she would recommend and provided thoughtful answers to all our questions. She has been incredibly supportive and caring throughout this process (which is still underway) and you can tell she is genuinely rooting for us...I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan."
Brenna [at Pacific NW Fertility] is a fantastic IVF coordinator. She quickly responds to my emails and phone calls and provides detailed information...IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000...I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Before meeting with Dr. Marshall, we had two very disappointing IVF cycles at a previous clinic. I'm 36 years-old with diminished ovarian reserves and in the previous two cycles I had retrieved 4 eggs (1 fertilized) and 2 eggs (0 fertilized). I felt like a total failure after the 2nd IVF cycle so I decided to reach out for a second opinion and selected Dr. Marshall based on some of the FertilityIQ reviews about diminished ovarian reserve. We met with Dr. Marshall and it was night and day from our previous clinic. In our one-hour consultation she arrived with detailed notes on our medical history and jumped right in with new protocol recommendations. I mentioned to her that my previous clinic never technically categorized me as diminished ovarian reserve. Her response, "Really? Of course, you have diminished ovarian reserves and there are very successful treatment protocols that we've developed. We just need to adjust your treatment plan." This interaction made me feel so good just to know that there was a path forward. Dr. Marshall answered all our questions thoughtfully and backed up her suggestions with clinical research findings. My husband and I knew after that first meeting that we had to switch to Dr. Marshall and we were grateful that she would consider taking our case given the challenge and likelihood that it might lower the clinic's success statistics. Fast forward to our first IVF cycle with Dr. Marshall, she had me on an estrogen lead in protocol to suppress the lead follicles. I took Clomid for five days, immediately began stimulation with 450IU Gonal F and mini-HCG after my day 3 suppression check. We went from retrieving 3 eggs in my last cycle to getting 10 eggs! Of the 10 eggs, 4 fertilized and 2 grew to a blastocyst which is the farthest we had gotten. Unfortunately, both blastocysts were abnormal but upon reflection I'm so grateful to have used PGT-A to avoid wasting time and money on blastocyst that would not result in a viable pregnancy. Overall, we're still a challenging case and I can't say we have a happy ending yet. However, Dr. Marshall has and continues to do everything she can to support patients like me who are really challenging. She hasn't forced donors eggs on us and she's supportive of going forward with additional IVF cycles.
If you have questions always ask Dr. Marshall, she really wants to make sure patients have all the information they need to understand their options.
Lead in with 2mg estrogen 2x daily. Day 3 stimulation with Clomid 100mg, Gonal F 450IU, mini-HCG 20 units. Stimulated for 12 days (which is 5 days longer than my previous cycle). Added in Cetrotide at some point, but I forget when.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific NW Fertility overall has been a great clinic. We completed ultrasounds/monitoring in Bellevue because it was more convenient and had all surgical procedures in Seattle. The quality of the staff is equal at both locations and we met with different doctors and nurses during the monitoring phase and everyone was wonderful. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval process at PNWF because each patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of other retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience. I especially appreciate the egg retrieval set up because each PNWF patient gets a private room so you can relax before the procedure. At our previous clinic, all patients waited in an emergency-room style set up with sheets separating the bays. You would hear the outcomes of previous retrievals while you waited for your own which was a weird experience.
IVF including meds, ICSI and PGS $22,000
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic...we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle...suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the s
Brenna and Emily [nurses at Pacific NW Fertility] were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled...The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?)...They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
We absolutely love Dr. Marshall. We came to her from SRM to get a second opinion because it felt like we were trying the same protocol over and over again with no results. When we walked out of that meeting, my husband looked at me and said 'I don't care if the results are different, she makes me feel calm and actually cared for." We switched immediately after. Dr. Marshall suggested a completely different protocol and the results were dramatically different compared to our previous 2 cycles (round 1: 4 embryos - all abnormal, round 2: 2 embryos - all abnormal, moved to Dr. Marshall, round 3: 11 embryos, 2 normal). (I have a genetic condition that results in a small % of normal embryos) Beyond the outcome, the experience felt different - from her proactive communication, to her kind and thorough bedside manner, to the fact that even though she didn't do the retrieval surgery, she popped in right after to check on us - it felt like she was on our side and we were on the same team throughout the entire process. We are doing a 4th round to get a few more embryos and I feel completely confident in Dr. Marshall. Finding her has been a game changer in reducing the anxiety and stress of this entire experience, while also giving us a better outcome.
Ask her for a second opinion if you are thinking of moving to her from another clinic. She had more thoroughly reviewed our file and had a more in depth conversation with us about our situation than our medical team at our previous clinic.
Coming to PNW from SRM and working with Dr. Marshall was a complete game changer when it came to results (2 unsuccessful rounds at SRM, 1 successful round at PNW) as well as when it came to quality and type of care. For this first time in months, we felt like we had hope - we were asked questions about what we wanted, we were told what was going on at each stage and we were treated like we mattered. At SRM, we never saw our Doctor during the cycle - all appointments were with different technicians. At PNW we have seen Dr. Marshall throughout the entire cycle and the nurses have been responsive, pro-active and caring.
The stimulation portion of our IVF treatment plan included 450 IU of Gonal-F, 20 IU mini HCG, and 250 mcg Ganirelix. For the trigger, we used a dual trigger (Lupron and HCG). We have yet to do an embryo transfer since we'd like to bank a few more first.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Brenna)
Brenna and Emily were absolutely incredible. They were caring, proactive, detail oriented and incredibly skilled. A few examples: when we ordered our medications they knew which pharmacies had which medications available and which had the lowest prices; they had us come in a day early for monitoring given the high dose of medications we were on; they answered the 3000 questions we had when we transferred from our old clinic; they genuinely seems invested in the outcomes and shared out joy with the results; they were diligent in checking on us post-retrieval; every time we debriefed with them after monitoring they were thorough and kind; all of our emails were answered within a day - we have never waited (whether in person or via email) - they are incredibly responsive.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
PNW has been fantastic. They are incredibly organized and proactive - whether it is the fact that every time I go for monitoring they are able to take my blood early, to the fact that the finance team remembers my name and my situation - they are fantastic.
We're fortunate to have insurance cover a large portion of the bill. Our coverage is capped, so we still have reason to keep costs down. The medical staff has been helpful in tailoring our plan to use leftover medications from previous cycles. The finance department is quick to answer with any questions (e.g. how much will this count towards our insurance cap?). They have proactively gotten pre-authorizations from our insurance company without us asking or being involved. At SRM, we had to call daily to ask them to submit the pre-auth and then follow up daily to make sure progress was being made, so this was a very welcome change.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
We indicated our preference to transfer one embryo at a time and Dr. Marshall agreed.

2020, Unknown Success
she [Dr. Lorna Marshall] is a great physician and advocate. I appreciate all of her compassion and direction. She is compassionate and gracious. Every time, we start with where we are in life. Checking in on how we are doing. While is sounds simple, she has a knack for disarming your nerves to feel comfortable with the most difficult decision of your life...Dr. Marshall is an master of making you feel like you are the only client.
Coming from a clinic that was small and intimate. This [Pacific NW Fertility] clinic made it feel that way even though it much larger.The team assignment allows you to have close contact with the doctor and primary nurse. I appreciate that all of the services, for the most part, are in house...he cost were very straighforward. She is not the most economical nor the most expensive. We appreciate the breakdown of finances.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
I spoke of this before. However, she is a great physician and advocate. I appreciate all of her compassion and direction. She is compassionate and gracious. Every time, we start with where we are in life. Checking in on how we are doing. While is sounds simple, she has a knack for disarming your nerves to feel comfortable with the most difficult decision of your life.
As our second doctor, I was so scared to try to build a relationship again. The doctor and staff become part of your family. You share your hopes and dreams with them. She instantly make you feel like you had a team that you could count on.
This journey is the hardest one of my life and I dare say of my husband's life as well. A war veteran and a lawyer show up beaten and bruised to the office of Dr. Marshall. We loved our last clinic but we felt defeated and scarred by our lost. Our recent embryo transferred failed. The second attempt. It was too much to carry. Dr. Marshall walked in with a warm spirit. She allowed us to vent and made us feel comfortable. I knew it was the right decision to try again and try with someone new. She helped us feel comfortable with that decision. It is hard to balance reality with hope in this industry. Dr. Marshall is an master of making you feel like you are the only client.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Coming from a clinic that was small and intimate. This clinic made it feel that way even though it much larger.The team assignment allows you to have close contact with the doctor and primary nurse. I appreciate that all of the services, for the most part, are in house.
The cost were very straighforward. She is not the most economical nor the most expensive. We appreciate the breakdown of finances.
Seattle

Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field...She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened...She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic....
The nursing staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable...It was always easy to get an appointment. the waiting room is never full meaning you dont wait long. They are very safe with COVID. All of the staff is helpful. The parking lot is very full usually so get there early....
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr Marshall is extremely experienced in her field. She is very well spoken and communicated all of the possible Options in a way that was easy to understand. I trusted her expertise and treatment plan. She was honest and direct about expectations. I saw her almost every time I was in the clinic. This doctor, this woman changed my entire life.
Do whatever she tells you to do.
Dr. Marshall and her staff communicated clearly and often. She reviewed my past miscarriages and previous failed IVF and tailored a treatment and cycle to me. She asked personal questions about me and listened.
The nursing staff Emily and Brenna are the best nurses I have ever worked with in any doctors office. They were extremely responsive. They were kind and compassionate. They were skilled and knowledgeable.
Insurance paid

2016 - 2020, Successful
I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she [Dr. Lorna Marshall] helped me to see there are other paths...We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections...After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
All staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling...They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started...It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall was always open and compassionate. My husband and I really wanted a biological child. He had infertility, but through IVF there was a slight chance of success. Dr. Marshall was very honest about our odds. We did IVF, and it did not end in our favor. Dr. Marshall was very compassionate in helping us deal with our loss, and gave us other options we could look at when we were ready. There was no pressure and we felt very supported. We chose another route and now have a 2 year old we love dearly. As a patient I was taken care of and felt valued and heard.
Listen to all advice she has to offer. I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she helped me to see there are other paths. Thanks to Dr. Marshall we now have a family we always wanted.
Dr. Marshall always made time to speak with us and help us through this difficult time. She also made sure all our visits were thorough because we were traveling from 3 hours away, she tried to save us unnecessary return trips.
We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections. I do not recall more than that. After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Sharman)
All staff was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility is in a great location. It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
I honestly don't remember the details. They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There was only one instance where a fax was lodged under paperwork. We live out of town and had blood work done locally. When the fax went through it got stuck to another paper. It was an honest mistake and our results were only delayed from a late afternoon to the next morning. We totally understood, but I wanted to be honest in this response. All tests and blood work done in the clinic had no issues. It was our circumstance of living 3 hours away.
Seattle

Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us...I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. [she] explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me...[she] suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked...She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
[nurses of Pacific NW Fertility] Very professional and timely in their response...they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails...[clinic] They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment...[cost]With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
My experience was great, I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. Dr. Marshall explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me. She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
List all your questions and your partner's question prior to your appointment.
Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us. Her team is very professional but human!
Dr. Marshall suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked! Turned out my body was not absorbing all the PIO shots and I need more help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emma and Brenna)
Very professional and timely in their response. Emily and Brenna are the best, when I send an email in the morning, I get a response in 2-3hours. I know they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My husband who works for a hospital was impressed and he said PNWF is like a well-oiled-machine. They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment, they temperature-scanned everyone that gets in.
With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing. Insurance helped me pay but it did not pay for everything.
PNWF will only transfer One embryo for a healthier pregnancy.
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Marshall was always very calm and clear about next steps. This was helpful because there is a lot going on and a lot to remember. She always made herself avail and I felt like we had her full attention and care, even though I imagine she seems many patients...I did three rounds of retrievals and from what I understand it was the standard cycle for all three. I don't remember adjusting anything to get different results. There was a time at the end when the progesterone shots were really painful, so Yvette recommended lidocaine patches and they helped numb my butt.
Yvette [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient...I haven't' been to other clinics so i don't know how else it's different, but I thought the clinic was set up and easy to work with. They also always called back promptly, which was nice. Billing was easy to work with as well and always avail with an open door for questions.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Meet with her first. If you like her, go with her. i would absolutely recommend it. If not, then move onto someone else. The treatment and relationship is something you need to have full confidence in from day 1.
Dr. Marshall and her team of nurses, including Yvette, made sure to check in during appts even when it was routine and not necessary for them to touch base. However, they made sure they popped in to say hello and offer encouragement along the way. It's the little things that really count!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette, and then Emily and Brenna)
Yvette is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient. That's how good their communication is with their patients! Also when I needed some adjustments with needle size as well as pain management, they were quick to help.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I think it was about $10-15k per egg retrieval cycle, just for the appts (not including medications). I was fortunate to have Livestrong and Walgreens sponsor my medications because the reason for the retrieval was a cancer diagnosis. I also pay $400 for embryo storage.
Because we had run PGS on the embryos and knew they were viable, the recommendation was to transfer only one since it had a better chance of taking.

2019, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
When she quickly realized the proper information was not yet conveyed to us, she took the time to explain what the number meant, drew visuals so the results made more sense. She presented the options and her recommendations. Dr. Marshall answered all of our questions...She gave us the opportunity to ask more follow-up questions and responded in a timely manner. She offered follow-up resources to assist us in processing.
The entire [Pacific NW Fertility] staff was welcoming and warm. Each interaction made you feel as if you truly mattered as an individual. There are many options for appointment times. The appointments were on time and you are not left waiting for hours...Initial Appointment-$386.00 Testing - AMH-$88.00 E2-$85.00 FSH-$80.00 Follicular Monitoring-$190.00 Venipuncture-$26.00 Follow-up Appointment-$196.00
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
We met for a consult and updated testing. When we arrived for the results, she had thought the office had provided us the results and what the results met prior to meeting. When she quickly realized the proper information was not yet conveyed to us, she took the time to explain what the number meant, drew visuals so the results made more sense. She presented the options and her recommendations. Dr. Marshall answered all of our questions. It definitely is not the news you want to get as a patient trying to conceive. She was honest and allowed us the space to show emotions. I appreciated her candid honesty. She gave us the opportunity to ask more follow-up questions and responded in a timely manner. She offered follow-up resources to assist us in processing.
Dr. Marshall is very experienced and has knowledge to share that is truly valuable. Be candid with you concerns . I was very impressed with her!
From the moment we met Dr. Marshall she was warm and friendly. Took the time to explain all of our options, testing, support from the entire team. WE met with 3 different team members that provided us with options, pricing, counseling and overall support. Our situation is very difficult and she gave us the time and space to digest the information and leave the door open.
Consult and testing only
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Holly Madsen )
My interactions we limited given a consult only. She provided complete information on transferring my partners vials from the previous fertility clinic in another state.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The entire staff was welcoming and warm. Each interaction made you feel as if you truly mattered as an individual. There are many options for appointment times. The appointments were on time and you are not left waiting for hours.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
The results were conveyed just not interpreted as to what the results meant prior to the appointment.
Seattle

She [Dr. Marshall] is very straight forward but not too blunt. When talking about my chances being lower than others because of low egg count she talked us through specific number examples and let us throw in hypothetical questions. She set the expectations really well in our very first appointment so we have felt like we've been "on track" because it's working out to match what she set us up for - it's not ideal (of course I wish it was way easier) but she's been really good about knowing what we can expect.
I was able to talk to someone at the clinic [Pacific NW Fertility] whenever I needed to. My nurse took my calls and emails every day - even when I repeated myself and she didn't make me feel like I was bothering her. ...The clinic has been great. The hours work well - during a cycle you get appointments around 8 and 8:30 on the weekdays. The Saturday/Sunday appointments are all morning appointments.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is very straight forward but not too blunt. When talking about my chances being lower than others because of low egg count she talked us through specific number examples and let us throw in hypothetical questions. She set the expectations really well in our very first appointment so we have felt like we've been "on track" because it's working out to match what she set us up for - it's not ideal (of course I wish it was way easier) but she's been really good about knowing what we can expect.
Don't be afraid to ask your questions. She is so smart and it could be intimidating to ask what might feel like a dumb question but she's actually very patient with the crazy things I've asked her. It's ok to keep asking why - she'll answer when she can and be honest when there is no explanation for a specific result.
I was able to talk to someone at the clinic whenever I needed to. My nurse took my calls and emails every day - even when I repeated myself and she didn't make me feel like I was bothering her. She let me express my worry and explained the process as many times as I wanted to hear it very kindly.
My first IVF cycle was with hcg (20 units) and folistim (450 units). The folistim is at the highest dose because I have very few eggs for someone my age. We started a day earlier than planned and retrieved a day earlier than predicted. I stayed at those dosages the whole cycle and the trigger was planned when the largest follicle was at about 19 mm. Early on she let me know it would be best to do retrievals now if I want to plan for more than one child because my egg count is so low so we are starting a second cycle now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily)
The staff at this clinic has treated me so well since our first appointment - they are actually the reason I was even open to the idea of IVF. Before meeting them I had imagined it to be too difficult and painful for me to take on. After our first appointment I felt I was in good hands and they were already reassuring me that I could do this. Emily my nurse and coordinator is the best support I could ask for. She has been so kind and patient and available during what has been the biggest challenge of my life. I can't imagine doing this all without Emily. I can't recommend her enough.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
The clinic has been great. The hours work well - during a cycle you get appointments around 8 and 8:30 on the weekdays. The Saturday/Sunday appointments are all morning appointments. They have wifi in the lobby so when I've had to wait for results I was able to stay busy. Everyone on the phone and in person is kind and understanding.
Seattle
She [Dr. Lorna Marshall] has told me her concerns and what she feels would be best but always giving me options to choose from...she was very informative and concise, which is what I look for in a doctor. She took the time to explain the entire process of IVF and answered questions along the way...SHe recommends freezing your embryos for at least 2 months to reset your body... I am on Follistim and Mini HCG. She has titrated the amount according to my labs.
MY care coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility] is Emily. I have worked with at least 2 other nurses in this office. All of them are very kind and caring. Always calling to check on me and to make sure I am dong ok on my medications. When I am seen in the office Emily and all the other staff always have a smile on their face...IVF cycle cost around $25,000...This clinic overall is a great place to be receiving fertility services. No one wants to be in this situation but this is where you want to be going through it. The entire clinic is well run, usually on time and always clean.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
It has been a long road for my husband and I. I met Dr. Marshall during my ART consultation. During this consultation, she was very informative and concise, which is what I look for in a doctor. She took the time to explain the entire process of IVF and answered questions along the way. She has told me how it is through this journey that I am still on. She has told me her concerns and what she feels would be best but always giving me options to choose from.
She is a great doctor and would recommend to all. Although this journey I am on is not something that has been planned, she has made it easier to get through.
She takes the time to discuss the options and gives you time to ask questions. She cares about how you feel during your treatments. She takes the time when something is uncomfortable.
I am currently on my first round of IVF. I am on Follistim and Mini HCG. She has titrated the amount according to my labs. She used Ganirelix. She is using a dual trigger with Lupron and HCG. SHe recommends freezing your embryos for at least 2 months to reset your body.
MY care coordinator is Emily. I have worked with at least 2 other nurses in this office. All of them are very kind and caring. Always calling to check on me and to make sure I am dong ok on my medications. When I am seen in the office Emily and all the other staff always have a smile on their face.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My first and, at this point, my only IVF cycle cost around $25,000.
I do know the office I go to has a protocol for this. For the age I am, she recommends not transferring more then 2 embryos at a time.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I can't work with a doctor with zero sense of humor, especially about something so crazy as fertility treatment and IVF. I appreciated her [Dr. Lorna Marshall] openness to answering my questions and telling me what she was doing step by step. She'd take time to explain everything she was seeing on the ultrasound, which I appreciated. I learned a lot going through this process and she is open to taking a teacher approach, which is what I desire in a doctor. She also held my hand at one point before the egg retrieval and said, sincerely, "We want this to work for you." That meant a lot to me and made me cry (in a good way).
[Pacific NW Fertility] Strengths: Small, privately owned, competent, clean, high-tech, compassionate care team Weaknesses: Traffic getting across town sucks for multiple treatments Things to look for in a clinic: There should be no pictures of babies in the waiting room, no parenting magazines, and nothing to remind you of babies or children. If this is the case, you know that the staff is trying to maximize your psychological comfort. (Any woman in fertility treatment knows that seeing the giant bellies and all the baby posters at the OB's office is torture.) Even our nurse coordinator, who was pregnant, concealed her baby belly under her lab coat. Really considerate of her. Pay attention to how you're treated and whether your doctor or nurses remember your case when he/she sees you. At our first clinic, not this one, the doctor would be reading our chart while she was in front of us to try to remember who we were. The nurses at our last clinic got us confused with other couples. This did not happen at PNWF, thankfully! You do not have to put up with that kind of treatment!
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall is competent and speaks clearly, though not necessarily an overly warm or gushing personality. My husband and I make a lot of jokes and she would often simply smile at us, and sometimes laugh a little, but not give a huge guffaw. (I call the vaginal ultrasound wand, "My old friend.") I thought we had a good, collaborative working relationship. I can't work with a doctor with zero sense of humor, especially about something so crazy as fertility treatment and IVF. I appreciated her openness to answering my questions and telling me what she was doing step by step. She'd take time to explain everything she was seeing on the ultrasound, which I appreciated. I learned a lot going through this process and she is open to taking a teacher approach, which is what I desire in a doctor. She also held my hand at one point before the egg retrieval and said, sincerely, "We want this to work for you." That meant a lot to me and made me cry (in a good way).
You really have to trust your doctor a whole lot during what may be the most vulnerable and stressful period of your life. This person is going to see you at your worst. Don't be afraid to switch doctors. We switched to Dr. Marshall from another doctor at another clinic. As with any doctor, speak up and advocate for your own care. Things do slip through the cracks and open communication is key. ...I still never fully got the hang of fertility treatment -- I was never fully comfortable with having to be a part of that system, though much of the struggle was in my own head. It's important to recognize in yourself when the doctor is really the problem, or the problem is within yourself. Conceiving a child is such a personal, magical thing -- and here you have to welcome strangers into the process. Eventually, with IVF, they will no longer be strangers but some of the people you see most often during the week. Fit is so important.
I have experiences with two clinics in Seattle and this was the far better of the two. The smaller clinic size meant that I got to know the nurses and doctors.
We had male factor infertility caused by cancer treatment. We used husband's frozen sperm. Treatment plan with this clinic was two IUIs, one of which resulted in miscarriage and another that didn't take. We'd had three IUI failures at a previous clinic, as well. Dr. Marshall encouraged us to continue with IUIs, but I was tired of failures and the imprecision with my irregular menstrual cycle -- so I made the case for IVF and Dr. Marshall agreed. This is important to note because the clinic makes a LOT more money off of an IVF patient than an IUI patient. And yet, Dr. Marshall did not push us to do IVF before we were ready, in fact, I was ready to take the next step and asked for IVF. It's important to have a doctor who sees you as a human being with hopes for a family, rather than a source of cash and profit.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Pacific NW Fertility.
There was staff turnover for us because of maternity leave and retirements. The clinic was juggling a lot while also managing our care. I don't think our quality of care suffered.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
From memory: $5,000 - $10,000 out of pocket over the years $15,000 - $25,000 insurance over the years
We did genetic screening of our embryos, put one embryo in, and I am now seven months pregnant with an apparently healthy baby. The genetic screening cost about $2,500 out of pocket. This seems like a reasonable risk/reward for our family to minimize the chances of a failed transfer and to minimize the odds of multiples.
Seattle

Dr. Marshall: individualized her protocol recommendation, synthesizing her knowledge of IVF research and her experience and innovation with cancer patients. Her ability to individualize effective protocols was absolutely top notch. Most doctors like standard protocols because they are what generally works. But if you are older or not an easy case, you NEED someone like Dr. Marshall—who has the knowledge, the courage, and agility to go beyond textbook solutions.
My experience with my IVF coordinator [at Pacific NW Fertility - Sea], Emily Gray, and all the nursing staff has been top notch...The high quality of the experience I have had is embedded in how PNWF operates. All my interactions with PNWF doctors have been very positive. I believe their equipment and protocols are top notch...The team at PNWF fertility provides a fabulous combination of medical talent and attentive care... Everyone has been so kind and understanding. It has meant so much they everyone takes such pride and care in what they do: from handling my frequent blood draws to providing thoughtful care before and after egg retrievals.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Pursuing IVF is one of the most out-of-control experiences I’ve had. But there is a comfort in knowing you are doing everything you can. Dr. Marshall has given me that comfort. At every step of my partnership with Dr. Marshall, I have had deep confidence in our approach. And the results are there to prove it. I went from two canceled cycles before working with Dr. Marshall to 15 total eggs retrieved in two back-to-back cycles of embryo banking after working with Dr. Marshall. While my transfer cycle is not until next month, I have rock-solid confidence in our path forward. For you to understand how special Dr. Marshall is, it’s helpful to contextualize my situation and the struggles I had before meeting her. If you are short on time, please scroll to the end where I sing her praises. My story – Before Dr. Marshall I am a healthy woman who has been active my entire life. My body has always cooperated with me, and I thought having a child would be no exception. So I spent my 30s focusing on my career and exploring the world, actively avoiding pregnancy, confident my husband of 17 years and I could have a child when and if we chose to. When we were ready to pursue pregnancy, I was 40. To avoid risking delays and miscarriage, we opted for IVF straightaway. This made our case unusual because we hadn’t spent time trying on our own without success, so we weren’t prepared for the rude awakening that followed. The initial diagnosis was beyond disheartening. I learned my FSH (at 13 IU/L) meant I was closer to menopause than I had counted on. Statistical models estimated I had the potential for three eggs each cycle. My new label: 40-year-old with Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Defiant, we proceeded anyway. But we got knocked down HARD. My first cycle was canceled quickly out of the gate because the birth control pills led to over-suppression. Only one follicle responded. Determined to get more information and move forward quickly, I sought another opinion per the suggestion of a friend of mine with extremely high standards. I flew out of town straightway to do so. The second round was canceled too. Once again, I had a dominant follicle emerge and my other follicles wouldn’t grow as a result. I started pouring over medical journals and learned there was a group of criteria used to describe my poor response: the Bologna criteria. Trust me, this is not a group you want to be in. I hated all these labels, and my sense of self started to morph with the loss of hope. It felt like my only option was to throw a hail Mary, without any real confidence that one would work. Not liking this conclusion (and not being able digest mentally why it shouldn’t be possible to preempt the early development of a dominant follicle), I scheduled a meeting with Dr. Marshall, at the recommendation of several friends. MY MEETING WITH DR. MARSHALL TURNED AROUND THE TRAJECTORY OF MY FERTILITY JOURNEY. 180 DEGREES. My story – After Dr. Marshall After my husband and I talked to Dr. Marshall, I knew I wanted to work with her. I knew she would be my final fertility doctor. Several things really jumped out at me during our initial conversation. Dr. Marshall: • Individualized her protocol recommendation, synthesizing her knowledge of IVF research and her experience and innovation with cancer patients. Her ability to individualize effective protocols was absolutely top notch. Most doctors like standard protocols because they are what generally works. But if you are older or not an easy case, you NEED someone like Dr. Marshall—who has the knowledge, the courage, and agility to go beyond textbook solutions. She discussed options with me, and her rationale was targeted and precise. Dr. Marshall was able to design a protocol that was much more compelling and effective than what I was able to find on other sites and in medical journals. During our discussion my prior cycles became critical inputs for deciding how to move forward. My prior doctors had made very solid decisions, but the key to better results was precisely pinpointing what needed to be changed based on what did not work in the past. • Offered us an entire path forward, not just a protocol for the next cycle – Given my first two cycles had been canceled, it seemed naïve to assume that the next cycle would miraculously be “the one.” We talked through a few scenarios that alleviated the pressure on the next cycle even while giving us renewed hope. It felt like a fresh start. • Focused on doing the right thing – Dr. Marshall happily agreed to work with us, even though there was a chance I could hurt the success rates of her clinic. She is clearly motivated to help people achieve their fertility goals, and is willing to put her patients’ needs ahead of her clinic’s numbers. • Has a sense of urgency – Dr. Marshall helped us get started as soon as possible, and worked with us to schedule other diagnostic procedures while we waited for the cycle to begin. Once we got started with the cycle, it felt like I was like I was in a different body. Hope blossomed when the cycle wasn’t canceled, and then turned into giddiness when I saw above-average results for my age. In the end, we made 9 follicles! From two canceled cycles to 9 follicles! Eight of these follicles made it to day 3, but we were down to one healthy embryo after genetic testing. So we opted to bank the first one and try IVF again. The second cycle proceeded as the first. While there were fewer follicles recruited out of the gate (I pursued this cycle as soon as possible after the prior one), we made 6 follicles, 15 total after two tries! And we now have another healthy embryo. These two cycles also highlighted how and why Dr. Marshall is so unique: • Drive for results – Throughout our journey so far, Dr. Marshall has been in the process with us. She does her work with skin in the game. We went from two canceled cycles to 15 follicles over two cycles. • Mental flexibility to do the right thing – Dr. Marshall always has a plan, but dynamically optimizes when there is new information (from bloodwork, from ultrasound, etc.) There are a lot of smart doctors but in my experience her ability to perceive leading indicators quickly and comprehensively and adapt plans accordingly is extremely, extremely rare. I am not used to others staying ahead of me, and it has been a true joy to relax and just do what I’m told! • Blends the best of IVF science with warmth and compassion – From her ability to handle my IVF-emoting to her kind bedside manner, Dr. Marshall brings warmth as well as expertise. My gratitude to Dr. Marshall runs deep. If, like me, you are able to work with her, you will be a very, very, very lucky person indeed!
Work with Dr. Marshall and you can relax.
Estradiol for suppression. Clomid + High dosage follistim for stimulation. Human growth hormone for finishing. The timing Dr. Marshall used for each step was critical for changing my results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emily Gray)
My experience with my IVF coordinator, Emily Gray, and all the nursing staff has been top notch. It is difficult to identify all the traits that an ideal IVF coordinator has, but my experience with Emily has helped to crystallize them: • Deeply knowledgeable – Emily’s ability to smoothly manage communication and coordination among my doctor, the front desk, my pharmacy, geneticists, and others is rooted in her knowledge of both IVF medicine and the PNWF process. Her knowledge is broad (covering my questions on embryo banking, acceptable medications, etc.) and deep (e.g., risks associated with back-to-back IVF cycles). I’ve worked with many nurses in multiple fields who can go through the motions, but can’t connect each process step or my question to the bigger goal. Emily goes way beyond. • Commitment to results – As with Dr. Marshall and with the entire team, Emily has always been “in it to win it” with my husband and me. During one visit, I expressed that I appreciated her working with me even after I had proven to be the Cancellation Queen. She responded immediately and confidently: “I’ve never known you as that.” At that moment, I realized how important it is to feel in my bones the support and belief of the team you are partnering with. • Attunement and sensitivity – Emily is upbeat when delivering good news, and compassionate when delivering bad news. This sensitivity is HUGE when going through the IVF process. There is nothing worse than going through a gut-wrenching process with a tone deaf partner. • Proactive and clear – Emily stays ahead of me in all aspects of the process: from sending me a tentative calendar before we’ve even finalized target dates to ensuring my prescriptions are ready to go. • Responsive and patient – I’m not an easy patient. I ask lots of questions. All the time. Emily has been gracious with her attention and timely with her responses, often providing more information and insight than I even know to ask for. The rest of the nursing staff and front desk staff has been great to work with as well. At a certain point, I started to feel like a regular given the number and frequency of my visits. Everyone has been so kind and understanding. It has meant so much they everyone takes such pride and care in what they do: from handling my frequent blood draws to providing thoughtful care before and after egg retrievals. The team at PNWF fertility provides a fabulous combination of medical talent and attentive care.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
~$10K for physician services (monitoring, aspiration, transfer); ~$9K for embryology (insemination, blastocyst culture, cryopreservation)
Seattle
We used a protocol that Dr. Marshall developed in her work with cancer patients....Dr. Marshall cares. This comes across in how she partnered with us--able to listen, empathize, and steer the cycle... Dr. Marshall: Individualized her protocol recommendation, synthesizing her knowledge of IVF research and her experience and innovation with cancer patients. Her ability to individualize effective protocols was absolutely top notch
Every time I've gone under anesthesia [at Pacific NW Fertility], I've felt watched over as a person not just a patient.... I am not used to others staying ahead of me, and it has been a true joy to relax and just do what I’m told! Blends the best of IVF science with warmth and compassion – From her ability to handle my IVF-emoting to her kind bedside manner, Dr. Marshall brings warmth as well as expertise.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Pursuing IVF is one of the most out-of-control experiences I’ve had. But there is a comfort in knowing you are doing everything you can. Dr. Marshall has given me that comfort. At every step of my partnership with Dr. Marshall, I have had deep confidence in our approach. And the results are there to prove it. I went from two canceled cycles before working with Dr. Marshall to 15 total eggs retrieved in two back-to-back cycles of embryo banking after working with Dr. Marshall. While my transfer cycle is not until next month, I have rock-solid confidence in our path forward. For you to understand how special Dr. Marshall is, it’s helpful to contextualize my situation and the struggles I had before meeting her. If you are short on time, please scroll to the end where I sing her praises. My story – Before Dr. Marshall I am a healthy woman who has been active my entire life. My body has always cooperated with me, and I thought having a child would be no exception. So I spent my 30s focusing on my career and exploring the world, actively avoiding pregnancy, confident my husband of 17 years and I could have a child when and if we chose to. When we were ready to pursue pregnancy, I was 40. To avoid risking delays and miscarriage, we opted for IVF straightaway. This made our case unusual because we hadn’t spent time trying on our own without success, so we weren’t prepared for the rude awakening that followed. The initial diagnosis was beyond disheartening. I learned my FSH (at 13 IU/L) meant I was closer to menopause than I had counted on. Statistical models estimated I had the potential for three eggs each cycle. My new label: 40-year-old with Diminished Ovarian Reserve. Defiant, we proceeded anyway. But we got knocked down HARD. My first cycle was canceled quickly out of the gate because the birth control pills led to over-suppression. Only one follicle responded. Determined to get more information and move forward quickly, I sought another opinion per the suggestion of a doctor friend of mine. I flew out of town straightway to do so. The second round was canceled too. Once again, I had a dominant follicle emerge and my other follicles wouldn’t grow as a result. I started pouring over medical journals and learned there was a group of criteria used to describe my poor response: the Bologna criteria. Trust me, this is not a group you want to be in. I hated all these labels, and my sense of self started to morph with the loss of hope. It felt like my only option was to throw a hail Mary, without any real confidence that one would work. Not liking this conclusion (and not being able digest mentally why it shouldn’t be possible to preempt the early development of a dominant follicle), I scheduled a meeting with Dr. Marshall, at the recommendation of several friends. MY MEETING WITH DR. MARSHALL TURNED AROUND THE TRAJECTORY OF MY FERTILITY JOURNEY. 180 DEGREES. My story – After Dr. Marshall After my husband and I talked to Dr. Marshall, I knew I wanted to work with her. I knew she would be my final fertility doctor. Several things really jumped out at me during our initial conversation. Dr. Marshall: • Individualized her protocol recommendation, synthesizing her knowledge of IVF research and her experience and innovation with cancer patients. Her ability to individualize effective protocols was absolutely top notch. Most doctors like standard protocols because they are what generally works. But if you are older or not an easy case, you NEED someone like Dr. Marshall—who has the knowledge, the courage, and agility to go beyond textbook solutions. She discussed options with me, and her rationale was targeted and precise. Dr. Marshall was able to design a protocol that was much more compelling and effective than what I was able to find on other sites and in medical journals. • Offered us an entire path forward, not just a protocol for the next cycle – Given my first two cycles had been canceled, it seemed naïve to assume that the next cycle would miraculously be “the one.” We talked through a few scenarios that alleviated the pressure on the next cycle even while giving us renewed hope. It felt like a fresh start. • Focused on doing the right thing – Dr. Marshall happily agreed to work with us, even though there was a chance I could hurt the success rates of her clinic. She is clearly motivated to help people achieve their fertility goals, and is willing to put her patients’ needs ahead of her clinic’s numbers. • Has a sense of urgency – Dr. Marshall helped us get started as soon as possible, and worked with us to schedule other diagnostic procedures while we waited for the cycle to begin. Once we got started with the cycle, it felt like I was like I was in a different body. Hope blossomed when the cycle wasn’t canceled, and then turned into giddiness when I saw above-average results for my age. In the end, we made 9 follicles! From two canceled cycles to 9 follicles! Eight of these follicles made it to day 3, but we were down to one healthy embryo after genetic testing. So we opted to bank the first one and try IVF again. The second cycle proceeded as the first. While there were fewer follicles recruited out of the gate (I pursued this cycle as soon as possible after the prior one), we made 6 follicles, 15 total after two tries! And we now have another healthy embryo. These two cycles also highlighted how and why Dr. Marshall is so unique: • Drive for results – Throughout our journey so far, Dr. Marshall has been in the process with us. She does her work with skin in the game. We went from two canceled cycles to 15 follicles over two cycles. • Mental flexibility to do the right thing – Dr. Marshall always has a plan, but dynamically optimizes when there is new information (from bloodwork, from ultrasound, etc.) There are a lot of smart doctors but in my experience her ability to perceive leading indicators quickly and comprehensively and adapt plans accordingly is extremely, extremely rare. I am not used to others staying ahead of me, and it has been a true joy to relax and just do what I’m told! • Blends the best of IVF science with warmth and compassion – From her ability to handle my IVF-emoting to her kind bedside manner, Dr. Marshall brings warmth as well as expertise. My gratitude to Dr. Marshall runs deep. If, like me, you are able to work with her, you will be a very, very, very lucky person indeed!
You're smart to work with her. You can relax now.
Dr. Marshall cares. This comes across in how she partnered with us--able to listen, empathize, and steer the cycle. Every time I've gone under anesthesia, I've felt watched over as a person not just a patient.
We used a protocol that Dr. Marshall developed in her work with cancer patients. Suppression with estradiol. Then a combination of Clomid, Follistim, and Omnitrope. I will need to confirm exact timing and doses.
We froze embryos after both cycles.

2013 - 2016, Unknown Success
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr Lorna Marshall] takes the time to explain procedures and recommendations and gets into the 'why' of what we are doing. She explains things in a way that I (an RN) and my husband (not in a medical profession) both understand what we are doing and why. She is flexible with us to make changes in what we are doing (decided not to do an IUI), and listens to our concerns....Dr Marshall always greets me with a smile, and takes the time to know what is going on in my life. She has worked with me to schedule last minute appointments around other commitments and spends time asking about things going on in my life.
Such a convenient location! [Pacific Northwest Fertility in Seattle is] only 3 blocks from Harborview, and right on the Swedish downtown campus....Melinda is great about returning my calls and/or emails of questions. She helped coordinate things between us and the genetics company when there was a massive change in charges that I didn't expect (and we got them to drop that $5k charge)....There were some miscommunications early on in our 2015/16 process where things didn't move as quickly as I wanted--we met in September and paid for PGS and PGD and wanted to get things moving quickly, but it took about 6 weeks before they actually thawed our embryos to get samples to send for testing. At our first appointment, the timeline we discussed indicated that I might be ready to have embryos implanted by November/December, but in actuality
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She takes the time to explain procedures and recommendations and gets into the 'why' of what we are doing. She explains things in a way that I (an RN) and my husband (not in a medical profession) both understand what we are doing and why. She is flexible with us to make changes in what we are doing (decided not to do an IUI), and listens to our concerns.
Ask lots of questions. Write things down so you don't forget the little details.
Dr Marshall always greets me with a smile, and takes the time to know what is going on in my life. She has worked with me to schedule last minute appointments around other commitments and spends time asking about things going on in my life. I am an RN at a nearby trauma hospital and we have talked a bit about that as well. Dr Marshall is encouraging and optimistic and enthusiastic and she has me convinced that we can make this thing work!
2013 egg retrieval before chemo: Menopur/Follistim/Ganirelix and HCG trigger. I was 35 years old and we got 11 eggs. 8 made it to freeze as embryos at day 3; 2 made it to day 5 freeze (in 2015), and one of those was found to be chromosomally normal after PGS testing. The remaining embryo has the genetic mutation that caused my cancer, so we are currently doing a second egg retrieval in one more shot to try for a baby without this mutation hanging over their head. Based on my AMH and FSH levels, Dr Marshall actually recommended against doing another egg retrieval when we first asked. But when we decided that we wanted to try even though there was a higher chance of failure, she worked with us full force. We are pulling out all the big guns on this one: 4mg Estrace x12 days, then 100mg Clomid x5 days; 150mg Menopur; 300IU Follistim. Will start Ganirelix once follicles are ready, and will have an HCG trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Melinda and Adriana)
Melinda is great about returning my calls and/or emails of questions. She helped coordinate things between us and the genetics company when there was a massive change in charges that I didn't expect (and we got them to drop that $5k charge). Melinda is good about letting me know when she won't be in the office, so I know to ask for her backup coordinator when I call. She even went to bat for me (along with Dr Marshall) to get the clinic to offer me the cancer rate discount, even though this second egg retrieval is happening AFTER my chemo/treatment.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Such a convenient location! Only 3 blocks from Harborview, and right on the Swedish downtown campus.
It was about $9500 for our initial egg retrieval in 2013 (with a cancer patient discount and meds paid for through another cancer patient fund); in 2015, it was $4850 for PGD; $1k for PGS; $4500 for embryo biopsying and sending samples to the genetics company; it will be $11800 for this next round of egg retrieval, including ICSI (currently doing injections for this); I paid $5184 for my meds this time around. Another $1800 for biopsies to send for PGS and PGD; $3865 for FET, plus the cost of meds.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There were some miscommunications early on in our 2015/16 process where things didn't move as quickly as I wanted--we met in September and paid for PGS and PGD and wanted to get things moving quickly, but it took about 6 weeks before they actually thawed our embryos to get samples to send for testing. At our first appointment, the timeline we discussed indicated that I might be ready to have embryos implanted by November/December, but in actuality we didn't have our results back until late January 2016. It would have been less frustrating if this longer timeline possibility had been made clear at the very beginning.

2010 - 2016, Successful
Since I had a previous successful pregnancy, and mostly unexplained fertility, we did a standard course of treatment for my egg retrieval. She [Dr. Lorna Marshall] used birth control and Lupron, followed by Gonal-F and Menopur. She used an HCG trigger for retrieval. Following transferal, we did progesterone in oil shots, combined with estrogen patches. I had a fresh cycle transfer, but I understand that the clinic now combines PGD with a frozen cycle transfer to improve results. The second transfer was a chemical pregnancy, likely due to attachment on previous scar tissue. For the third transfer, she positioned the embryo in a different place. This led to my second successful IVF pregnancy,r, with birth control for regulation, then progesterone in oil and estrogen patches.
I think the clinic [PNW Fertility] has lots of options, is very well respected in the field, and has been doing this for a long time. It seems a little intimidating at first, and there is certainly a feeling that this is a business, but still one where they care about you.... I had a few [nurses], the first one was a bit scattered, but the second one I had was great. She went on maternity leave before my final successful transfer, but her replacement was also great.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is very knowledgeable, and extremely caring. She explained the different steps, and walked me through what the options were. Once I was pregnant, I did feel a little rushed out of the clinic, but I figured that was because she was sure that everything was going well.
Write everything down.
She knew who I was, she asked about my other kids, she was kind, and very sympathetic.
Since I had a previous successful pregnancy, and mostly unexplained fertility, we did a standard course of treatment for my egg retrieval. She used birth control and Lupron, followed by Gonal-F and Menopur. She used an HCG trigger for retrieval. Following transferal, we did progesterone in oil shots, combined with estrogen patches. I had a fresh cycle transfer, but I understand that the clinic now combines PGD with a frozen cycle transfer to improve results. The second transfer was a chemical pregnancy, likely due to attachment on previous scar tissue. For the third transfer, she positioned the embryo in a different place. This led to my second successful IVF pregnancy,r, with birth control for regulation, then progesterone in oil and estrogen patches.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility.
I had a few, the first one was a bit scattered, but the second one I had was great. She went on maternity leave before my final successful transfer, but her replacement was also great.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I think the clinic has lots of options, is very well respected in the field, and has been doing this for a long time. It seems a little intimidating at first, and there is certainly a feeling that this is a business, but still one where they care about you.
They were covered by insurance, so the total bill for the first pregnancy was about $12,000, but we only paid $1500. The embryo storage was $250/6 months. The second and third transfers were about $2500 each, again, partially covered by insurance.
She said she would let the embryologist decide one versus two based on the quality of the day, for the first transfer, and the embryologist said one. For the second and third transfers, I asked for a single embryo.