Medical SchoolU. of Texas
FellowshipBeth Israel Boston
10630 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
410.997.6999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lorna Timmreck to a friend?
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr Timmreck] won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient...She was straight-forward, and she didn't "hand-hold," but she still answered every question we had patiently and kindly. She took the time to know our story and make recommendations based on what WE wanted...and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered...I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
I always felt like I had all the information from Dr. Timmreck. She gave us our odds, but did so in a way that was compassionate. She wasn't as warm as our nurse, but she was not cold by any means. I felt that she understood the significant emotional side of infertility and was patient and kind. When we were ready for treatment (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. When for financial and emotional reasons, we were ready to to move from one form of treatment to another (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully. I felt like she was fighting WITH us, and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
General Day 3 testing (AMH, prolactin, FSH, E2, etc.), HSG, semen analysis, repeat pregnancy loss panel (RPL). No red flags--"unexplained infertility." No apparent reason for previous losses. Timed intercourse for 1-2 cycles. Clomid (100 mg for 5 days) + Ovidrel trigger+ IUI for 2 cycles. Progesterone suppositories (200 mg twice a day vaginally) until beta test. (Clomid--hoping to get more than one egg during the IUI process to increase the chances of getting a "quality" egg.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorrentino)
Kim Sorrentino was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Strengths: Good infrastructure, competent and caring doctors and staff, a "no child" in the waiting room policy, and a high success rate. Weaknesses: Some patients feel like the clinic is a "factory." I personally have not felt that way, but my case was fairly straightforward.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.
I think an IUI (with medication and monitoring) cost around $2000.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Timmreck] was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics...Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful...She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart. She willingly answers every question you have, even if you have previously covered the topic.
No question is silly. Please ask them all.
She was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics.
Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful, but we were ready to move to IVF if it had not been successful. In trying to add to our family, we are again starting with Clomid IUI. We plan on doing at least two cycles.
Kim Sorrentino is very warm and friendly. She was organized and always related all results to me with their implication. The overall staff is friendly and competent.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They need a bigger location. Waiting times during monitoring are long. Mostly, though, things run smoothly. The staff is competent and friendly. There is a free monthly support group at the clinic, as well, run by a therapist who specializes in infertility. Go. It is well worth it.
Around $1800-$2000 per IUI cycle?
Describe Lorna Timmreck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
2009 - 2011
While I was pregnant, she [Dr Lorna Timmreck] ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
While I was pregnant, she ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
Get a new doctor - I did and was treated MUCH better by someone else. Plus, I now have a baby!
Despite being her patient for years, she did not even remember my husband's name and seemed to care more about my shoes than us, as human beings.
Started with a natural iui, then progressed to three standard iui's, then to two ivf's with ganeralix, gonal f and menopur. Second ivf resulted in a pregnancy, but Timmreck had me stop the endometrin due to low Betas, so I lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
She was kind, but nervous. The staff was ok and there was one phlembotomist who was great. The other one I tried to avoid.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The good: Lots of locations and (almost) convenient hours. Many doctors to choose from with pretty brochures in nice offices. The support groups are great. The bad: patients are just numbers - no individual treatment plans. Patients are mostly seen by nurses and rushed staff members.
I was mostly covered by insurance and had to only pay for medications, which ended up to be a few thousand dollars in total.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Timmreck] was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging...Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. ..Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them...
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them.
Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. We got pregnant and now have a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey McNeely)
They were thorough and compassionate. Never made me feel bad no matter how many questions I had. Always got an answer quickly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Very organized and good hours for working women. They have everything organized and written so you don't have to try and remember. Easy to reach nurses via email.
Do not recall
2013 - 2014
Dr Timmreck was extremely patient with all of my questions, and very understanding when things didn't work out for a cycle. Even when I miscarried - I felt as though I was supported and cared for....Ask questions - dont' be afraid - she will answer them...Dr Timmreck was fantastic - highly recommend. She treated me as a person and not just another patient. I felt like she was genuinely concerned for my well being and cared about my success with the treatments....
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions - dont' be afraid - she will answer them
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim B)
All of the nursing staff cared for my well being. They were compassionate and kind every single visit. They cried with me when I miscarried and cheered me on every cycle. They were a large part of my support system
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Excellent financing options. Fantastic front desk staff. Professional skilled phlebotomists. Excellent hours for accommodating schedules
$10,000 est