Nurse available by email
FellowshipBeth Israel Boston
10630 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
410.997.6999
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Lorna Timmreck to a friend?
6.8

5.2

On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility to a friend?
2017 - 2019
The only other thing she [Dr. Timmereck] has done repeatedly is bring up my age. I’m 43, and it’s mentioned at EVERY SINGLE appointment I have with her. I know my age! That’s one of the reasons we are there, I don’t need constant reminders!! But overall, since that one phone call, everything has been great. Just don’t expect any unscheduled discussions with her!...don’t expect to feel like you’re her only patients. She is very kind and understanding and was supportive after our miscarriage, but Dr. Timmreck does not make it a secret that she’s extremely busy.
SGF in general is like a factory. The staff, including doctors are very kind, but the sheer volume of patients and wait times can be overwhelming...The first nurse they assigned me was horribly inexperienced, but Natalie has been wonderful. She is kind, compassionate, knowledgeable and I never feel rushed or that I am bothering her. She always responds to me in a timely manner and does exactly what she says she’ll do.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Overall, she’s been really nice, but at the beginning of our first cycle, they assigned us to a very inexperienced nurse who couldn’t even answer questions on the phone without checking with a colleague. When I called Dr. Timmreck to discuss, she tried to rush me off the phone saying, “I have patients waiting for me” as if I wasn’t a patient myself! But she did reassign us to another experienced nurse. The only other thing she has done repeatedly is bring up my age. I’m 43, and it’s mentioned at EVERY SINGLE appointment I have with her. I know my age! That’s one of the reasons we are there, I don’t need constant reminders!! But overall, since that one phone call, everything has been great. Just don’t expect any unscheduled discussions with her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Just don’t expect to feel like you’re her only patients. She is very kind and understanding and was supportive after our miscarriage, but Dr. Timmreck does not make it a secret that she’s extremely busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the protocols Lorna Timmreck used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
First cycle: I don’t remember the dosages, but we did BCP for 2.5 weeks, then Gonal-f and Menopur injections for 14 days, at some point, they added in cetrotide injections, but I don’t remember exactly when. I did a Lupron trigger shot, then egg retrieval and 5 day transfer Second cycle: we had the Gonal-f and Menopur injections with the added cetrotide again, I don’t remember the dosages, but I do remember that this time it went on for 16 days. Lupron trigger and then egg retrieval. No eggs fertilized in this cycle, so no transfer occurred :( Third cycle in progress: we are on day 7 of Gonal-f and Menopur injections. They increased the Gonal dosage so we hopefully can trigger earlier this time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Natalie Eaton)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
This clinic is like a factory. The plus side: they have the system down pat, so you know exactly what to expect and can learn how to work the system to your advantage. The down side: it is EXTREMELY busy ALL THE TIME. They only have 2 blood draw chairs and 3 ultrasound rooms, so you could make an appointment for monitoring at 7:30am and not be seen until 9:00 or later. They do have several other locations in the area, so you can go to any of those locations to be seen if more convenient. But they are all just as busy!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.
They have a multi-cycle discount of $18,500 for 2 cycles. This not include the medications which can be another $5,000-7,000 per cycle.
Describe Lorna Timmreck's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
They did tell me that they would only transfer 2 embryos at a time. We only had 2 that were mature enough to transfer anyway, so it was fine.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr Timmreck] won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient...She was straight-forward, and she didn't "hand-hold," but she still answered every question we had patiently and kindly. She took the time to know our story and make recommendations based on what WE wanted...and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered...I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully.
[Shady Grove - Colombia] Strengths: Good infrastructure, competent and caring doctors and staff, a "no child" in the waiting room policy, and a high success rate. Weaknesses: Some patients feel like the clinic is a "factory." I personally have not felt that way, but my case was fairly straightforward...Kim Sorrentino [Nurse at Shady Grove] was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
I always felt like I had all the information from Dr. Timmreck. She gave us our odds, but did so in a way that was compassionate. She wasn't as warm as our nurse, but she was not cold by any means. I felt that she understood the significant emotional side of infertility and was patient and kind. When we were ready for treatment (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. When for financial and emotional reasons, we were ready to to move from one form of treatment to another (before she recommended it), she supported our decision. I felt that she was rational, calm, and patient. I stress "patient" because it was very important to us that ALL of our questions were answered fully. I felt like she was fighting WITH us, and I never had a question about the next step that was not answered.
She won't hold your hand, but she's honest, compassionate, kind, and patient.
General Day 3 testing (AMH, prolactin, FSH, E2, etc.), HSG, semen analysis, repeat pregnancy loss panel (RPL). No red flags--"unexplained infertility." No apparent reason for previous losses. Timed intercourse for 1-2 cycles. Clomid (100 mg for 5 days) + Ovidrel trigger+ IUI for 2 cycles. Progesterone suppositories (200 mg twice a day vaginally) until beta test. (Clomid--hoping to get more than one egg during the IUI process to increase the chances of getting a "quality" egg.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim Sorrentino)
Kim Sorrentino was extremely warm and friendly. She answered questions within the same day, and when she was not available (time off, etc.), my questions were answered by other staff members. The woman who coordinated our IUI steps (Elaine?) was also kind and warm. The nurses performing the blood draws were also friendly and warm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
I think an IUI (with medication and monitoring) cost around $2000.

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Timmreck] was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics...Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful...She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart.
They [Shady Grove] need a bigger location. Waiting times during monitoring are long. Mostly, though, things run smoothly. The staff is competent and friendly. There is a free monthly support group at the clinic, as well, run by a therapist who specializes in infertility. Go. It is well worth it...Kim Sorrentino is very warm and friendly. She was organized and always related all results to me with their implication. The overall staff is friendly and competent.
2014 - 2018
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She perhaps is not as hand-holding as a true newcomer might like, however, she is direct, explains everything in layman terms, and has your best interest at heart. She willingly answers every question you have, even if you have previously covered the topic.
No question is silly. Please ask them all.
She was/is incredibly patient in answering every question and addressing concerns. She has taken our numbers and put them into context for us, and discussing how we are in between different sets of statistics.
Clomid IUI with hcg trigger We have recurrent pregnancy loss and unexplained infertility. Our second cycle was successful, but we were ready to move to IVF if it had not been successful. In trying to add to our family, we are again starting with Clomid IUI. We plan on doing at least two cycles.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
They need a bigger location. Waiting times during monitoring are long. Mostly, though, things run smoothly. The staff is competent and friendly. There is a free monthly support group at the clinic, as well, run by a therapist who specializes in infertility. Go. It is well worth it.
Around $1800-$2000 per IUI cycle?

2009 - 2011
While I was pregnant, she [Dr Lorna Timmreck] ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
The good [at Shady Grove fertility of Columbia] : Lots of locations and (almost) convenient hours. Many doctors to choose from with pretty brochures in nice offices. The support groups are great. The bad: patients are just numbers - no individual treatment plans. Patients are mostly seen by nurses and rushed staff members.
2009 - 2011
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
While I was pregnant, she ordered me to stop taking endometrin, because she did not think my Beta's were high enough and could not see the sack in my uterus. I begged her to give me more medication, but she refused. Shortly afterwards, I started bleding and lost the baby. Afterwards, I showed my Betas to two other fertility clinics - both were shocked at Timmreck's decision to stop a potentially viable pregnancy.
Get a new doctor - I did and was treated MUCH better by someone else. Plus, I now have a baby!
Despite being her patient for years, she did not even remember my husband's name and seemed to care more about my shoes than us, as human beings.
Started with a natural iui, then progressed to three standard iui's, then to two ivf's with ganeralix, gonal f and menopur. Second ivf resulted in a pregnancy, but Timmreck had me stop the endometrin due to low Betas, so I lost the baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
She was kind, but nervous. The staff was ok and there was one phlembotomist who was great. The other one I tried to avoid.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The good: Lots of locations and (almost) convenient hours. Many doctors to choose from with pretty brochures in nice offices. The support groups are great. The bad: patients are just numbers - no individual treatment plans. Patients are mostly seen by nurses and rushed staff members.
I was mostly covered by insurance and had to only pay for medications, which ended up to be a few thousand dollars in total.
+ Read more- Read less

[Dr. Lorna Timmreck] didn't seem to care about us as patients and was always very rushed. Her responses were passive at every meeting, which was only two or three times during my 3 attempts at Timed Intercourse...Dr. Timmerick was very passive and seemed more like she was going through a routine and reading off cue cards than actually listening, providing answers, and caring about me as a person.
My nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] was a mess; she was my main contact at Shady Grove and never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing...they were to schedule weekend testing for me at Rockville but Rockville had no information on me having been scheduled when I arrived...The clinic staff in Columbia never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing. They actually sent me lab results from another patient with a similar name and were moving forward with treatment based on those results until I noticed it and had it corrected. I had a few experiences for testing at Rockville and Towson locations and they seemed better but would be too far a distance for me to go there regularly.
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Timmerick didn't seem to care about us as patients and was always very rushed. Her responses were passive at every meeting, which was only two or three times during my 3 attempts at Timed Intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My nurse was a mess; she was my main contact at Shady Grove and never had any clue who I was, my history, or what treatment I was doing.

Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Timmreck] was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging...Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. ..Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them...
[Shady Grove Columbia] Very organized and good hours for working women. They have everything organized and written so you don't have to try and remember. Easy to reach nurses via email...[The nurses] They were thorough and compassionate. Never made me feel bad no matter how many questions I had. Always got an answer quickly...She [Dr. Timmreck] outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
Anovulation, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
She was patient and straightforward. She knew the current research. She was thorough and honest. She answered our questions and never made us feel rushed or pressured. She outlined her plan for us and provided a rationale. She discussed next steps but was positive and encouraging.
Ask all of your questions so that she has the opportunity to answer them.
Clinic with HcG trigger. Progesterone inserts. Oral supplements. We got pregnant and now have a healthy baby girl!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Casey McNeely)
Do not recall

2013 - 2014
Dr Timmreck was extremely patient with all of my questions, and very understanding when things didn't work out for a cycle. Even when I miscarried - I felt as though I was supported and cared for....Ask questions - dont' be afraid - she will answer them...Dr Timmreck was fantastic - highly recommend. She treated me as a person and not just another patient. I felt like she was genuinely concerned for my well being and cared about my success with the treatments....
All of the nursing staff [at Shady Grove - Columbia] cared for my well being. They were compassionate and kind every single visit. They cried with me when I miscarried and cheered me on every cycle. They were a large part of my support system...Excellent financing options. Fantastic front desk staff. Professional skilled phlebotomists. Excellent hours for accommodating schedules... Even when I miscarried - I felt as though I was supported and cared for....
2013 - 2014
How was your experience with Lorna Timmreck at Shady Grove Fertility?
Ask questions - dont' be afraid - she will answer them
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kim B)
All of the nursing staff cared for my well being. They were compassionate and kind every single visit. They cried with me when I miscarried and cheered me on every cycle. They were a large part of my support system
$10,000 est